Tokyo Friends the Movie (Otsuka Ai)

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
snowbird

Tokyo Friends the Movie (Otsuka Ai)

Post by snowbird » Sep 2nd, '06, 04:00

i liked the 5 episode drama "Tokyo Friends" with Otsuka Ai a lot.
i heard the movie to complete the drama is currently in cinemas in japan.

does anbody know something about it? did anyone see it?
http://tokyofriends-themovie.jp/
my japanese is pretty bad so i unfortunately i don't understand much.
you can watch a trailer there too.

she has a new single out by the way (yumekui), i like it.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 2nd, '06, 11:51

despite mizune's great efforts at subbing this series for us, i still haven't found the time to watch this great drama. glad to hear the movie's coming out, though.

douglas2k6

Post by douglas2k6 » Sep 3rd, '06, 07:12

I have the series, just haven't watched it yet!

There is a movie coming out based on the series, I even watched the series yet, what is wrong with me!?

Thanks for the info snowbird!

choco_panda

Post by choco_panda » Sep 3rd, '06, 15:16

I watched the series already. Looking forward to the movie, but I dont think it will be much different? since they have the same cast?

whyoh

Post by whyoh » Sep 3rd, '06, 15:22

the movie is the real end to the series so i'm really looking forward to it, nothing was really solved at the end of the series ...

choco_panda

Post by choco_panda » Sep 4th, '06, 15:28

whyoh wrote:the movie is the real end to the series so i'm really looking forward to it, nothing was really solved at the end of the series ...
Oh, so the story in the movie will continue from the series?
:scratch:

kidmigz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kidmigz » Sep 5th, '06, 06:20

Yes, the movie continues from where the drama ended.

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Sep 6th, '06, 03:04

Otsuka Ai is in it? Oh, I'm gonna check itout then...hehe.

Genni_lna

Post by Genni_lna » Dec 25th, '06, 23:14

excuse me... anybody has got the subtitles of the movie?? :S
Thanks!

SummerMemories

Post by SummerMemories » May 25th, '07, 02:53

sorry to resurface an old thread but plainly speaking, did anyone else think the movie ended awful? i dont really feel like the movie accomplished anything and it seems to have taken the drama no where. it was at the same spot in the beginning of the movie when it ended. any thoughts on it?

SmiLeeGirl

Post by SmiLeeGirl » May 25th, '07, 06:38

SummerMemories wrote:sorry to resurface an old thread but plainly speaking, did anyone else think the movie ended awful? i dont really feel like the movie accomplished anything and it seems to have taken the drama no where. it was at the same spot in the beginning of the movie when it ended. any thoughts on it?
My Thoughts

Yep - First this movie was really hard to get a hold of since it was a movie and not a SP it wasn't allowed on D addicts. Some nice person a Jdorama offered to share!!! So finally got to see it.

I was disapointed since Ithought it was going to have more of a resolution but it kinda still ended the same way ...
Summary:
For those who can't find it...
Pardon the rough spots I watched in a while ago

Rei and the band are offered a deal by this company. She still hasn't heard from Rui. She finds out from artist friends that he is in NY so she decides to go there. The Artist by the way is successful and lives with the Museum guy in a big loft -- she is in love with him but he is not inerested in her / or ladies.

So Rei and her hunt Rui down she is just about to give up hope when she spots him. He claims that she is mistaken and she ends up following him all over the place and even sleeps outside his apartment. Since she has folllowed him all over the place she is now lost and he shows her back to her friends house. Then he makes a mistake and she proves that he is Rui.

She beats him up a little for giving her a hard time etc etc. Then they're ok and she kinds moves in for a bit -- they are happy making breakfast going to the park. Rei is sad to find out that Rui has given up music.

Rui realizes rei has to go back (because she has music commitments waiting for her) and he really cant provide a life for her in his current place. So he picks a fight with her and they break up again... You know I think there was also an argument about why he doesnt play anymore etc etc and he tell her that it wasn't important to him anymore -- which of course she says cannot be true

BUT

As rei is catching her plane Rui comes running along and screams "I love You" -- um in English if you can imagine that ;). Rei leaves happily.

And Rui gets out his guitar to play (still in NY) while Rei and their band are playing their concert.

And they are still .... not together.

Abiona

Post by Abiona » Aug 21st, '07, 01:03

Does anyone know where to DL the movie? I might just be inept at searching for it.... and if there isn't a hardsubbed version, subs would be fantastic, too!!

aj2005uk

Post by aj2005uk » Aug 21st, '07, 09:41

@ Abiona: Try looking here Links of Interest for downloading movies.

NOTE: You may need to register on some of the sites

dramaholic love

Post by dramaholic love » Aug 26th, '07, 10:18

This is the first time I saw Ai and simply fell in love with her voice!! ^^,, she's such a cutie,,

Jetta

Post by Jetta » Aug 31st, '07, 09:05

I have seen it1 I like it much :-)

lynchmob72

Post by lynchmob72 » Sep 1st, '07, 03:09

If you like the lighter side of Ai, she was on an episode of Utaban, where she practically cracks up.I't's my favorite to date.Its on stage 6, if you want to see it.She laughs so much, you can't help but to laugh with her. :w00t:

Edit: PM me for a link if you want.

yusrizuandi

Post by yusrizuandi » May 31st, '11, 13:50

Ai Otsuka is one cutie girl.. Love her a lot!!