[Movie Discussion] Nana

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
moonchyld

[Movie Discussion] Nana

Post by moonchyld » Jul 11th, '05, 17:02

is it showing yet? what's the response? :w00t:

tUrtleAE86

Post by tUrtleAE86 » Jul 11th, '05, 22:35

... what is "nana"? :unsure:

osora

Post by osora » Jul 11th, '05, 23:46

moonchyld - I've been wondering about that too. Does anybody know anything?

tUrtleAE86 - Nana is a manga that was turned into a movie starring Nakashima Mika as one of the main characters.

By the way has anybody else picked up the first issue of Shoujo Beat? (Nana is finally being published in english in that magazine.)

princeneko

Post by princeneko » Jul 11th, '05, 23:49

If I'm not mistaken, it won't be coming out til' September 3 in fall. I just remember it was towards the end of summer. I can't wait til' it comes out though. I love the manga.

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Jul 12th, '05, 04:44

Chisaki

Post by Chisaki » Jul 12th, '05, 05:29

Didn't think it was out yet. I definitely want to see this one although some of the cast is a bit of ? for me. I also really liked the NANA manga :)

moonchyld

Post by moonchyld » Jul 12th, '05, 07:26

I read the Mainichi article, too, that's why I wondered whether it was showing yet or not...

sigh.. september :( oh well, will be looking forward to it! :w00t:

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Jul 15th, '05, 00:44

It seems that Nana is one of the most anticipated movies of 2005. Well, I think that has a lot to do with Nakashima Mika's popularity on the rising :P . Well, here's Nana the movie's fansite, feel free to check it out for more translated articles, infos and pictures: http://www.nana-nana.net .

raspberihevn

Post by raspberihevn » Jul 16th, '05, 07:06

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/photospec ... na/12.html

Nononononono~ he's playing Ren ;_;?!
He's soo... >_>"
That gay movie I saw him in... -o- omg I can't erase the image from my mind.
Bad uke/seme! Bad!

makiono

Post by makiono » Jul 17th, '05, 22:10

yay for nana! :cheers: i don't really like the look of the guy playing ren either, but the one playing nobu seems to fit the character. I can't wait to see this movie! maybe if it's good they'll make it a series too :pray:

soda

Post by soda » Jul 19th, '05, 10:30

aldonia

Post by aldonia » Jul 20th, '05, 16:52

It looks good, I've watched some teaser previews and was really interested ^^ I just started reading NANA, as Shoujo Beat has it as one of the mangas to start off the mag. So far I like the story, but hopefully by the time the DVD of the movie comes out and hopefully perhaps is subtitled, I'll have read more of the story and know more about it XD As of now, I'm still on the first Nana's story, the one who keeps falling for weird guys and had an affair with that married guy o.o; It'll be interesting to see Mika's performance!

S4kura07

Post by S4kura07 » Jul 23rd, '05, 00:08

I can't wait to see mika's acting! I'm looking forward to see this movie! :D

crossing_by

Post by crossing_by » Jul 25th, '05, 03:21

raspberihevn wrote:http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/photospec ... na/12.html

Nononononono~ he's playing Ren ;_;?!
He's soo... >_>"
That gay movie I saw him in... -o- omg I can't erase the image from my mind.
Bad uke/seme! Bad!

my oh ... my ...
isn't he to 'sweet' for role as ren ??
hehe ...

love_chance87

Post by love_chance87 » Jul 27th, '05, 06:23

im assuming youre talking abt the movie NANA rite?? its coming out in jpn on sept. 3rd ^^ soooo exciting>< Shin and Nobu are sooo cute!! and both Nana's are fit for the character!! but i just dont like one thing....Ren >< i imagined him more younger looking and skinnier but oh wells

seira

Post by seira » Jul 28th, '05, 02:08

NOONooNOO!! some of the character doesn't fit my image at all!!!!

nakashima miki is supprisingl fitted to NaNa, and aoi-chan looks so cute.

BUT...

