Stream Japanese TV on your computer with KeyHoleTV

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Feb 2nd, '08, 12:58

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Nande...??? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Is there another program like this with which I can watch Shounen Club?

stshores24

Post by stshores24 » Feb 9th, '08, 04:15

Thanks for posting this! :mrgreen:

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Feb 9th, '08, 21:12

Awww man! :(

I can't get it to work!!! i have Windows 2000, I downloaded all of the things from the link and it it still not working... says that the "dynamic link library gdiplus.dll could not be found"

Did anyone else get this message???

EDIT :

NEVERMIND!!!! Got it to work!!! I went online and downloaded the gdiplus.dll and added it to the keyhole tv folder and it suddenly worked!!!

Thank you!!! This is the frickin coolest!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Rollins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Stream Japanese TV on your computer with KeyHoleTV

Post by Rollins » Feb 11th, '08, 23:13

Dashling wrote: Channel Listing: (current as of Feb. 2, 2008)

The channel names don't appear to be the actual names of the channels, so it took me a while to figure out which one was which since I can't read anything other than English fluently. :roll If anyone understands what they say, I'd be interested in knowing what they mean. Anyway, here's a little guide for identifying the channels -- find the channel by using the names/labels.

Image = Fuji TV
Image = NTV
Image = TBS
Image = TV Asahi
Image = TV Tokyo
Image = Tokyo MX

And that's it. Happy watching! :D
It seems that for most of them, the name actually corresponds to the station's HQ/main studio where it is being broadcasting from.

Fuji TV = "From Odaiba" (Fuji TV HQ/Main Studio)
TBS = "From Akasaka" (TBS HQ/Main Studio)
TV Asahi = "From Roppongi" (TV Asahi HQ/Main Studio)
TV Tokyo = "From Tennozu" (TV Tokyo Studio)
Tokyo MX = "From Chiyoda-ku" (Tokyo MX HQ/Main Studio)

Not sure what "yomi yomi" would mean for NTV however...If I figure it out I'll update.

In any case, great find! I've downloaded my copy. There goes my free time, haha.

voth

Post by voth » Feb 11th, '08, 23:39

JC

Post by JC » Feb 12th, '08, 03:24

Holy frick! This looks awesome.

*hits link and downloads*

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Feb 12th, '08, 06:49

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:Awww man! :(

I can't get it to work!!! i have Windows 2000, I downloaded all of the things from the link and it it still not working... says that the "dynamic link library gdiplus.dll could not be found"

Did anyone else get this message???

EDIT :

NEVERMIND!!!! Got it to work!!! I went online and downloaded the gdiplus.dll and added it to the keyhole tv folder and it suddenly worked!!!

Thank you!!! This is the frickin coolest!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Glad to hear it worked for you. So it's possible to run on Win2K after all. :)
Rollins wrote:It seems that for most of them, the name actually corresponds to the station's HQ/main studio where it is being broadcasting from.

Fuji TV = "From Odaiba" (Fuji TV HQ/Main Studio)
TBS = "From Akasaka" (TBS HQ/Main Studio)
TV Asahi = "From Roppongi" (TV Asahi HQ/Main Studio)
TV Tokyo = "From Tennozu" (TV Tokyo Studio)
Tokyo MX = "From Chiyoda-ku" (Tokyo MX HQ/Main Studio)

Not sure what "yomi yomi" would mean for NTV however...If I figure it out I'll update.

In any case, great find! I've downloaded my copy. There goes my free time, haha.
Thank you for the translation! :D That seems consistent with the style of labeling for the previous channel lineup. It'd be much easier to figure out if they could just put the station names, though. :glare:

As a reminder to everyone, please occasionally re-check the first post for the current channel list. I won't announce every single time there's an edit (to avoid spamming this thread), but I will update the post when there's a major change. Or if anyone has any changes to suggest, please feel free to let me know.

