Who's watching Filipino dramas?

Discuss about other asian culture here.
fjnoheart

Post by fjnoheart » Feb 15th, '09, 06:33

Machihxh wrote:I have a question for anyone who is Filipino and knows about Filipino dramas and movies. I started to watch the "One More Chance" movie and I realized that they mix Tagalog and English together? Now is that common with Filipino movies or was it only for that movie? Also do they do that with Filipino dramas as well? I just thought it was a bit awkward as I'm used to watching Japanese/Korean dramas/movies. It reminds me of how some young ones talk to their parents or ones that don't know the language really well or feel it's easier just to mix the lang's. Any help with this would be great, Thank you! :D
its natural for filipino to mix english and their native language which we called "taglish"
english was the second most spoken language in our country about an average of 30-40% of daily life and above 50% of city people understand english fluently...so if you're a tourist and know and understand english then you'll be safe with communicating with the countrymen

taylor

Post by taylor » Feb 15th, '09, 07:16

:scratch: Hi. I am a Filipina and unfortunately I don't watch Filipino dramas and even
movies. If i see one on tv, immediately switched to any english program i could managed. It's just that I don't find the filipino entertainment entertaining at all. The story, cinematography, actors are of no art. I don't know who are the kind of audience they are targeting but it certainly lacks originality. They don't care as long as it sells. I only watch English films and lately Japanese

jeansile

Post by jeansile » Mar 1st, '09, 03:53

Mostly, the Filipino shows that deviate from cliches are the teen oriented ones...I especially love ABT UR LUV...it has that very modern feel, from the names and everything...

jeansile

Post by jeansile » Mar 16th, '09, 10:20

I recommend this:

UnderAGE is a coming-of-age story of three young sisters (Celina, Cecilia and Corazon), who grew up in the province and knew no other love except that which their mother has showered upon them. In their town, their neighbors look down on their family and see their mother as an immoral for having been impregnated by three different men who are all Americans. Gifted with beauty, intelligence and charm, they grew up to be apathetic and stubborn teenagers who deem each other and their mother as the only important people in their world. But what if fate suddenly turns against them and takes their mother away? They’d be forced to a whole new life, encounter new people, face disasters, meet the first men in their lives, and learn the most important lessons their mother failed to teach them. Can their strong and naughty acts get them through all the hardships? Can their devilish horns be transformed into halos?

Episode 1

part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1JZ980jMdI
part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5uJmEhMvkI
part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAPcFCjYBFM
part 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXNkAt1ZEro
part 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3sLEkqdufA
part 6 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCFG_y4GnGg
Last edited by jeansile on Mar 26th, '09, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.

bird55a

Post by bird55a » Mar 16th, '09, 10:51

I watched My Girl Philippines (hardsubbed) added by tiratira on DA. The last episodes were 13-15. This is one drama that I would like to see completed. This is the first time that I've watched an engsub philipino drama. I would be curious to see more philipino dramas out in DA.

dashnair18

yes it is

Post by dashnair18 » Apr 18th, '09, 19:26

Machihxh wrote:I have a question for anyone who is Filipino and knows about Filipino dramas and movies. I started to watch the "One More Chance" movie and I realized that they mix Tagalog and English together? Now is that common with Filipino movies or was it only for that movie? Also do they do that with Filipino dramas as well? I just thought it was a bit awkward as I'm used to watching Japanese/Korean dramas/movies. It reminds me of how some young ones talk to their parents or ones that don't know the language really well or feel it's easier just to mix the lang's. Any help with this would be great, Thank you! :D
It's just normal because it's our second language. you can hear it everywhere and in any shows ie. tv, movie, radio.

mittens

Post by mittens » Apr 27th, '09, 03:09

English is our second language here in the Philippines. I live in Cebu, somewhere is Visayas and we don't speak tagalog because we also have our own dialect. This may sound funny but I can speak English more than our national language which is Filipino, but I still do understand Tagalog, 100%, it's just that we can express more by using English. That's one of the reasons why a lot of foreigners from Non-English- speaking countries come here to learn English. There are a lot of English academies and schools here that teach ESL (English as a Second Language) to foreigners. :-)

lainey025

Post by lainey025 » May 16th, '09, 22:17

xohhbiteme wrote:Hmm, are there any Filipino dramas out there that are ORIGINAL? The ones that aren't Spanish-influenced, or remakes of Korean dramas. Because I'd like to see how a REAL Filipino drama is like :[[ It's like we're losing our culture, it makes me sad.
you should watch Precious Heart Romance presents Bud Brothers

