Translation help needed (Japanese): Subtitles for Tsukigami

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
mymaps

Translation help needed (Japanese): Subtitles for Tsukigami

Post by mymaps » Jan 13th, '08, 21:15

Hi everyone,

I just watched "Tsukigami". I don't read and understand Japanese, but fortunately, the DVD that I bought already had English subtitles - except for the last 2 minutes of the movie!!! I don't know why it cut off.

I have managed to capture the Japanese subtitles in the attached jpg file. I hope someone can help translate so at least I would understand what was said at the end of the movie.

Thanks so much for any help!

-mymaps-
Attachments
Japanese text need translation
Japanese text need translation
subpic.JPG (77.63 KiB) Viewed 2199 times

SuiginChou

Post by SuiginChou » Jan 14th, '08, 02:30

Otsuya's voice: Oji-chan! (Uncle! / Mister! / Old Man! / [the guy she's addressing :p])
Otsuya's voice: Henji shite yo! (Answer me! / Say something!)
Otsuya's voice: Atai wo oite, shinjatta no? (Have you just left me behind and died?)
Otsuya's voice: Nee, kiite. (Say, listen.)
Otsuya's voice: Oji-chan wa sugoku kagayaitetandayo. (You really sparkled/shone, Oji-chan.)
Otsuya's voice: Atai wa isshoni kagayakenakattakedosa. (Although I wasn't able to sparkle/shine with you.)
Otsuya's voice: Sugoku kagayaitetandayo! (You really sparkled/shone!)

Hopefully that helps. Non-native translation, so I welcome feedback from natives or more advanced bilinguals. It was tough to read the kanji for kagayaku and I had to look that one up because I'd never seen it before, but other than that, I'm confident in my translation.

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Jan 14th, '08, 02:54

That was nice of you to help out, but this really isn't the place for things like this to be posted. This is for posting subtitles only. Requests are not allowed.

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Jan 14th, '08, 17:09

what Saragorn said... :lol