Aoky16

Re: Stream Japanese TV on your computer with KeyHoleTV

Post by Aoky16 » Feb 13th, '08, 17:26

Hi! I'm using this program to watch JapaneseTV and i've got a question, if someone answer me i will be very thankful.
And this is my question:
Anybody know how can i recording KeyHoleTV in my computer?

I found a page that i could do it but my sister put something to reset the webs and i forgot which is the direction of the page...please can someone help me???

Thanks a lot for your help...

psych0chic27

Post by psych0chic27 » Feb 14th, '08, 19:59

i am using this program to check out what shows are currently airing. i used it today, but somehow most of the channels doesn't have any sound and only one channel has sounds. does anyone else experience the same problem? :unsure:

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Feb 14th, '08, 21:39

psych0chic27 wrote:i am using this program to check out what shows are currently airing. i used it today, but somehow most of the channels doesn't have any sound and only one channel has sounds. does anyone else experience the same problem? :unsure:
That has happened to me twice but I stop the program, close out and restart after a minute or two and the sound kicks in. Sound is working for me at the time of this post. Hope it works for you! :)
Glad to hear it worked for you. So it's possible to run on Win2K after all. :)
Thank you! I really enhoy watching the programs streaming! I barely understand a word but I can figure out what is going on! Hopefully it will help me pick up some Japanese as well! :D

For anyone that is running Windows 2000 here is the link for the gdiplus.dll that the program seems to need to make it run.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-f ... ml?gdiplus

Hope this helps others as much as it helped me! :D

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Feb 14th, '08, 22:32

Aoky16 wrote:Hi! I'm using this program to watch JapaneseTV and i've got a question, if someone answer me i will be very thankful.
And this is my question:
Anybody know how can i recording KeyHoleTV in my computer?

I found a page that i could do it but my sister put something to reset the webs and i forgot which is the direction of the page...please can someone help me???

Thanks a lot for your help...
KeyHoleTV doesn't appear to use a regular streaming player like Windows Media Player or RealPlayer, so I don't know of anything that can directly record the video from the program. But there are screencasting tools like Camtasia (free trial) and Camstudio (free) that can record your computer screen, and I think they can be adjusted to record a certain area. Maybe one of those will work?
psych0chic27 wrote:i am using this program to check out what shows are currently airing. i used it today, but somehow most of the channels doesn't have any sound and only one channel has sounds. does anyone else experience the same problem? :unsure:
It's because they've started testing and using new sound encoders. They also released Version 3.01 today, which works with the new encoders, so please update your software. :D

psych0chic27

Post by psych0chic27 » Feb 15th, '08, 20:11

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:That has happened to me twice but I stop the program, close out and restart after a minute or two and the sound kicks in. Sound is working for me at the time of this post. Hope it works for you! :)
sadly, i tried that many times but i was still not getting any sounds. :-( i just downloaded the latest version and the sound worked there.
Dashling wrote:It's because they've started testing and using new sound encoders. They also released Version 3.01 today, which works with the new encoders, so please update your software. :D
thanks for the info! i did download their newest version and the sound works now. :-)

a little ot but i just want to ask, i noticed they also added more channels, as i see nhk world premium is listed. is this the channel where shounen club premium is shown?

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Feb 15th, '08, 22:08

psych0chic27 wrote:a little ot but i just want to ask, i noticed they also added more channels, as i see nhk world premium is listed. is this the channel where shounen club premium is shown?
Yes, Shounen Club airs on NHK-BS2, NHK-BShi, and NHK World Premium.

From the NHK World Premium site:

Pop Music Club
Sun 22:10-23:00
Johnny's Jr., an idol group, with many fans ranging from the teens to the 20's, will bring a song and dance entertainment show on NHK Hall's stage.

ec0198

Post by ec0198 » Feb 16th, '08, 04:15

after installing the latest version (3.01) there's no more video lag or audio problem with musical performances or loud sounds. this is really awesome.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Feb 18th, '08, 03:18

really.. i just goit a laptop and then i went to dowload the programaso i got the latest version.. so NHK Pemilum i the on with shonen club?

wing_goddess

Post by wing_goddess » Feb 18th, '08, 07:54

gahhh~! love the latest update ^__^
more channels and better quality = <3 !

psych0chic27

Post by psych0chic27 » Feb 19th, '08, 02:20

Dashling wrote:
psych0chic27 wrote:a little ot but i just want to ask, i noticed they also added more channels, as i see nhk world premium is listed. is this the channel where shounen club premium is shown?
Yes, Shounen Club airs on NHK-BS2, NHK-BShi, and NHK World Premium.

