Daddy the newscaster (Papa ha nyuusu kyasutaa)

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
Shilyeon

Daddy the newscaster (Papa ha nyuusu kyasutaa)

Post by Shilyeon » May 29th, '06, 00:28

Does anyone know of this drama? It stars Tamura Masakzu from the Furuhata Ninzaburou series. I really want to see it but it appears to be available nowhere. It shows up on WinMX but it never transfers. :( I'd love to here some opinions on it from anyone who's seen it, it looks very interesting.

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » May 29th, '06, 02:00

I've also been after this drama for quite some time... I just watched him in "Le Bel Homme" the other day and I rediscovered how much I love him!!

Even if someone has the Chinese VCDs, I'd be really grateful to see the series.

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » May 29th, '06, 09:19

There is a Region 2 DVD boxed set on CD Japan here. It's $204 which I unfortunately can't afford right now. :\ However, if no one else can post a VCD or raw rip of this series, maybe a few people can pitch in and we can buy the boxed DVD set. It has Japanese subtitles, so I would be willing to see how difficult the drama is, and see if I can sub it. First I'd need to watch the drama to judge the difficulty.

That's only if there isn't already a subbed version floating out there, or a cheaper VCD version.

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » May 30th, '06, 00:43

I know it looks like I'm triple-posting, but it's just because no one else is posting! :P I didn't want to edit my previous posts since this is some new information.

I should be receiving a raw copy of Papa wa Newscaster in the next couple weeks, and it looks like this copy has Japanese subtitles. I will watch the drama to make sure it is not too difficult for me to sub (but I don't think I would have any problems, especially since it has subs), and if all goes well I'm going to make it my next project after I'm done with Iguana no Musume.

I'd like to start concentrating on just older / rare drama from now on for future projects.

Shilyeon

Post by Shilyeon » May 30th, '06, 02:09

If you're getting raws that'd be great! I'd be interested in them if you're going to distribute them as is, before actually subbing to english.

I really appreciate you getting this! I don't know if you paid money for it or what but I feel obligated to thank you somehow now but don't know how.. :P

Look forward to hearing more :D

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » May 30th, '06, 03:12

If I end up subbing it, I'll make soft subs and release the raws as I finish the subtitles, as I've done with all my other projects.

If I end up not subbing it for some reason, I'll probably release the raws in a batch torrent.

However, I'm fairly confident I'll be able to sub it.