y watch it? :wub: :salut:
1.) original => based on pinoy pocketbooks
2.) romance comedy
3.) very short => 1 book runs for 2 weeks
4.) fresh faces and fresh loveteams
5.) love their punchlines
6.) No SUB-PLOT => the story only revolves around 2 ppl

i wish someone sub this drama..its so cute
:roll

Engshin

Post by Engshin » May 19th, '09, 10:30

Hey! "May bukas pa" doesn't fully revolved in the love story thing! LOL :lol

Why don't you guys watch "Tayong Dalawa"? XD

paul400

Post by paul400 » Jun 2nd, '09, 15:21

i am only watching dapat ka bang mahalin..

blackborne

Post by blackborne » Jun 28th, '09, 00:29

lainey025 wrote:fresh loveteams
In the Philippines, the networks ARE the shippers. Network Ship is your ONLY ship. And their ships will ALWAYS be canon.

dabogy

Post by dabogy » Jul 14th, '09, 06:03

Bubble gang is cool, I hate that I miss it sometimes..

"May bukas pa" is a good drama series as well...

pn0yb0i

Post by pn0yb0i » Jul 14th, '09, 06:11

MY family watches alot of FIlipino programming on TV (TFC and GMA to be specific).

I've never found any interest in any Filipino Drama production, mainly due to lack of quality.

Several things I have noticed that every Phil.Drama has in Common:

Domestic Violence
Someone Crying
Someone Dying
Cheesy English
Mermaids / Mermen covered in paint
Homeless People that are RIDICULOUSLY realistic . dirty
Lots of people with Prosthetic deformaties

:mrgreen:

dabogy

Lack

Post by dabogy » Jul 14th, '09, 06:19

"I've never found any interest in any Filipino Drama production, mainly due to lack of quality. "

Maybe the right term is "Lack of Budget" lolz

pn0yb0i

Post by pn0yb0i » Jul 14th, '09, 06:39

I've seen material produced with low budget, but quality was really high ^_^

dabogy

yeah

Post by dabogy » Jul 14th, '09, 11:22

Budget really affect, great cinematics/effect would cost alot and that adds up ratings to a drama/show.

boom_box

Post by boom_box » Jul 18th, '09, 13:41

You've better watch Filipino Indie Films.. low budget but it hits the spot of a quality movie..

try to watch "Tambolista", "Kubrador"..
especially also "Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Oliveros.." :lol

axilom

Post by axilom » Aug 13th, '09, 04:48

My ultimate favorite of the Filipino series' would be the encantadia set.

Savitri

Post by Savitri » Sep 6th, '09, 20:25

I really love Filipino dramas and movies, I watched My Girl, Your my only hope, Sana Maulit Muli and many movies. Currently I'm desperately searching for La Lola but I cant find it anywhere T^T. Well it's not easy to find Filipino dramas in the net especial with english subs so I'm happy that here are some people who are sharing some dramas with us. Thank you very much for your work.

lainey025

Post by lainey025 » Sep 7th, '09, 00:04

Precious Heart Romances
presents

aka [purple]The[/purple] Man [purple]Who Loved [/purple]Me

[blue]NOW SHOWING:[/blue] [red]August 31[/red] [green]05:20 pm[/green]
[orange]After Miss No Good and before Katorse[/orange]

Genre:[red]Romance Comedy[/red]
[orange]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/orange]

[purple]Sypnosis:[/purple]

The second offering in the Precious Hearts Romances drama series, Ang Lalaking Nagmahal sa Akin follows the story of a young lady named Flor. This bubbly but optimistic girl from the province will gamble to find a decent job in the city to provide for her mother and two brothers. Flor will end up working as a chambermaid in a first-class hotel where she will meet the gorgeous and womanizing owner Zephy. These two people from different social classes will find love in each other. Zephy will turn his back on his wealth just to be with his beloved but Flor will make the toughest choice in her life—to give a better life for her family or fulfill the desire of her heart.

[blue]Source: Abs-Cbn[/blue]

[orange]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/orange]

[purple]Cast:[/purple]

[red]Flor[/red] (Toni Gonzaga) is a kind-hearted and hard working girl from the province who will work as a hotel chambermaid in the city to provide for her family.

[red]Zephy[/red] (Derek Ramsay) is the handsome owner of the hotel where Flor works. He will learn from Flor that money can’t buy true love.

