Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

IMPORTANT - Regarding to TVU player

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
mikki_ikkim

IMPORTANT - Regarding to TVU player

Post by mikki_ikkim » Sep 1st, '08, 15:21

*******IMPORTANT********

I was just reading Starswork's bbs, ie the server responsible for broadcasting live stream Japanese TV channels through TVU player, they will terminate the service for broadcasting Japanese channels on TVU player from 9th September

From 9/9/2008, we will no longer be able to watch live stream using TVU player

:hissy:

makebelieve

Post by makebelieve » Sep 1st, '08, 15:51

omg ! I just downloaded it to watch the 24hr Terebi two days ago and now they're terminating the service ! Just when i thought I could make full use of the TVU player(to watch other tv shows lol). Geez. :(

Rori

Post by Rori » Sep 1st, '08, 19:04

Sucks but not a huge loss -- at least not for me anyway considering the only thing I watch with TVU are dramas and I can get those when they're uploaded anyway.

There are other programs though, right? Such as KeyHole TV (which is horrible imo, but if you're desperate...) are they staying or will those disappear too?

Also if they don't know about it already, I suggest you post this in the TVU/KeyHoleTV thread.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Sep 1st, '08, 20:43

Are you sure? i have been looking around but found nothing

And i also think this should go to the streaming tv thread

sanaeozora

Post by sanaeozora » Sep 1st, '08, 21:16

I agree that this should continue in the existing thread but, sadly, this has been confirmed at the forums of the webcasting site. It's in Chinese but the babelfish-powered translation I got wasn't very reassuring:

http://www.starswork.net/bbs/thread-3823-1-1.html

:cry: