Can't stay logged-in in Firefox

New D-Addicts phpBB3 forum discussions
PenagihDrama
Fansubber
Fansubber
Malaysia

Can't stay logged-in in Firefox

Post by PenagihDrama » Apr 24th, '20, 15:14

**I don't know if this is the right section. If it's not, hopefully admin could move it to a more proper place.

I'm having problem to stay logged in on the site when using FireFox browser. I noticed this only happens to member-locked areas (i.e subtitle), but not always the same symptom every time. The other day after opening page 1 of a subtitle, I can't go to page 2 and so on without the needs of re-login. Today I can't download the attachment. Some other days, I had to re-login when clicking on any subtitle thread even though I already in Subtitle section (which means I have logged-in therefore I could see the threads).

This could be browser specific issue because I have no such problem with Chromium. Not sure with Chrome and other browsers though.

Hopefully admin could take a look into this. Thanks in advance.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: Can't stay logged-in in Firefox

Post by Keiko1981 » Apr 24th, '20, 17:56

I'm using FireFox myself and am not having that issue.
Have you clicked the "Remember me" check box when logging in?

Hopefully @Ruroshin can be of more help than me.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Apr 25th, '20, 19:49

I'm not sure what the issue is here, but I made some minor changes to the cookie settings. Hopefully, that'll fix the problem.

If it's still not fixed, then it might be browser-related or any add-on installed within the browser.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Apr 25th, '20, 20:37

Ruroshin wrote: Apr 25th, '20, 19:49 I'm not sure what the issue is here, but I made some minor changes to the cookie settings. Hopefully, that'll fix the problem.

If it's still not fixed, then it might be browser-related or any add-on installed within the browser.
Now others are reporting they can't even log in.

@PenagihDrama and others...

Have you tried to delete the cookie(s) for D-Addicts specifically in your browser settings, does that solve the issue?

HPriest
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by HPriest » Apr 25th, '20, 20:41

I had to delete cookies to even able to log in.
Seems like a conflict between old cookies and new cookie settings.
I hope there's a fix so other people won't be locked out.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Apr 25th, '20, 20:43

HPriest wrote: Apr 25th, '20, 20:41 I had to delete cookies to even able to log in.
@Keiko1981

Yes, that's the issue. I just purged all the old sessions and cache. Every user has to login again to start a new cookie.

HPriest
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by HPriest » Apr 25th, '20, 20:47

Ruroshin wrote: Apr 25th, '20, 20:43
HPriest wrote: Apr 25th, '20, 20:41 I had to delete cookies to even able to log in.
@Keiko1981

Yes, that's the issue. I just purged all the old sessions and cache. Every user has to login again to start a new cookie.
Except you can't login unless you manually delete your cookies...

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Apr 25th, '20, 22:19

I was just locked out in Chrome.

I guess that I have to remove Cookies??????

Accessing via Safari right now.

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Apr 25th, '20, 22:27

Well I removed all of Chrome's old cookies and am now logged in via Chrome.

:-( :-(

replaystar

Post by replaystar » Apr 25th, '20, 23:02

I've had this problem for a number of years on Firefox and Chrome. It also happens to other websites and some other website have no problem at all. What I put it down to is (and I could be entirely wrong) is Privacy Badger add on.

In the end, I will keep the Privacy Badger add-on, I do not intend to remove it. I can live with re entering my password because it keeps it fresh in my mind what the pasword is!!

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Apr 26th, '20, 00:01

replaystar wrote: Apr 25th, '20, 23:02 I've had this problem for a number of years on Firefox and Chrome. It also happens to other websites and some other website have no problem at all. What I put it down to is (and I could be entirely wrong) is Privacy Badger add on.

