Stream Japanese TV on your computer with KeyHoleTV

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
Dashling

Post by Dashling » Jun 1st, '08, 14:32

KeyHoleTV is now available for Linux: http://www.v2p.jp/video/Viewer/Linux/

LanBreak

Post by LanBreak » Jun 1st, '08, 19:26

Very nice find, thanks for the info; works right out of the box after installing the needed libraries. Sound seems to be a bit more choppy than for the Windows client; but I haven't started looking for any configuration issues.

Looks like I won't be needing my VirtualBox XP installation anymore... :lol

Meecha

Post by Meecha » Jun 2nd, '08, 13:48

help! tvu won't connect , it's connecting and then just stop :(
anyone have same problem?

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jun 3rd, '08, 11:14

TBS, NTV, FujiTV and TV Asahi are all missing from TVUPlayer today, just thought I'd update on this.
Anyone who wants to watch anything on these channels would have to use good ol' KeyHole TV.
(And that's not an option for me either, because my internet speed has been throttled. >.<)

Meecha: Can't help you check that out, sorry. :| I can't even stream anything much with my super-slow internet speed now.

Meecha

Post by Meecha » Jun 3rd, '08, 11:33

the missing channels thing happen quite often with tvu player X(
arrrgh,so frustrating :cussing:

pepperginger

Post by pepperginger » Jun 4th, '08, 02:43

sankyu dashling! TVU rocks!! :salut:

Nee-kun

Post by Nee-kun » Jun 7th, '08, 22:14

Where is Asahi tv on TVUPLAYER and Tv tokyo on Keyhole tv ? :cry:

LanBreak

Post by LanBreak » Jun 8th, '08, 08:05

Asahi TV → ロッポンギ
Tokyo TV → テンノウス

Also, the Linux client has been updated; new version fixes sound issues (at least for me). Video does lag quite a bit behind, though.

http://www.v2p.jp/video/Viewer/Linux/

Nee-kun

Post by Nee-kun » Jun 8th, '08, 08:15

ok thanks but Asahi tv on TvUplayer ... where is it ? :unsure:

naruru

Post by naruru » Jun 11th, '08, 02:10

Wow!! Thank you!!! :cry:
I've been looking for a program that'll stream TV Tokyo!!!

However I've been wondering since I get a message saying it might have a virus, does it really have a virus, for the ones who used it for a long time now? :blink

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Jun 12th, '08, 17:59

Is it just me, or is TV Asahi really popping in and out of KeyHole TV? It has happened to me twice (Thursdays). I keep losing the channel. :unsure:

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Jun 12th, '08, 18:40

MochaValencia wrote:Is it just me, or is TV Asahi really popping in and out of KeyHole TV? It has happened to me twice (Thursdays). I keep losing the channel. :unsure:
I think there's something going on (at least with tv asahi... didn't check any other channels) because yesterday I had to go back to Keyhole in order to watch this week's ep of Keishicho sosa ikka 9 gakari 3 since none of the Japanese stations were on TVU. It would play for a couple of minutes, then start pixelating badly and freeze. I actually watched the episode exiting out and restarting Keyhole every couple of minutes.

Nee-kun

Post by Nee-kun » Jun 12th, '08, 22:40

OMG, where is japanese channel on TVUPlayer ? :cry:

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Jun 13th, '08, 15:19

Nee-kun wrote:OMG, where is japanese channel on TVUPlayer ? :cry:
I am upset too because the channels were coming in SO clear! It seems that they have been removed... :-(

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Jun 13th, '08, 16:47

From what i read on their forums there is a hardware problem in the japanese end, hope they will fix it soon i missing lots of things ;)

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 13th, '08, 17:12

Damnnnn~ the channels are still missing? There's Gokusen and ROOKIES tomorrow and I'd really like to watch them on TVU.

Hope they fix whatever problem it is soon.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Jun 13th, '08, 23:50

All four japanese channels in TVU are back, i guess the problem has been fixed :) just seen Gokusen guys in the morning news ;)

dj_mewmew

Post by dj_mewmew » Jun 14th, '08, 13:27

I'm looking for TV tokyo on keyhole, and I know it's "テンノウス ", but that's not on my list at all. Is there I way to get it? Or is it my computer's fault?

