Is Korea doomed?

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
riki_kun

Is Korea doomed?

Post by riki_kun » Mar 30th, '13, 12:07

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03 ... uth-korea/

So it's very close to a new war between the North and South and if what the experts are saying is correct it will be a war that could kill millions , especially if North uses nuclear weapons , all this is terrible and i hope it never happens.
Also USA will help the South and they will probably burn NK to ashes , so if this really happens will it be the end for both South and North Korea?

bluesue

Post by bluesue » Mar 30th, '13, 12:39

well hope that war never happen, but if happen hope in the future both can be united become one nation

ooyoo

Post by ooyoo » Mar 30th, '13, 13:25

All of NK's sabre-rattling is serving on purpose - to rally its citizens behind their new leader. The only way for him to convince them he's a deity worthy of worship is to showboat and shoot his mouth off. It's not like the average NK citizen knows anything about the real world anyway - they only know what their government tells them.

Besides, there's a big NK holiday coming up and in addition to that, the Peasant Army are due to return to their farms. Can't not grow the Elites' dinners, can we? NK knows war is suicide so they will continue to do what they've been doing since the Armistice was signed: make noise until they get some attention.

At least I hope so - I live in Seoul LOL

kangxy67

Post by kangxy67 » Mar 30th, '13, 13:42

Yay for being all the way at NZ.

NK has tried so many things but nothing much came out of anything. I wouldnt really bother. Lol.

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Mar 30th, '13, 14:07

ooyoo wrote:All of NK's sabre-rattling is serving on purpose - to rally its citizens behind their new leader. The only way for him to convince them he's a deity worthy of worship is to showboat and shoot his mouth off. It's not like the average NK citizen knows anything about the real world anyway - they only know what their government tells them.

Besides, there's a big NK holiday coming up and in addition to that, the Peasant Army are due to return to their farms. Can't not grow the Elites' dinners, can we? NK knows war is suicide so they will continue to do what they've been doing since the Armistice was signed: make noise until they get some attention.

At least I hope so - I live in Seoul LOL
I hope you are right and nothing bad happens , i'm more worried about the U.S. doing something stupid about this and unleashing a war.

DragonSpikeXIII

Post by DragonSpikeXIII » Mar 30th, '13, 14:09

Relax (how ironic), the Koreas have been "at war" since the end of the Korean War. Nothing new and nothing to worry about.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 3rd, '13, 05:45

Korea has been at war for thousands of years even before it was called Korea and even before the three Kingdoms. In one way it has been halted because of the nuclear threats. One action in that regard from the north and they would be decimated by more than one country.

I hope they don't start anything. We surely would never have any Korean dramas to see or discuss any more. The whole of Korea would be out of bounds for hundreds of years.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Jul 3rd, '13, 06:05

Even with Mishil running the show down south and Looney Tunes running things up north, I'm not worrying. Both sides are giving up a lot of hot air to score political points with their respective home audiences. The media hype things up and the hoi polloi get distracted from how lousy things are on the domestic front.

tuku99

Invasion by the North?

Post by tuku99 » Jan 18th, '14, 03:01

So far, it has survived....

I was kind of concerned...

But, I went this last summer, I survived 1 week there, there was NO invasion of the North... My friends kind of laughed off my concerns.

I met a US Marine, off base (in a shopping area), he serves in the DMZ, I quizzed him about this topic...

He just laughed it off, saying it sells Newspapers, and keeps the news outlets happy... Nothing's changed he said...

:fear: :fear: :fear: