[Movie and Anime Discussion] Honey & Clover

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
kfan

[Movie and Anime Discussion] Honey & Clover

Post by kfan » Sep 29th, '05, 22:31

Oh my goodness... I just finished watching this Japanese anime called Honey and Clover. It's not completed yet with another 3 more episodes to go but it is superb. Its storyline is similar to a modern Japanese drama series such as Slow Dance. It is about life, love and friendship. The best part is that it has no fighting, magic or fantasy involved... Really good. Anyone who has watched it, please feel free to talk about it. :D

kfan

Post by kfan » Sep 30th, '05, 04:57

I am wondering if anyone has seen similar animes like Honey and Clover which is a Slice of Life genre anime. I am soo addicted to it because of Honey and Clover so I hope someone can recommend me other anime series to watch. :cry:

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Sep 30th, '05, 14:50

I've not seen it but I do know it's being made as a live action movie staring Sakurai Sho from Arashi.

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Sep 30th, '05, 15:06

I've watched Honey & Clover half way through the series and lost interest in it. I didnt find it interesting, personally I think its quite boring. But different people have different taste :)

I'd recommend you watch Peach Girl or Suzuka.

mainemanx

Post by mainemanx » Sep 30th, '05, 15:16

Where/how do I download/find it? Thanx. MaineManx

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Sep 30th, '05, 15:41

Animesuki.com :)

mainemanx

Post by mainemanx » Sep 30th, '05, 16:52

Domo!

kfan

Post by kfan » Sep 30th, '05, 17:29

Peach girl or Suzuka? I will download and watch. Now I am so hungry for more of such anime because the recent Japanese drama series in spring and summer are sooo disappointing.

Mainemanx, please watch it and tell me how you feel about it! I just want to say it's good as it's more of philosophical of life. :-)

steven1973sg

Post by steven1973sg » Sep 30th, '05, 17:40

I've watched all 3 titles, but I think Honey & Clover is way much better than the other 2. Peach Girl & Suzuka's characterizations are not as good because they're quite 2-dimensional. I've only downloaded 1 episode each and stopped because they're simply not worth watching.

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Sep 30th, '05, 20:02

I just saw the final ep of Honey and Clover (ep24) raw and for some reason, I found it not too entertaining as a ending.There was soooo much stuff left unresolved.Only Takemoto shinned brightly... :lol Peach Gir, I loved very much and it had a great ending and Suzuka currently is getting great by the min.

So far gonna say H&C just went down the drain for me.It couldn't be helped since if i recall correctly, the manga author didn't even finish the manga fully and just ended the manga abruptly leaving it hanging.It would have been great if all the chara had the chance to develop fully, but cannot do anything about it now..sigh

kinki

Post by kinki » Sep 30th, '05, 20:32

i watched 4 ep of Honey and Clover and liked it! but i didnt have the time/chance to download the rest of eps yet.
you want to watch a different anime that is dramatic with no fantasy, magic or fighting. i would recommend Hana Yori Dango, its my favorite anime even though its old.

kfan

Post by kfan » Sep 30th, '05, 22:45

Oh my god... blackstarjr, you saw the final episode of Honey and Clover? Please tell me that Takemoto got the gal. He is my favourite character in the show. I just think he's not only a good friend but has depth.

Thanks, Kinki for the advice. I just started downloading the anime Hana Yori Dango. I hope it's as good as Honey and Clover.

steven1973sg

Post by steven1973sg » Oct 1st, '05, 00:11

Another good one is Beck, about a budding musician/singer. Good storyline and good ending too.

aoi_hana

Post by aoi_hana » Oct 1st, '05, 00:17

I started watching this show but I haven't had the time to watch all the eps. I found it a little boring sometimes, but it is very drama-y ^____^

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Oct 1st, '05, 00:53

steven1973sg wrote:Another good one is Beck, about a budding musician/singer. Good storyline and good ending too.
lol are you serious? most people hate the Beck anime ending, I'd agree though Beck is awesome I started reading the manga (which is still going) and then watched the anime and I have the OST's (which are pretty cool), the thing though with Beck is the anime wasn't all that popular in Japan so there probably won't be a second series. In the manga you see what happens in america (the parts where koyuki is showing photos are actual story lines in the manga).

kfan

Post by kfan » Oct 1st, '05, 01:42

I watched Beck immediately after Honey and Clover. Actually, it doesn't seem as good as Honey and Clover. I got goosepimples everytime I heard the American English being spoken in the anime. But the drawing was good. I think the appeal in Honey and Clover is the typical Japanese style of dealing with life: subtle, passive and brooding...

kfan

Post by kfan » Oct 2nd, '05, 02:12

Scenes from Honey and Clover

azn-angelz-demons

Post by azn-angelz-demons » Oct 9th, '06, 11:11

Honey and Clover 2 out now..well was out b4 <<<
has good storyline but i like season 1 more better

The Honey and Clover 2 story takes off right after Honey and Clover 1 ~~~

fiela

Post by fiela » Oct 10th, '06, 15:18

i luv honey & clover esp morita shinobu, he is so funny & cute
recommended for u all to watch it

zenitse

[Movie Discussion] Hachimitsu to Clover (Live Action)

Post by zenitse » Nov 28th, '06, 17:20

Hi,

I like this anime series, and just today, I found somewhere mentioned hachimitsu to clover (live action, I suppose) movie. There's also an IMDB record ( http://imdb.com/title/tt0810400/ ) but no further info there. Has this movie been already shown in Japan? On the one hand, it could be, since it is supposed to be 2006 (and we have last month to finish 2006) but on the other hand, I have never heard about this so far, and there's not much info at IMDB.