And what's this TVU thing?

2Silent2nv

Post by 2Silent2nv » Jun 14th, '08, 16:30

TVU is way better than keyhole. Thanks for the info.

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Jun 15th, '08, 14:23

toyotaku wrote: I think there's something going on (at least with tv asahi... didn't check any other channels) because yesterday I had to go back to Keyhole in order to watch this week's ep of Keishicho sosa ikka 9 gakari 3 since none of the Japanese stations were on TVU. It would play for a couple of minutes, then start pixelating badly and freeze. I actually watched the episode exiting out and restarting Keyhole every couple of minutes.
Yeah, that's the exact thing that happened to me, especially last Thursday (I missed the entire finale preview of Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2 why oh why...) There was even an instance when TV Asahi disappeared for 30 minutes. Thanks for your reply. I thought it was only my connection acting up again.

shikage

Post by shikage » Jun 15th, '08, 23:10

It seems that TBS has gone down on TVU today and TV Tokyo is missing on Keyhole TV. I've also noticed in the first post that sometimes AT-X is availabale on KeyHole TV but have yet to ever see it there, has anyone seen this channel recently?

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Jun 17th, '08, 01:10

shikage wrote:It seems that TBS has gone down on TVU today and TV Tokyo is missing on Keyhole TV. I've also noticed in the first post that sometimes AT-X is availabale on KeyHole TV but have yet to ever see it there, has anyone seen this channel recently?
Looks like all the channels are back for now, but I guess they got rid of Tokyo MX on KeyHole. I do see AT-X pop up under different labels, but only occasionally like Animax, NHK, etc.

shikage

Post by shikage » Jun 21st, '08, 18:41

Dashling wrote:
shikage wrote:It seems that TBS has gone down on TVU today and TV Tokyo is missing on Keyhole TV. I've also noticed in the first post that sometimes AT-X is availabale on KeyHole TV but have yet to ever see it there, has anyone seen this channel recently?
Looks like all the channels are back for now, but I guess they got rid of Tokyo MX on KeyHole. I do see AT-X pop up under different labels, but only occasionally like Animax, NHK, etc.
So far I have had no luck coming across AT-X at all. At least I don't think I have as their entire lineup appears to be Anime and I've not seen any channels playing the Anime listed on their site schedule. Would be awesome if that one got to be more reliable. I've never really looked up what shows are on Tokyo MX, not sure if I've seen it pop up at times or not.

LanBreak

Post by LanBreak » Jun 22nd, '08, 19:36

The linux version of KeyHole has been upgraded to 1.4, fixing segmentation fault issues as well as sound lag and image breakup when watching for longer periods of time. Haven't had the chance to see for myself, but you can get the archive at http://www.v2p.jp/video/Viewer/Linux/

Mary_J

Post by Mary_J » Jun 28th, '08, 22:40

is the TBS on TVUplayer and KeyHole the same? has anyone checked both before?

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Jul 3rd, '08, 04:22

KeyHoleTV Version 3.08 for Windows and Version 1.10 for Linux are out. Improvements in the Windows version include a change in the program's memory management, the addition of a minimize button, and the addition of an ignore chat button (indicating that the broadcaster has disabled chat). http://www.v2p.jp/video/Viewer/
Mary_J wrote:is the TBS on TVUplayer and KeyHole the same? has anyone checked both before?
Yes, they're the same with the exception of TVU's slight delay.

heatherho

Post by heatherho » Jul 3rd, '08, 15:04

I tried to download the new KeyHole TV Linux, so I saved the .rar .. but for some reason when I open it it doesn't work and I don't exactly remember which file to save.. I currently use KeyHole 3.06.. lol should i delete it first before I try saving a newer version?

thanks

Hyrrokkin

Post by Hyrrokkin » Jul 3rd, '08, 15:12

There are also streams for more channels in higher quality (imo) (but not that much...) using the mms protocol, links are as follows;

[url=mms://ranka.henneyz.info/live]Random channel[/url] (Usually set to TV Tokyo)
[url=mms://ranka.henneyz.info/anime]ANIMAX[/url]
[url=mms://ranka.henneyz.info/wowow]WOWOW[/url]
[url=mms://ranka.henneyz.info/m-on]M-ON[/url]
[url=mms://ranka.henneyz.info/bsnhk1]NHK BS-1[/url]
[url=mms://ranka.henneyz.info/bsnhk2]NHK BS-2[/url]
[url=mms://ranka.henneyz.info/ytv]YTV[/url] (Kanto NTV)
[url=mms://ranka.henneyz.info/tbs]TBS[/url]
[url=mms://ranka.henneyz.info/ntv]Nippon TV[/url]

Alternative links:

[url=mms://waryas.gundam.eu/anime]ANIMAX[/url]
[url=mms://waryas.gundam.eu/wowow]WOWOW[/url]

Enjoy :) I'll update with more streams when/if I find some. :)

reverend

Post by reverend » Jul 3rd, '08, 16:44

Thanks Hyrrokkin for the links

Great to have BS-1 and BS-2 for the baseball! And the frame rate is so much better than KEyhole.
No telling how long they will last though...

Hyrrokkin

Post by Hyrrokkin » Jul 3rd, '08, 23:11

reverend wrote:Thanks Hyrrokkin for the links

Great to have BS-1 and BS-2 for the baseball! And the frame rate is so much better than KEyhole.
No telling how long they will last though...
They should be up as long as the server is.

Do you know at what times the baseball games usually are? I've once been watching one but then I had to go take an exam and came back just as it finished D:!

reverend

Post by reverend » Jul 4th, '08, 01:36

http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/bs_digital/tokyo/realtime.html

there is an MLB game on right now on BS-1. There is a softbank hawks game on later at 18:15 Japan time!

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Jul 4th, '08, 13:32

Hyrrokkin wrote:There are also streams for more channels in higher quality (imo) (but not that much...) using the mms protocol, links are as follows;

[url=mms://ranka.henneyz.info/live]Random channel[/url] (Usually set to TV Tokyo)

Alternative links:

Thank you very much!
This is truly awesome :D

Edit:
I found some backup servers

---
MAIN SERVER (windows media player only. use this please if you can)

mms://live1.gundam.eu/live - TV Tokyo (currently, switches station)
mms://live1.gundam.eu/wowow - WOWOW
mms://live1.gundam.eu/anime - animax

If you have problems using these, it may be because of DNS problems; use the IP instead - mms://91.121.100.42/

Backup
mms://waryas.gundam.eu/live
mms://waryas.gundam.eu/wowow
mms://waryas.gundam.eu/anime

Backup Server
mms://waryas.ath.cx/live - TV Asashi
mms://waryas.ath.cx/wowow - WOWOW
mms://waryas.ath.cx/anime - animax
---

Reference: http://bokuchan.org/jp/res/150.html

Hachiko26

Post by Hachiko26 » Jul 5th, '08, 04:11

Hi there thanks for the streams. The streams worked perfectly just 4 hours ago for me, Now i cant connect to any of the mms links, and specially the mms URL for animax, it asks me for a password, can someone help me?

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Jul 5th, '08, 06:17

Dashling wrote:KeyHoleTV Version 3.08 for Windows and Version 1.10 for Linux are out. Improvements in the Windows version include a change in the program's memory management, the addition of a minimize button, and the addition of an ignore chat button (indicating that the broadcaster has disabled chat). http://www.v2p.jp/video/Viewer/
I'm still using KeyHole, especially now that the upgrades are coming regularly. Haha. Thanks for the heads up, Dashling! :salut:

reverend

Post by reverend » Jul 5th, '08, 12:03

Moodilic wrote:
Hyrrokkin wrote: I found some backup servers
l
Good work Moodilic.

BS channels seem to be down now.

For those of you that watch baseball, there is a Hawks match on right now (they usually start at 1800 Japan time) on J-Sports ESPN, which you can get on the TVAnts p2p platform.

I find Keyhole TV unwatchable, at least on my setup. I'm watching some Osaka TV channel on it right now. The frame rate is about 5fps.

Does anyone have any tips to make it any better? I know the frame rate is not broadcast rate by design though, so it may just be the way it is.

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Jul 5th, '08, 14:55

Yeah, some servers are down :(

but these still work for now

mms://waryas.gundam.eu/live (At this time it is TV Tokyo)
mms://waryas.gundam.eu/anime (Animax)
mms://waryas.gundam.eu/wowow (Don't know which channel but there a tennisgame going on)
mms://waryas.ath.cx/live (TV Tokyo here too)
mms://waryas.ath.cx/anime (Animax)

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Jul 5th, '08, 15:15

Hey !

Huge thanks for the stream links since I am looking for an alternative to either KeyHole or TVU.
KeyHole's video/audio are awful and TVU's buffer is too small so the video stops after a few seconds.
Does anyone know how I can increase the buffer size ? I don't mind a 10 or 15 minute-delay if it means a smooth stream. ( TVU forums are off right now)

reverend

Post by reverend » Jul 5th, '08, 16:09

Moodilic wrote: mms://waryas.gundam.eu/wowow (Don't know which channel but there a tennisgame going on)
This is Wowow TV http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOWOW
showing Wimbledon

Shinda-chan

Post by Shinda-chan » Jul 5th, '08, 23:48

is there any way to get the tokyo mx channel???? ~_~ i'm dying to watch the "here is greenwood" drama (which will be airing tomorrow on tmx)....!! keyhole tv and tvuplayer don't have tmx... and i can't find any other "programs" that would have the tmx channel... -_-

SuperVictoria64

Post by SuperVictoria64 » Jul 6th, '08, 04:42

Hey guys! I have a question, and I'm hoping someone can help me out. :) I joined here with the sole intention of posting this question since I've posted it in a variety of other sites and never received an answer. :-(

So, I want to watch AAA's music variety talkshow called 音時間 on Keyholetv. According to TV Tokyo's website, it plays from 3:15 - 3:45 "nighttime" (PM?) on Tuesday July 8, 2008. I tried watching the program last week, but I must have been totally off on my time conversion since I completely missed TV Tokyo's music programming. So... my question is basically... what time is 3:15 (Japan) translated to Canadian Eastern time? I tried going by this last week, but I guess it was totally off...? :-( I'm assuming Tuesday in Japan is Monday in Ontario, Canada (EST)... but I can't figure out the direct time difference.

If anyone could help (Canada EST -> Japan conversion) that would be fantastic! :) <3

reverend

Post by reverend » Jul 6th, '08, 09:06

SuperVictoria64

Post by SuperVictoria64 » Jul 6th, '08, 16:56

^ Thanks for the link! But according to that, the time difference is exactly what I thought it was last week when I totally missed the program. Hmm... :O

Can someone confirm if 音時間 does in fact play at 3:15pm - 3:45pm on Tuesday?? (re: schedule)

reverend

Post by reverend » Jul 6th, '08, 18:39

I think it is 03:15 the following morning. Look at the schedule here:

http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/vhf/tokyo/2008070824.html?c=0&g=0

minamichan03

ask..

Post by minamichan03 » Jul 8th, '08, 12:58

ahmm.. hi there!!

just wanna ask if you could download videos from the keyhole tv...?
i'm just wonderin how people get the vids right after it has been aired in japan.. :blink

reverend

Post by reverend » Jul 8th, '08, 19:04

Keyhole TV is streams of live broadcasts.

As the video protocol is not standard, no software as yet can record the stream.

Moodilic

Re: ask..

Post by Moodilic » Jul 8th, '08, 20:02

minamichan03 wrote:ahmm.. hi there!!

just wanna ask if you could download videos from the keyhole tv...?
i'm just wonderin how people get the vids right after it has been aired in japan.. :blink
I believe it's mainly people from Japan or people with japanese channels (ex. USA) that records these programs and shows to their computer via a kind of graphicscard with tv-recording-capabilities (sorry, I don't what it's called in english, let's say "tvcard" also then:P).

minamichan03

Post by minamichan03 » Jul 8th, '08, 23:22

reverend wrote:Keyhole TV is streams of live broadcasts.

As the video protocol is not standard, no software as yet can record the stream.
ahhh... okay.. is that soo...
bcoz... i just wonder why they have the shows uploaded in the net right after it has been aired in japan... :roll

reverend

Post by reverend » Jul 9th, '08, 07:38

do you mean how do shows get uploaded here on this tracker soon after airing?

If so, because they are captured using a video capture card by people living in Japan, and places that have live Japanese TV such as Hawaii. The shows are then uploaded here and to other file sharing resources (from where they can be downloaded and transferred to this tracker)

The files on this tracker are not recorded from Keyhole TV.

Does that answer your question?

minamichan03

Post by minamichan03 » Jul 9th, '08, 15:31

reverend wrote:do you mean how do shows get uploaded here on this tracker soon after airing?

If so, because they are captured using a video capture card by people living in Japan, and places that have live Japanese TV such as Hawaii. The shows are then uploaded here and to other file sharing resources (from where they can be downloaded and transferred to this tracker)

The files on this tracker are not recorded from Keyhole TV.

Does that answer your question?
hmm.. okay! now i understand... hehe... :-)
Thanz anyway!! :lol

djandy76

Post by djandy76 » Jul 13th, '08, 23:06

Has anyone had any luck finding any news links to channels other than WoWow and Animax? I'm especially interested in being able to watch NHK BS-1 and BS-2. I'm already using both TVU Player and Key Hole TV, but it's he channels they don't broadcast that I'm after.

Any new links would be greately appreciated. Cheers!

minamichan03

Post by minamichan03 » Jul 14th, '08, 01:57

i want to watch those channels too!!!
anyone....?? knows the link to it??

akatsuka

Post by akatsuka » Jul 14th, '08, 13:22

can anyone watch TVU player in Japan? so far i've only got the 'free' channels such as odoroku tv etc. guessing its blocked?

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Jul 14th, '08, 19:11

akatsuka wrote:can anyone watch TVU player in Japan? so far i've only got the 'free' channels such as odoroku tv etc. guessing its blocked?
Don't know about live stream with TVU within Japan (it's just what you asked right?) but there should be Asahi, TBS, Fuji and NTV.

katzenjammin'

Post by katzenjammin' » Jul 15th, '08, 00:33

I haven't seriously used Windows in a while (I've been using one of those virtual simulation programs on my Mac)... so I was wondering how you open links with the "MMS" protocol? I've opened streams that worked for like a couple of minutes in Media Player before they died. Should I need a plugin or codec?

SuperVictoria64

Post by SuperVictoria64 » Jul 15th, '08, 15:45

^ Hmm... I'm not sure. I think it should work by default, but maybe you should check this out?

Does anyone know why Keyholetv never features TV Tokyo on Tuesdays? :glare:
Last edited by SuperVictoria64 on Jul 24th, '08, 23:53, edited 3 times in total.

Lothringen

Post by Lothringen » Jul 20th, '08, 14:02

Hyrrokkin wrote:There are also streams for more channels in higher quality (imo) (but not that much...) using the mms protocol, links are as follows;

Alternative links:

^ Question. Does the link work? (only the alternative links are working for me =/)
I want to watch those channels via MMS @__@

(tvu Jap channels are really in bad quality right now XD)

SuperVictoria64

Post by SuperVictoria64 » Jul 23rd, '08, 03:06

Oh... my... G- :| None of the streams work anymore!

Chrono

Post by Chrono » Jul 27th, '08, 23:01

Oh, my! It's not working anymore... Always says "login timed out. check your network" but my internet is working and I already gave the permission to access the internet

moshter11

Post by moshter11 » Jul 28th, '08, 04:24

does anyone else have a problem with tvuplayer? sometimes wen i open the program, the program closes by itself. its getting irritating...

SuperVictoria64

Post by SuperVictoria64 » Jul 29th, '08, 03:44

^ I'd help if I could, but I don't use that program. :( Sorry.

Can anyone help me figure this out...? Another forum I go to posts occasional links like this:

mms://stream4.gekimedia.net/tfmi/wmt2/biglobe/yamashige/yamashige_mh061226_1m.wmv

mms://wms1.avexnet.or.jp/avexnet/favoritex/favoritexlong_2.asf

mms://wms1.avexnet.or.jp/avexnet/navitv/080717_navi6.asf

(etc)

They're streaming links of specific progams, not stations. So my question is -- how did they get ahold of these links? And is there some way to find links to other programs (ie. On-Time (音時間))?

zita

Post by zita » Jul 31st, '08, 18:42

this tvuplayer is amazing oO (well, I only watched @internet explorer...but the 4 jap. channels work great) I think I will download it tomorrow...seems VERY interesting :O

Alpedra

Post by Alpedra » Jul 31st, '08, 19:34

I was away for 2 weeks.. got back to my pc and I have a few things to report about my tvuplayer:

- I feel that the image quality on the japanese channels (specially fujitv and ntv) got a bit worse. I haven´t tried asahi, but TBS definitely seems a bit better than those two. Something to do with the broadcaster, I´m sure
- tvuplayer stopped working suddenly. After opening it, a few seconds later and it crashes.. uninstalled and installed the previous version. Working fine for now.

kuroidc

Post by kuroidc » Aug 1st, '08, 05:09

I hate how ohsama TV and Sony Music Japan doesn't display the name of the music artist or the song title on TVUPlayer

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Aug 1st, '08, 12:49

Does anyone know the password for NTV? For KeyHole TV please. Thanks

texastva

TVUplayer not working

Post by texastva » Aug 1st, '08, 14:58

TVUPlayer has been acting up recently. It won't open for me at all this morning. It has me really POed especially while I am trying to watch Maou.

I would also like the password to the any of the password protected channels on KeyHoleTV.

SuperVictoria64

Post by SuperVictoria64 » Aug 4th, '08, 05:13

I may have found something to help us!

I found this thing called TVBlogPlayer (download here). You can search the database for shows, and then watch them using their software. :) At the moment it isn't working for me, but the concept is promising!
Last edited by SuperVictoria64 on Aug 6th, '08, 04:50, edited 2 times in total.

Alpedra

Post by Alpedra » Aug 5th, '08, 08:32

I went back to the previous tvuplayer version.. works fine (the new version is unusable on my pc.. crashes a few seconds after I open it).

Akareevex

Post by Akareevex » Aug 5th, '08, 12:06

Is it just me, or did some channels disappear of TVU?

Alpedra

Post by Alpedra » Aug 5th, '08, 13:34

Nope.. it´s not just you. No Fuji, Ntv, Tbs or Asahi for now. Hopefully they will come back soon as usual..

zita

Post by zita » Aug 5th, '08, 13:44

yes they aren't available anymore oO I also hope that they come back soon :cry:

Akareevex

Post by Akareevex » Aug 5th, '08, 14:50

Me as well. I wanted to see Shibatora this afternoon and missed it. ;_;

GomiMomi

Post by GomiMomi » Aug 5th, '08, 15:24

:-)
Last edited by GomiMomi on Mar 11th, '10, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

zita

Post by zita » Aug 7th, '08, 18:04

the channels are back :D

Lothringen

Post by Lothringen » Aug 8th, '08, 05:38

SuperVictoria64 wrote:I may have found something to help us!

I found this thing called TVBlogPlayer (download here). You can search the database for shows, and then watch them using their software. :) At the moment it isn't working for me, but the concept is promising!
It looks good
but I can't install the player @__@
oh well

They say afreeca is a good software to watch Japanese tv
but it's hard to setup @_@

SuperVictoria64

Post by SuperVictoria64 » Aug 10th, '08, 20:39

^ Yeah, it doesn't work for me either unfortunately. I've been trying for days. I think you need to download TVBlogPlayer and XV Video (?), and ... I think it may only work on Japanese operating systems. :(