SAVE JTV's CLUBBOX

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
hadokyuu

SAVE JTV's CLUBBOX

Post by hadokyuu » Aug 18th, '05, 05:39

http://clubbox.co.kr/aiba

download from there please before it dies... =[

dont know how to use clubbox?
http://com5.runboard.com/bclubbox.fclubbox.t1

FluentDreamer

Post by FluentDreamer » Aug 18th, '05, 19:38

agreed! It is a great source to d/l doramas from non bitorrent sources.

caitlincoffee
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by caitlincoffee » Aug 18th, '05, 21:03

I need help registering to clubbox. I cant find the overseas button. Please help me

wachi

Post by wachi » Aug 18th, '05, 21:27

^ You don't need an ID/PASS to use JTV's clubbox. But if you still want a clubbox account.
http://www.clubbox.co.kr --> 회원가입 <-- oversea registration. It's right across from the ID/PASS login.

caitlincoffee
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by caitlincoffee » Aug 19th, '05, 04:46

Thank you very much! I've figured it out. :P

enuyasha

Post by enuyasha » Aug 19th, '05, 04:50

I'm kinda shocked to hear that, but on the other hand I can see why they've choosen to close the clubbox.

It's a lot of work uploading all those dramas

I hope they can reach gold before the inspection date.

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Aug 19th, '05, 05:10

Uhm, they're gonna close it? It's a very good clubbox. I downloaded some series from it.

just_candy

Post by just_candy » Aug 19th, '05, 05:26

i was just checking aiba's clubbox a while ago and saw the notice they posted there...this is devastating news!!! i love jtv!!! :-( i hope they won't have to end up shutting their box down. it's so much faster to download off clubbox than bittorrent sometimes and their releases are really something i look forward too...
wanna help them reach gold too but it seems that they've deleted most files off their box. there are very few drama episodes left now... :cry:

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Aug 19th, '05, 19:24

Jem didn't like them putting his files on there? :unsure:

I think there should be a d-addicts CB :D

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Aug 19th, '05, 19:27

Jem actually posted that message on the Clubbox?

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Aug 21st, '05, 23:44

I'm really surprise to hear this news though. I mean, they have lots of good dramas up and I think there're lots of ppl downloading from their box. If Jem's CB could reach gold status, I can't imagine why JTV's can't. But then I understand their decision. It's a lot of hard work maintaining a silver box. I'm trying to download as much as I can now, but recently, clubbox is acting very funny.

trec
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trec » Aug 22nd, '05, 00:04

I've tried downloading... but yeah as mikomi says.. clubbox has been rather stupid... most downloads take a very VERY long time to start, or they dont at all... and its like that for more boxes.. Silver or Gold. But I'll try to help JTV clubbox all i can ^^

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Sep 7th, '05, 16:30

mikomi wrote:I'm really surprise to hear this news though. I mean, they have lots of good dramas up and I think there're lots of ppl downloading from their box. If Jem's CB could reach gold status, I can't imagine why JTV's can't. But then I understand their decision. It's a lot of hard work maintaining a silver box. I'm trying to download as much as I can now, but recently, clubbox is acting very funny.
Because we didn't cut off bittorent and force ppl to download using clubbox. We have always used various ways to distribute JTV files. Unfortunately Clubbox failed for lack of interest when there is still bittorent/irc and it's a waste of time for the person running clubbox folder to keep re-upping the files.
Lowest wrote:Jem didn't like them putting his files on there? :unsure:

I think there should be a d-addicts CB :D
yt_toshi wrote:Jem actually posted that message on the Clubbox?
Why be shocked, JTV isn't welcomed in jem's world.

chiyoaiki

Post by chiyoaiki » Sep 7th, '05, 17:19

Could it be that not many people know about the existence of JTV's clubbox?
How about putting a link to the clubbox on bt page?

If you want to get more people to download more from JTV's clubbox, you could request others not to upload any JTV's releases to other clubboxes (like what Jem does) so that JVT's releases are exclusively to JTV's clubbox. Anyone who what to get the files through clubbox will have to download from JTV's clubbox.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Sep 7th, '05, 19:03

chiyoaiki wrote:Could it be that not many people know about the existence of JTV's clubbox?
How about putting a link to the clubbox on bt page?

If you want to get more people to download more from JTV's clubbox, you could request others not to upload any JTV's releases to other clubboxes (like what Jem does) so that JVT's releases are exclusively to JTV's clubbox. Anyone who what to get the files through clubbox will have to download from JTV's clubbox.
The box is dead at this point. There was a link to it on the main page, i also posted it on the release announcements on the forum. It was on the IRC topic. We weren't trying to control the uploads of JTV files to clubbox or force ppl to use it. It was just another alternative that didn't work. I find it's hard to keep track of ppl when they upload the files especially when they like to rename the files and i am tired of arguing with different ppl who change file names. For example the files on emule, one group uploaded JTV files and change the files to reflect their site and never gave JTV credit for the work but did take time to refer to the files as DVD-rips. I can find better things to do like work on JTV files and help support the staff in anyway i can.

Sana

Post by Sana » Sep 8th, '05, 01:09

Kamui6 wrote:
Why be shocked, JTV isn't welcomed in jem's world.
Actually, I AM shocked. Didn't you guys help him out when his old website went bye-bye?
Last edited by Sana on Sep 9th, '05, 00:00, edited 2 times in total.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Sep 8th, '05, 15:59

Sana wrote:
Kamui6 wrote:
Why be shocked, JTV isn\'t welcomed in jem\'s world.
Actually, I AM shocked. Didn\'t you guys help him out when his old website went bye-bye?
Krysa did, yes. I had no problems with him till a recent event where i found there is no love for JTV and it's staff.

Sana

Post by Sana » Sep 9th, '05, 00:05

Well, you guys are kinda ghey. I kid, I kid... or am I? :P

owl10

Post by owl10 » Sep 10th, '05, 08:45

I think clubbox is great but is that is that the speed is quite slow at time...

waffer

Post by waffer » Sep 11th, '05, 17:44

I feel really sad about this clubbox dying... I downloaded so much drama from it, I feel bad it didn't reach it's goal, I even started Little Chef before they closed it down to try to help them get there. I'm really gonna miss it :cry:

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Sep 11th, '05, 18:01

Kamui6 wrote:Krysa did, yes. I had no problems with him till a recent event where i found there is no love for JTV and it's staff.
Maybe JTV's files ' quality is too good! :mrgreen:

:D

groink

Post by groink » Sep 11th, '05, 23:27

To this day, I still don't know why the drama community helped out jem the way they did, with his web site, tracker and equipment purchase. It seems to me that the "hidden", "unspoken" motive for most people was, "Well, we helped jem. Now jem owes us!" I'm getting that vibe based on the dialog I've seen these past few months - not only on D-A but on other forums and IRC chats.

So if I were all of you, I'd back off from jem and just let him do what he does. And the next time he gets in a bind, let him handle it on his own, just like the rest of us. Remember what I've been saying all along these past couple of years... Fanworks is 100-percent giving, zero-percent payback, and zero-percent ego.

--- groink

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Sep 13th, '05, 16:06

groink wrote:To this day, I still don't know why the drama community helped out jem the way they did, with his web site, tracker and equipment purchase. It seems to me that the "hidden", "unspoken" motive for most people was, "Well, we helped jem. Now jem owes us!" I'm getting that vibe based on the dialog I've seen these past few months - not only on D-A but on other forums and IRC chats.

So if I were all of you, I'd back off from jem and just let him do what he does. And the next time he gets in a bind, let him handle it on his own, just like the rest of us. Remember what I've been saying all along these past couple of years... Fanworks is 100-percent giving, zero-percent payback, and zero-percent ego.

--- groink
:lol What would JTV possible want with JEM. I know you're speaking in general, especially when it comes to leechers. That's not the case here. :roll On that note, i am done with the subject.