Which one is better??? Arashi or KAT-TUN???

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
aznchic209

Post by aznchic209 » Apr 17th, '06, 07:37

I was just curious...which group is better? Arashi or KAT-TUN? It seems to me that KAT-TUN is more popular but with Matsumoto Jun in Arashi, they've been becoming more and more popular now too...which group sings better? Has the cuter members? Which group is better overall? I don't know much about either group but so far, these are the only two popular groups that I'm aware of.

PoiPoi

Post by PoiPoi » Apr 17th, '06, 09:35

i'd say KT.... [cuz i'm a super biased KT-fangirl] xDD

The reason why i like Arashi is only because of MatsuJun...
but if you want my opinion...
Sings better: All i can say is that Akanishi Jin of KT is one of the best singers in JE.
Cuter members: Kame and Jin are in KT -> 2 of the hottest guys in asia ^.^
Better overall: Arashi isn't exactly my type of band when it comes to music and looks (though Sakura Sake is a great song)... but they are super funny at TV shows XDDD. KT...do I even need to say more >.<;; they are just simply my favs right now

Hanjae
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Hanjae » Apr 17th, '06, 10:02

Actually, if you just look at Johnny's Entertainment groups, I'd say NEWS and KAT-TUN are the two very popular bands right now :3

KAT-TUN is definitely more popular with the girls (they're younger and more geared towards teenage girls as eye-candy), but out of Arashi and KAT-TUN, I must say I like Arashi better XD Those 5 boys are just so close that they're like a little family, and it's so cute watching them interact <3 You should see their concert MC sections, they could go on for ages about what type of bag they each carry and make it funny.

A large part of Arashi's popularity is thanks to Matsujun's acting successes. Which group sings better... difficult to say. There are some very good individuals in both bands - Akanishi Jin in KAT-TUN, and Ohno Satoshi in Arashi. Sakurai Sho of Arashi is really well-known for his rapping, and Koki seems to have followed Sho in his footsteps with rapping and with style.

Which group is cuter and better overall depends on your taste XD I look to NEWS for eye-candy, so I have no opinion.

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Apr 18th, '06, 05:10

The answer to this is extremely simple...

It depends on your own taste...

Fwunkii Panda

Post by Fwunkii Panda » Apr 20th, '06, 06:21

I go with ARASHI!! : :thumleft: :thumright:

saffy

Post by saffy » Apr 20th, '06, 12:06

I've been trying to resist replying in this topic for several reasons, one of which being that my reply is probably going to piss some people off in some way or another. But oh well here goes... you can come and whack me later if you really want to >_<;;

I honestly think this topic is a little... er silly? It's like asking who's better... Britney or Christina? Blair or Bush? There really isn't an answer, just depends on personal preference. So I somehow see this topic becoming one where KAT-TUN fans and ARASHI fans defend their own ichibans.

Each group is created to have their own appeal. I don't know if you realised but all the debuted Johnny's groups, all have their own characteristics and following imho anyway. Funny how you are only comparing to Arashi, why not V6, Tackey & Tsubasa, KinkiKids, SMAP... Shounentai??

Also different groups will have their own activities going on at any one time. Compared to KAT-TUN at the moment, Arashi have more stage shows and movies coming out recently, whereas KAT-TUN members can be seen a little more in jdoramas.

Arashi have their weekly tv shows and individual radio programs, KAT-TUN has Shounen Club... chotto... they are still hosting deshou?

And as usual Saffy kind starts rambling and deviates from the point she was trying to really say which is probably... what really is the point of this topic?

*readies self for onslaught*

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Apr 20th, '06, 12:45

hmmn... KT KT KT!!!
i think kt is more popular right now. well, based on the sales of real face album, single, and dvd. and also the kaizokuban dvd. if i remember correctly, they broke arashi's sales record by a mile. hehe. not bashing arashi fans, coz i love nino too.
but anyway, kame has, is, and always will be my world. that's it. ooh.. and i think they sing better too, all of them can actually carry a tune, and i've seen a lot of perfs where they do acapella. really good blending. but i think arashi's ok too.

saffy, it's ok. i agree with you. hehe. just had to answer. couldn't resist. haha

pinkuonigiri

Post by pinkuonigiri » Apr 21st, '06, 03:02

(feels a little weird talking about this since the whole je empire creeps me out to a degree, still cant help but like some of the groups though <<;; )

I don’t know if one is better then the other but i like arashi better as a group and kat-tun more for there music.

arashi seems to be one of the je groups that get along the best, and there just fun to watch together (lately I’ve been watching a lot of g/d/a/ni/insert letter here/ no arashi )
Though there’s only a small number of songs i like from them.

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Apr 22nd, '06, 08:28

i'm with crazy penquin and saffy on this one. you are NOT going to get an unbiased opinion on this...

listen to both groups songs, watch both groups tv shows. make your own opinion. plenty of their stuff is readily available.

jpopsuki, jdorama, irc channels, yesasia, cdjapan, etc....plenty of places to find stuff from both bands.

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Apr 24th, '06, 07:09

With what little I know of each one, I like KAT-TUN better because there hasn't been very many awesome songs by Arashi.

Although my favourite JActor is MatsuJun, I think KAT-TUN has better songs and vocals.

[Edit: I might as well make myself clear. I meant I haven't heard very many ARASHI songs that I've really liked...]
Last edited by <3s-tei. on Apr 24th, '06, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Apr 24th, '06, 07:12

ARASHI OFCOURSE!!!
reasons : Ohno,Sho and Matsujun XD!!

silzii

Post by silzii » Apr 24th, '06, 08:07

Hmm...I'm not too sure. Thats kinda like asking me whos hotter? MatsuJun or Akame (Jin and Kame) because those three guys are my fav. :unsure:

They're both equal to me because they are both talented! All Johnny's groups are! but if I had to pick JUST one! I'd maybe choose.................Arashi. I've also seen more of the members doing their own thing and that they are so kawaii when they're together.

Music wise, Kat-tun is stronger. Jin :wub: and Kame have amazing voices. I would choose Kat-tun but that might be because of only Jin and Kame.

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Apr 24th, '06, 20:05

How could somebody come up with the idea of comparing Kat-tun with Arashi? Those 2 groups are so different like black and white. Kat-tun is flagging for looks and sexyness while Arashi is more friendly, energetic, hilarious fun and "guy next door" image.
The fanbase are different too. Kat-tun apeals mostly to girls in 10s (10-20years) while Arashi have a wider fanbase age-speaking 10 - obasan.
And better what? Looking? Singing? Acting? MC? Maybe you should change your question to "Which group do you like best?" or "Which group do you prefer?"

Littleangel91356

Post by Littleangel91356 » Apr 26th, '06, 03:38

Well, how can we say which is better? It's like asking for which country is better *I asked this but each country has it's own pros and cons*

KAT-TUN and Arashi as most people say, are a TOTALLY different genre. It's like Rock with a new style *KAT-TUN* compared to a cheerful mix with rock and hip pop*Arashi*
and it really depends on your music preferences. I tend to like two so I listen to both of them and I don't compare because arashi has their own style as KAT-TUN does... I actually like Arashi's style of music but KAT-TUN has a interesting style also so I like listening to them also...it's better to be open on different music styles.

And Arashi and KAT-TUN...their promotion video when they debuted, ARASHI PV and Real Face PV is like 360 degrees. ARASHI 'PV is the energetic, cute, kinda like the cheering on type...well it was a volleyball theme song. As well for KAT-TUN, they mostly showed the erotic sides of the members *Hip shaking, sexy stares* and more a "Mature theme" and that's totally different and more dark. Arashi is mainly the energetic, jumpy types, even on their TV shows and KAT-TUN on the other hand, tries to pull on the sexy image..and the bad boy type...many people perfer bad boys now a days and as people say, "Sex sells"?

