[Movie Discussion] Densha Otoko / Train man

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
leo008

[Movie Discussion] Densha Otoko / Train man

Post by leo008 » Apr 20th, '06, 00:23

Sorry if this is a repeat but i couldn't find any other threads from searching. Has anyone seen this movie? I just watched it earlier and think its hillarious. It somewhat reminds me of some of the forums here in the life and relationship section.

For those who are interested, i'm sure it won't be hard to find a review via google or something.

Its pretty much about a 22 year old Otaku who meets the girl of his dreams on the train and asks for advice from his online buddies. Check it out and let me know what you think.

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Apr 20th, '06, 00:29

Maybe you should check this thread out first:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52975
I guess everyone refers to what your looking for a "Densha Otoko". You should check out the show too. Pretty funny...

leo008

Post by leo008 » Apr 20th, '06, 00:51

albertoavena wrote:Maybe you should check this thread out first:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52975
I guess everyone refers to what your looking for a "Densha Otoko". You should check out the show too. Pretty funny...
Whoops, my bad. Didn't know there was another thread. Moderators, please delete this thread.

tinlunlau

Post by tinlunlau » Apr 22nd, '06, 10:09

but that thread is abotu the tv drama.
this thread here is about the movie version.

anyway, back to topic, i think the movie sucks. the drama version is way better.

leo008

Post by leo008 » Apr 22nd, '06, 10:44

I really liked the movie myself. Haven't seen the series yet though so might check that out.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 22nd, '06, 16:55

In this case, the drama discussion thread is actually a pretty good place to discuss the movie. Most ppl saw the drama before the movie so there are a lot of comments and compatrisons regarding the movie in that thread as well...

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Apr 26th, '06, 03:16

well the movie is just crap
skip it and watch the series
talking about different level ...

expo1970

Post by expo1970 » Apr 26th, '06, 03:29

i saw the movie first and i loved it much much better. the drama was unbelievable and ridiculous. it's just low level entertainment.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Apr 26th, '06, 04:14

expo1970 wrote:i saw the movie first and i loved it much much better. the drama was unbelievable and ridiculous. it's just low level entertainment.

haha i guess they both has something that makes us value 1 more than the other

luith

Post by luith » Apr 26th, '06, 04:16

pwner4once wrote:
expo1970 wrote:i saw the movie first and i loved it much much better. the drama was unbelievable and ridiculous. it's just low level entertainment.
haha i guess they both has something that makes us value 1 more than the other
So what do most people think? I have seen the movie and liked it, but haven't watched the drama yet. I've hesitated, because I thought a storyline like that would be dragged out when it is over 3 hours.

skachild

Post by skachild » Apr 26th, '06, 23:39

tinlunlau wrote:anyway, back to topic, i think the movie sucks. the drama version is way better.
pwner4once wrote:well the movie is just crap
skip it and watch the series
talking about different level ...
agrre with ur there... i watch the movie yesterday.. and i really dissapointed with the movie.. :-( :-(
the drama series are more better then the movie.. really agree with pwner4once, we are definitely talking about different level here.. :glare: :glare:

leo008

Post by leo008 » Apr 27th, '06, 00:30

Looking forward to the series then, cos i really enjoyed the film. Guess i was one of the lucky ones to have watched the film first and then have the chance to watch the series.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Apr 27th, '06, 23:14

leo008 wrote:Looking forward to the series then, cos i really enjoyed the film. Guess i was one of the lucky ones to have watched the film first and then have the chance to watch the series.
eer... by the way you sounded... or what not. the series is out already. so download it :D