SHINNNN!!!! who the hell is that! he doesn't seem to have any of shin's cuteness, wildness, and coolness! shin is my all time favorite character in the manga, so if they don't portray him well, i'm ganna get so angry!

also REN looks sort weird too.....not as much as shin but he looks bit too ghastly to be the comical ren.

i don't know why, but i cannot see narimiya hiroki as nobu....his image from kagen no tsuki keeps bugging me and i can't see nobu in him!

the main two girl looks amazing, but the rest worries me. UGH....i love NaNa just too much. they better make it good.

love_chance87

Post by love_chance87 » Jul 28th, '05, 08:20

you guys should watch the preview here http://www.nana-movie.com/trailers/trailer1m.html aww aoi-chan is soo cute!! especially the part when she says "ima aitai!" awww cuteness ^^ ahhh i juts dont approve ren....even his voice!! and reira now that i thikn of it looks older than my image...^^;

seira

Post by seira » Jul 29th, '05, 18:37

i watched every trailer out in that site and it looks great on the trailor, so i am looking forward to the movie. i've heard from the people who did extra for the movie that the person who plays reira is really great and she is really fitted for the character visually and vocally.

does anyone think shinn is fundamentally miscasted? like there is NOTHING shinn about the person who is playing them. i have not seen the movie yet (DUH) so i'm speaking visually about his face and rest. shinn is suppose to be half looking and really beautiful... :( i read in some articile that director told the shinn actor to play a "different" shinn than the manga. NOooooo! they can't change shinn! he's the geatest character in it!

love_chance87

Post by love_chance87 » Jul 30th, '05, 07:44

really? i think shin looks fine but maybe thats just me lol i dunno eveyrone has their own way of looking at the characters so we all mite have different opinions ^^ i luv shin and nobu :P you kno what i noticed tho? isnt nobu suppose to have spikey hair?? i think narimiya-kun should have spiken his hair it doesnt look good flat...^^;

raspberihevn

Post by raspberihevn » Aug 19th, '05, 06:43

Aletta

Post by Aletta » Aug 30th, '05, 15:52

Hallo!! I'm new in this forum but I see it more time ago!
I'm Italy but I love shoujo-manga and so drama (Devil besaid you, Mars and Meteor garden).

I'm very happy for Nana's film.
Can we found the nana's torrent, here?

3, september is near!!!

Thank

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 1st, '05, 02:31

^ I wouldn't bet on that. d-addicts only allow drama torrents, not movie. but NANA is a popular movie, i bet it'll be all over the place when it comes out.

raspberihevn

Post by raspberihevn » Sep 3rd, '05, 23:03

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 4th, '05, 22:22

Thank you for sharing. :)
Wonder how well it does at the box office. I like the casts for the movie, cus of MIKA, but I have never read the manga the before. Shoujo isn't my thing.

Maybe it's me, but Ryuhei Matsuda is a bit too femny for the role of Ren. Since I didn't read the manga, just judging by the looks of him.. he is somewhat pretty enough.

raspberihevn

Post by raspberihevn » Sep 5th, '05, 06:05

I'm loving the dissonance!!

http://www.nana-nana.net/images/blood.rar]dissonance

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 5th, '05, 23:44

I have the MAKING of the movie & the two PVs of NANA on my clubbox. If you're interesting, check it out. :)

raspberihevn

Post by raspberihevn » Sep 6th, '05, 03:29

SWEET!
This site updates!

http://www.nana-nana.net/

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 6th, '05, 23:23

Wow. They're predicting that NANA will make over 100 billion yen! Is NANA that popular? Well, good luck to it.
I feel like I'm talking to myself, even if there's a reply.

darkflame21

Post by darkflame21 » Sep 7th, '05, 04:57

It was all over TV shows. On music station Hyde (from L'arc en Ceil) even played the song Nakashima Mika sings (he did write the music for it). There were a few other shows on around when it came out talking about the movie. However unlike mosta the ppl here they seem to focus so much on the guys in the movie that seemed almsot not worth mentioning to Japanese girls. THe female characters are more important, and how Nakashima Mika and the other girl seem to fit there rools as Nana and Hachi perfectly. :) Most seem to want to discuss which character they are the resemble more than anything else.
The prolly could have cast any guy for the main roles and Japanese girls would have liked it jsut as much. Wondering if anyone else in Japan thinks the same as me. ;p

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Sep 7th, '05, 23:50

NANA is suddenly extremely popular, the manga is okie, but I think the popularity has got a lot to do with Mika Nakashima. She is getting pretty well known now, esp. at Soompi forums, LOL XD. I think the female cast fit the images of the characters in the manga quite well, and the trailer looks pretty cool.

Btw, thanks, wachi for the Making of and the PVs, I had been looking for them ^_^

evosantin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by evosantin » Sep 8th, '05, 01:18

mikomi wrote:NANA is suddenly extremely popular, the manga is okie, but I think the popularity has got a lot to do with Mika Nakashima.
Yeah, I agree with you. Just watched it a few days ago. In my opinion, NANA is.... entertaining, quite good. But if you're a fan of the manga, I suggest you shouldn't expect too much.

(personal opinion but might spoil a bit)
The story was good, don't get me wrong! the music was nice as well. It's just that, the conflict is too shallow for me... so quick! Mika performed well, considering it's her first movie. So as the other actors (Ren included :P ). But the other character just couldn't developed. I mean, Shin only has about 10 lines there? :crazy:
(end)

In summary, it's worth watching, entertaining!
P.S.: Anybody has the video of REIRA starring Ito Yuna ? I love that song.... :wub:

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 8th, '05, 01:32

http://www.nana-nana.net/ <-- This site has the PV of Endless Story. Personally, I love this song more than Mika - Glamorous Sky. I just love the melody & REIRA's smoothing voice.

You've seen the movie? Wah, lucky. I can't wait to see it myself. Oh, and this isn't MIKA first movie. She was also in this other movie called, Guuzen nimo saiaku na shounen aka Worst by Chance. just saw it over solid07 a few hours ago.

evosantin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by evosantin » Sep 8th, '05, 05:18

Wow thanks a lot wachi, or anyone who told you bout the site! I'm seeing the PV now, yappari this one's my fave!
This isn't Mika's first movie? oho, sorry for my lack of knowledge then! :P

aishuu

Post by aishuu » Sep 8th, '05, 05:43

I love ENDLESS STORY more than GLAMOROUS SKY too! Although.. both are very awesome.

I read the manga in Korean and it's a pretty good storyline..It's especially interesting if you're interested in Japanese street fashion and vivienne westwood and jrock. haha...it's just the manga for me! I really want to watch the movie though because i want to see narimiya~~

chiisana_tantei

Post by chiisana_tantei » Sep 8th, '05, 06:27

evosantin wrote: P.S.: Anybody has the video of REIRA starring Ito Yuna ? I love that song.... :wub:
I have the PV, but I'm not sure if it is appropriate to post here.
Of course, if there is request and moderator says ok, I'll post it here.

evosantin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by evosantin » Sep 8th, '05, 07:45

chiisana_tantei wrote:I have the PV, but I'm not sure if it is appropriate to post here.
Of course, if there is request and moderator says ok, I'll post it here.
Thanks chiisana_tantei, but I could DL it from the site that wachi pointed above, it can be downloaded directly from http. I guessed since it's not drama related so it'll be a no, isn't it? :cry: of course it'll be better if it's ok-ed お気遣い、ありがとう! :lol

Antioch

Post by Antioch » Sep 8th, '05, 07:57

I watched it yesterday afternoon/evening. The showing was sold out. Needless to say it was a pretty good movie. I went into the theatre not having read any of the manga, but came out really enjoying it. Anyways, I don't want to spoil it for the poeple in the US waiting to see it - but it was a good 2 hours.

-Antioch

PS - Anyone who has seen it, what is the name of the first song that Trapnest plays at the concert? The rock-ish song, not endless story.

And to fill in why some people might have been a bit upset - my girlfriend has read the manga and she said that 2 hours wasn't enough to really get into the story too deeply, but she still thought it was a good movie regardless.

evosantin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by evosantin » Sep 8th, '05, 10:15

Antioch wrote:PS - Anyone who has seen it, what is the name of the first song that Trapnest plays at the concert? The rock-ish song, not endless story.

And to fill in why some people might have been a bit upset - my girlfriend has read the manga and she said that 2 hours wasn't enough to really get into the story too deeply, but she still thought it was a good movie regardless.
It's "Journey", if that's what you mean... I think you can find it here http://www.nana-nana.net/

And I agree with you girlfriend, 2 hours definitely wasn't enough!

Antioch

Post by Antioch » Sep 8th, '05, 12:10

Ah, is it Journey? I have it, but I didn't recognize it ;)

And yeah, not having enough time is a common problem with manga to movie conversions. But you know, if you look at previous patterns of manga/book/movie (sekai no chuushin de ai wo sakebu, densha otoko, water boys, etc) we might be seeing a Nana drama some time soon! Haha, you never know.

Hero

Nana

Post by Hero » Sep 16th, '05, 12:40

has anyone seen a movie called "NANA"
My friend from Japan tells me its really popular in Japan at the moment and that I should check it out.
So whos seen it?

Mardoc

Post by Mardoc » Sep 16th, '05, 12:57

I'm crazy desperate to see this movie! Nana the manga is so awesome. The characters are ultra cool, and they've all got "issues", but they try really hard to be cheerful for each other. The characters are so vivid and individualistic, your heart really breaks for them. I don't even feel like I'm reading a manga. Nana is it's own medium.

