Recommend favorite C-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Hong Kong, Taiwanese and Mainland China entertainments goes here.
spearcarrier

Recommend favorite C-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Post by spearcarrier » May 27th, '15, 04:44

Hi guys! New here. I joined because my Google foo is pretty weak, and I'm hoping for some input from the experts.

After a long hiatus from Asian shows (mostly anime), I stumbled across My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho. I realize... I like Asian live drama better than anime!! And I definitely prefer rom-com.

So while forcing my husband to watch Legend of Hyang Dan, I'm looking for another to score up. I do like the Korean ones, but I'm actually hoping for Mandarin as that is what I was studying in college and still hope to learn more of. I like romantic comedies, preferably with a supernatural element. And... uh... no sad endings please. If I want sad in my life, I'll watch American TV.

Thanks in advance guys! Thank you thank you thank you.

jack reacher

Re: Looking for Recommendations

Post by jack reacher » May 28th, '15, 06:11

we find different piece of culture in china. Their art & entertainment is colorful. best stand designer in UAE We all get attracted to its culture and entertainment

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Jun 11th, '15, 07:13

I'm actually in the same boat, and I haven't watched a WHOLE lot yet, just some Taiwanese stuff. It's important to note that accents and such are WAY different between Mainland and Taiwanese Mandarin. My teacher told me this, but hearing it was a whole 'nother thing. For Taiwanese, the one that I really really SUPER enjoyed was Drunken to Love You. Accidental marriage trope, a lot of comedy. I just started my first Mainland drama and, uh, well...it's different. Entertaining, but different. So I can't recommend any Mainland dramas yet. I have watched a lot more in the way of movies, but most of what I would recommend would be of the wuxia variety.

KoChun

Post by KoChun » Jun 20th, '15, 09:52

spearcarrier wrote:Hi guys! New here. I joined because my Google foo is pretty weak, and I'm hoping for some input from the experts.

After a long hiatus from Asian shows (mostly anime), I stumbled across My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho. I realize... I like Asian live drama better than anime!! And I definitely prefer rom-com.

So while forcing my husband to watch Legend of Hyang Dan, I'm looking for another to score up. I do like the Korean ones, but I'm actually hoping for Mandarin as that is what I was studying in college and still hope to learn more of. I like romantic comedies, preferably with a supernatural element. And... uh... no sad endings please. If I want sad in my life, I'll watch American TV.

Thanks in advance guys! Thank you thank you thank you.
A popular Korean drama is Winter Sonata.
If you like drama based on true story, look for Japanese produced, One Litre of Tears
If you like to watch something your husband may find interesting, its in Cantonese, The Shell Game
or pronounced in Cantonese as 'Chin Wong Ji Wong' which means Kings of Kings and includes, Chow Yun Fatt

Mandarin language program that has a bit of drama and sometimes funny, try 'Fei Cheng Wu Rao' which is host by Meng Fei
fcwr.jstv.com which is also popularly associated with 'I would rather cry in a BMW' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_would_r ... y_in_a_BMW

Enjoy

soulmuja
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE CDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Post by soulmuja » Apr 10th, '20, 10:28

Best Chinese Dramas You Should Watch:

The Story of Ming Lan 2018
More Info:

Code: Select all

https://mydramalist.com/23911-the-story-of-ming-lan
The Story of Ming Lan, based on the novel written by Guan Xin Ze Luan, follows the concubine-born 6th child of the Sheng household from her childhood into adulthood. Ming Lan first meets Gu Ting Ye, the 2nd son of the Gu Family, as his rival in a game of Touhu, but when she encounters him again in a time of need he goes to great lengths to help her.

Story of Yanxi Palace 2018
More Info:

https://mydramalist.com/28565-the-tale-of-yanxi-palace
A story revolving around a palace maid with a plucky attitude, street smarts, and a good heart as she maneuvers the dangers in the palace to become a concubine of Emperor Qian Long.

Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace 2018
More Info:

https://mydramalist.com/18756-ruyis-royal-love-in-the-palace
The road to becoming an empress is paved with treachery. Ruyi (Zhou Xun) is a consort who quickly learns to navigate the treacherous politics of the the royal court and move up the ranks.
After becoming Empress, Ruyi still must survive the many conspiracies against her. Her relationship with Emperor Qianlong (Wallace Huo) becomes eroded even when Ruyi is able to overcome the challenges.

arisu006
Korea South

Re: RECOMMEND (ask for suggestions here)

Post by arisu006 » May 24th, '22, 21:08

friends please recommend/suggest me many chinese dramas (2015-present if possible) as possible where female lead/female side lead/ female villian kick/knee someone in the groin

thank you so much for all your posts in advance i really appreciate it i am really looking forward to your replies thank you and please don't feel shy in replying ): please someone please reply in this forum i am really hoping pity please and pleaseeee don't judge me lol )-:

fufu7755
Hong Kong

Re: RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE CDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Post by fufu7755 » Feb 28th, '24, 01:20

New drama "Hunting Ice"
The TV series "Hunting Ice" starring Zhang Songwen and Yao Anna, with special appearances by Han Geng and Bao Wenjing, was launched on Tencent Video on February 21 and will be broadcast exclusively on the platform.
"Hunting Ice" is directed by Gao Qunshu. As early as more than 20 years ago, he established his own unique style with "Conquer" and "13 Murder Cases" directed by him, and also produced many powerful actors such as Sun Honglei and Zhang Yi. The famous film "The Wind" directed by him It is still a highly acclaimed classic masterpiece of Chinese-language films.
https://www.knotrope.com/news/65d6251172410407e54bb6b4

notallowedhere
United States of America

Re: Recommend favorite C-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Post by notallowedhere » Mar 26th, '24, 04:19

You should watch Hidden Love, A love so beautiful