From the NHK World Premium site:

Pop Music Club
Sun 22:10-23:00
Johnny's Jr., an idol group, with many fans ranging from the teens to the 20's, will bring a song and dance entertainment show on NHK Hall's stage.
thanks for the reply! i missed it though as i have work that day :-( i'm really loving the new version it seems that the quality of the sound and video improved. :-)

Rinoa246

Post by Rinoa246 » Feb 20th, '08, 23:08

this is so cool, but I'm trying to help my friend see it on her PC but the video isn't showing up, does it need a plug-in or something of the sort?

laurasj87

Post by laurasj87 » Feb 21st, '08, 21:58

I have a problem...

I can´t see the channels´ names in japanese. I only can see squares.... :cry:

This is what I see.

Do I need any software to read japanese languaje? :scratch:

natynhaps

Post by natynhaps » Feb 21st, '08, 22:22

i'm seeing th same thing as laurasj87..

=\

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Feb 21st, '08, 23:42

means your computer doesn't see Japanese anguage.. i had it on m old computer but since i got m laptop i can see Japanese language

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Feb 22nd, '08, 01:29

Rinoa246 wrote:this is so cool, but I'm trying to help my friend see it on her PC but the video isn't showing up, does it need a plug-in or something of the sort?
Could you describe the problem? Is the picture blurry? Is there still sound?

laurasj87 and natynhaps, you probably need to install Japanese fonts on your computers. To do this, go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages tab and check the "Install files for East Asian languages" box. Step 1 of the page http://www.coscom.co.jp/help3/jpfont/jpfont.html has good installation instructions for this.

laurasj87

Post by laurasj87 » Feb 22nd, '08, 02:59

Dashling wrote: laurasj87 and natynhaps, you probably need to install Japanese fonts on your computers. To do this, go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages tab and check the "Install files for East Asian languages" box. Step 1 of the page http://www.coscom.co.jp/help3/jpfont/jpfont.html has good installation instructions for this.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! IT WORKED OUT! :cheers: :cheers:

natynhaps

Post by natynhaps » Feb 22nd, '08, 03:46

Dashling wrote: laurasj87 and natynhaps, you probably need to install Japanese fonts on your computers. To do this, go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages tab and check the "Install files for East Asian languages" box. Step 1 of the page http://www.coscom.co.jp/help3/jpfont/jpfont.html has good installation instructions for this.
Thaaaaaaaaaaaanks..
It worked here too..!!

^^

snowflakez

Post by snowflakez » Feb 22nd, '08, 13:02

Thank you!! :wub:

I'm a bit confused though. Is the latest version 3.01 or 3.02? :unsure:

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Feb 22nd, '08, 13:27

snowflakez wrote: I'm a bit confused though. Is the latest version 3.01 or 3.02? :unsure:
Lastest version is 3.02, I've just downloaded and installed it.

docipain

Post by docipain » Feb 24th, '08, 01:57

Right now I noticed that there is a channel called "1" but it has a password....does anyone know the pw? o.O

Edit: Okay forget about it..it just said..it ended...so I guess it will also be a new channel which is just being tested right now :roll

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Feb 24th, '08, 02:10

hey Dashling, "did you ever know that you're my heeeee~roooo~?" O_O;;
Thanks for sharing this invaluable info!

teresian

Post by teresian » Feb 24th, '08, 02:26

Thank you so much! This is fantastic! :w00t:

triva

Post by triva » Feb 24th, '08, 03:15

Anyone know what happen to Fuji Tv. It was on for 2 days. Then today it's just wasn't on the program. This sucked because one piece was on today><. Also since i downlaod this i got to watch Shin-chan live on Friday. Do you know how hard it is to find these episode on the Internet in raw format. Also thanks you so much for finding this program.By the way i am kinda of new to this site.