I was not able to find anything on this forum either. Does anybody know any further information? :)

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Nov 28th, '06, 17:42

came out in the movies several months ago, and can now be bought on dvd - http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/c ... 004543231/

I love H&C too, Morita-sempai is MINE!!! xD

zenitse

Post by zenitse » Nov 28th, '06, 17:58

Hm, so it is out, and nobody seems to have ripped it :) Never mind, I will just wait until someone does.

I was just surprised that I hadn't found any discussion here, nor somewhere else.

emrams

Post by emrams » Nov 28th, '06, 18:36

I'm sure it has been. You just won't find it on D-A because they don't upload movies here. Look around at other sites that upload stuff other than dramas and all that, in a movie section or something I am sure you will find it.

I really loved the anime too, and was surprised a few months ago to fins out that there was a live action made. I guess it did alright, but I saw some pictures and thought it had some power ranger qualities to it, like it looked a little cheasy. I don't think that it could have been done any other way. I think I am going to go and look for it as well.

ainangst

Post by ainangst » Nov 29th, '06, 05:35

emrams wrote:I'm sure it has been. You just won't find it on D-A because they don't upload movies here. Look around at other sites that upload stuff other than dramas and all that, in a movie section or something I am sure you will find it.

I really loved the anime too, and was surprised a few months ago to fins out that there was a live action made. I guess it did alright, but I saw some pictures and thought it had some power ranger qualities to it, like it looked a little cheasy. I don't think that it could have been done any other way. I think I am going to go and look for it as well.
power rangers qualities? XD
what do you mean by that? do explain.
personally i find the promotional pictures of the movie quite beautiful. the photobook is lovely.

James_yka

Post by James_yka » Nov 29th, '06, 13:04

Im so attached to it... From Anime... Manga havent started yet,no translation, but sure is interesting as ever...
And so to heard that there is not much ppl are interested in it...

zenitse

Post by zenitse » Nov 29th, '06, 17:34

emrams wrote:I'm sure it has been. You just won't find it on D-A because they don't upload movies here. Look around at other sites that upload stuff other than dramas and all that, in a movie section or something I am sure you will find it..
I know that there are no movies here. But I checked the most known trackers and didn't find anything related to H&C live :)

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 1st, '06, 04:51

Merging threads...

meteoriteflo

Post by meteoriteflo » Dec 6th, '06, 01:53

i'm one of those people that were disappointed in beck's ending.....but anyway, honey & clover rocks. one of the best anime in it's year. the 2nd season came out. but i haven't had time to watch it. it's realllllllllly good.

Moonlight Soldier

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Dec 16th, '06, 06:24

I'm really looking forward to seeing the movie. The DVD comes out in January ^_^

I'm ever so slowly reading through the manga right now, and so far, the anime really seems to follow. [I <3 Morita]

Elusive M

Post by Elusive M » Dec 22nd, '06, 12:37

Hi everyone...

Would any of you know where I can find a rip and subs of the movie? I really want to see it, but with several DVDs coming in December and January and my work temporarily stopped, I can't afford any more DVDs! I want to try it first before I buy it, but I have no clue when it comes to Japanese movie download sites. When I try regular search engines, all I come up with is the anime.

Can anyone help me out?

heppy

Post by heppy » Dec 24th, '06, 09:01

oh my!! i love this series! quite surprised to see a thread of it here.. hahas

want to watch the movie as well.. but think have to wait? hmmm

shinobu shinobu shinobu!~

Moonlight Soldier

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Jan 23rd, '07, 05:28

Kyah~~~!!! There's a RAW torrent out. Anyone have any subs?

wallflower

Post by wallflower » Jan 23rd, '07, 05:35

omigoshhh. i loved the series! i thought it was amazing, but imo, the ending really sucked. well, i cried at the ending, but i just wish it was different!
i really am anticipating to see how the live-action will turn out. i think sho sakurai might make a good lead. [: the girl who plays hagu also has a strange resemblance of my best friend. XD

MugenHAN

Post by MugenHAN » Jan 23rd, '07, 05:39

I just got the movie last week and watched it over the weekend. It was great! However, the special edition DVD wasn't really worth the money, since they didn't include much bonus content. The soundtrack was top notch, as expected from Kanno-sensei. Believe it or not, I only watched 3 episodes of the first anime season, and haven't even read the manga, but it hooked me enough to buy the movie and the OST. I'd upload a torrent, but my upload speed is crap. ;_;