[UPLOAD INTENT] Komyo ga Tsuji - Eng hardsubbed

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
groink

[UPLOAD INTENT] Komyo ga Tsuji - Eng hardsubbed

Post by groink » Jan 11th, '06, 02:50

Well, no better time to start than now.

Unless there's a majority of objections, I'd like publicly announce my intent on posting the complete series on D-Addicts. Here's the tentative details:

1. Capture will be much like Amrayu's - 512x384. The source will be analog TV. If you've seen my other capture, you'll notice that they're very clean. Like Amrayu said in previous times, 512x384 is prefectly fine for analog TV captures.

2. Subtitles will be in English, and hardsubbed. I'm assuming that the subs will come from TV Japan (the yellow one), just like Yoshitsune back in 2005.

3. I'll try to rip the episodes into 350MB files. Episode 49 may be an exception seeing it is longer than the other episodes.

4. Uploads should start March 15. Hawaii is about five weeks behind California.

5. Video codec used will be XviD.

6. I will seed one episode at a time. I will try my best to start seeding within seven days after recording.

7. I'll allow copying of the subtitles by only ONE fansub group, to be used for the high-definition RAW version.

8. For each ten episodes uploaded, I'll kill the ten torrents and create a 10-ep batch.

Two major advantages in having me capture and post on D-Addicts.

1. KIKU-TV airs each episode TWICE. So if I screw up or KIKU-TV screws up on the first airing, I have a backup five days later. I also record each episode to two different devices (PC and DVR.), so even if the PC were to fail, the DVR will have it.

2. The KIKU-TV airing includes the travels section.

--- groink
Last edited by groink on Mar 13th, '06, 20:12, edited 2 times in total.

lovelylil819

Post by lovelylil819 » Jan 11th, '06, 06:07

That's an awesome plan! I've been downloading a lot of TV rip version and the quality is okay. Thanks for the hard work.

BTW, I can't seem to find the drama at DramaWiki...can you post a summary of the drama? Thanks in advance!

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Jan 11th, '06, 06:10

lovelylil819 wrote:BTW, I can't seem to find the drama at DramaWiki...can you post a summary of the drama? Thanks in advance!
You didn't look hard enough --> Koumjou ga Tsuji

npc21

Post by npc21 » Jan 11th, '06, 06:15

are you going to upload to abmj also?

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Jan 11th, '06, 06:23

Go for it groink since I'm sure a lot of people will get this file either for Yukie Nakama or for all the Taiga lovers out there that don't want to watch it RAW. :-)

canon05

Post by canon05 » Jan 11th, '06, 06:31

Thanks a lot. I'd love to see the series too.

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Jan 11th, '06, 07:17

will be looking forward to it... thx groink... :D

groink

Post by groink » Jan 11th, '06, 07:34

npc21 wrote:are you going to upload to abmj also?
I'm going to hold on that... I'm going to see if ap will continue with the HDTV version, like he did with Yoshitsune. California will be watching starting February, so he may actually start uploading to abmj weeks before I do.

laure_choc

Post by laure_choc » Jan 11th, '06, 10:01

thanks for this groinkl

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Jan 11th, '06, 10:53

Thanks groink, I'm looking forward to it... :-)
Excuse my ignorance but what is abmj?

massaru
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by massaru » Jan 11th, '06, 13:57

gryzze wrote:Thanks groink, I'm looking forward to it... :-)
Excuse my ignorance but what is abmj?
abmj = alt.binaries.multimedia.japanese is a newsgroup where you can find j-dramas and sometimes j-movies and j-tv content. For ex. many of the series ap posts here are also posted at abmj. For more info check thissticky: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7408

Other than a.b.m.j, I mainly use newsgroups for u.s. tv series and anime, but you can get j-music stuff too at alt.binaries.sounds.jpop, I pay a 15 $ month fee for a commercial usenetserver and it`s totally worth it, due to the high speed and ease-of-use.

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Jan 11th, '06, 14:19

Thanks, massaru. I suspected it was newsgroup related but I still couldn't work out the acronym... :doh: :-)

AJBryant

Post by AJBryant » Jan 13th, '06, 06:37

Thanks a hyaku man!

