*** Official J-Varirty Upload Request ***

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.

Wanna See More J- Variety??

Yes!!!
88%
No!!!
13%

Total votes: 24

nikoru

*** Official J-Varirty Upload Request ***

Post by nikoru » Jan 20th, '06, 18:46

Dearest Uploaders of Japanese TV programs,

I am well aware that this site is called D-Addicts and therefore a site specifically for Drama Downloaders but I would still like to make an official request to download some J-Variety shows.

My prayers will probably not be answered but I wanted to atleast try.

To me Japanese Variety shows are the most entertaining and amusing in the world. (This is my opinion after having lived in the UK, Mexico, Brazil, Dubai, Spain, Greece and Japan). Its a shame it doesn't catch on over here in Europe (exception:Takeshi's Castle). I just flew back to England from Japan and arrived last night and already missing TV. I had been in Japan for 2 months.... and the withdrawals are killing me.

I am aware that some (less favourable) shows such as Black Variety are available on other trackers such as Lucia and Saiyaman.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank those who upload London Hearts Kakuzuke, Zenikin, Nep League and occasionally Mecha Ike. You will go to heaven for sure.

The particular shows I would like to request are as follows:-

1. Lincoln (Rinkaan) (Down Town hosts with 40 other comedians)

2. Cream Stew no Nantoka

3. Down Town DX

4. Ame-Talk (Ameagari Kesshitai)

5. Mecha Ike & Guru Nai

6. Uchi P Produce (Uchimura w/ Samaazu, Degawa, Fukawa, Shinagawashoji etc)

7. Tensei Shingo. ( Kyaiin and Katori Shingo -A must for SMAP fans..)

There is another show I would like to request but I believe it it only aired in the Kansai area. I can't remember what its called but its Sanma hosting with regular panel of Kazama Kampei, George and it airs on channel 4 (Kansai TBS) on Monday night around 11pmish.

Any other random shows with Cream Stew, 99, Football Hour, Down Town and Razer Ramon HG then please................

I will love you forever and ever if you could download any of what I requested...........

Or if there is anything I can do in exchange for the uploads.... just ask! haha

Anyway thankyou very much, keep up the good work!

Nikoru yori
Last edited by nikoru on Jan 22nd, '06, 11:47, edited 2 times in total.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Jan 21st, '06, 00:06

Please don't put polls here on the Seeding and Upload Request forum. This is why we have the Japanese Entertainment forum in the first place :P

nikoru

Post by nikoru » Jan 22nd, '06, 01:53

Charming.

I tried to delete it in the edit but couldn't. Sorry.

Looks like we have to live with a poll in the seeds and requests forum until a moderator edits it. Oh No. How terrible.

(I'm British)

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jan 22nd, '06, 05:22

eh... i think i'll move the thread instead...
maybe ppl can start talking about variety shows that don't involve music... :unsure:

btw, nikoru, if you're going to make an upload request please follow the guidelines:
Sticky: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE! (**NO MOVIES**)

thanks
:)

nikoru

Post by nikoru » Jan 22nd, '06, 11:37

Thank you mizune.

I think more potential uploaders are likely to see this request in this forum now. You star.

I hope someone pics up Lincoln. (Pronounced Rinkaan). Its too hilarious to miss out on. (PLEASE!)

I guess the main issues for lack of Variety torrents are:

1. 90% of the comedians are fugly unlike the actors in Dramas. ( Although personally I fancy some fugly comedians coz they make me laugh so hard).

2. Trying to translate an erratic show is harder than trying to translate a smooth running drama.

3. Gaijin just don't get Japanese Humour. (Feel free to prove me wrong -I'd like to see support from everyone showing their love for J-Variety! lol )

Many of my Japanese friends who live abroad say they miss Japanese TV so I've been busy advertising this site but they havn't really got in to it because they miss variety rather than drama. Grrr.

What are everyone's thoughts on Variety Shows? Am I the only Variety Addict here?

massaru
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by massaru » Jan 22nd, '06, 13:06

Although j-dramas are on the top of my list, I also enjoy j-variety shows but I watch them wwhen I have an interest in the guest. The exception would be 99, I can watch whatever show their on and won`t get bored.

Shows with only comedians don`t attract me that much, downloaded the Uchimura Produce SP earlier this year and the latest Lincoln but those are definitely not my type of show.

Gotta admit though that j-variety shows are addictive too. :lol

Favorite shows: Mecha Ike, Utaban, SmapXSmap, Shoujiki Shindoi, Domoto Kyoudai, Pussuma, London Hearts, amongst others.

Most of these shows are posted at jpopsuki but not on a regular basis.

For shows like Lincoln and Downtown DX I suggest you try using programs like Winny or share, that way you won`t depend on anyone.

