J-dramas Musical Quiz!

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
Time Pink

J-dramas Musical Quiz!

Post by Time Pink » Feb 21st, '10, 22:56

Hi! This is a kind of game that has become popular where I live. It's commonly called Flashpops, because it is the name of the first musical quiz we know (Flashpops Movies 1 is the first), and the goal is to name the movie/series/etc by its music. After that, some people have been creating their own flashpops using flash and "fill in the blank", turning green when the answer is correct and turning red when wrong. Since then, I've wanting to make one for dramas, and now I said "It's now or never", so here it is! But, since I don't know anything about flash and couldn't find a tutorial or something to do this kind of game using the "fill in the blank" thing, I did it using players only, but it doesn't take the fun away. Anyway, the instructions:

1) There are 64 players and each one of them has a small piece of a song that's related somehow with a J-Drama (it can be its opening, ending, part of its soundtrack or an insert song).
2) Click on the "play" button to listen to the song and try to guess which is the j-drama the song is related to.
3) Your goal is to guess all the 64 j-dramas.

THE RULES (very important):
1) DO NOT post the answers here!!!! It is like a spoiler, and as such, it will ruin other people fun! So, please, again, DON'T post the answers!!! They can be found through the "tips" page (rule 2).
2) When posting tips, please, do it only if someone is asking for it. In any case, there are "official tips" in the game on page 6, but only use them when you really don't recognize the song, otherwise what's the point in listening to the songs?

Notes:

1) This quiz has been divided in 6 pages in order to try to avoid computers freezing.
2) This quiz has been tested on Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3.6 and and Opera 10.10, so it should work with any other browser. If it doesn't, try updating your Flash player, and if it still don't work, change your browser to a better one.
3) There are only Japanese dramas here (no Koreans, Chinese or Taiwanese dramas).
4) By dramas, I mean doramas, lives and tokusatsu.
5) All the selected dramas had been subtitled in English, completely or not.
6) You can pass this game forward. No need to credit, because my name is on all pages.
7) I do not intend to make another game, mainly because all the dramas I've watched at least 1 episode are in this one. As for k/c/t-dramas, I didn't watched enough of those to make a game like this. But, if you want to make one by yourself, feel free do it. I'd love to play too! hehe
8 ) Any doubts, just post here!
9) HAVE FUN!!! :-D

The game: http://www.flashdoramas.kit.net

PS: Since I'm not an English native speaker, any grammar mistakes in the game or in this post, please, feel free to correct me :-)
Last edited by Time Pink on Mar 4th, '10, 16:10, edited 6 times in total.

chrysanthemum

Post by chrysanthemum » Feb 21st, '10, 23:41

Haha... great fun. So far I'm not doing so well. Only recognize the voice (not the song) of one sample.

:P
Last edited by chrysanthemum on Feb 21st, '10, 23:44, edited 1 time in total.

chrysanthemum

Post by chrysanthemum » Feb 21st, '10, 23:44

Hey! I got one! :cheers:

Funny thing is I have several of these songs, and even know some of the words... but without my iPod for support... I don't know who's singing, or the song title, and definitely not which series it came from.

But some of this music is pretty intriguing... like #64. #64 sounds like a drama I should be watching. :D

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Feb 22nd, '10, 00:05

This was fun! I think it will lead me to many interesting dramas. I mean, good songs make good dramas! I only got about half that I named a drama for. The rest, I never heard of it or I did, but cannot pin point the exact drama. Hopefully the answers will be up soon so I can check out some of the dramas to the songs that I liked. :-)

Aya Cherry

Post by Aya Cherry » Feb 22nd, '10, 00:11

I recognized maybe 50% but i sooo don't remember which drama they belong to, all dramas just blurr into one and it keeps eating me up from inside x) and indeed some songs do sound intriguing! After i find out the right answers I'm gotta check out some of those dramas ^.^

chrysanthemum

Post by chrysanthemum » Feb 22nd, '10, 00:31

LaLaLaDRAMA wrote: I mean, good songs make good dramas!
Isn't that true? I've given this a lot of thought in the past. Good music can really make or break a drama (or an anime). The music for the Korean drama The Four Gods (aka The Legend) is just so amazing. Every time I listen to the soundtrack, I end up exclaiming "That guy better have won an award for this!" That "guy" being Joe Hisaishi.

I've noticed some Korean dramas, actually movies in particular, are virtually without background music... and I've started to steer clear of those. I always think "Oh, it's one of those quiet ones," which I equate with it being depressing.

Anyhow, thanks to drama, I'm a big fan of background music. :D

AnonKuro

Post by AnonKuro » Feb 22nd, '10, 02:24

that was fun, cant wait for the answrs ^_^

Time Pink

Post by Time Pink » Feb 22nd, '10, 23:08

I'm glad you like it. The answers will come out soon, but not before your tries *cruel* ^_^

Time Pink

Post by Time Pink » Mar 4th, '10, 16:07

Answers are available now. Sorry for the delay. How many did you guess right? :-)

kusaina

Post by kusaina » Mar 4th, '10, 16:43

good quiz, i only recognize 1 from the first page,

i can't find the answers

Time Pink

Post by Time Pink » Mar 5th, '10, 03:50

kusaina wrote:good quiz, i only recognize 1 from the first page,

i can't find the answers
Thank you ^_^
Go to page 6 of the game, click on tips and go to the end of the page. You'll find the link to the answers there.
Which one did you recognized? ^_^

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » May 19th, '10, 18:41

As someone who firmly believes in the power of music in films, I was very excited by this quiz. I love drama music and I should've thought of this before haha.

Fun quiz. Really interesting. I used to think I had a good knowledge of jdrama music, but this proved me wrong. Mainly because I don't watch any tokusatsu haha. (I don't know what you mean by lives, like live TV shows like talk shows and such?)

I think I got about 10 vocal theme and insert songs where I knew the drama it was from, the artist and the song name.
There was one instrumental theme that I knew the drama, the composer and the song name! yay!
There were 7 "main" themes that I knew the drama but didn't know the song name nor the composer.
There were around 3 or 4 that sounded so familiar and I knew I've seen those shows but just can't remember where it was from...

There was also one or two that I knew the song, or I've heard of it but didn't know the drama it was from. Also some songs where I knew who the artist is, but had no idea what song it is nor the drama it was from. There was one that I know I've heard but had no idea it was part of a drama. Totally I think there were 30-40 that I just absolutely never heard of and had no idea.

Anyway, fun game. Gonna check if some of my hunches were right or not.

Time Pink

Post by Time Pink » May 20th, '10, 00:26

<3s-tei. wrote:As someone who firmly believes in the power of music in films, I was very excited by this quiz. I love drama music and I should've thought of this before haha.

Fun quiz. Really interesting. I used to think I had a good knowledge of jdrama music, but this proved me wrong. Mainly because I don't watch any tokusatsu haha. (I don't know what you mean by lives, like live TV shows like talk shows and such?)

I think I got about 10 vocal theme and insert songs where I knew the drama it was from, the artist and the song name.
There was one instrumental theme that I knew the drama, the composer and the song name! yay!
There were 7 "main" themes that I knew the drama but didn't know the song name nor the composer.
There were around 3 or 4 that sounded so familiar and I knew I've seen those shows but just can't remember where it was from...

There was also one or two that I knew the song, or I've heard of it but didn't know the drama it was from. Also some songs where I knew who the artist is, but had no idea what song it is nor the drama it was from. There was one that I know I've heard but had no idea it was part of a drama. Totally I think there were 30-40 that I just absolutely never heard of and had no idea.

Anyway, fun game. Gonna check if some of my hunches were right or not.
Hello! I'm glad you liked it! Answering to your question, lives referrer to live action dramas. Examples: Jigoku Shoujo, Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, Cutie Honey THE LIVE, Shinigami no Ballad.
How many did you guessed right?

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » May 20th, '10, 03:44

Ah, live action dramas meaning re-makes of manga/anime?

I'd say I was correct on maybe 19 or 20. I guessed on Liar Game haha. Didn't think I'd get that one right hehe.

Time Pink

Post by Time Pink » May 20th, '10, 11:10

<3s-tei. wrote:Ah, live action dramas meaning re-makes of manga/anime?

I'd say I was correct on maybe 19 or 20. I guessed on Liar Game haha. Didn't think I'd get that one right hehe.
In this case, yes, live actions are remakes or adaptations of animes and mangas.
Wow, you know quite a lot of dramas. If it was me doing this quiz, I wouldn't guess a half of what you did hahaha

Deleted User 160504

Post by Deleted User 160504 » Jul 28th, '10, 09:26

This is interesting. Some were obvious, others were familiar but just couldn't place them. Too bad I don't watch any tokusatsu at all. Great job!

Time Pink

Post by Time Pink » Jul 28th, '10, 18:35

kiramethyst wrote:This is interesting. Some were obvious, others were familiar but just couldn't place them. Too bad I don't watch any tokusatsu at all. Great job!
Glad you liked :-)
There are only 2 tokusatsu and, since most doramas watchers don't watch tokusatsu too, I made them very easy to guess (to those who know the songs, of course) :-) In any case, my friend and I are making one for tokusatsu only, with 100 songs (his idea) hahaha. We're going crazy XD