area5800

Post by area5800 » Feb 24th, '08, 20:05

sabeis que le pasa no puedo ver tv tokio a alguien le sucede los mismo

ruisu

Post by ruisu » Feb 24th, '08, 21:51

Do I have to open any ports on my router? Because I only get a message saying "cannot log in. check your network"
----

Nevermind it works now.

triva

Post by triva » Feb 25th, '08, 01:33

ruisu wrote:Do I have to open any ports on my router? Because I only get a message saying "cannot log in. check your network"
----

Nevermind it works now.
Yep all of a sudden i am getting that same message. It's is was working fine until today. Can some one plz tell me how to fix this problem?

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Feb 25th, '08, 02:30

I think the servers are down right now. It's not working here either.

Fuji TV and TV Tokyo are still there, but TV Asahi was missing the last time I checked.

ETA: Back to working now.

ETA 2: TV Asahi is back under a new label.

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Feb 27th, '08, 06:45

Has NHK ever been on this channel list in any incarnation? I'm itching to find a streaming version of it.

I also wish future updates would include a vcr type program with a timer, because all the good shows are on at like 4 and 5 am! sooo frustrating.

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Feb 27th, '08, 07:37

NHK isn't on KeyholeTV's list but I think TVAnts has somebody streaming NHK and NHK World - I haven't checked to see if those streams are still functioning though...

Rinoa246

Post by Rinoa246 » Feb 28th, '08, 22:58

Dashling wrote:
Rinoa246 wrote:this is so cool, but I'm trying to help my friend see it on her PC but the video isn't showing up, does it need a plug-in or something of the sort?
Could you describe the problem? Is the picture blurry? Is there still sound?

laurasj87 and natynhaps, you probably need to install Japanese fonts on your computers. To do this, go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages tab and check the "Install files for East Asian languages" box. Step 1 of the page http://www.coscom.co.jp/help3/jpfont/jpfont.html has good installation instructions for this.
before she told me that she could only hear the sound, but no picture. But now, when she reinstalled it, it messes up her computer. Is there a solution for that?

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Feb 29th, '08, 08:58

Hmm...I have a couple of suggestions, but I'm not sure if they'll fix the problem. Ask your friend to do a complete uninstall of the program first and then try installing again with the latest update, Version 3.02. If that doesn't take, uninstall 3.02 and reinstall 3.01. If there's sound but no picture, right-click on the desktop, click Properties, and then go to the Settings tab to see if the color quality is set to 32-bit color. Hope it works!

groink

Post by groink » Feb 29th, '08, 09:12

Rinoa246 wrote:before she told me that she could only hear the sound, but no picture. But now, when she reinstalled it, it messes up her computer. Is there a solution for that?
Try disabling hardware acceleration on the video card. Usually video that involves overlaying may conflict with some video card drivers. Disabling acceleration forces all video to write directly to system memory instead of using overlaying. If disabling acceleration fixes the video problems, you should look into updating the video drivers (actual steps depends on who manufactured your PC.)

http://www.deskshare.com/Resources/arti ... ation.aspx

--- groink

777ca

Post by 777ca » Feb 29th, '08, 09:44

Arigato gozaimasu !!!!!! :)

area5800

hola

Post by area5800 » Mar 1st, '08, 16:24

tv tokio ha desaparecido de la parilla de canales alguien sabes si esta cambiado el nombre al programa o le ha puesto de otra forma gracias

psych0chic27

Post by psych0chic27 » Mar 1st, '08, 17:21

has the channel names changed? i don't recognize most of them anymore. is there someone there who can translate them? :-) thanks in advance! :D

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Mar 1st, '08, 17:37

It funny.. or not so funny... i was watch KeyHoleTV to watch HAdaka no shonen but the channel right ont he time it should come on shut off hahaha....

area5800

hola

Post by area5800 » Mar 1st, '08, 21:19

he eonctrado tv tokio no ha desapercido solo que ha cambiado de nombre ahora estamo con terminacion ton

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Mar 2nd, '08, 04:13

The first post has been updated with the new names for the main six stations, including TV Tokyo.

Rinoa246

Post by Rinoa246 » Mar 3rd, '08, 15:49

groink wrote:
Rinoa246 wrote:before she told me that she could only hear the sound, but no picture. But now, when she reinstalled it, it messes up her computer. Is there a solution for that?
Try disabling hardware acceleration on the video card. Usually video that involves overlaying may conflict with some video card drivers. Disabling acceleration forces all video to write directly to system memory instead of using overlaying. If disabling acceleration fixes the video problems, you should look into updating the video drivers (actual steps depends on who manufactured your PC.)

http://www.deskshare.com/Resources/arti ... ation.aspx

--- groink
Thank you, It solved the problem :D

Demz

Post by Demz » Mar 4th, '08, 17:14

Catslaughing

Post by Catslaughing » Mar 5th, '08, 14:15

The new version is pretty interesting. There's now an option for "Always on top" and you can open the video in a separate window that can be resized. It doesn't improve the quality or anything, but it's a nice feature.

The search function seems to be for channel names, but it doesn't make a difference right now.

There's also a couple more random channels, but you can tell which are the proper Japanese tv channels because they have the most viewers listed. ^^ I don't know why there's two FujiTVs. And I'm pretty certain the audio-only channels (Bunbunka and ESPN) are actually radio stations.

Chrono

Post by Chrono » Mar 5th, '08, 14:37

Is there some website (or whatever) where I can read the programme schedules in English? My japanese is still very poor...

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Mar 8th, '08, 06:12

Version 3.04 has been released. Download: http://www.v2p.jp/video/Viewer/

In addition to the new "always on top" feature from 3.03, the mute button is back and they've added some keyboard functionality. The escape key stops the video, the space bar mutes the sound, and if you open a separate viewing window, the keyboard arrows can resize it.
Last edited by Dashling on Mar 8th, '08, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Mar 8th, '08, 07:55

I'm SOOO happy this has made it to the internet! Now I don't have to keep complaining about how DirectTV doesn't have any Japanese channels! THANKS!

I'm ESPECIALLY excited that there's Fuji TV channel in there! That way I can watch Zettai Kareshi when it starts next month!!!!

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Mar 8th, '08, 08:30

Dashling wrote: KeyHoleTV doesn't appear to use a regular streaming player like Windows Media Player or RealPlayer, so I don't know of anything that can directly record the video from the program. But there are screencasting tools like Camtasia (free trial) and Camstudio (free) that can record your computer screen, and I think they can be adjusted to record a certain area. Maybe one of those will work?
I actually went ahead and tried Camstudio and it's GOOD TO GO! It does record a certain area, which is basically as big as the video from KeyHoleTV, just remember when using CamStudio that you set the "Record Audio" option, under Options>Record Audio From Speakers, once you hit record a box will come up and you just move it to the KeyHoleTV screen, once you click on it, it'll record. There are also options as to what format you want to record it and how good you want the picture to be. YAY!!

Orbity

Post by Orbity » Mar 8th, '08, 08:46

All I need now is a English TV Guide for all the channels available on KeyHoleTV.

Chrono

Post by Chrono » Mar 8th, '08, 11:48

Me too :P

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Mar 9th, '08, 22:51

I got more info on the schedule from Arashian forums
Sanae from Arashian wrote:To finish off, here's a list of the TV shows and dramas where the Johnny's usually host or appear. Times are all in Japanese Standard Time so convert accordingly, okay? Any mistakes you spot, anything you need to add, please let us know!

Monday

05:20~08:00 Zoom In Super (NTV)
05:25~08:00 Mezamashi Terebi (Fuji TV)
08:30~09:55 Hanamaru Market (TBS)
18:55~19:54 Tokyo Friend Park 2 (TBS)
20:00~20:54 HEY!HEY!HEY! (Fuji TV)
21.00~21:54 Bara no nai Hanaya (Fuji TV) ---> DRAMA
22:00~22:54 SMAP x SMAP (Fuji TV) ---> SMAP
22:54~23:58 News Zero (NTV)
23:58~00:29 Arashi no Shukudai-kun (NTV)---> Arashi

Tuesday

19:56~20:54 Gakkou e ikou! MAX (TBS) ---> V6
21:00~21:54 Zubari iu wa yo! (TBS) ---> Takizawa Hideaki
21:00~21:54 Honey and Clover (Fuji TV) ---> DRAMA
22:00~22:54 Binbo Danshi (NTV) ---> DRAMA
22:00~22:54 Ashita no Kita Yoshio (Fuji TV) ---> DRAMA

Wednesday

23:58~00:29 Cartoon KAT-TUN (NTV) ---> Kat-tun
00:15~00:45 Domoto Tsuyoshi no Shoujiki Shindoi (TV Asahi) ---> Domoto Tsuyoshi (KinKi Kids)
00:55~01:25 Muchaburi (TBS)---> Kanjani Eito

Thursday

19:54~20:54 Utaban (TBS)
22:00~22:54 Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi (Fuji TV) ---> DRAMA
23:15~23:45 VivaVivaV6 (Fuji TV) ---> V6

Friday

19:54~20:54 Music Station (TV Asahi)
23:15~00:10 Mirai Koshi Meguru (TV Asahi) ---> DRAMA

Saturday

12:00~13:30 Vanilla Kibun (Fuji TV) ---> includes Golden Rush Arashi
19:00~19:57 Tensai!Shimura Doubutsuen (NTV)
21:00~21:54 1 Pound no Fukuin (One-pound Gospel) (NTV) ---> DRAMA

Sunday

18:55~19:58 The Tetsuwan Dash (NTV) ---> TOKIO
21:00~21:54 Mentore G (Fuji TV) ---> TOKIO
21:00~21:54 Sasaki Fusai no Jingi Naki Tatakai (TBS) ---> DRAMA
22:00~22:30 Oshareism (NTV) ---> Fujiki Naohito
23:15~23:45 Domoto Kyoudai (Fuji TV) ---> Kinki Kids

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Mar 14th, '08, 02:44

I have noticed that there are some channels that say "WITH PASSWORD"

Does anyone know where to get the passwords or is it for just for friends of the person posting it?

Just curious. :D

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Mar 15th, '08, 00:50

in the schedule previously posted there is an error... the TBS Muchaburi is NOT the show hosted by Kanjani 8.
Eito one's is aired on Tv Tokyo ^^

kyokoxren

Post by kyokoxren » Mar 20th, '08, 18:58

this is awesome

airiki

Post by airiki » Mar 22nd, '08, 01:52

Where is TV Tokyo?? :(

area5800

hola

Post by area5800 » Mar 22nd, '08, 22:34

I am neither disappeared yesterday and has not returned to grill someone knows something the chains is TV Tokyo

airiki

Post by airiki » Mar 23rd, '08, 21:31

its back :D

Mihara

Post by Mihara » Mar 26th, '08, 21:04

Why is TV Asahi almost never on the list?

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Mar 29th, '08, 01:04

Version 3.06 is out!

Some of the main channels may vanish at times, but they always come back.

Kuwa-Jiji

Post by Kuwa-Jiji » Mar 29th, '08, 03:28

This is the wrost program I could ever find... Now i can't stop watching variety shows. This evil software must be destroyed before it ruins my life!