[purple]Teaser:[/purple]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Iso1dnO ... annel_page

[purple]Pocketbooks:[/purple]

[red]Ang Lalaking Nagmahal Sa Akin 2[/red][green] by Vanessa[/green]
"She was the only woman who had ever made him feel that way.
And that thought that she was probably the only woman who
could make him feel a bit alarmed, also warmed his soul."

Dahil kailangang iwasan ni Flor ang isang makulit na DOM ay napilitan siyang lumuwas sa Maynila. Masaya naman siya nang agad siyang matanggap sa isang hotel bilang chambermaid. Doon ay nakilala niya si Zeph, ang big boss niya—mayaman, guwapo, arogante, batas ang bawat salita.

Hindi maganda ang naging unang pagkikita nila. Hindi sinasadyang napagkamalan niyang masamang tao ito kaya nahataw niya ito sa ulo at natutukan ng patalim.

Sinesante kaagad siya nito subalit nakiusap siyang bigyan siya nito ng isa pang pagkakataon. Napahinuhod naman niya ito… Subalit bakit sa pagdaan ng mga araw ay tila ibig nitong mapabilang siya sa listahan ng mga babae nito?
[red]Ang Lalaking Nagmahal Sa Akin 2[/red] [green] by Vanessa[/green]

"Hindi ko maintidihan kung paano mo naisip na sasaya ako
kung wala ka gayong alam mong gagawin ko’ng lahat
para lang makasama kita. How did you totally
miss the point? I-am-miserable-without-you."

Hindi kaya ni Flor na iwasan si Zeph. Ayaw man niya ay nahuhulog ang loob niya rito. Alam niyang malayo ang agwat nila sa buhay kaya ganoon na lamang ang paglaki ng puso niya nang pinatunayan nito kung gaano siya kamahal nito. Tinalikuran nito ang lahat para sa kanya.

Subalit dumating ang pagkakataong siya naman ang kailangang magpamalas ng pagmamahal ditto upang mapabuti ito. Ngunit labis na nagalit ito sa kanya…
[blue]Source: pinoypocketbooks.com[/blue]

lovecookie

Post by lovecookie » Sep 9th, '09, 12:56

Filipino dramas can be very draggy, especially when the drama rakes a good ratings, the station opts to stretch out the plot as far as they can just to keep the show on air but some can be very good too, especially if the cast are really good in their roles.

stunningblue06

Post by stunningblue06 » Oct 22nd, '09, 02:47

the precious hearts romance series are good. though have not seen the buds brothers episodes but i saw "ang lalaking nagmahal saakin" and currently watching "somewhere in my heart" they are short but still sweet and funny.

br4nd0n

Post by br4nd0n » Nov 10th, '09, 00:30

jeansile wrote:I recommend this:

UnderAGE is a coming-of-age story of three young sisters (Celina, Cecilia and Corazon), who grew up in the province and knew no other love except that which their mother has showered upon them. In their town, their neighbors look down on their family and see their mother as an immoral for having been impregnated by three different men who are all Americans. Gifted with beauty, intelligence and charm, they grew up to be apathetic and stubborn teenagers who deem each other and their mother as the only important people in their world. But what if fate suddenly turns against them and takes their mother away? They’d be forced to a whole new life, encounter new people, face disasters, meet the first men in their lives, and learn the most important lessons their mother failed to teach them. Can their strong and naughty acts get them through all the hardships? Can their devilish horns be transformed into halos?

Episode 1

part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1JZ980jMdI
part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5uJmEhMvkI
part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAPcFCjYBFM
part 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXNkAt1ZEro
part 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3sLEkqdufA
part 6 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCFG_y4GnGg

Looks interesting. I watched the first episode and enjoyed it. Hopefully it will get fully subbed.

aqatha

Post by aqatha » Jan 3rd, '10, 16:51

I am looking for Ako si Kim Samsoon the remake for KDrama My Name is Kim Sam Soon
I look everywhere and Veoh site I can't watch the drama
I am looking for online or dwonload direct or via torrent but really I want to see this remake
I prefer English subtitle but if their is no sub title it is ok

yumenostalgic

Post by yumenostalgic » Feb 23rd, '10, 07:18

aqatha wrote:I am looking for Ako si Kim Samsoon the remake for KDrama My Name is Kim Sam Soon
I look everywhere and Veoh site I can't watch the drama
I am looking for online or dwonload direct or via torrent but really I want to see this remake
I prefer English subtitle but if their is no sub title it is ok
You can find direct downloads here:

http://www.tatakpinoy.org/?p=70

It's not yet full subbed though.

fiel

Post by fiel » Jun 11th, '10, 03:59

i don't watch that much... because some, honestly speaking, would be so dramatic... some stories are predictable, you'll know what's gonna happen next... and lengthy... you'll get bored before it ends...

but for the passed two years, they (tv networks/producers) have been adapting some korean drama series like My name is kim sam soon, stairway to heaven and endless love (upcoming)...

Te Amari

Post by Te Amari » Jun 16th, '10, 06:13

I tried watching a filipino drama on dramafever.com. Maging sino ka man (more than love), but it was dubbed in english. they have two other filipino dramas there, buy they're all dubbed! They didn't dub any of the korean ones...

I'm not too fond of John lloyd cruz, but he's tolerable enough here. I think it's the voices that get me, and it's not like i can mute it and just read the subtitles. ><

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Jun 16th, '10, 07:34

lovecookie wrote:Filipino dramas can be very draggy, especially when the drama rakes a good ratings, the station opts to stretch out the plot as far as they can just to keep the show on air but some can be very good too, especially if the cast are really good in their roles.
Totally agree with this observation. Filipino dramas have a tendency to drag on when ratings are high. Case in point, Maging Sino Ka Man. It came out in 2006 and ended in 2007, and the series has like 13 volumes on dvd. Right now, I'm still 2 volumes away from finishing the series and I have no freakin plan to even start on Book II. :crazy:

Sometimes, I wish that the writers just stick to their guns and end the drama as planned instead of throwing in OTT plot twists just to extend it.
fiel wrote:but for the passed two years, they (tv networks/producers) have been adapting some korean drama series like My name is kim sam soon, stairway to heaven and endless love (upcoming)....
Hm, I actually don't know what to make of this trend. So far the remakes have been far from satisfactory and most of the changes made on the original stories to "suit the Filipino taste" don't really make the show engaging. Besides, some details in kdramas just can't be adapted to the Filipino setting (i.e. Lovers in Paris and Aranaz Motors, when the closest thing we have in the country to a car manufacturing company is Sarao Motors; Full House and the notion of a contract marriage that will end with divorce; Stairway to Heaven and winter garb; etc.). Forcing themselves to work around these "minor details" just make the shows ludicrous, to say the least. The only upside to this format is that the dramas they show on t.v. right now do have an end in sight.

akaito

Post by akaito » Aug 31st, '10, 03:52

i've already watch lot of Filipino telenovela series.. i've enjoy it also...

had also watched Filipino movie with English sub and
hmmm honestly we laugh at it..

why??
coz some of the sub are different from what the characters are saying...

although we've watched only one movie..
if i were not mistaken the title is "KIMI DORA" starred by Eugene Domingo..

Don't know where my friend download it.. we just watch it..

although the other lines are good...

by the way i'm a Filipina..

cc(,``o

Post by cc(,``o » Oct 27th, '10, 11:38

i'm not a big fan of filipino shows mainly for the reasons mentioned before. have to admit thought that filipino movies of the past few years have improved immensely.

filipino dramas i suppose have improved as well but the downside is the length of time it gets shown.
30-45 mins a day (5days a weels) and with about 40% of the time are on ads. not to mention it lasts 6mos or so. to be honest. i simply have no patience for such!

rudelypink

Post by rudelypink » Feb 20th, '11, 04:49

I really want to watch a filipino drama/show and I like downloading and watching (I'm not a huge fan of streaming due to the quality). =\

blaze4510

Post by blaze4510 » Mar 9th, '11, 13:39

Yes it true some of the filipino drama is sometimes adopted from other foreign movies and drama ..esp from korean drama...love filipino drama

autumnsoliloquy

Post by autumnsoliloquy » Nov 27th, '11, 23:00

I'm Pinay myself. I think the filipino mainstream movie industry is so lacklustre. It's always the same old juvenile boring plots churned out year after year. However I have to say that the dramas are slightly better, though it's rare to find really quality ones. I've always thought that Phils have some of the best Asian actors/actresses especially when it comes to drama acting, but they are often given lousy material and bad plot to work with.

The only ones I really liked: Maging Sino Ka Man Book 1 (2006), Tayong Dalawa

henning

Post by henning » Jan 26th, '12, 09:47

I'm watching "Impostor" on TV ecerynight .I find it interesting ,funny .