I, personally, use share instead of Winny (but Winny has a much larger database and a lot more users). "Lincoln" is pretty popular file which means easy and fast downloads.

Well, it`s just a suggestion in case your suffering from j-variety withdrawal. Just finished downloading the latest "Toranomon" (shiritori game) and the latest "Mecha Ike", couldn`t be easier. 8)

nikoru

Post by nikoru » Jan 22nd, '06, 13:50

Thank you Massaru for the information. I appreciate it very much!!

May I trouble you further and ask for the links?

Where you say share is that the same as Shareaza? (I use emule) Also when you search the shows do you type 'baraetei' in katakana? Its just that I can't conduct a search in Japanese as I am using an English laptop. (Know what I mean?) Could you copy and past the full title of the Lincoln file so I know what I'm looking for.

Are you in Japan? If so could you type the titles in japanese for me here so I could copy and paste for my search.... Arigatou in advance.

Thank you very much.

massaru
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by massaru » Jan 22nd, '06, 14:46

For some reason, the reply won`t accept Japanese text (funny because on the torrent comments there`s no problem). So, I`ll attach my cluster list above. The info on Lincoln is on the trigger.txt attached.

First, when I say "share", I`m talking about the japanese P2P program , similar to Winny (not so popular yet, since Winny is older).

* Don`t even bother if you can`t spare at least 40 - 50 kb/s of upload speed and if you can`t leave the program running continuosly for a good few hours.

Here`s an english guide (there are links for the Winny version too, in case you wanna try): http://www.uguu.org/share/

A link to the program (also provided on the guide above): http://www.stereoz.net/p2p/modules/mydo ... d=2&lid=15

The guide may sound hard to understand at first, but I suggest you read it carefully, it`s all there.

Hints:

- If your using XP, you must alter your regional settings to japanese ( you might have problems with the time / clock if you don`t)

- as said in the guide, replace the locale.txt, that way your GUI will be in english

- create 3 folders: 1 for downlaod / 1 for upload / 1 for cache

- for the node list ( nodes.txt ) you can use mine (attached below)

This is what I can remember for now. When more doubts appear just ask and I`ll try to help you out :-)

And, I`m not in Japan, actually I couldn`t be more far away since I`m in Brazil now (will be moving to Japan again until the end of this year hopefully).

As for Lincoln, the info on the latest episode from 2006.01.17 , you can use this hash info ( 3ffca12bd663c18f7f04a1be31e8db8bdf39daf8 ) will work only on share, if you use Winny it`ll have a completely different hash.

Also, share works based on clusters ( words that will connect you to a determined group of peers ). You can only use 5 words max. Of course, when I wanna search for music or other stuff, I just change my clusters, there are several others you can use.

Well, I know it`s a lot of info to digest but it`s all woth it !

Hope this helps you a bit ! :-)

P.S. I use share because I got used to it but as far as I can tell Winny is faster ( meaning files will appear first here) and you can get a lot more search results. I can`t help you much with Winny since I haven`t been using it for sometime now.
Attachments
nodes.txt
(43.5 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
clusterlist.txt
(566 Bytes) Downloaded 382 times
trigger.txt
(210 Bytes) Downloaded 353 times

nikoru

Post by nikoru » Jan 22nd, '06, 16:05

Muita obrigada pela informacao Massaru-san! (Vc e nikkei brasileiro do Sao Paulo??) Vc fala bem o ingles, muito intillegente ne?

Vou tentar com o download como vc falou.

Honto ni honto ni maji kansha. Korede yatto baraetei mireru yo!

Thanks. Can I PM you when I get stuck????

massaru
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by massaru » Jan 22nd, '06, 16:26

Nao tem de que, nikoru :-) Vc quase acertou, pois moro em Porto Alegre e nao SP.

No worries, if you need any help just PM.

P.S. Ohhh and one more thing, you`ll need to have some files in your upload folder (csnt say how many files it`s the ideal since I don`t even know that myself but at first you can use the doramas you get here at d-addicts, with their original japanese names instead of the romanized ones).

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 22nd, '06, 22:00

massaru wrote:First, when I say "share", I`m talking about the japanese P2P program , similar to Winny (not so popular yet, since Winny is older).

* Don`t even bother if you can`t spare at least 40 - 50 kb/s of upload speed and if you can`t leave the program running continuosly for a good few hours.
Is there a linux version of the share program?

massaru
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by massaru » Jan 23rd, '06, 01:38

auroragb wrote:
massaru wrote:First, when I say "share", I`m talking about the japanese P2P program , similar to Winny (not so popular yet, since Winny is older).

Is there a linux version of the share program?
As far as I know there are only windows versions ( a TCP one called A82 and a UDP version). If there`s a linux version I`m not aware of it.