awrittensin's Jdrama Summer Extravaganza!

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Jun 13th, '06, 10:59

Hi everyone! Since I'm taking a bit of a break from fansubbing for a few weeks, I've also decided to wait to release my future project, Papa wa Newscaster, until it's completely subtitled, so I can release it in one batch file. That means it won't be released until probably the beginning of fall, so I wanted to share with the d-addicts community in another way!

I know, you have no idea what that is.

Well, I've recently acquired a ton of VCD sets from my mother-in-law, plus some English-subbed drama in trades that aren't available on d-addicts. I'm batching them up and will release a new one every week or so this summer! Please join me in spreading new drama to the d-addicts community by helping me seed these batch files as long as possible!

Barring any technical problems that occur in the ripping process (some VCDs are problematic), these are the drama I intend to upload:

JUNE

Hanayome wa 16-sai (16y/o Bride):
Synopsis & Drama Info: [ Wiki ] [ jdorama.com ]
[ Torrent ]

Source: VCD rip
Subtitles: Chinese only

Over Time
Synopsis & Drama Info: [ Wiki ][ jdorama.com ]
[ Torrent ]
Source: TV rip
Subtitles: English, NGN subbed

Hatsu taiken (First Experience / First Time)
[ Torrent ]

JULY

Souri to yobanaide (Farewell, Mr. Premier)
[ Torrent ]
Source: TV rip
Subtitles: English, NGN subbed

AUGUST

Hitorigurashi (Living Single)

As I myself watch these drama, I'm going to clean up their respective Wiki.d-addicts entries, so check back on this thread often for updates!

8/25/06: Note: As I have continuing health problems, I've had to cut back on the releases - hopefully when I get better I can release the others that I have cut from this. I'm sorry!
Last edited by awrittensin on Aug 25th, '06, 17:23, edited 4 times in total.

Watchman

Post by Watchman » Jun 13th, '06, 16:52

Thanks for bringing Over Time. One of my alltime favorites. The story is so well written.

David

Gozen

Post by Gozen » Jun 13th, '06, 17:04

I just wanted to say a big thankyou, but I can't stop drooling long enough to get the words out......

martina_SMO

Post by martina_SMO » Jun 13th, '06, 17:27

Over time *___* Thank you so much, awrittensin!! I really wanted to see it :wub: I couldn't found it on Yesasia, and the only version I found on BT was so bad I couldn't even make out the faces of the characters XD

Again, thank you :thumright:

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Jun 13th, '06, 19:36

Hatsu taiken (First Experience / First Time) --- YAY!!! :dance:

(keeping fingers crossed you're able to batch & upload it before I lose my internet connection or I get a connection back quick enough to take part in early d/ling & seeding)

Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your treasures with us!

Skykim

Post by Skykim » Jun 13th, '06, 20:03

Wow, this is just awesome. I was hoping to see "Over Time" one day, and now that day is really really close- thanks to you. Tamura Masakazu is a fantastic actor, so I'm really excited about "Souri to yobanai de" as well. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 14th, '06, 03:19

awrittensin: you're pretty amazing. thanks for offering this. makes me wish i could understand more nihongo or read chinese! :lol

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Jun 14th, '06, 03:29

awrittensin, you're having one heck of a summer releasing all these dramas and thanks for picking a lot of good ones to share with everyone. :-) :D

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Jun 14th, '06, 04:58

I updated the wiki entry for Aoi tori Syndrome in case anyone wants to check it out!

(check the first post for the link!)

kernasun

Post by kernasun » Jun 15th, '06, 02:59

Wow! More treasures for D-Addicts. Thanks.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jun 15th, '06, 04:39

awrittensin = coolest person ever.

thank you!

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Jun 16th, '06, 23:57

HI everyone! A little bit of an update...

I updated the d-addicts wiki article for "Hitori gurashi" (see the link at the first post). It's a very odd drama - I've never seen anything quite like it. It wasn't good but it wasn't bad, either. It was... an experience. :blink If you read the synopsis I wrote you can probably figure out why.

Also, for Aoi tori syndrome - I ripped every disc to my hard drive, but 87% of the way through the final disc, it said it ran into a bad sector, and it took forever to finish. When I watched the last episode, the final 5 minutes are greatly garbled. So I hope I can try to re-rip it and get an error-free final episode - if only it would have been like, the first 5 minutes then it wouldn't have been such a big deal! But if I can't get the final 5 minutes fixed, I can replace this series on the list with something else. I have a few more VCD sets that haven't been uploaded on d-addicts yet.

