Chinese Dragon really exist???

Hong Kong, Taiwanese and Mainland China entertainments goes here.
malay_tiger

Chinese Dragon really exist???

Post by malay_tiger » Jun 16th, '07, 21:36

When I watched discovery channel at home, they show really interesting discovery about Dragon : A Fantasy Made Real

they said that they have found the fossil of European dragon near the icy mountain in Europe.. even test wheter the dragon that they found can produce fire through their mouth or not, amazingly according to the scientific theory that dragon really can produce fire from the mouth!! :O

at the end of the discovery documentary, they ask whether chinese dragon like the one that pictured in ancient vase really exist or not??

see this pics.. the picture of dragon, the fossil that they found on icy mountain..

ilustration on how it looks during ancient days

just curious, I saw this article about they show Chinese Dragon fossil at Xinwei Ancient Life Fossils Museum in Anshun, Guizhou, do anybody have the pics

http://www.chinanews.cn/technology/2007 ... 36776.html

in Indonesia, they called a very big lizard, "Komodo Dragon"?? :lol

lumanogin

Post by lumanogin » Jun 16th, '07, 21:56

LOL that is NOT a fossil. that looks like a studio prop, look at the location. and look at all that skin in tact for somethng millions of years old.

Pachyrhachis problematicus
Closest thing I can think of to the Chinese Dragon that is real.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachyrhachis

malay_tiger

Post by malay_tiger » Jun 17th, '07, 03:29

lumanogin, are you saying discovery channel want to fool us?? maybe..

the things buried under the ice really look like being preservered, like million years of human they found on icy ice.. don't know

but the closest to the sea dragon I think is this pics,

it have horn and legs too :whistling:

dtran08

Post by dtran08 » Jun 18th, '07, 19:56

it's not real the discovery channel made the whole show based on theory. they were saying that if there were real dragons then that would be the possible explanation for their existence.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Jun 18th, '07, 20:16

I have heard that Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer was in fact a Chinese dragon, but that Santa Claus got spooked when Mike Wallace started nosing around at the pole, asking embarrassing questions. To avoid taking the heat for an illegal trafficking in exotic animals charge, he dissembled by making up the story about a reindeer with a glowing nose. Since "Rudolph" had only ever been accidentally photographed on foggy, moonless nights, and with the vast public relations resources of the North Pole to support him, Santa was able to suppress the truth. The fact that the Discovery Channel (and Discovery magazine, that august journal of all things scientifical) is a product of the Disney Corporation should be ignored as irrelevant. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Look, up in the sky... It's Tinkerbell!

bibiangel

Post by bibiangel » Jul 27th, '07, 00:58

Dragons are real...

I study History, and also doing history papers...

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Jul 27th, '07, 14:35

You need to cut back on that Puff the Magic Dragon there bibi.

Sayumi

Post by Sayumi » Jul 27th, '07, 14:52

I also don't believe that chinese dragons really exist
what I think is a cool sea creature is the sea dragon :) it's a seahorse with leaflike wings! I saw it in an aquarium in Lisboa(Portugal)
pretty neat huh ^-^

Nonbirira

Post by Nonbirira » Jul 27th, '07, 14:55

Ha, ha, ha! :lol pokute, you are pretty funny! Loved your Rudoph the Red Nosed Reindeer scoop! Great stuff!

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Jul 27th, '07, 16:48

Nonbirira wrote:Ha, ha, ha! :lol pokute, you are pretty funny! Loved your Rudoph the Red Nosed Reindeer scoop! Great stuff!
Somebody has to be brave enough to speak the truth. I stand for justice as well.

bcktang

Post by bcktang » Jul 27th, '07, 18:06

hi there,

i notice your nick is malay_tiger, and you are asking about the 'chinese dragon' what a coincidence,
maybe several yrs later some1 will be asing the same Q, does malay tiger exist ,

lol, dun get mad, just a joke,

Brothers

Post by Brothers » Jul 29th, '07, 21:50

More info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_D ... docudrama)

This isn't really a documentary but a WHAT IF they were real, how they would of being able to breath fire etc.

muszoo

Dragon???

Post by muszoo » Dec 9th, '07, 07:19

:scratch: the only dragon that i know is Bruce Lee. Do you know why people call him, "the Dragon." It goes like this Dragon here and Dragon there. You get it, if you don't it's his movies. :scratch: :glare: :| :-( :roll :-) :O :lol :D :w00t: :cheers: now u c the dragon die, but there is a dragon blood line still carry his legacy.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Dec 9th, '07, 07:43

Lol! ROFL!

Yes, dragons exist. I am a Chinese dragon. ;) :P

In all seriousness, this is the closes thing I've found to dragons. Here are some pics:
That is a baby one... but isn't it darling?

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Dec 19th, '07, 07:55

Yes...yes they do...

Winter_Stargirl

Post by Winter_Stargirl » Apr 22nd, '08, 10:23

meh ethidda ! that first pic you posted looks like a cross between a slug and a fish ! EW ! no offence to the poor thing, though :)

but ngawww won't it be so romantic if dragons did exist? ^o^ i remember when i was little there was a tvb drama about chinese dragons . i cant remember a thing of it now except that i liked the show ! ROFLS.

lexuos2006

Post by lexuos2006 » May 3rd, '08, 05:02

maybe they do.........just that we dont knw of it.......just because we dont knw of its existence doesnt mean that it does not exist.....

and that drawing is definitely a western dragon.....hey chinese dragons does not have hands.....

slumbery

Post by slumbery » Jun 26th, '08, 07:00

:D
how do you know chinese dragon has no hand?

if there is no dragon in this world. i wonder who's the genius that creates it.?????

hacksign

Post by hacksign » Jun 26th, '08, 07:42

Dragons, like other mythical creatures, are just creation of human mind using whatever little they've seen or know about... whatever. You see remnants of "dragons" in fossil records of stuff like dinosaurs or snakes or some other amphibians so you kinda have an idea where the idea originated from. However, the things you said about breathing fire out of their mouth for that "fossil" image (which really does not look like a fossil to begin with) should have struck foul. Other than the fact it would be improbable that it could be discerned through fossil, the amount of heat and energy it would take the produce fire from the mouth would render them incapable of surviving after the first "attack."

Yeah, so... long answer short: fake.

LMF_

Post by LMF_ » Jun 26th, '08, 14:02

You can buy them at your local pet store.
I have my own.

@pokute
My sarcasm radar exploded