Stream Japanese TV on your computer with KeyHoleTV

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
epstein

Post by epstein » Mar 31st, '08, 23:35

this rules
thanks!!

ScOeDeLiC

Post by ScOeDeLiC » Mar 31st, '08, 23:38

Thank you!!!!

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Apr 3rd, '08, 11:52

I've just downloaded and installed Keyhole TV a few days before but didn't have the time to explore it much until tonight. Now I'm waiting for the Attention Please! SP in Sydney to air in less than an hour! *jumps*

Thanks very much Dashling for listing the icons for the different Japanese TV channels! I was really lost as they weren't labelled 'FujiTV', 'NTV' and etc. O_O

Question: I read someone's post here that we can also watch the three NHK channels? Which ones are they? Maybe somebody has already posted the respective icons so that we newbies can identify them, but I couldn't find them, so can somebody please help?

Thanks, and happy Keyhole TV-ing! :D

Illanair

Post by Illanair » Apr 3rd, '08, 12:24

untitledmelody wrote:Question: I read someone's post here that we can also watch the three NHK channels? Which ones are they?
I haven't seen them around lately, but with new channels appearing each day they might make a comeback - if not I believe someone mentioned NHK being part of the TVants streaming application :-)

Moriya

Post by Moriya » Apr 8th, '08, 05:51

is there anime channel for this?

:(

Illanair

Post by Illanair » Apr 8th, '08, 07:53

Moriya wrote:is there anime channel for this?
I haven't noticed anyone streaming 24/7 anime so far but alot of the channels seems to be broadcasting "current" anime during the afternoons, like Bleach and such. :)

Kuwa-Jiji

Post by Kuwa-Jiji » Apr 8th, '08, 13:16

They also broadcast anime late at night (in Japan) on some of the channels, though they are usually perverted anime. Also, the three NHK channels do appear sometimes, but the listings for the chanels on this program are kinda erratic, channels come and go all the time. Somtimes TBS isnt even on there, and then I become sad. Haha.

reverend

Post by reverend » Apr 8th, '08, 21:21

Thanks! I am very happy to find this program.

Just to check though, is the frame rate very low for everyone else? or just me?
The stream seems to work at about 15fps, which make it pretty jerky.
It could be my set-up, but somehow I doubt it because i spend a lot of time running multiple streaming software without problems.

So i thought I would see what everyone else gets in terms of frame rate. Actually, i figured that the low frame rate was by design: a compromise to save on the amount of processing and bandwidth required to run the program.

cheers

/rev

Kuwa-Jiji

Post by Kuwa-Jiji » Apr 8th, '08, 23:42

Yes, the framerate is low, and that's how the program is. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it.

ivoSF

Post by ivoSF » Apr 10th, '08, 04:38

does anyone know of options to watch most japanese tv-channels with normal quality?
for example i could imagine a company upstreaming in real time the mojor tv channels to foreingers for a simple all in subscription fee(sling box looks way to expensive)

for 50 dollars a month this should not be a dream

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Apr 10th, '08, 11:19

Hi. I've been trying to login into Keyhole and all I get is "Login timed out. Check your network."
I've checked my whole system and nothing seems to be wrong. I even reinstalled the program. Keyhole is usually very reliable, and of all times, it just *has* to act up now :blink

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Illanair

Post by Illanair » Apr 10th, '08, 11:27

MochaValencia wrote:Hi. I've been trying to login into Keyhole and all I get is "Login timed out. Check your network."
I've checked my whole system and nothing seems to be wrong. I even reinstalled the program. Keyhole is usually very reliable, and of all times, it just *has* to act up now :blink

Is anyone else having the same problem?
I get the same error message whenever I try to run the program on a computer where I don't have administrator rights (i.e School computers and such). Are you running it on a Limited User by any chance, or have any sort of Software / Hardware based firewall running of any kind? Routers etc..

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Apr 10th, '08, 11:34

Illanair wrote:I get the same error message whenever I try to run the program on a computer where I don't have administrator rights (i.e School computers and such). Are you running it on a Limited User by any chance, or have any sort of Software / Hardware based firewall running of any kind? Routers etc..
Hi! I'm using the admin account (I even tried to switch profiles), and I've turned off my firewall. It's basically the same settings I use every time I use Keyhole. :nuts: now looking for alternatives.. 30 more minutes :shocked: this is the first time this ever happened.

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Apr 10th, '08, 11:54

Apparently they've taken the network offline for maintenance. This is the message on KHTV's homepage:

2008年4月10日 18:30 JST
サーバのネットワーク設定の変更をおこないますので、一旦停止します。30分から40分程度停止します。

Hopefully this means that some of the major syncing/quality issues will be fixed.

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Apr 10th, '08, 12:02

Dashling wrote:Apparently they've taken the network offline for maintenance. This is the message on KHTV's homepage:

Hopefully this means that some of the major syncing/quality issues will be fixed.
Saw that too when I surfed over to the site for troubleshooting. I just hope it's nothing really major. Keyhole's been down for over 40 minutes. I can't even use KeyHoleVideo :blink

Why now, of all days.. noooooooooooooo, and it's already 21:00 JST. please Keyhole, please *puppydogeyes* :pray:

Illanair

Post by Illanair » Apr 10th, '08, 12:08

I find it funny how ingenous people are at times. The other day there was a stream of a webcam, recording a television channel somwhere in the list. It just looked so 90's underground pirate television to me ^-^

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Apr 10th, '08, 12:14

By the way, I have to check (I should have asked this minutes ago), are your Keyhole TVs working? This could be an area thing, who knows...

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Apr 10th, '08, 12:22

MochaValencia wrote:By the way, I have to check (I should have asked this minutes ago), are your Keyhole TVs working? This could be an area thing, who knows...
Nope, mine isn't. I'm hoping it'll be up within the next 38 minutes.
Illanair wrote:I find it funny how ingenous people are at times. The other day there was a stream of a webcam, recording a television channel somwhere in the list. It just looked so 90's underground pirate television to me ^-^
No kidding. I once watched a webcam where a guy broadcasted how many people were watching his stream. His background singing was hilarious too. :lol

Illanair

Post by Illanair » Apr 10th, '08, 12:24

Dashling wrote:No kidding. I once watched a webcam where a guy broadcasted how many people were watching his stream. His background singing was hilarious too. :lol
You're kidding me? Ahahahaha :lol

Btw: Mine isn't working either so it's fair to assume it's a server issue。

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Apr 10th, '08, 12:31

The timing's just wrong, but since it's half an hour into the program I was waiting for, I decided that it's time to let go, at least for the moment... :lol Thanks, Illanair and Dashling. I'm somehow relieved! At least I'm not alone. Let's just hope that they get it back up soon.

About the streams, yeah some are pretty weird. There's this stream which shows some sort of sign all day. :scratch:

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Apr 10th, '08, 12:51

Just found another way to watch Japanese TV! Download TVUPlayer from http://pages.tvunetworks.com/cn/downloads/player.html and install. You can sort the channels by language or scroll down the list to find the channel numbers. NTV, TV Asahi, Fuji TV, TBS, and a few other stations are available. The quality's pretty good, too.

67620: Fuji TV
67621: NTV
67622: TV Asahi
67623: TBS

Ichigomomo

login timed out?

Post by Ichigomomo » Apr 10th, '08, 12:51

Hi everyone! I hope that I'm not asking a question for the 1368253721653 time ^^; But my KeyHoleTV just tells me after installing "login timed out". What does it mean? :unsure: Thanks in advance for helping me out!
Cheers

momo

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Apr 10th, '08, 13:17

Dashling wrote:Just found another way to watch Japanese TV! Download TVUPlayer from http://pages.tvunetworks.com/cn/downloads/player.html and install. You can sort the channels by language or scroll down the list to find the channel numbers. NTV, TV Asahi, Fuji TV, TBS, and a few other stations are available. The quality's pretty good, too.

It worked! Thanks! :salut: I got to watch the last few minutes of Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi, I even caught part of the court scene.

TVU's video quality is a lot better than Keyhole's, but I think I'll use KH. TVU's great, but my broadband connection really has issues.. big ones :lol

Thanks again~ You saved the day! :salut:

ETA: to Ichigomomo: The server's down. Backtrack to the previous page for a more detailed discussion. Please excuse my panic posts. :lol
Last edited by MochaValencia on Apr 10th, '08, 13:21, edited 2 times in total.

Illanair

Post by Illanair » Apr 10th, '08, 13:18

MochaValencia wrote:The timing's just wrong, but since it's half an hour into the program I was waiting for, I decided that it's time to let go, at least for the moment... :lol Thanks, Illanair and Dashling. I'm somehow relieved! At least I'm not alone. Let's just hope that they get it back up soon.

About the streams, yeah some are pretty weird. There's this stream which shows some sort of sign all day. :scratch:
I 'think' someone mentioned it was part of some popstar's video log that she only used during some hours of the day. I could be wrong though. :-)
Ichigomomo wrote:Hi everyone! I hope that I'm not asking a question for the 1368253721653 time ^^; But my KeyHoleTV just tells me after installing "login timed out". What does it mean? :unsure: Thanks in advance for helping me out!
Cheers

momo
The servers seem to be down at the moment so there's not much else to do than wait it out or use one of the alternative streaming applications.

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Apr 10th, '08, 13:18

MochaValencia wrote:
Dashling wrote:Apparently they've taken the network offline for maintenance. This is the message on KHTV's homepage:
Saw that too when I surfed over to the site for troubleshooting. I just hope it's nothing really major. Keyhole's been down for over 40 minutes. I can't even use KeyHoleVideo :blink
Why now, of all days.. noooooooooooooo, and it's already 21:00 JST. please Keyhole, please *puppydogeyes* :pray:
You've gotta be kidding me. T_T
YES Why today, of all days... Why tonight of all nights? When I've been getting ready since weeks ago to watch the first episode of Last Friends. -_______- And I'm already 16 minutes late now as it is...

I'm gonna break my loyalty to Keyhole TV and try that new program that was recommended... TVUPlayer. xDD I hope it works! *desperate to catch the later half of Last Friends*

Illanair

Post by Illanair » Apr 10th, '08, 13:22

This just in. The server seems to be back online (or atleast I can log on)

There's only a couple of channels up so far though (I'm guessing due to streamhosts not having noticed yet).

Yay! :lol

BTW: Does anyone know if it's possible to force the forum to include signatures automatically? I keep forgetting to tick the "Attach Signature" box :glare:

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Apr 10th, '08, 13:29

Illanair wrote:This just in. The server seems to be back online (or atleast I can log on)

There's only a couple of channels up so far though (I'm guessing due to streamhosts not having noticed yet).

Yay! :lol
I managed to log in between 21:06 and 21:08 (Manila time) while I was streaming using TVU. To my horror (because TVU was lagging like crazy), there were no channels, but no, it wasn't another *panic* attack.. haha.. I can see the channels now, though TV Asahi is missing.

And to untitledmelody: my sentiments exactly... We're waiting for different shows, but still... But hey, KH's is working now, not to mention that we now have two options for TV streams.

Erratum: I meant 20:00 JST in one of my previous posts (the one quoted by untitledmelody)

Enjoy watching, everyone!

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Apr 10th, '08, 15:45

Along with the restart in Keyhole's network, all the staple channels have been renamed. The first post has been updated with the new labels.

Illanair

Post by Illanair » Apr 10th, '08, 16:06

Dashling wrote:Along with the restart in Keyhole's network, all the staple channels have been renamed. The first post has been updated with the new labels.
Thank you ever so much for that Dashling. :w00t: (Saves me alot of time ^-^)

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Apr 10th, '08, 20:14

Dashling wrote:Along with the restart in Keyhole's network, all the staple channels have been renamed. The first post has been updated with the new labels.
Thanks for the updates! :salut: yay~

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Apr 10th, '08, 20:50

thanks for the update, Dashling~

also, I went to check out TVU and found it GREAT since the quality of the video is good! I'll be alternating between that and KHTV because for some reason my connection fails with TVU every now and then.

What I really like about TVU are the available channels from other countries (specifically from Korea and Taiwan) that I'm interested in.

*runs to continue watching Oh!Sama TV1 (Japan) on TVU*

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Apr 10th, '08, 22:18

Thank you so much, Dashling, for the link to TVU!!! I've fallen totally in love with it! :wub:

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Apr 11th, '08, 02:23

Thank you SO very much <b>Dashling</b>!!! TVU rocks!!! And you are right about the quality! I was surprised that it looked so good on my 3.0 service!

Thank you again for the heads up! \(^o^)/

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Apr 11th, '08, 02:29

^out of curiosity, are you able to connect to "TV Asahi" or any of the stations in Taiwan/China?

It seems like I'm only able to connect to CCTV 9 (Sports), Oh!Sama TV1 & 2, and Sony Music (Japan) for the time being.

TVU really rocks but they really need a larger variety of sponsor commercials. Either that or just don't show them. I'm sick of watching Mr. T and his mohawk commercial every time I connect to a channel. At least the Miller Light commercial was semi-interesting. *grimace*

Kuwa-Jiji

Post by Kuwa-Jiji » Apr 11th, '08, 02:34

lilswtangel wrote:^out of curiosity, are you able to connect to "TV Asahi" or any of the stations in Taiwan/China?

It seems like I'm only able to connect to CCTV 9 (Sports), Oh!Sama TV1 & 2, and Sony Music (Japan) for the time being.

TVU really rocks but they really need a larger variety of sponsor commercials. Either that or just don't show them. I'm sick of watching Mr. T and his mohawk commercial every time I connect to a channel. At least the Miller Light commercial was semi-interesting. *grimace*
Enough of yo JIBBA-JABBA! I PITY THE FOO WHO DOESN'T LIKE MR. T! Anyways, I can connect to a couple chinese stations, but they play really poorly, and I get a message that they arent working properly at the moment. Maybe server lag?

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Apr 11th, '08, 03:04

lilswtangel wrote:^out of curiosity, are you able to connect to "TV Asahi" or any of the stations in Taiwan/China?
Yes! I have TV Asahi streaming as I am typing this! And it is beautiful and clear too! I am shocked!

There are a lot of Chinese (simplified) stations playing well for me. I would definitely tell you to check this out at a different time of day and see if the stations appear to you! I wonder why you are not able to connect?

I am really impressed with this! :mrgreen:

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Apr 11th, '08, 03:09

I've had tv asahi on all day and it's been showing without a hitch. I'd go crazy if I couldn't connect to it... it's my favorite of the Japanese broadcasters. Hope the problem is solved soon for you.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Apr 11th, '08, 03:25

thanks for the replies~

I'll try connecting to Asahi's channel tomorrow since it looks like it probably won't connect tonight. (I've been trying all day at work and at home). If not, at least I'm able to connect to TV Asahi on KeyHole~ :)

TVU definitely rocks~ I'm watching "spongebob squarepants" on Nickelodeon right now. XD

Ichigomomo

Post by Ichigomomo » Apr 11th, '08, 04:46

:wub: Thank you so much! It's working now *happy*

Stargazer07

Post by Stargazer07 » Apr 11th, '08, 05:17

Thanks Dashing for recommending the TVU program! It works great!!!

docipain

Post by docipain » Apr 12th, '08, 05:07

may it be that the "known" japanese channels on TUV are gone? Ö___Ö
I can't see them anymore in the channel list....hmm

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Apr 12th, '08, 05:30

docipain wrote:may it be that the "known" japanese channels on TUV are gone? Ö___Ö
I can't see them anymore in the channel list....hmm
I noticed some comments on the TVU forum about problems with channels dropping off at times. We all jumped in yesterday and broke it? :P

Just please let me have tv asahi Monday night, either on TVU or KH!

Alpedra

Post by Alpedra » Apr 12th, '08, 09:13

I just hope japanese channels come back to TVU quickly. Quality is muuuuuuuuuch better than KH. :-( :cry:

sangofe

Post by sangofe » Apr 12th, '08, 10:38

Dashling wrote:Just found another way to watch Japanese TV! Download TVUPlayer from http://pages.tvunetworks.com/cn/downloads/player.html and install. You can sort the channels by language or scroll down the list to find the channel numbers. NTV, TV Asahi, Fuji TV, TBS, and a few other stations are available. The quality's pretty good, too.

How do you make them appear? They're not there even when i scroll all channels or sort by language, I only have :
91000:Yomiuri TV news
91200: Sony Music
91202: Oh! Sama TV1
91203: Oh! Sama TV2
91300: Odoroku TV

SB-X

:)

Post by SB-X » Apr 12th, '08, 18:01

Wow, I can't believe I just now happen to notice this topic, only after stupidly posting about TVU somewhere else. You beat me to it! :P
As for KeyHoleTV, I love it! Thanks a lot! But, are there supposed to be pictures/icons on the first post? All I see is "= FujiTV, = NTV" etc.
I'm also curious about how you originally found the program. I spent months looking for streaming Japanese TV before this.

Thanks again. に~てれ・ご・ご! :lol

SB-X

soshite

Post by SB-X » Apr 12th, '08, 18:34

ivoSF wrote:does anyone know of options to watch most japanese tv-channels with normal quality?
If you can read Japanese take a look at http://nihonnamaterebi.com/.
I'm not sure what it is exactly, but it looks quite expensive.

@sangofe: Maybe the channels were down earlier? They are definitely working now. Even TV Asahi is back up! Don't forget they aren't in the same group as those others. I'll also mention in case anyone doesn't know that Yomiuri, Sony, and Oh!sama aren't real TV channels. They're just playlists of video clips from those websites.

Like I said in my other post, if you can read Chinese please go to http://www.starswork.net/ to see broadcaster news & status. (sometimes they're down for testing or whatever) And maybe thank them. :thumright:

baby_bytes

Post by baby_bytes » Apr 12th, '08, 20:25

ok i don't get tvants. i installed it and i see no channels, i even searched on the search option and nothing >_< can anyone help me?

venik

Post by venik » Apr 13th, '08, 21:10

haha, first time trying KeyHoleTV and I get American TellSell in Japanese :P
But it works ok, only the video is sometimes a little bit slow.

SB-X

Post by SB-X » Apr 13th, '08, 23:26

venik wrote:I get American TellSell in Japanese
o.O
What exactly is that?

Dashling

Re: :)

Post by Dashling » Apr 14th, '08, 00:00

SB-X wrote:Wow, I can't believe I just now happen to notice this topic, only after stupidly posting about TVU somewhere else. You beat me to it! :P
As for KeyHoleTV, I love it! Thanks a lot! But, are there supposed to be pictures/icons on the first post? All I see is "= FujiTV, = NTV" etc.
Yep, there are little pictures of the labels for each channel.
I'm also curious about how you originally found the program. I spent months looking for streaming Japanese TV before this.

Thanks again. に~てれ・ご・ご! :lol
Came across it while searching for TVAnts channels and read a post about it in a Chinese forum, even though I can't read Chinese. :P I sat on it for a while before trying it because I couldn't find any info about it in English (online translators can only do so much) and wasn't sure if my computer would blow up. Glad it didn't! :lol

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Apr 15th, '08, 08:00

venik: Yes, Keyhole's video lags after some time. I suggest you try TVUPlayer if you're using broadband or faster internet. The video keeps at a stable pace with the audio (I watched one hour's worth of FujiTV and the video didn't lag once) and the screen size can be enlarged to fullscreen max. Though it becomes pixelated, I find the medium-sized screen great. It's about double Keyhole's screen size. Audio and video quality are also considerably better.
The only qualm I have of TVUPlayer is the start-up time. TVUPlayer takes a longer time for the initial buffering, compared to Keyhole which is practically instant. But as long as we start it up earlier before our show starts, it's really a good streaming player!

I'm going to use TVUPlayer to watch another new drama tonight. xD

Dashling: Maybe you can rename this thread and include TVUPlayer in the title. xD

shirisrael

Post by shirisrael » Apr 18th, '08, 20:53

I need some help.
I can't read Japanese in my computer, and I'll be grateful if you'll tell which one of the channels is TBS. (for example -the first or the the fourth from the top)
Well tanks anyway :)

venik

Post by venik » Apr 20th, '08, 19:02

@untitledmelody: I am now also using TVUPlayer and you are right, it works much better.

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Apr 24th, '08, 04:05

shirisrael wrote:I need some help.
I can't read Japanese in my computer, and I'll be grateful if you'll tell which one of the channels is TBS. (for example -the first or the the fourth from the top)
Well tanks anyway :)
The channels are not always in the same order, but it's the one that has the description of "Tokyo Japan." (TV Asahi also has that description.) I would suggest taking a look at http://www.coscom.co.jp/help3/jpfont/jpfont.html so you can view Japanese fonts on your computer. :)
untitledmelody wrote:Dashling: Maybe you can rename this thread and include TVUPlayer in the title. xD
Done. :D

Moriya

Post by Moriya » Apr 25th, '08, 18:55

TVUplayer is the best

KeyHoleTV kinda sux :P

FBPPrelude

Post by FBPPrelude » Apr 28th, '08, 01:39

Keyholetv sucks compared to TVUPlayer. I'll be using tvuplayer from now on.

Alpedra

Post by Alpedra » Apr 28th, '08, 06:15

I´m getting no sound in TVUplayer since yesterday. Am I the only one?

xxShanice

Post by xxShanice » Apr 28th, '08, 10:31

I can't hear a thing too -- but other channels work fine :blink Wahhh, I want to watch HEY!HEY!HEY! D:

Kensei

Post by Kensei » Apr 28th, '08, 17:42

How can I add the channel TV Tokyo into the progrem TVU Player?

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Apr 28th, '08, 20:49

Kensei wrote:How can I add the channel TV Tokyo into the progrem TVU Player?
What you mean by "add"? :scratch: You mean add it to watch?

Alpedra and xxShanice, the sound was working fine for me this morning...

Kensei

Post by Kensei » Apr 29th, '08, 10:23

Dashling wrote:
Kensei wrote:How can I add the channel TV Tokyo into the progrem TVU Player?
What you mean by "add"? :scratch: You mean add it to watch?

Alpedra and xxShanice, the sound was working fine for me this morning...
Yes.

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Apr 29th, '08, 13:02

Kensei: I don't think we can 'add' channels to these streaming players, it's pretty much up to the developers. Don't take my word for it though, because I'm still quite new to the streaming player trend.

xxShanice: Yes I know, I tried TVUPlayer to watch HEY!x3 last night too, but when there wasn't any sound, I switched to KeyholeTV. Though the video/audio were out of sync most of the show, at least I didn't have to watch a silent show. xD I think it's good to have both players, in case one doesn't work, just like what happened last night. We'd never know when these streaming players might be down due to maintenance or whatever.

Dashling: Thanks for renaming the thread title, I think TVUPlayer's more popular now. (:

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Apr 29th, '08, 14:16

Kensei, as said by untitledmelody, the availability of channels on streaming players depends on the developers or broadcasters. That being said, anyone can broadcast their own channel on TVUPlayer and KeyHoleTV by using TVUBroadcast and KeyHoleVideo. Only Fuji TV, NTV, TBS, TV Asahi are hosted on TVUPlayer right now by the Starswork Group, but perhaps they'll add TV Tokyo in the future.

usagimoshi

Post by usagimoshi » May 9th, '08, 10:36

First post in this thread.. <3..

I got TVU player a few weeks ago to watch tv and for NTV.. *for obvious reasons XD* but I have checked my TVU player and the site today and it seems NTV is gone..

I hope it goes back up before tomorrow.. but i cannot see anything about why it is gone and my pc cannot read japanese characters so i cannot use keyhole or find out what j-channel says about it ;-;

any suggestions as where to get my fix of NTV until they sort it?

biggirl20

Post by biggirl20 » May 10th, '08, 14:44

been using KHTV and TVU jus now and i cant find NTV.. :cry:

hopefully will come back on monday becoz i wanna watch news zero!!

Alpedra

Post by Alpedra » May 11th, '08, 09:04

Damn.. wanted to watch Chibi maruko chan with my wife. The usual japanese channels are all off (NTV, Fuji, Asahi, TBS). I hope they´ll be back soon like the last times..

SB-X

JPTV24 (subscription based)

Post by SB-X » May 11th, '08, 13:39

Here's another alternative for those of you that can and would pay real money.
http://www.jptv24.com/

It's about $50 a month and can be bought via PayPal.
You download the Java リモコン, and enter your login you created from the website. (a "SID" number) After that a list of about a dozen channels will appear and you can double-click any to watch in WMP. They give you a day to try it for free (for minutes at a time).

The quality isn't that great (about the same or a little better than TVU) on the *analog* channels, but it also carries HD digital channels which are a lot better.
It's way too expensive for me but I don't even have cable TV. I think I'd pay for this before paying for cable/satellite ever.

There is even a totally free channel you can watch without logging in. (NHK Educational :P)

Alpedra

Post by Alpedra » May 12th, '08, 15:03

Interesting.. but TVUplayer, even with some occasional hiccups, already streams almost all those channels for free. :-)

And probably streaming those channels is illegal anyway, so I would always think twice before paying for such a service..

mystes

Post by mystes » May 13th, '08, 19:07

I don't think I'm ready to spend $50 a month for jptv24, but it does look pretty nice; I was able to get the free NHK Education channel to work under linux (the java program just tries to run cmd.exe to run windows media player, so I just created a script called "cmd.exe" which runs mplayer with the url parameter). Assuming that the pay channels don't have DRM or anything, it looks a lot nicer than most American sites that let you watch TV in various ways.

Edit: Apparently jptv24 is a Chinese site and definitely illegal.

nak

Post by nak » May 16th, '08, 12:14

Is it possible to record stremaing video from TVU player?..only because i want to record it and watch it later.. :P
I'v googled around abit, and i'v tried a program called PPrecorder, but it doesn't seem to "recognise" my TVuplayer, and therefore it cannot record :whistling:

Would anyone one have better solutions? or could help me out abit? lol :lol

Thanks,

mystes

Post by mystes » May 16th, '08, 22:23

nak wrote:Is it possible to record stremaing video from TVU player?..only because i want to record it and watch it later.. :P
I'v googled around abit, and i'v tried a program called PPrecorder, but it doesn't seem to "recognise" my TVuplayer, and therefore it cannot record :whistling:

Would anyone one have better solutions? or could help me out abit? lol :lol

Thanks,
You need the older version of TVU player that's on PPrecorder's website. It has the additional advantage of not having ads.

takayukibru

Post by takayukibru » May 18th, '08, 15:15

thanks a lot for all :D

yankumi_cawaii

Post by yankumi_cawaii » May 23rd, '08, 16:23

thanks sO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

reverend

Re: JPTV24 (subscription based)

Post by reverend » May 24th, '08, 19:32

SB-X wrote:Here's another alternative for those of you that can and would pay real money.
http://www.jptv24.com/
Hi SB-X,

where on the site do you create a SID for the trial? I can't for the life of me find this.

I would like to try the service. I currently pay 6,000 YEN a month for www.watchjapantv.com

The pic quality will be better than the windows stream offered by jptv24, but the cheaper price that jptv24 have is attracting me.

thanks

/rev

nak

Post by nak » May 27th, '08, 10:21

Thanks mystes, ill try it out...

oh...TBS seems to be gone from TVU., :O