Tony

ketsue

Post by ketsue » Jan 15th, '06, 17:19

Thank you very much.
Looking forward to it.

groink

Post by groink » Feb 3rd, '06, 00:31

Bumping this topic for those of you who haven't read through it. If you're one of those people who are not capable of playing those high-resolution RAWs, the English-hardsubbed release is what you're looking for. Personally, I wouldn't even bother with the RAWs because up to now I've never seen anyone create soft subs for the taiga dramas. So hold off on the RAWs for now, watch some of the other winter season dramas, and wait for the hardsubbed release.

--- groink

Nanashi No Gonbey

Post by Nanashi No Gonbey » Feb 3rd, '06, 00:42

groink, thanks for the heads up and the hard work that you will be doing.

groink

Post by groink » Feb 5th, '06, 05:55

Yoshitsune ep46 will be airing in Hawaii this coming Tuesday. So that means about four more weeks until my first upload of Koumyou ga Tsuji.

--- groink

groink

Post by groink » Feb 9th, '06, 10:18

Finally received a set date/time from KIKU-TV... They'll be airing the series starting March 7, with an encore on March 13. So you should see episode 1 posted between March 14 and 17.

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Feb 9th, '06, 11:22

Thanks for the update groink, I'm really looking forward to this... :-)

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Feb 14th, '06, 14:02

After seeing the early episodes of Koumyou ga tsuji, I definitely recommend this series.

If for no other reason than that Tachi Hiroshi's depiction of Oda Nobunaga is the best one in recent memory.

Toyotomi Hideyoshi is very good as well, but I'm still partial to Takenaka Naoto's version.

As for the main leads, I want to give it a few more episodes to make up my mind, although I can definitely say that Nakama Yukie does shine in the comical scenes. (I guess it's the gap between the serious scenes and the comic scenes that I'm still having trouble with.)

groink

Post by groink » Feb 20th, '06, 20:20

Bumping this topic for those who haven't caught it.

groink

Post by groink » Mar 7th, '06, 20:58

Episode 1 will be airing tonight (Tuesday). If the Tuesday capture is a success, expect a post by the following Tuesday. That's how I'll work for all episodes.

In the future, if there is a screw-up with the Tuesday broadcast, I'll let you all know. Sunday is the encore presentation of the episode (KIKU-TV airs each episode twice), so posting might be delayed by a few days.

--- groink

groink

Post by groink » Mar 8th, '06, 13:21

I'm writing this right now at 3:00am. I can't fall asleep because the following is REALLY bugging the crap out of me...

In summary: Tonight's recording of Komyo ga Tsuji is REALLY BAD! The video isn't that bad... But the audio is just totally awful!!!! There's crackling throughout the episode. It's just not good enough to post on D-Addicts. See my next move at the end of this post.

Here's the long story: Since late January, I've been having audio problems when watching KIKU-TV. The problem exists on ALL of my TV sets (five of them, all throughout the house). They broadcast through two stations on the cable system - one which is analog and the other which is digital (not high-def digital). The crackling audio can be heard on both channels. Other than those two channels, I have no audio problems on any of the other 400-plus channels on the cable system.

This is what I've done so far:

1. I wrote an e-mail to the general manager of KIKU-TV to see "What's up with the audio?"

2. A few days later, the general manager wrote back to me saying it could be because of the rainstorms we've been having these past few days. Basically, I bought that explanation.

3. A few days after receiving the letter, and with great weather, the crackling still exists. I write back to KIKU-TV. No response.

4. I write on the KIKU-TV messageboard asking people if they have any audio problems in their homes. No response. Well, the messageboard is basically dead, so I'm not surprised.

5. I asked one of my friends, who lives about 15 miles away from my home, to see if he hears the crackling on his TV. He said he does hear it and it is "unacceptable". HOWEVER, he doesn't watch KIKU-TV, so no big deal to him.

6. To isolate the problem, I pulled out the "rabbit ears" and hooked them up to my main TV. Tuned to KIKU-TV. NO AUDIO NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!! So it could be just a cable system problem.

7. Called the cable company. The service rep tried listening to her TV and she doesn't hear the noise. But in any case, she sends down a service technician.

8. Two service techs arrive. I showed them my TVs - all of which produce the noise. They both acknowledge hearing the noise. So they tell me they're going to drive around the "distribution area" and see if they find the problem elsewhere, and then call me within the next two days with their findings.

9. One week went by. Never heard from them. Tonight, I record Komyo ga Tsuji. The crackling is still there!

10. I call the cable company. The service rep says they closed the trouble ticket because the service techs could not find any problems in the distribution area. And besides, no one else has called in to complain about the noise problem.

11. With one last desperate attempt to prove it isn't a problem in my home, I actually bring my portable TV outside the house, pull the cable coming in from the street and connect it to the TV. BINGO! The noise is there!!!!!! So basically the source of the noise is not in my home.

12. Called back the cable company. The service tech offered to send a service tech, although the earliest would be 3/16 (eight days from now.) I told her it is totally useless for them to come seeing they've already been here. So the foreman should be calling me within the next day or so to help me with my problem.

MY NEXT MOVE? In the meantime, I'm quite sure my audio problem with KIKU-TV isn't going to be solved anytime soon. The pessimist in me says I'll have the same problem with Sunday's broadcast, and the problem will continue to exist for weeks to come until I can convince SOMEONE out there at the cable company that there is a problem and that it needs fixing.

I tried copying the audio from the RAW and mux it with the captured video, but the timing is just too awful (a difference of 5 seconds between the RAW and the analog capture.) So what I'm going end up doing for now is actually transcribe the subtitles off the KIKU-TV capture and make a hardsub rip using the RAW. This may take me awhile to do because I never thought I'd be doing any transcribing and timing in this project.

So please be patient, and hopefully my problems will be solved soon. I hope to have episode 1 out by March 14.

--- groink

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Mar 8th, '06, 13:35

Groink,
Just for all the troubles you are going through for us to capture this, I am going to have to watch this series. :D

Thank you.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 8th, '06, 14:52

Hooooly schmoly, groink... :blink:
Thanks for putting so much effort into it!
I'm sure there will be many ppl out there who will thank you for it... They may be silent, but I'm sure they're thankful...

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 8th, '06, 15:11

Wow that's just wrong. Sometimes cable companies just suck.

Thank you groink for going through all the trouble!

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Mar 8th, '06, 15:21

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles groink...

However, I know something that might help a little with the transcribing.

A while back I was thinking about transcribing this myself, but I don't think I have the time now. At that time I checked with tianj if there was any timings available for the RAWs posted here, and there was. You should be able to save a lot of time if you use them.

If you need any help transcribing later on, let me know and I'll see if I can find some time for it. Maybe I could help with an episode now and then.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 9th, '06, 05:09

groink: oceanic's got a monopoly out there, so it's tough. what they say about the rain is partially correct. when water gets into the conduits underground, it can cause problems (and since it's UG, it doesn't dry up quickly, especially with hawaii's humidity).

there's gotta be other people that watch kikutv on other parts of the island other than PC. have you asked one of your friends elsewhere? also, if you have someone you trust, you could setup the equip at his/her house and capture the RAWs there?

ps. five tv's in the house?!!? only one set of eyes, bruddah!

groink

Post by groink » Mar 13th, '06, 20:15

Well, some bad news and some good news...

Bad news... My cable company is still delivering that damn crackling audio sound.

Good news... I purchased an amplified antenna, and was able to successfully capture a clean episode 1.

I'm ripping right now. Expect an upload of episode 1 either Tuesday or Wednesday.

--- groink

Toshiba

Post by Toshiba » Mar 14th, '06, 08:35

Hello.

Does this begin of subbed Episodes mean that there will be no more RAW releases?

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Mar 14th, '06, 08:53

Toshiba wrote:Hello.

Does this begin of subbed Episodes mean that there will be no more RAW releases?
I don't believe that this is the end of the RAW releases for this drama at all.

The video that groink is providing includes English subtitles and many people want this version so that they can follow the drama easily.

Toshiba

Post by Toshiba » Mar 14th, '06, 09:31

Thanks for the quick answer.

I hope the RAW releases continues by chiisana_tantei. :)