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » Jul 24th, '12, 18:46

I enjoyed watching Mara Clara last year. :) Way much better than the original.
As for 2012 Filipino drama, I liked Walang Hanggan at first but now I just occasionally watch it because the story doesn't interest me anymore. The story was too forced to make it longer.

tambok

Post by tambok » Jul 24th, '12, 19:31

autumnsoliloquy wrote:I'm Pinay myself. I think the filipino mainstream movie industry is so lacklustre. It's always the same old juvenile boring plots churned out year after year. However I have to say that the dramas are slightly better, though it's rare to find really quality ones. I've always thought that Phils have some of the best Asian actors/actresses especially when it comes to drama acting, but they are often given lousy material and bad plot to work with.
You take the words right of my mouth.

Drmafx

Subs fo Filipino dramas

Post by Drmafx » Aug 18th, '12, 14:41

I CAN'T STAND THE DUBBING!  I've tried several times to watch these Filipino dramas and can't even stomach past the first scene. The awful dubbing distracts from the acting and the storyline. I want to read the subs and get the feel of the actors acting.  

My ethnicity is Filipino....don't know the culture or the language. I have learned a few phrases of Chinese and Korean just from watching theses dramas.  I would love to learn Filipino in this same way.  Drama Fever.... Thanks for trying to bring dramas from other countries ... You can stop bringing in the Filipino dramas.  Do they feel that dubbing will elevate the status of the drama? OH, PULEESE!!  What makes them so special.....it just emphasizes their inadequacies.

1.  The Taiwanese dramas have excellent storylines, great acting but so-so cinematography ....could just be due to film quality.

2.  Korean dramas have beautiful cinematography good storylines and ok to great acting (the historicals have better quality acting)

I'm willing to watch dramas with bad acting and substandard cinematography if the storyline grabs me.....but these fil-dramas aren't even giving me a chance.  Send them back!

LittleBuddha

Post by LittleBuddha » Feb 23rd, '13, 16:09

Filipino dramas could be the worst thing ever made...especially the ones that ABS-CBN makes.

sampei

Post by sampei » Jun 18th, '13, 20:37

Actually the ones ABS-CBN make are the best out there. The worst is yet to come for you if you say that...

Last edited by sampei on Jul 1st, '13, 15:30, edited 2 times in total.

janegph

Filipino dramas-Be Careful with my Heart

Post by janegph » Jun 19th, '13, 00:30

I'm not really fond of our dramas here in the Philippines. Some are long and draggy and some are violent. But right I've been a fan of Be Careful with my Heart and its almost 1 year and still on-going but the story is not boring. Hope someone can upload episodes here with English substitles so that foreigners can watch this drama series which will end I think this July.

funretrolook

Re: Filipino dramas-Be Careful with my Heart

Post by funretrolook » Jun 19th, '13, 04:08

janegph wrote:I'm not really fond of our dramas here in the Philippines. Some are long and draggy and some are violent.
I think so too. I mean there may have been some Filipino dramas which could have had a promising concept to begin with, but since production teams like to stretch these stories, a lot of the story's integrity, sadly, is lost along the way. This from someone who's Filipino and who has worked for TV.

Dramamamama

Post by Dramamamama » Jul 4th, '13, 07:35

LOL .. okay .. this topic was posted ahhmmm .. 4 years ago ??? hahaha !!
I just came to search if there's a site where I can watch Pdrama (Pinoy/Filipino drama) in net , then I found this site .
anyway I'm a Filipino and of course , I'm supporting pdramas ..

check this site for Pinoys out there:
http://www.tagalogfilms.com/comedy/3296 ... full-movie

you can watch movies there ^_____________^
BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE SUBS ..

Dramamamama

Post by Dramamamama » Jul 4th, '13, 08:06

aaaaaand ... I can't find any site to watch pdramas with subs , sorry ..
so for Filipinos .. ^____^
try this:
http://www.veoh.com/list/c/mygirlfil

Dramamamama

Post by Dramamamama » Jul 4th, '13, 08:15

I found one drama here .. (not finished subbing)
IT HAS SUBS .. !!
I watched it and, it's INTERESTING !
Why don't try ? :D

Dramamamama

Post by Dramamamama » Jul 4th, '13, 08:37

okay ...
I found something here . .