Just wanted to let everyone know the news!

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Jun 17th, '06, 06:08

holy crap! I can't wait! You released good stuff from the past and i'm looking forward to them.

Thanks so much!

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Jun 18th, '06, 22:17

The health on Hanayome wa 16-sai looks great, so I am going to let others seed it now.

Right now I am working on converting the Over Time episodes so they can fit on one DVD - right now it's a little over 8 gigs which is a bit too much for the quality of the episodes, since it's a TV rip.

I'll upload the Over Time batch either tomorrow evening or on Tuesday.

I've also updated the wiki entries for Farewell, Mr. Premier and Beauty 7. Now the only ones that are not complete out of my 'summer extravaganza' dramas are Peach na kankei and Kamisan nanka kowakunai. When I get around to watching those for myself, I'll fill them in. I also haven't watched Farewell, Mr. Premier past the first episode, so if some episode titles sound weird it's because I don't have any context for them yet. :P I will fix them if need be when I watch the series myself.

Hope everyone is enjoying Hanayome wa 16sai!

alcozar

Post by alcozar » Jun 18th, '06, 22:39

Nice of you to share some new dramas (with english subs).
Only need Kindaichi Seasons 1 and 2 (english subbed) to complete life atm but doesnt seem possible to download them here atm.
Enough private ranting, thanks for new dramas, looking forward to Glass Mask Special when released also.

alcozar

Post by alcozar » Jun 18th, '06, 22:50

Hope one of the subbig teams decides to takle Hanayome wa 16-sai aka 16 year old Bride!...sounds good from the wiki guide.

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Jun 20th, '06, 22:19

Just uploaded Over Time! I'm going to restart my computer and then begin seeding!

SnWa

Post by SnWa » Jun 22nd, '06, 01:08

Wow! I just noticed you've already release two series in your Summer Extravaganza!

awrittensin, your generousity is overwhelming!

Thanks so much!

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Jun 27th, '06, 04:07

Well everyone, Over Time's health is looking great, so I am moving on to the next drama on the list, "Hatsu taiken"! I'm in the process of converting the .dat files to .mpgs so as soon as I'm finished with that (probably by next evening or Wednesday morning) I'll upload the batch!

I hope everyone is enjoying the summertime drama extravaganza so far!

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Jun 28th, '06, 13:48

Just added hatsu taiken. Please be sure to read my notes in the torrent comments.

June is finished now!

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Jun 28th, '06, 23:24

thx so much for over time, i marathoned through it (the downside of batch torrents... :P )
and loved every minute... :thumright:

DataSpy

Post by DataSpy » Jun 29th, '06, 05:36

I just wanted stop in and say thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you!!!!!

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Jul 6th, '06, 00:25

I just got back from an out-of-town trip, and am in the process of converting Farewell, Mr. Premier to a smaller file size that will be easier to manage with torrents. I'm also trying to finish up some other torrents I have running, so I won't post the first July drama until next Monday. I hope everyone enjoyed the ones I posted for June!

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Jul 12th, '06, 20:48

Sorry for the small delay, but I've uploaded the batch torrent for Souri to yobanaide! It's hard-subbed by NGN so I hope you guys will enjoy it. I've also acquired some English-subbed drama in a trade that hasn't been uploaded to d-addicts before so I'm considering pulling some of the Chinese only subbed drama I'd proposed for later and replacing them with English subbed drama, just so more people can enjoy it. I'll let you guys know.

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Jul 24th, '06, 21:54

Just wanted to let you all know the reason I haven't uploaded anymore drama since I finished Souri is because I've been ill for the past week or so - and I will also be out of town starting tomorrow and will return on August 7th. I'm going to push all the releases to the right, but I'll still get them all up - sorry about the delays, but I think it will be worth the wait!

:-)

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jul 25th, '06, 04:55

I'm sorry to hear that you were ill.

Hope that all is better now :thumleft:

SnWa

Post by SnWa » Jul 27th, '06, 02:29

Just wanted to say hope you're well now. :-)
No worries about the releases. I've only just finished watching Souri. :D

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Aug 16th, '06, 20:02

Get well soon.