Maybe I said too much but I love them equally and hey shouldn't be compared and there's other groups other than these 2 so people should be open to them too. And groups shouldn't be liked cause other people like it, you have to like it yourself and accept it yourself....maybe I answered a stupid question but at least I stated my ideas.

luith

Post by luith » Apr 26th, '06, 04:03

Try both. I like both, haha.

bAkaBaKasHiiGurL

Post by bAkaBaKasHiiGurL » Apr 26th, '06, 04:12

what u mean by this? singing? look? performance or wat?

ok firstly i am a fan for both group... i like arashi from few year back and kat-tun only recently...
each of the own group have their own appeal i guess and own style... this 2 group are completely different... furthermore arashi have been form way before kat-tun...
from what i think arashi song is more hyper, cheerful kind and hip-hop, while kat-tun is a mixture of rock and ballad...

as to the question... i cant really ans... but i like both group

azn-angelz-demons

Post by azn-angelz-demons » Sep 26th, '06, 11:10

KAT-TUN is better for the songs, performances etc...a variety of vocals in the songs
and KAT-TUN is the hott group
and ARASHI all sing together i think [haven't heard all songs]
ARASHI is the fun group =D

teehee i like KAT-TUN but yea :lol
Go Jin~! Go Kame~! Go Akame~!
Last edited by azn-angelz-demons on Oct 14th, '06, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Sep 26th, '06, 16:09

i'm definetely a HUGE KT fangirl
i luv thier songs and performances
i luv arashi too, but i guess you'd have to define better
b/c arashi act more like a group, they have alot more unity and have so much fun together
Kt is getting there...=D

himekohimura
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by himekohimura » Sep 26th, '06, 19:26

I like both, but I'm bais to sempais, so to me, Arashi is better, even though I have a distinct distaste for MatsuJun. KAT-TUN are still babies ^-^ But they are growing~

manon

Post by manon » Sep 27th, '06, 06:18

Whoooas why in every forum there is this topic???
its almost impossible to compare arashi to kat-tun they are on different levels
a more appropriate is news vs kat-tun id think

however

KAT-TUN ALL THE WAY BABY

I AM A HUGE FAN LOL DO NOT TRY TO ARGUE WITH THIS GIRL HAHAHA

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Sep 27th, '06, 07:04

oh yea manon??

ARASHI ALL THE WAY BABY

lol..

manon

Post by manon » Sep 28th, '06, 03:29

o yeah hamsta?

jinxueda gif just won it for KT

LOL we're gonna battle this one out

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Sep 29th, '06, 07:56

too bad i cant get a gif of the one in "bounce that a** where ohno and jun get nice and hot HAAAA

i win!

malibu400

Post by malibu400 » Sep 30th, '06, 06:50

they BOTH sound good
AND they BOTH gots really hot guys.. :thumright:

manon

Post by manon » Sep 30th, '06, 06:53

hamstaball wrote:too bad i cant get a gif of the one in "bounce that a** where ohno and jun get nice and hot HAAAA

i win!
what u mean u win if u can't get it lolz!
lose!!

hamstaball

Post by hamstaball » Sep 30th, '06, 07:19

manon wrote:
hamstaball wrote:too bad i cant get a gif of the one in "bounce that a** where ohno and jun get nice and hot HAAAA

i win!
what u mean u win if u can't get it lolz!
lose!!
oops sorry, no gif for you
but hells yea
they're in my room.

kirarin

Post by kirarin » Oct 3rd, '06, 13:12

KAT-TUN

afterglowmegami

Post by afterglowmegami » Oct 5th, '06, 06:25

I have heard both boybands. but I really prefer ARASHI more.

Why?