I haven't been able to find a cam version of the movie....::tries to go on living::

ryoko293

Post by ryoko293 » Sep 16th, '05, 17:32

hey girls, I think there is already a thread about that topic!
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19561 :P

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Sep 16th, '05, 18:13

yea..please search for the thread first.

Agent007

Post by Agent007 » Sep 19th, '05, 06:00

I just got back from Japan yesterday. 'Nana' was showing in the theater across from my hotel, but I didn't have the chance to go see it! :(

I don't know anything about the manga (other than someone told me it's for girls), but I've been a fan of Nakashima Mika for awhile. I picked up a bunch of her singles at some 中古CD shops over there, and I bought the Nana CD at a shop in Narita. Haven't listened to it yet... I'm willing to give it a try, but I love her jazzy/pop songs... and I hate Hyde... But I'll keep an open mind because I like her so much.
But yeah, I caught an interview w/ her on the news while I was there, and I saw a bunch of commercials for the movie. I want to get it on DVD whenever that happens.

fantasy

Post by fantasy » Sep 19th, '05, 07:37

I haven't read Nana's manga yet! So I 'm happy to looking forward for the movie!!! Anyway Nana is Shojou manga! and Im a boy (^^)

Celestial_Maiden

Post by Celestial_Maiden » Sep 19th, '05, 16:16

I'm a huge fan of the manga (generally I love Yazawa Ai). I had no clue there was a movie. Thanks for all the info everyone :-)

makiono

Post by makiono » Sep 19th, '05, 21:20

^great avatar! I have a question though if anyone can answer, is the movie playing in theatres the same as the DVD that's being sold?

evosantin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by evosantin » Sep 19th, '05, 23:30

makiono wrote:^great avatar! I have a question though if anyone can answer, is the movie playing in theatres the same as the DVD that's being sold?
The DVD that I know, FM 707 (1.980yen here) only contains the making, interview and stuffs. I don`t know whether the movie is available in DVD or not. Isn`t it a little too fast?
Last edited by evosantin on Sep 19th, '05, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 19th, '05, 23:34

^ You kinda just answer your own question there. The DVD for the movie isn't out yet. Doesn't the title with the word MAKING on it tips anyone off?

Does anyone know how well NANA did? They're trying to break Crying out Love record standing at around 8 billion yen.

evosantin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by evosantin » Sep 20th, '05, 00:56

The last news I heard is that they already broke Sekaichuu's record, correct me if I'm wrong. The theme songs were at no.1 and 2 on the chart :O . However, newer movies such as Tacchi, Shinobi and the up and coming Haru no Yuki are starting to reduce people's attention on Nana... I guess :glare:

makiono

Post by makiono » Sep 20th, '05, 06:18

thanks everyone. I thought it was really fast, but I wasn't sure. I hope they break the record. :thumright:

mikoto

Post by mikoto » Sep 21st, '05, 21:08

I've seen the movie while I was in Japan and it was great. Everything was perfect (besides the ending...). I really liked Mika Nakashima and Aoi Miyazaki in their roles as Nana and Hachi.

I can't wait for the sequel to come out!! XD

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 24th, '05, 01:09

Sequel? Already? Bah, I haven't even seen the first yet. DVD will be out on the 29th I think.

Hmm.. I'm actually looking forward to Haru no Yuki & Shinobi as well. But what's Tacchi? Googled it, but nothing came up.

chiisana_tantei

Post by chiisana_tantei » Sep 24th, '05, 01:47

wachi wrote: Hmm.. I'm actually looking forward to Haru no Yuki & Shinobi as well. But what's Tacchi? Googled it, but nothing came up.
Tacchi = Touch.
Based on Manga by Adachi Mitsuru (same creator of H2). Looking forward to see
the movie.. :-)

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 24th, '05, 16:45

Another one based on manga. Interesting. Shoujo? Who are going to be in it?
Err.. sorry, off-topic. >_<

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Sep 25th, '05, 01:47

:offtopic:

I believe Touch is based on a shonen manga of Adachi. The mangaka is famous for manga like H2 (which was adapted into a TV series last year), Nine, Touch, Sky High (all sport manga).

Here is the poster for the movie: Touch poster
The main actress in this drama is the one who played Aki in the Sekai Chuushin movie. I read this manga long long time ago and from what I still remember of the story, there're twins who both fall in love with their neighbor. This is pretty much a love triangle movie with some elements of sport added.

Here's the website if you're interested: http://touch.yahoo.co.jp

hegora

Post by hegora » Sep 25th, '05, 03:11

is NANA movie DVD really coming out in sept. 29????

cant wait to see it!!!! i want it soooooo badly!!! O_O

*** running off to read manga serie again... lol

chiisana_tantei

Post by chiisana_tantei » Sep 25th, '05, 03:18

mikomi wrote::offtopic:

I believe Touch is based on a shonen manga of Adachi. The mangaka is famous for manga like H2 (which was adapted into a TV series last year), Nine, Touch, Sky High (all sport manga).
Does it feel that long ago? :D H2 TV series was on air beginning of this year...

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 25th, '05, 03:43

It seems long. I thought it aired like a few years ago. I dunno why.

Thanks mikomi for the info.

hegora - I read the info wrong.. XD I dunno when the DVD is going to be release. Might take a long time, since the movie is doing so well.

hegora

Post by hegora » Oct 5th, '05, 22:05

thanks wachi ^^ ahh~~~ cant wait cant wait lol >_<

Hero

Post by Hero » Oct 7th, '05, 18:12

huh whats this about it being released on DVD on the 29th?
I havent noticed any pre-orders available yet and no torrents either...

Aireedhelien

Post by Aireedhelien » Oct 7th, '05, 23:49

wachi wrote: hegora - I read the info wrong.. XD I dunno when the DVD is going to be release. Might take a long time, since the movie is doing so well.
as you see movie wasn't released yet.

asschan

NANA movie

Post by asschan » Oct 13th, '05, 01:46

I've been looking for the NANA movie EVERYWHERE on the internet. ;-;
I cannot find it anywhere! I've found some phony files that are titled "nana" but are different movies... but I haven't found the actual movie...

I can't connect to WinMX eithe due to the recent issues with it, but I really want to watch this movie ;-; does anybody know where and if it is being seeded?

thanks in advance.

fearspooky

Post by fearspooky » Oct 13th, '05, 01:52

i was looking for it myself... :/

in case you didnt know what the issues were with winmx, the winmx people took down the servers and are moving to another place because RIAA(i think) went after them.

Trondog

Post by Trondog » Oct 13th, '05, 03:38

It more than likely will not be out online for a while. Seeing as it is still just in theatres.

Japanese people seem to have a lot more morals than us in the US and do not bring cameras into the theatre to record the movie or steal DVD screeners. So it may be a few months til you see it online. When it is released on DVD you will see a DVD quality release.

Aireedhelien

Post by Aireedhelien » Oct 13th, '05, 03:46

even if there was this cam screen or however it's called i'm waiting for dvd rip. good movies only in good quality hehe

Agent007

Post by Agent007 » Oct 13th, '05, 05:39

I don't mind buying the DVD... When is it likely to come out?

fairx

Post by fairx » Oct 13th, '05, 05:57

Nana going into movies & Parakiss into anime..
Wow..!

I've never read Nana b4, but Parakiss looks cool.

Trondog

Post by Trondog » Oct 13th, '05, 06:03

I'd estimate a DVD release of the movie in early 2006 or late December 2005

choco-late

Post by choco-late » Oct 18th, '05, 02:27

i wonder when the DVD will release???
I've heard so much about Nana, and i really wanted to watch this ! ! ! !

lilmay

Post by lilmay » Oct 18th, '05, 02:44

i read the manga, it was quite interesting......never though it would b a live action movie! Cant wait until someone subs the movie........ :D oh yeah I'm new here, its nice to meet you all!~ lol

wachi

Post by wachi » Oct 18th, '05, 03:39

There's already a thread, a long thread for this movie already. The movie has only been show in theater a few weeks ago, you can't expect a DVD to be out that early. Densha Otoko the movie DVD will be release in December, take a wild guess as to when NANA will be out.

riku_tsuyoi

Post by riku_tsuyoi » Oct 18th, '05, 04:00

I've been looking for it too. XP Lol. I sort of figured that there isn't a copy out or anything, but with all the interviews and such that I have, I just can't wait patiently. ^^;; Oh well, I'll definitely want to watch it in order to even decide whether I would like to purchase it or not. ^__________^;; I can't wait though. It looks amazing, especially on how accurate it seems to be.

jee

Post by jee » Oct 26th, '05, 21:26

not sure if anyone posted this, but i found this BT link for nana movie on CAM, the speed is great if you download now. hopefully someone will post up .srt sub file for it!!

[mod edit: link removed]

Aireedhelien

Post by Aireedhelien » Oct 26th, '05, 22:59

thx so much !!!! i'm dying to watch this