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/717/Tim ... /#/reviews

also:

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/718/Cha ... t_Muli%29/

and:

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/716/Mor ... /#/reviews

HONESTLY , I can't watch the episodes ... but try to read the comments .. :)

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » Jul 5th, '13, 03:42

Im currenty into watching Dugong Buhay. Never expected that it's gonna be good! The concept is very new to the Philippine drama. You'll enjoy watching it if you're into dark theme story. :)

Sakari

Post by Sakari » Sep 21st, '13, 06:37

I very much enjoyed Maging Sino Ka Man. The Bea Alonzo-John Lloyd Cruz OTP is awesome.

anneN

Post by anneN » Apr 30th, '14, 02:52

Hi. Anyone know where i can download english subtitle for be careful with my heart? Or can anyone upload the subtile?

aldricho

Post by aldricho » Apr 30th, '14, 03:25

currently there is no existing english subs for the filipino Rom-Com "Be Careful With My Heart" and I'm sorry to say you won't be able to find one here on d-addicts since this is a dedicated forum for j-dramas and k-dramas.
anneN wrote:Hi. Anyone know where i can download english subtitle for be careful with my heart? Or can anyone upload the subtile?

gloriatorios

Post by gloriatorios » Dec 11th, '14, 10:51

Right now we don't have one at D-Addicts... but to tell you the truth our team's (Noypi Fansubs) discussing on what Filipino drama to sub and upload here.

Harith

Post by Harith » May 3rd, '15, 20:28

gloriatorios wrote:Right now we don't have one at D-Addicts... but to tell you the truth our team's (Noypi Fansubs) discussing on what Filipino drama to sub and upload here.
I enjoy Filipino dramas very much, but since I don't speak tagalo, I've only been able to watch those which are eng subbed

It would be nice to watch "Kristine series", it seems so interesting

riya143

Re: Who's watching Filipino dramas?

Post by riya143 » Oct 21st, '15, 07:31

i am currently watching filipino dramas and it is amazing but after the 14th eisode there is no more episodes online which has english subtitles, i want it in english subtite because i do not understand tagalog. can you please help me
the name of the series that i want is: Pure Love (49 Days). starring Joseph marco and yen santos.

whiteadamas

Post by whiteadamas » Oct 21st, '15, 09:45

I only watch classic filipino movies like 'Himala'
It has eng sub as well.

It is more enjoyable watching classic fil movie than the current ones

itada19

Post by itada19 » Jul 25th, '17, 00:33

I think the third party formula in the drama still rampant in the Ph. I haven't watch any drama in the Ph for long time. If you want to find a good ph drama, you need to have a long patience.

nume-chan

Post by nume-chan » Aug 1st, '17, 09:11

I agree to some people here. Most of the Filipino dramas are just good on trailers but when you started watching it, the story gets draggy—especially if the drama has/get high ratings—messy, predictable and boring. Mostly revenge/drama plot. I watched countless of Filipino dramas—I of course enjoyed it first—but ended up dropping it midway. So yeah, basically I'm still not a huge fan of Filipino dramas. Same goes to their movies that are mostly rom-com that are really cheesy and sometimes corny and yes,again, predictable in my personal opinion. (But, I think their indie films are more interesting and good though.) Or maybe it isn't just my cup of tea, that is why. And because of this consistent disappointment I always get from Filipino dramas or movies, I ended up stopped watching them and wished that one day they will change or rather improve more on how they make their dramas and movies. Add a little more depth and originality to their stories and improve their style of cinematography and add uniqueness into it too. (And maybe more budget and new high-tech equipment?)

But lately, I think Filipino dramas are improving bit by bit. An example of it is A Love to Last that is still ongoing. The story is quite good, about love and family. Another drama, an action drama that for some reason I am surprised because I am actually quite hooked at it, Ang Probinsyasno (in English: The Man from the Province or The Provincial Man). Their take on the action-packed story is a bit refreshing and new to me. It's my first time liking a Filipino action drama. And take note, despite it is a bit of a long series too, I didn't get bored. I'm getting addicted too, to this sitcom Pepito Manaloto. It is about a very poor man who won in a national lottery (though this one is old, I think)

So yeah, somehow glad that there are new drama series like this that are popping out lately for me to watch. Anyway, I think it is still not too late for the Filipino entertainment to produce good ones. I'm actually looking where to download this interesting movie titled BLISS starring Iza Calzado. Does anyone know where can I download it in good quality? And Heneral Luna as well? People?