The first ever song I've heard by KAT-TUN is when they performed 'Feel Your Breeze' by V6 at Music Station. And it wasn't really good. :-(

On the other hand, I listened to 'Sakura Sake' by ARASHI and I found it really good that's why I became an ARASHI fan since then. :lol

Also I find ARASHI cuter than KAT-TUN, because I think that KAT-TUN members look more mature. {peace to KAT-TUN fans}.

in short, ARASHI pwned me.

isbes83

Post by isbes83 » Oct 5th, '06, 06:32

i would say arashi because ther's bambi(kisarazu cat's eye) and aiba and ohno

azn_chick

Post by azn_chick » Dec 23rd, '06, 21:13

I'm a huge KAT-TUN fangirl so I would most definitely have to go with KAT-TUN.
Come on... who can resist Akame.??? I love Jin's vocals. It sounds so perfect harmonizing Kame's voice. :wub:
To tell u the truth, I haven't really heard much of ARASHI's songs. But I think that even If i did, I would still pick KAT-TUN.

thislove

Post by thislove » Dec 23rd, '06, 21:20

I would definitely pick Arashi because I really love Jun=D

thtlam

Post by thtlam » Dec 23rd, '06, 21:39

I like Arashi too :D

Chibimitsuki

Post by Chibimitsuki » Dec 23rd, '06, 21:44

Arashi hands down... I love Sho and Nino! ^^

MuchLove123

Post by MuchLove123 » Jan 2nd, '07, 23:27

Omg this is the type of question that pisses me off. Stop comparing freaking bands its like comparing two absolutely different things its the stupidest crap in the world. Kattun has worked hard to get where they are and I know arashi definetly has too. STOP TRYING TO CAUSE ARGUMENTS ABOUT WHICH BAND IS BETTER . If u want to find out by yourself which is better for you listen to them and you have ur own tastes in boys so u should know which you prefer. Stop asking ppl to answer for you wat u have to answer for urself. If u like Kattun fine is u like arashi or not fine too. JUST STOP WITH THE WHOLE KATTUN VS. ARASHI.

himeyume

Post by himeyume » Jan 2nd, '07, 23:36

ARASHI IS SO MUCH BETTER .... coz Jun Matsumoto and Ohno is there!

himeyume

Post by himeyume » Jan 2nd, '07, 23:43

is just asking us which one it u don't have to do that

irwinc

Post by irwinc » Jan 5th, '07, 20:13

saffy wrote: I honestly think this topic is a little... er silly? It's like asking who's better... Britney or Christina? Blair or Bush? There really isn't an answer, just depends on personal preference. So I somehow see this topic becoming one where KAT-TUN fans and ARASHI fans defend their own ichibans.

I like Tony Blair better cos he's a hottie!!! :P

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Jan 8th, '07, 09:00

irwinc wrote:
saffy wrote: I honestly think this topic is a little... er silly? It's like asking who's better... Britney or Christina? Blair or Bush? There really isn't an answer, just depends on personal preference. So I somehow see this topic becoming one where KAT-TUN fans and ARASHI fans defend their own ichibans.

I like Tony Blair better cos he's a hottie!!! :P
ROFL! Good call!

piru666

Post by piru666 » Jan 8th, '07, 09:44

That`s a very difficult question, but I think both are good. *gg*
Especially Jun-kun from Arashi :wub: :wub:

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Jan 21st, '07, 07:32

i wouLd be stupid if i chose KAT-TUN ove ARASHI!!!

and in my own opinion kat-tun is nt even worth comparing... sorry for those kat-tun fans...

ic3chic

Post by ic3chic » Jan 21st, '07, 07:41

i pick arashi.

japysia

Post by japysia » Jan 21st, '07, 08:06

Sorry but I pick SMAP hahaha.......... :alcoholic:

ojamashimashita! :salut:

anushkajan

ARASHI YAY!!!!

Post by anushkajan » Jan 21st, '07, 08:09

You know I'd have to say and not because of MatsuJun but I really like ARASHI. I mean I love Matsumoto Jun but that's not the main reason but that's how I heard of ARASHI and I started listening to their songs and I was like "wow I like them" there are a lot of songs I like, like the opening to hana yori dango "wish" and the new one can't remember what it's called :cry: and I really like the song "kotoba yorimo taisetsu na mono" from Stand Up and a lot of other ARASHI song's. I like Kazuya Kamenashi :wub: and other members from KAT-TUN but I honestly can say, I don't really like any of their songs and I have heard a couple. But it really is based on your taste. :salut: :cheers:

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Jan 21st, '07, 08:31

i also like kame because i Like his voice and the way he dances [check out "kizuna" and "seishun amigo"]^_^

i also Like "kotoba yori..." and "wish " and "kitto daijoubu" and lotsa arashi songs!!

hey japysia!!! sorry gurL but your pick is not one of the choices.. LOL

cebusnacker

Post by cebusnacker » Jan 21st, '07, 09:14

Arashi and KAT-TUN are totally in a different categories of pop music I think. You can't really compare the two. I personally just can't choose hehe lol

in Arashi they all have different voice ranges so they blend and appeal to a lot of people like me :) I love Matsu-Jun's high voice xD. Arashi has that classic rock vibe I think The only music vid I've seen by Arashi is Wish and Sakura Sake. Which are awesome. Wish is too kawaii for life. and Sakura sake is funny love the part where satoshi slaps the person hahah made me laigh so hard xD. but like in their vids they don't dance so I am really happy abou that It makes them different from the other bands in JE.

And in KAT-TUN what can I say bakanishi has a beautiful voice its just so.. i don't know..just really an impressive vocal<3333And the rapping in there band is pretty great. LoL dancing wise KAT-TUN as well.

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 21st, '07, 11:00

I prefer KAT-TUN more than Arashi..

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Jan 21st, '07, 23:40

I like both lol

I luvv a lot of Arashi's songs :P :P and I luv a lot of Kat-tun's songs :P :P so kinda hard to decide

I also luv Kat-tun cuz of the members haha :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Jan 22nd, '07, 00:02

Arashi is the only Boyband that i can like in the entire world.
I'm not the tipe boyband girl. Ever.
My sister liked arashi and i was :crazy: to her...
But then.. this boys are so funny and crazy .. they get me at the Tv shows..
I just love almost die of laught...
Then i started to like they songs.. mostly because there was hipohop.. and melodic voice together .. i just love when misc everything...
More you get to know arashi.. more you like them.
Because they style are simply. I like this.
They are funny.. but they aren't just a funny group.
They are sexy but not just sexy..
Ohno satoshi voice is one of the most beautiful man's voice.
arashi is better for me.
I really think that Arashi and Kattun have NOTHING in common.
So .. is your own and personal view...
I don't like Kattun... probably because they are everything that i most hate in Boybands...
But then i'm not saying that arashi is better for you...
Arashi is better for me and make me smile everyday.

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Jan 24th, '07, 06:45

Definitely ARASHI =D

Although KAT-TUN is targetting at teens and ARASHI for the middle-aged.. but who cares =D Jun is awesome~ *CHU*

sam-me

Post by sam-me » Jan 28th, '07, 20:05

ARASHI ARAHSHI ARASHI ARASHI ARASHI ARASHI ARASHI IS MY FAVORITE ALLL THE WAY!!!!

I'm such a huge arashi fan!! For sure their the ones I like the most.Although I kinda don't agree with how matsujun is mostly why they are popular. I think that matsujun gets everyones attention and he's everyone's favorite at first, but then once everyone gets to know the other members, then the favorite changes. Well for some fans anyways. At first my favorite member was matsujun cuz of Hana Yori Dango, but then it changed to Ninomiya Kazunari!!
I think the best singer of the group is Oh-chan!! He has such a good voice and he's sooo cute!! The better looking one is Matsujun! He's just soo sexy!! I think Sho is really cute too!! :wub:

melica37

Post by melica37 » Jan 28th, '07, 20:11

Although KAT-TUN is targetting at teens and ARASHI for the middle-aged.. but who cares =D Jun is awesome~ *CHU*
I would hate to hear your definition of middle aged...25 perhaps. Lol...

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Jan 28th, '07, 20:36

ARASHI!! for sure!!! :D is my favorite one ^^
love MatsuJun!! :wub: