Stream Japanese TV on your computer with KeyHoleTV

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
Dashling

Post by Dashling » Aug 10th, '08, 23:10

Thanks for the heads up, SuperVictoria. I installed it just now and I can open the player just fine, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to work it. (I didn't understand the installation instructions, either.) I downloaded a .tbf file and opened it, but then another window prompts me to open a .asf/.avi/.mpg/.wmv file. :scratch: Eh? Where do I get that? Clicking the Xvideo "Play" links on the site downloads a .tvtl file.

I tried reading the FAQ and the help file, but they didn't do any good. Perhaps someone who speaks Japanese will be kind enough to guide us. :pray:

SuperVictoria64

Post by SuperVictoria64 » Aug 10th, '08, 23:31

Exactly! I think for the .asf/.avi/.mpg/.wmv part we need to have another file, but I don't understand it. I tried translating this page (via Google's translator) and it didn't really help either...

http://trendy.nikkeibp.co.jp/article/co ... 14/115416/

This screencap shows a "XV Video" folder, which didn't seem to come with the TVBlogPlayer installation folders (My Computer > Local Disk > Program Files > MetaCast), so that's why I'm thinking we're missing something.

TVBlogPlayer's site links to this & this. I think it's a Japan-exclusive operating system. :(

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Aug 12th, '08, 09:33

SuperVictoria64 wrote:TVBlogPlayer's site links to this & this. I think it's a Japan-exclusive operating system. :(
That's too bad. :| Seems like it had potential. Maybe I'll try the afreeca thing suggested by Lothringen.

Lothringen

Post by Lothringen » Aug 12th, '08, 13:19

Dashling wrote:
SuperVictoria64 wrote:TVBlogPlayer's site links to this & this. I think it's a Japan-exclusive operating system. :(
That's too bad. :| Seems like it had potential. Maybe I'll try the afreeca thing suggested by Lothringen.
I couldn't get afreeca to work for me. But maybe you can XD
you can go here: http://www.myp2pforum.eu/afreeca/
for the guide xD

dwyanne

Post by dwyanne » Aug 12th, '08, 15:41

Thanx a lot...

That's so amazing...

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Aug 12th, '08, 16:06

Lothringen wrote:I couldn't get afreeca to work for me. But maybe you can XD
you can go here: http://www.myp2pforum.eu/afreeca/
for the guide xD
Thank you! :D

TanieR

Post by TanieR » Aug 17th, '08, 21:51

Streaming Music videos and such.
you can stream Japanese PVs (music videos) on this site, and some other stuff. i hope this is relevant.
http://www.justin.tv/tanier
its good if you're too lazy to click link after link on sites like youtube.

mjscev

Post by mjscev » Aug 29th, '08, 13:57

hi!! i've been reading this thread, and still can't fins answer for my problem. hope anyone here can help me. ONEGAI SHIMASU m(-_-)m

I really want to watch this year 24HOUR TELEVISION program, coz this year it have arashi in it. i've been installing all P2PTV software, and none have work so far. so my question:

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY P2PTV PROGRAM THAT CAN USE PROXY? because my college blocked all P2P connection here. the only working thing here is Skype. Please help me!! thanks in advance

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Aug 30th, '08, 10:41

mjscev wrote:hi!! i've been reading this thread, and still can't fins answer for my problem. hope anyone here can help me. ONEGAI SHIMASU m(-_-)m

I really want to watch this year 24HOUR TELEVISION program, coz this year it have arashi in it. i've been installing all P2PTV software, and none have work so far. so my question:

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY P2PTV PROGRAM THAT CAN USE PROXY? because my college blocked all P2P connection here. the only working thing here is Skype. Please help me!! thanks in advance
Give Hotspot Shield a try -- it's a program that connects you to the HS virtual private network, which in turn connects to the server you want. You may be able to get KHTV/TVU working that way. It's worth a shot. Good luck!

angelfirebabe

Post by angelfirebabe » Aug 31st, '08, 00:16

It always says when I open it that ''server peforms logout Please wait''

what does that mean

i pressed the offline button to try and connect again but it still says that message

Also when i exit and re-open it IT STILL DOES IT :cussing:

Can someone help me out please?

Dino67

Post by Dino67 » Sep 1st, '08, 02:40

Does anyone have a link for the OLD TVU version that worked better than 2.3.7.1 ?

I'd like to reload that one.

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Sep 1st, '08, 03:21

angelfirebabe wrote:It always says when I open it that ''server peforms logout Please wait''

what does that mean

i pressed the offline button to try and connect again but it still says that message

"Server performs logout" means an issue with Keyhole's server, not your computer. They were having problems but it's fine now.
Dino67 wrote:Does anyone have a link for the OLD TVU version that worked better than 2.3.7.1 ?

I'd like to reload that one.
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video ... 3_6_beta_1

Dino67

Post by Dino67 » Sep 1st, '08, 04:38

Thank you , Dashling.

It's working much better than the new version. :-)

Arigatou! Tasukarimashita.

timgorden11

Post by timgorden11 » Sep 2nd, '08, 08:15

Thanks alot for KeyHoleTV & TVUPlayer they both work great.

Does anyone know how i can capture the streaming audio/video from either one?

angelfirebabe

Post by angelfirebabe » Sep 2nd, '08, 13:11

angelfirebabe wrote:It always says when I open it that ''server peforms logout Please wait''

what does that mean

"Server performs logout" means an issue with Keyhole's server, not your computer. They were having problems but it's fine now.

thanks it has been working for me now ^^

kira69

Post by kira69 » Sep 3rd, '08, 01:33

The broadcasters of the Japanese channels on TVU are closing them down. =\ I'm switching to Keyhole even though it doesn't work as well and the quality is terrible in comparison.

Does anyone know how to record using Keyhole, preferably using VLC or something? Thanks.

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Sep 4th, '08, 00:54

Another TV streaming player: http://www.livestation.com/

There's not a lot of Japanese channels yet, but that could change, I suppose :)

kira69

Post by kira69 » Sep 4th, '08, 01:11

AnimeDad wrote:Another TV streaming player: http://www.livestation.com/

There's not a lot of Japanese channels yet, but that could change, I suppose :)
Wow! The speed and quality is great! And it rocks that you can watch it in your browser. Thanks! X)

biggirl20

Post by biggirl20 » Sep 4th, '08, 14:49

does livestation has NTV & fuji & tbs?

kira69

Post by kira69 » Sep 4th, '08, 14:52

biggirl20 wrote:does livestation has NTV & fuji & tbs?
I managed to find TBS, but not the rest.

Dino67

Post by Dino67 » Sep 4th, '08, 15:26

On livestation, I did Search: Japan, and found TV Tokyo and TBS.

biggirl20

Post by biggirl20 » Sep 4th, '08, 15:30

oh man~~ :[

jus now unable to connect to keyhole.. luckily im managed to connect to keyhole and i've finished wif my newszero.. 8DDDDD

*20th century boys ;]

Dino67

Post by Dino67 » Sep 4th, '08, 17:11

biggirl20 wrote:oh man~~ :[

jus now unable to connect to keyhole.. luckily im managed to connect to keyhole and i've finished wif my newszero.. 8DDDDD

*20th century boys ;]
It's working fine with me now. ANime on TBS.

biggirl20

Post by biggirl20 » Sep 5th, '08, 04:11

ya.. after i caught my show and it's fine.. =.=
hope tml will be fine.. or the broadcaster of the japanese channels on tvu get back NTV ASAP. :[

mswashu

Post by mswashu » Sep 9th, '08, 14:44

OMG you're going to make me late for work with this. THANK YOU!!!

hide01

NEW NEW NEW

Post by hide01 » Sep 16th, '08, 17:05

Here you can watch a lot of Japanese channels (ntv,tbs,fuji,asahi,tv-tokyo) for 20 Euros only.

http://tvjpn.web.fc2.com/cm.htm

BlaqNumbr9

Post by BlaqNumbr9 » Sep 16th, '08, 19:39

Thanks for this post. I never knew these players existed.

khaibest

Post by khaibest » Sep 17th, '08, 00:48

hi!!i juz to really confirm this for the last time..
is it true that all japanese channels in tvu are permanently erased?

Alpedra

Post by Alpedra » Sep 25th, '08, 15:51

Might be. They´ve been offline for 2 weeks..

blackskies

Post by blackskies » Oct 1st, '08, 04:48

Hey! Being new here, I have a question or two...

Through what I've read in this thread (quite a few pages, actually) some channels will be picked up by KeyHole TV and some won't, depending on signal. Channels like WOWOW and NHK?

Because I thought NHK can't be streamed, and I've certainly tried looking. The same goes for WOWOW - I have no idea where to get it.

Is this true, or am I missing something? Because there are a few things I'd def. like to watch :D

Feffiroff

Post by Feffiroff » Oct 5th, '08, 11:10

Edited to hopefully increase server bandwidth, hooo~
Last edited by Feffiroff on Oct 19th, '08, 13:00, edited 2 times in total.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 5th, '08, 11:26

woa Thank you so much :lol !!

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Oct 5th, '08, 16:33

Feffiroff

I don't understand what do you mean by Windows 2000 and XP, you mean you have XP but Windows 2000 codec works for it?

NeoEdo

Post by NeoEdo » Oct 5th, '08, 16:55

Wow, thanks so much Feffiroff!!
I've always wanted to find streams like this.

Watching 24 dubbed in Japanese sounds like im playing Metal Gear Solid, haha.

Thanks again for sharing this links!!

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Oct 5th, '08, 17:22

WOW. Awesome! There's hope for me to watch TFP2 now! Thank you!

Feffiroff

Post by Feffiroff » Oct 5th, '08, 17:36

Ginoru wrote:Feffiroff

I don't understand what do you mean by Windows 2000 and XP, you mean you have XP but Windows 2000 codec works for it?
Nah, I just have both 2000 and XP installed on my PC, but my XP's internet is a bit unstable ('cause of all the softwares I have installed that work in the background), so sometimes I can't connect to the streams :P
I barely use the Windows 2000 partition, so it's more stable and clean. Nothing to do with codecs :) Hope I didn't confuse anyone...

And you're all welcome! :lol

zita

Post by zita » Oct 5th, '08, 18:42

thank you soo much for the streams :O :O damn..if I had seen this earlier, than I'd have seen gaki no tsukai XD

zeox

Post by zeox » Oct 6th, '08, 00:06

Thanks a bunch for the stream links! tv-tokyo is awesome! :D :mrgreen:

kyara86

Post by kyara86 » Oct 6th, '08, 07:59

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! :dance:
I was desperately searching for an alternative to TVU because my pc crushes everytime...hopefully now I can see my yellowrenjaa in action in TFP2!!!
Aahh, ureshii desu!! thank you so much!!! :D

Meecha

Post by Meecha » Oct 6th, '08, 15:14

hmm the streams work for you guys?
i keep getting this message
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct.
help :unsure:

zeox

Post by zeox » Oct 6th, '08, 15:34

Meecha wrote:hmm the streams work for you guys?
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct.
Try using VLC instead :)
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Oct 7th, '08, 13:41

Feffiroff

Thanks for the explanation :) Unfortunately i only have XP :(

LanBreak

Post by LanBreak » Oct 13th, '08, 10:11

I've compiled Feffiroff's streams into a single playlist to make for easier channel switching. I couldn't get the second mirror to work on my connection, so I've included only the gundam.eu links.

I've attached the playlist in two versions, one just contains the stream information, while the other also includes the channel names - however, there might be some issues with bad encodings depending on the media player you use. On my Ubuntu box it works perfectly in smplayer, but there are some issues with Totem and VLC - if you've got any trouble, just stick to the plain version.

Edit: The streams are actually being provided by Zettai Horrible Raws. Stream capacities are quite limited, so keep in mind to TURN OFF THE STREAMS when you're not watching. Also, consider donating to keep the servers running if you use the streams on a regular basis.
Attachments
J-TV-Playlists.zip
Playlist (plain & w/titles)
(1.16 KiB) Downloaded 984 times
Last edited by LanBreak on Oct 19th, '08, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.

-Mika-

Post by -Mika- » Oct 15th, '08, 14:48

zeox wrote:
Meecha wrote:hmm the streams work for you guys?
Try using VLC instead :)
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
ehh.. I also get that error in WMP, but when I tried it at VLC... nothing open.. @_@ I dunno what's wrong with my pc.. any of u know how to play it there? any settings, others? thanks..

Meecha

Post by Meecha » Oct 15th, '08, 15:27

^ try the list posted by LanBreak
i used it with Winamp and it works fine now :)

Nee-kun

Post by Nee-kun » Oct 17th, '08, 10:05

There is channel which do not work (it is the most important). The channel which do not work at home is: Tv Tokyo, TBS, NTV, Fuji tv, asahi tv and NHK. How to get back them? :cry:

Lothringen

Post by Lothringen » Oct 17th, '08, 11:35

@ Nee-kun
It's a server problem really, nothing we can do about it
(I blame the webmasters for that XD)

LanBreak

Post by LanBreak » Oct 17th, '08, 12:08

Obviously, the capacities for the streams are quite limited; too many viewers and the servers can't handle them anymore. The way I understand it, there's a viewer limit for each of the streams, and if that limit has already been reached, you're out of luck. I believe that the group at http://www.horribleraws.eu/ is hosting the mms streams, so their IRC channel might be a place to check out for news regarding server status.

And they've also got a nice little PayPal button asking for donations to expand on their hosting capacities - if you really need live TV that much, that's something worth considering.

Edit:
As for certain channels being unavailable at peak times, you might try to watch the Kansai area stations instead - most terebi dorama are aired all over the country, so if you find that you can't tune in to TV Asahi, just try ABC, or MBS instead of TBS etc.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Oct 17th, '08, 13:00

I knew that the people would have figured out about this here... the load basically killed their severs and now all of them are down, on top of that, no updates. I'm camping in teh IRC channel but afraid of +kb for asking. -_-

I've donated, of course. I just hope they come back up -- It's a good service.

chocolateone

Hacking by Zettai Horrible Raws

Post by chocolateone » Oct 17th, '08, 16:10

Today, J Network Service has modified their IP address for the Kantoh area stations and the Kansai area stations will changed soon in order to
shutdown the Zettai Horrible Raws.

Ryuuta

Post by Ryuuta » Oct 17th, '08, 16:59

is it really true?

I hope it isn't.....but if it's true......ahh I hate my very bad luck >-<
first TVU..then the streams....and keyhole is not really watchable (I hate such quality)

zita

Post by zita » Oct 17th, '08, 17:24

omg!! now I got used to it and now it doesn't work anymore aaaaaaah :(

moguc

Post by moguc » Oct 17th, '08, 20:35

by this morning no longer works ........:( why?

Lothringen

Post by Lothringen » Oct 17th, '08, 23:38

LanBreak wrote:Obviously, the capacities for the streams are quite limited; too many viewers and the servers can't handle them anymore. The way I understand it, there's a viewer limit for each of the streams, and if that limit has already been reached, you're out of luck. I believe that the group at http://www.horribleraws.eu/ is hosting the mms streams, so their IRC channel might be a place to check out for news regarding server status.

And they've also got a nice little PayPal button asking for donations to expand on their hosting capacities - if you really need live TV that much, that's something worth considering.
Yeah it's pretty loaded due to the JPOP fans and the anime fans using the streams. I avoided giving the link to the website to avoid server overloads. Oh well. Oh, Waryas is online, now's a good time to ask questions XD

And peak times are usually when Naruto, Gundam 00, One Piece airs. From what I remember what Waryas told me, the other servers crashed when Naruto aired XD

But as of now, it is announced that all servers are down :)

And a tip: turn off the streams when you're not watching XD. It could also make the servers go down as well due to bandwidth lost XD

crocus

Post by crocus » Oct 17th, '08, 23:44

yes... i watch gundam 00 myself... it's crazy since everybody knows about this... it was less loaded before...

but, right now, only waryas server is working but just wait when the peak time come...

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Oct 17th, '08, 23:57

I didn't tell anyone about the streams and I actually dreaded this place finding out because I knew once d-a found out the severs were gonna go down because unlike the anime fans that watch, people on d-a actually watch japanese television....

... so **** :(

A few streams are up at the moment but no guarentees of staying up. I suggest that people donate and support it since its one hell of a product and servive they're providing.

crocus

Post by crocus » Oct 18th, '08, 00:03

yes... lady mercury, you're so right...
i need it for gundam 00 and bleach, that's why i did the donation...

yes, this is my fault either for putting the streaming links on my site but there's only few people that i notice dropped by my site, it's not popular at all... but, at the moment i saw the links are up at d-a, i know this will happen...

Lothringen

Post by Lothringen » Oct 18th, '08, 00:11

I know it's pretty depressing.
since I've been using HR since july (then on august they had the hiatus) T____T;; now I'm so lost to where I can find live anime XD
-sighs-

and I'm even looking forward to watch Soul Eater on Monday too @___@;

crocus

Post by crocus » Oct 18th, '08, 00:14

lothringen... you say it! me too! i need soul eater!

Ryuuta

Post by Ryuuta » Oct 18th, '08, 00:33

I already have known about the streams since shortly after japanese channels on TVU went down (I used a little trick to found out)
and if I were you I wouldn't have post the streams here because here are thousands of users and with this you will only hurt yourself and now you see what happend

(and I know my bad luck...the streams will be dead when I want to watch something)

Lothringen

Post by Lothringen » Oct 18th, '08, 00:36

Yeah mms streams are really unstable
look what happened to ranka.hennyz ... it never came back o______o

I just hope TVU comes back -_-;
and we all know Keyhole is ...

LanBreak

Post by LanBreak » Oct 18th, '08, 05:27

Actually I'm a bit torn regarding voices that "this place should never have known about the streams". In retrospect, putting up the playlist might have been a mistake, but then the links were already out, and the file itself has only been downloaded about 250 times.

Yes, if all of these people decide to watch something at the same time, we'll already end up "losing"more than 10% of the gundam.eu slots (according to HorribleRaws, that server has a 2000 user limit), but then d-addicts isn't quite the only place where people found out... try searching the 'net for "stream.gundam.eu", you'll get about 70.000 results including forum threads and blog posts where people posted the links. So... yes, if the addresses of the server were to change, I wouldn't upload a list like this again, as the egoist in my really wants to watch stupid morning "news" programmes before going to bed, just to keep up with "what's on" in Japan. But I find it hard to believe that d-addicts viewers alone are somewhat responsible for taking down the servers, when it's been all over the net already.

Question: (and yes, I actually still HAVE to donate, just found out about the streams a couple of days ago and just didn't get around to do it yet). Maybe some of you guys who are in touch with the HR guys can give an answer to that, but wouldn't it be rather easy to set up password protection for the streams? How about setting up another dedicated server, and giving the password to those who make a certain donation. I don't know about you, but I for one wouldn't go around posting links and user/pw data if I'd just shelled out some money for the service. I don't mind sharing "free" beer, but I would be seriously annoyed when others start to get drunk on the beer I paid.
Do you know if this topic has ever come up amongst the HR guys? I would've asked in the IRC channel yesterday, but then I saw a couple of people getting kicked for asking about the stream, so it didn't really feel like a good time to ask.

And then... if anybody's really desperate, they can actually sign up for J Network Services... don't know how trustworthy that site is, but if they're legit, then their monthly fee (around 6000 Yen, I think) isn't THAT expensive for a reliable streaming experience.

Ugh. This is turning into a longer rant than expected, so I'll cut this short (especially as my wireless keyboard is just going crazy on me). It's a real pity that mms streams can't work like BitTorrent, where it's the other way around and "more users" mean "better speed" for most of the time.

As for the anime issue... well, I stopped watching anime years ago, so I didn't bother finding out, but aren't HR doing raw uploads of the shows anyway? So unless you absolutely have to watch them live, you can still get them from their tracker, even if the live streams are down... or am I completely off track here?

crocus

Post by crocus » Oct 18th, '08, 10:58

as for me, of course i can download all the anime but downloading takes time, i just want to watch it in real time. i normally do not download anime, i buy them, i mean their cds/dvds. i only download one or two shows, either than that, i watch them in real time first before buying them.

Lothringen

Post by Lothringen » Oct 18th, '08, 11:42

For anime, I like watching it in real time even if it's crappier than the ones I download since I can practice my Japanese hearing skills. and mainly, the service was meant for anime, just look at the index page =P. and some fansubbers are ridiculously slow XD hahaha.

And it's kinda irritating when other posters (well I'm not referring to d-a anymore =P) just post the links and not the index page of the actual website. I bet most of the people do not really know who provides these streams hence they don't know the peer capacity of it and just turn on the stream 24/7 amazed by the mms live streams.

Before they do have passwords on those streams and the only one accessible was the /live, /wowow and /animax channel, for other channels it was blocked with a password. I don't really know what happened and they became generous XD haha. (just look at their IRC channel it's so unfriendly XD. but then again they are friendly when you ask them stuff that are not really dumb or stupid) But you have a brilliant idea, you can ask them now since no one is bothering them about the streams anymore XD

Yeah, not really fighting with you. I'm just kinda irritated that server 2 is down -_-; It really feels like your sanctuary was invaded by aliens, I think that's what the others feel (including myself) when they said "this place should never have known about the streams". IMO, most of the blogs and forums and etc really got the links here since before the links were posted in d-a you can only find 5 results when you type in stream.gundam.eu. And d-a is really popular XD

I just wish I know someone in Japan so I can buy a slingbox and send it to him/her >D

and J Network Services is kind of a rip off since you have to pay monthly XD. I suggest you find a friend in Japan, buy a slingbox and send it to him/her. And yay, no more monthly fees
Last edited by Lothringen on Oct 19th, '08, 06:40, edited 1 time in total.

LanBreak

Post by LanBreak » Oct 18th, '08, 13:05

Good point there about people not telling where they originally found the streams. Somehow makes you wonder if the original posters found out on HR, or some other site... well, if everybody had heard of the IRC channel as well, there'd been even more +kb-ing than we've seen yesterday. However I still believe that some sort of wall (or laser fence) to keep the aliens outside would be passwords, as the idea of "keeping something secret on the internet" is sort of contradictory in itself. ... this of course, provided that HR actually WANTS people to stay out. Maybe they're really not interested in the hassle, just saying "well, enjoy it while it lasts, and let's all be responsible about how we use this". Would actually be interesting to see some usage statistics, I guess.

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing the /live /wowow and /animax channels a couple of months ago, but I quickly forgot about them again. I think they didn't last very long back then, with the stream dropping every couple of minutes and stuff... what we've got (for) now is something completely different, very much more polished experience - actually, the playlist I'm using responds much faster for Japanese TV than the software for my USB tuner to watch local TV...

Oh, and I'm absolutely not trying to pick a fight over this. I understand where you're coming from, and before uploading the original gundam.eu playlist I had some concerns as well... but then I thought, "well the links are already out, so maybe it wouldn't hurt..."... (I can't help but think of the current vgcats.com episode right now..)

I'm intrigued by the slingbox stuff... I've only heard of Sony's LocationFree Player, which seems to me a bit troublesome to set up, and the Taiwanese Frioo box, which is somewhat difficult to obtain at the moment. Slingbox seems a bit more "open" to me, and I guess you could even outfit a light-weight machine with MythBox and get the same results for even less money. My friends in Japan aren't probably tech-savvy enough to do either, and then I'd feel kind of bad to bother anybody "just because I want to watch some TV shows", but I'll keep this solution in mind if I'll be able to make the move to Japan, to get some shows to the folks at home.

As for the monthly payments... again, not picking a fight, but I just got to have a different take on this... try to tell your internet provider or power company that their monthly payments are some kind of a rip-off, and watch the funny twitching in their faces ;). Even with the slingbox solution you have a certain amount of monthly cost, be it power consumption, your ADSL connection, or network fees (NHK costs around 1700-2400 Yen per month), and all of a sudden you'll find yourself a big step closer towards those 6000 Yen JNS are asking for. I mean, there are a lot of people who don't mind paying extra fees for cable tv, or pay-per-view sports and movie broadcasts, so if like these people you'd think of it as "investing some money in your hobby" you wouldn't feel like somebody is stealing your savings anymore.

Only selling your organs. A little. :)

The thing that bothers me a bit about JNS is that I can't be sure if it's legit (and that they restrict their services to Windows machines). Yes, they've got all that legal mumbo-jumbo on their page, but I don't even get that stuff in my native language, so...
IF, on the other hand, we'd see the major networks kicking off a similar internet-based broadcast for a reasonable fee, I probably wouldn't hesitate subscribing.

Edit: Just lurking around on the #HR channel, and Waryas mentioned that they'd like to keep everything free, and just use the donations to keep the servers running. So, once again, if you enjoy the streams just think about it, in case you haven't already donated.

Feffiroff

Post by Feffiroff » Oct 18th, '08, 20:27

Hmm... should I remove my post with the links...? Might help the servers a bit.
I was just thinking that I would share some streams with you guys, but looks like it wasn't such a good idea <.<

Yargh... good intentions gone wrong...

Lothringen

Post by Lothringen » Oct 19th, '08, 01:05

Feffiroff wrote:Hmm... should I remove my post with the links...? Might help the servers a bit.
I was just thinking that I would share some streams with you guys, but looks like it wasn't such a good idea <.<

Yargh... good intentions gone wrong...
No need, your intentions were really goood :) I bet most people really appreciated it XD. And like what LanBreak said, everything would depend on how the people would use the streams, if they use it irresponsibly then everyone would bear the consequences. Haha, if only I'm rich enough to provide my own server (and yes, I do plan on donating XD)

BTW, does JNS really provide 'Japanese cable'? XD Haha, when I clicked on one of the agents the agents were only selling surplus Japanese goods o_o; Okay maybe I'm lost XD hahahaha (but yeah, the fee is more expensive than my electric bill XD hahaha)

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Oct 19th, '08, 01:40

I just think openly posting the links without any like regard for the host was wrong. There was rules to how to play nice with the stream sites and people just ran and took advantage of it. It bums me out cause I watched on server 2, the high quality stream, and now its down on hiatus probably due to overload.

It just makes me angry, that's all.

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Oct 19th, '08, 02:15

Ladymercury wrote:I just think openly posting the links without any like regard for the host was wrong. There was rules to how to play nice with the stream sites and people just ran and took advantage of it. It bums me out cause I watched on server 2, the high quality stream, and now its down on hiatus probably due to overload.

I hear you. I found the HR site by myself recently, tried it and, man(!), it's golden for those that don't have j-tv access in other countries. But since I don't know any japanese these streams are useless to me, but I bow my head to those that can provide these kind of services and if ppl, that regulary watch the streams, also donates. Nobody likes leechers.
I also think that posting these links wasn't the best idea since ppl in general are greedy :P (no offence to anyone, lol), but the person had good intentions I believe.

shadow-of-sin

Post by shadow-of-sin » Oct 19th, '08, 07:11

yay a linux version of keyhole tv :D

And to those arguing about posting streaming links here: imo it won't make a difference. If you really wanted to find Japanese TV streams its not that hard ("mms japanese tv" and "I'm Feeling Lucky" did the trick for me).

LanBreak

Post by LanBreak » Oct 19th, '08, 09:57

Feffiroff wrote: Hmm... should I remove my post with the links...? Might help the servers a bit.
I for one am grateful, as I'd completely forgotten about the streams, and Keyhole isn't really much of an alternative. Just out of curiosity: did you find the streams at HR, or did you discover them somewhere else?
Lothringen wrote: BTW, does JNS really provide 'Japanese cable'? XD Haha, when I clicked on one of the agents the agents were only selling surplus Japanese goods o_o; Okay maybe I'm lost XD hahahaha (but yeah, the fee is more expensive than my electric bill XD hahaha)
Hmm... I think you can get two basic "sets" of analog TV for 6000 Yen each, covering the Kantou and Kansai regions respectively. Then there's a couple of options for satellite feeds like the NHK-BS channels, but also Wowow, for an additional 1000 Yen per channel. Basically they've got about the same selection as HR is providing right now. I don't know of any service having "real" cable TV with sports or music events...
LadyMercury wrote: I just think openly posting the links without any like regard for the host was wrong. There was rules to how to play nice with the stream sites and people just ran and took advantage of it. It bums me out cause I watched on server 2, the high quality stream, and now its down on hiatus probably due to overload.

I edited my playlist post to reflect on that. (Though there aren't probably many more people downloading it, as it's already a couple of pages down). You're probably right about alot of people "abusing" the streams, but again, it's rather impossible to hide a secret on the internet - and as far as I understood it HR want to keep the streams free, so that's just the way it is for now.

As for the high quality streams... I guess I'll try to catch you in #hr afterwards. Just trying to keep secrets on the internet ... moot effort, though 8)

Feffiroff

Post by Feffiroff » Oct 19th, '08, 12:56

LanBreak wrote:I for one am grateful, as I'd completely forgotten about the streams, and Keyhole isn't really much of an alternative. Just out of curiosity: did you find the streams at HR, or did you discover them somewhere else?
I found them by random googling and one result linked me to the txt-file...
And I'll remove the links in my post, 'cause I really don't want this service to go away.

Lothringen

Post by Lothringen » Oct 19th, '08, 14:42

shadow-of-sin wrote:
And to those arguing about posting streaming links here: imo it won't make a difference. If you really wanted to find Japanese TV streams its not that hard ("mms japanese tv" and "I'm Feeling Lucky" did the trick for me).
Not everybody knows about the mms technology :whistling: but yeah your keywords are the one that lead me there in the first place XD hahaha (I was desperately trying to make afreeca work on my pc then stumbled my way there XD)

LanBreak wrote:Hmm... I think you can get two basic "sets" of analog TV for 6000 Yen each, covering the Kantou and Kansai regions respectively. Then there's a couple of options for satellite feeds like the NHK-BS channels, but also Wowow, for an additional 1000 Yen per channel. Basically they've got about the same selection as HR is providing right now. I don't know of any service having "real" cable TV with sports or music events...
Yeah it's pretty confusing o_O;wow... 1000 Yen per Channel. Not bad if you want few additional channels XD
Feffiroff wrote: I found them by random googling and one result linked me to the txt-file...
And I'll remove the links in my post, 'cause I really don't want this service to go away.
Or you can add the rules on how to use the streams and the link to the donate button. That way, if many would donate, streams would be of very good quality and we wouldn't have to worry about server overloads. The reason why I was really pissed off is because of the abuse.
(yeah the aliens I was talking about was the people who abuses the streams XD)

@ Ladymercury: it's back now. I just hope it would last long enough this time o_o;

and LanBreak, there are people who don't really use google XD. So many people already asked me on how to record, watch, etc. So yeah... it's still possible to keep secrets of the internet from people who don't use search engines 8)

TonyFlakes

Post by TonyFlakes » Oct 23rd, '08, 07:24

EDIT
Last edited by TonyFlakes on Oct 23rd, '08, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.

zita

Post by zita » Oct 23rd, '08, 08:15

OMG!!! it really works again :D :D :D :D :D :D

I think it should be possible to make posts which only registered users can see. From 500 users who are watching this site are only approx. 30 registered...that would decrease the number of watchers extremely :D (except the people who know the links..but I think many of them deleted the links on their "notepad" because they didn't work for a long time..) :whistling: :whistling: