Becky

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
ianwarren

Becky

Post by ianwarren » Jan 16th, '07, 19:45

For those of you in Japan I just wondered how the general public feel about the actress/singer Becky?

I just finished watching Anna-san no Omame and I have to say she is one the wierdest people I've ever come across haha. Is she actually like that personality in interviews and variety shows etc because it seems like she overcompensates for being half Japanese by being completely over the top with absolutely everything she does.

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Jan 16th, '07, 19:47

I'm currently watching Anna-san no Omame, and I really like her acting, she's really pretty too !!

http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ecl06510oz.jpg
Last edited by Lifo on Jan 16th, '07, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Becky

Post by gryzze » Jan 16th, '07, 19:51

ianwarren wrote:I just finished watching Anna-san no Omame and I have to say she is one the wierdest people I've ever come across haha. Is she actually like that personality in interviews and variety shows etc because it seems like she overcompensates for being half Japanese by being completely over the top with absolutely everything she does.
LOL! Are you talking about Becky or are you talking about リリ? You should take a look at one of the other dramas she's in.

elyusai

Post by elyusai » Jan 18th, '07, 06:38

I saw her in Detective Conan Live Action. She played Yoko.

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jan 18th, '07, 15:41

Becky just plays her part, really.

I think she had a bit part in Rondo... and didn't act up.

Sometimes, she's just a funny person, and I guess you're right, she does try too hard... perhaps it's just her personality. You don't really have to "compensate" for being half in Japan... people, for the most part, are jealous of folks that are half. I mean, look at Mori Izumi... she doesn't do anything aside from sit around and look pretty... doesn't do anything for being half.

Also, have a different upbringing than your typical Japanese one largely shapes your personality.

Becky is just a serious animal lover that hangs out with Ueto Aya, goes to school full time and works hard to continue her duties as a "talent" on TV.

For the most part, personalities are created for TV purposes... you never know if you're seeing someone's real face or not on the TV (ie variety shows).

i'mNOangel

Post by i'mNOangel » Jan 18th, '07, 16:19

omg i saw Anna-san no Omame too and i loved it it was such a funny drama and becky is really cute and pretty in it....anyone knows where i can finds pictures of her?plzzz tell me.
BECKY rocks.

ianwarren

Post by ianwarren » Jan 21st, '07, 03:53

hikkichan wrote:Becky just plays her part, really.

I think she had a bit part in Rondo... and didn't act up.

Sometimes, she's just a funny person, and I guess you're right, she does try too hard... perhaps it's just her personality. You don't really have to "compensate" for being half in Japan... people, for the most part, are jealous of folks that are half. I mean, look at Mori Izumi... she doesn't do anything aside from sit around and look pretty... doesn't do anything for being half.

Also, have a different upbringing than your typical Japanese one largely shapes your personality.

Becky is just a serious animal lover that hangs out with Ueto Aya, goes to school full time and works hard to continue her duties as a "talent" on TV.

For the most part, personalities are created for TV purposes... you never know if you're seeing someone's real face or not on the TV (ie variety shows).

that is very interesting thanks for the response. I guess it's a kind of cultural thing because I'm from England and in England with mixed race people you tend to find that people overcompensate on 'half' of what they are (if that makes sense haha) and end up just like a bad stereotype of that race.... I guess I just assumed that Becky was trying to be 'extra' Japanese in behaviour to make up for being only half Japanese in ethnicity.

Just out of interest... what's with the whole thing of stressing/overpronounciating words that she does in Anna-san...? Is that some kind of 'kawaii' thing or trying to make her sound more childlike or something?

richardli

Becky has talent

Post by richardli » Jan 23rd, '07, 07:53

Becky is really cute. I think she's one of the better "talento", she's smart, can act and has a real personality that is necessary on the variety shows. See her profile here.