In the end, I will keep the Privacy Badger add-on, I do not intend to remove it. I can live with re entering my password because it keeps it fresh in my mind what the pasword is!!
In my case it is not as simple as re entering the password. I have to delete all the cookies related to D-Addicts which wipes out my Notifications and New Posts. :-(

Rick
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
New Zealand

Post by Rick » Apr 26th, '20, 09:54

I couldn't log in at all in Chrome, cleared cookies and cache, re-entered password, no difference. Had to resort to Internet Explorer, ewwww....

tomzero
United States of America

Post by tomzero » Apr 26th, '20, 20:39

Deleted all cookies in Firefox but still can't log in. Works in Chrome tho.

PenagihDrama
Fansubber
Fansubber
Malaysia

Post by PenagihDrama » Apr 27th, '20, 15:34

Keiko1981 wrote: Apr 25th, '20, 20:37
Ruroshin wrote: Apr 25th, '20, 19:49 I'm not sure what the issue is here, but I made some minor changes to the cookie settings. Hopefully, that'll fix the problem.

Now others are reporting they can't even log in.

@PenagihDrama and others...

Have you tried to delete the cookie(s) for D-Addicts specifically in your browser settings, does that solve the issue?
Sorry for my late reply...I just realized that I didn't subscribe the thread :mrgreen:

I think I have resolved the issue. I only login today so I don't know if this is partly because of the new fix by @Ruroshin, but after turning OFF tracking on Firefox, I don't have the problem again.

However before turning off tracking, Firefox was behaving worst than the last time I logged in..Today it would automatically logged me out upon clicking on any page/thread.

I don't store cookies on my Firefox...perhaps the culprit is Tracking in my case...

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Apr 28th, '20, 20:35

Rick wrote: Apr 26th, '20, 09:54 I couldn't log in at all in Chrome, cleared cookies and cache, re-entered password, no difference. Had to resort to Internet Explorer, ewwww....
I had the same issues a few days ago. Using Chrome on Windows 10 with Nano Adblocker and Nano Defender, among other add-ons. I would try and log in, but the forum would simply not do it. I would hit the button, page would load, but I would end up back at the log in page again and again. Couldn't access my account, no sign of being logged in anywhere. Tried a few times, leaving and coming back, etc. Lazy stuff. But quickly gave up and cleared all browser data (except saved user names and passwords because lazy) via the advanced tab in the clear browsing data setting of Chrome, restarted the browser, and voila, I was able to log in and have been since my last log in time.

If that hadn't worked, I would have tried disabling the ad blocker, rebooting my computer, or another browser. But there was no need.

Could it have been a problem with a certificate or other site data? Just floating the idea. Really have no clue.

Nodof

Post by Nodof » Apr 28th, '20, 23:46

This is a pain. 3 computers, 4 browsers each and 2 diff OS and have 1 browser on 1 computer lets me sign in.

PenagihDrama
Fansubber
Fansubber
Malaysia

Post by PenagihDrama » Apr 30th, '20, 14:44

It happens again...Firefox just keep me locked out on every new click after login..as before I already set the tracking protection to OFF, cleared caches, and even turned off Adblock...but no luck

Chromium on the other hand, is working great though

brigichan
Fansubber
Fansubber
Hungary

Post by brigichan » May 2nd, '20, 17:03

I get the same issue. The only way I can log in is to use incognito mode in Chrome. I deleted cache and cookies, but still cannot log in in normal more, not on PC or mobile. Other users are experiencing it in my community (Hungarian fans) as well, as I've heard.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » May 2nd, '20, 17:14

brigichan wrote: May 2nd, '20, 17:03 I get the same issue. The only way I can log in is to use incognito mode in Chrome. I deleted cache and cookies, but still cannot log in in normal more, not on PC or mobile. Other users are experiencing it in my community (Hungarian fans) as well, as I've heard.
@Ruroshin Since other phpBB forums are affected as well, could it be a recent update? Or Cloudflare?

Most recent topic about logout issue + Cloudflare
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2551181

Not exactly the issue we have here, but similar.
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2525221