FBPPrelude

Post by FBPPrelude » Mar 30th, '08, 05:17

Watching TBS right. Looks like a drama is on. A girl with a guitar singing. Does anyone know the name of the drama? Looks interesting lol.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Mar 30th, '08, 05:33

I'm not watching but the only jdrama I've ever heard of with a girl with a guitar is Taiyou no Uta.

saki-chan

Post by saki-chan » Mar 30th, '08, 05:43

yea, i'm 90% sure it's the movie version of Taiyou no Uta starring YUI. she was just singing 'Goodbye Days' so if they use that in the drama, it could be the drama too. but i think it's the movie.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Mar 30th, '08, 05:56

Well YUI is only in the movie version. Sawajiri Erika is in the drama version.

weiyuezz

Post by weiyuezz » Mar 30th, '08, 06:55

so, pointless to have it. WHy? most of the good shows are showing in midnight or later. Many "good" shows are broadcast around 2AM pacific time. SO, it's not possible to see it.

Illanair

Post by Illanair » Mar 30th, '08, 08:13

I've noticed that KeyholeTV might require administrator rights of some kind to work. I use it at my school but I can only manage to "Log In" on a machine where I have (near) administrator rights. So if anyone else gets the "Cannot Login - Please check network" all the time then this could be a fix :-)

Kuwa-Jiji

Post by Kuwa-Jiji » Mar 30th, '08, 18:31

There's some movie on TBS right now about assassins in Fuedal Japan that has Aya Ueto and Shun Oguri in it. Think it's called Azumi. Anyways, the action scenes are pretty hard to watch with this program because of the low framerate. :<

Illanair

Post by Illanair » Mar 30th, '08, 20:38

Kuwa-Jiji wrote:There's some movie on TBS right now about assassins in Fuedal Japan that has Aya Ueto and Shun Oguri in it. Think it's called Azumi. Anyways, the action scenes are pretty hard to watch with this program because of the low framerate. :<
I loved Azumi. I think it was one of - if not the first asian movie / series I ever watched. You can get it on DVD nowadays with subtitles and everything, as well as the sequal “Death or Love" so fret not :)

See: http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=Azumi&x=0&y=0

On a different note I was wondering if anyone could tell me the name of an anime that aired just after Bakugan? I think it was called. (This was last Thursday I believe) Some Pokemon'ish thing with huge dragon beings summoned out of small plastic'like balls. Think it was the series ending too (Final fight, goodbyes and all that)

Aaaanyhoo. The anime I'm inquiring about seems to be themed around video games. It had a character dressed like mario fight some other fellow in a dating game with some girl carrying a swordfish around and two other "contestants" playing an...interesting version of tetris with barf :O It ended with all of the contestants joining together to play some VR RPG game.

EDIT: I managed to upload a screenshot of what I "think" is the title (for those savvy in Japanese)

Image[/img]

Kuwa-Jiji

Post by Kuwa-Jiji » Mar 31st, '08, 00:49

Illanair wrote: I loved Azumi. I think it was one of - if not the first asian movie / series I ever watched. You can get it on DVD nowadays with subtitles and everything, as well as the sequal “Death or Love" so fret not :)

See: http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=Azumi&x=0&y=0

On a different note I was wondering if anyone could tell me the name of an anime that aired just after Bakugan? I think it was called. (This was last Thursday I believe) Some Pokemon'ish thing with huge dragon beings summoned out of small plastic'like balls. Think it was the series ending too (Final fight, goodbyes and all that)

Aaaanyhoo. The anime I'm inquiring about seems to be themed around video games. It had a character dressed like mario fight some other fellow in a dating game with some girl carrying a swordfish around and two other "contestants" playing an...interesting version of tetris with barf :O It ended with all of the contestants joining together to play some VR RPG game.

EDIT: I managed to upload a screenshot of what I "think" is the title (for those savvy in Japanese)

Image[/img]
Ah! Actually it was the sequel! Death or Love, because I remember it saying that. Haha. Anyways, that anime you're asking about is called Gintama. At least, that's what that screencap you took says. I dont know anything about the anime.

Illanair

Post by Illanair » Mar 31st, '08, 04:21

Ding Ding Ding! Gintama it was ^-^

baby_bytes

Post by baby_bytes » Mar 31st, '08, 06:26

They're showing repeats of Attention Please on Fuji TV (Odaiba) :w00t: It's showing right now.