What's the worst korean drama you have seen?

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Oct 24th, '05, 03:30

Let's see....I can't pick just one. Out of what I've seen, my least favorite were:

Autumn Story (good, but melodramatic, not the best, ending sucked.)
Bright Girl (kept me watching, ending was completely random and sucked)
Guardian Angel (Had potential, but...*yawn*)

kuraizie

Post by kuraizie » Oct 24th, '05, 03:33

dont kill me..but i cant stand kdramas...most of them drag on for soooo long and by the end you've forgotten wat the point of the story was.
the main female lead always has some rare incurable disease and then she dies in her lovers' arms while watching the sunset/sunrise...of course im only talking about the sappy ones..
the one i cant stand is Autumn Tale...to me, its like borderline incest even if the main charas werent related..

theres only one kdrama i've been able to watch and thats full house..it wasnt very long (but the episodes in the middle were still unneeded, but that happens in a lot of dramas...) and it was funny and well-acted imo.

koorikoori

Post by koorikoori » Oct 24th, '05, 04:07

cgozun wrote:Took me 2 years to finish Winter Sonata. It was boring and I didn't like the entire cast. Took me 3 years to finally give up on Autumn Tale. I saw several eps and I couldn't take it so I just delete the whole damn series. I used to love Korean Entertainment then I noticed a trend. I gave up on Kdramas...too long, repetative and predictable.
after all the hype over Kdramas, I think my personal favourites are still Jdramas. Short and sweet. That's besides the point.
My personal worst Kdramas are:
  • 1) Lovers in Paris (didn't really watched it, but the 2 supporting characters are so so so digusting and stupid, and the female lead just can't seem to act for nuts)
    2) Stairway to Heaven (no offence to all SoH fans, but God. how can anyone finish that show!! It's so similar to Autumn, Winter, Summer..and what else. Majority of Kdramas have someone dying of cancer or what not at some point of time. :crazy: )
Actually most Kdramas can do themselves a favour by cutting out the middle 10 eps. And they'll be short and sweet. Haha, and we don't have to fast forward the show half of the time.

owl10

Post by owl10 » Oct 24th, '05, 07:39

I think the worst Korean drama that I have ever watched is Summer Scent. The story is really stupid and it just go round round where it comes back to the original point. This drama is really full of crap...

pinksoju

Post by pinksoju » Oct 24th, '05, 22:55

im really picky about my dramas, so all the bad ones that people are naming off i havnt seen them.. thank God? -O- anyways i think 3 leaf clover was the worst i've seen.

pinksoju

Post by pinksoju » Oct 24th, '05, 22:55

other than that, i dont think i've seen anything that boring

melz83

Post by melz83 » Oct 25th, '05, 22:33

i havent watched many k-dramas but the worst so far is RIVAL. the story did not make sense to me and the evil girl just made it worse.

superfatpig

Post by superfatpig » Oct 26th, '05, 00:39

For me, the worst drama i have seen are

1. Thousand Years of Love
2. Nine Tailed Fox
3. Loveholic
4. Successful Story of a Bright Girl
5. Love Story in Harvard
6. Prince's First Love
7. Only You

TragicKingdom

Post by TragicKingdom » Oct 28th, '05, 17:55

neonkinpatsu wrote:Let's see....I can't pick just one. Out of what I've seen, my least favorite were:

Bright Girl (kept me watching, ending was completely random and sucked)
*Sigh* I just recently watched this series... And to be honest, I really didn't like the majority of the cast. Han Eun Jung and Ryu Soo Young made me cringe throughout the series. Jang Nara was the main reason I kept on watching. However the ending was very dissapointing. I was like WTF?! The ending really spoiled it for me...

LOL, I can't believe someone actually disliked Dae Jang Geum. It's my favourite kdrama up till now.

chomania1986

Worst Kdramas - Dramas you should keep away from

Post by chomania1986 » Dec 8th, '05, 14:26

I don't know if a topic like this has been opened before, so....
I thought after a "recommend your drama" topic there should be one which names dramas that aren't worth watching.(without any spoilers!) 'cause watching dramas takes a lot of time (let alone downloading them) and nothing is more a pain in the ass than watching a drama and findig out that after all it was a crappy drama and a waste of time.

I guess I'll start then. I haven't watched many dramas yet, but keep away from:

AUTUMN TALE

I have no freakin' idea why it was so popular and why so many members here recommend that drama. So I'm telling you:
keep away from it unless:
- you're oversensitive and like cheesy and corny dramas
- you like short dialogues which are repeated over and over ("Sorry" , "Marry me" , "I like you" bla bla bla)
- you like bad performances by actors who have only two facial expressions at most (like the grown-up Joon-Suh)
- you adore Song Hye-Gyo (she sucks in this drama, but performed greatly in Full House)
- you're into overstretched plots that drag like hell
- you like bad!!!! (couldn't believe it!) endings
- you like actresses who constantly whine and cry as if someone rubbed onions on their eyes (like the actress who played Joon-Suh's fiancé.....she's by far the most annoying chick I've ever seen)
- you need something to be able to sleep

Edit: Please, if you name any dramas, give some reasons. This is not a topic where you talk trash about a drama! (Really, thats not my intention). Rather it's a help for everyone to save time. So if, for example, several people don't like "XYZ" and give reasonable explanations, I, personally, am not gonna watch "XYZ".

JoSungMo

Post by JoSungMo » Dec 9th, '05, 05:28

Lets go to beach(?) 해변으로 가요
and
Nine tailed FOX

Ohhh thats all with Jun Jin!

pic from Lets go to beach

bbgirl03

Post by bbgirl03 » Dec 9th, '05, 06:00

love story in harvard- the story is stupid
summer scent.. i skimmed through most of the episodes. the heart coincedence thing is very unrealistic
attic cat- it's sooo boring
loving u.. i didnt even finish the first episode.. it was hella boring
wedding - wth ! i was looking forward to a good jang nara series. this series is so boring. And the story is not that appealing..
let's go to the beach - the beginning was alright... but the story became more stupid after the 7th episode...

autumnleaves

Post by autumnleaves » Dec 9th, '05, 07:26

The least favorite drama I have seen would be Winter Sonata. The storyline was boring and very sleepy plus there were too many crying scenes. If it was not for BYJ, then I would not even bother finishing Winter Sonata.

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Dec 9th, '05, 08:32

in my opinion: *Hope ppl won't trample me over*

Chinese
Devil Beside You - The majority of asians who've watched this hav overrated this series. To me it was the most stupidest Taiwanese Drama made. It was soo childish, unrealistic, fairy taleish, boring, and very predictable. I just couldn't continue onto ep 4.
My Sassy Princess - I was very excited to watch this drama bcuz Alec & Jang Nara starred in it. Everything was fine until it just started to drag towards the end. it was another copy of Princess Huai Yu but in a shorter version. I thought they made a horrible job puttin it together everything seemed to happen too fast in a short amount of time.
The World's Greatest - Havin da fact that Wallace Huo (hottest Taiwanese actor) & Michelle Yip (fav tvb actress) will star as a couple in here, I was eager to watch it. The poster made it interestin too. The acting was great but the storyline was not so great. The onli scenes I liked were the scenes wit Wallace & Michelle, Roger & the princess. I didn't like dat Michelle had to die in the end. oh but the kissin scene was liek woah! not expected, went overboard! :w00t:
Empress Wu Mei Nian - I tried to watch this series thinkin it would be great but turns out I was wrong. I only watched about 10 episode out of 40 and the whole time throughout the series, it dragged big time!
Miracle Healers - The was series not bad wen I was watchin it but then it stared to drag towards the end & the just skipped to the endin.
Meteor Garden II - It wasn't necessarily a bad series but it was a waste of time watchin da second where Jerry just goes thru this process of losin his memory & gainin his memory in da end.
Wind & Cloud 1 & 2 - I seriously can't think of a reason why to like these series bcuz it was borin & I didn't get the point of the story.
Kung Fu Soccer - Self-explanatory....comeon a whole series about a ridiculous soccer game wit stupid features & predictable plot.
Affair Of Half A Lifetime - The whole Patrick Tam & Ruby Lin chemistry just wasn't workin for me. I can't stand them together, they're just not compatible on screen! This series seemed more of an adult series which I du nlike to watch!
Seven Gavalier - I did not like the casting & the plot of the story. It bored me to death!
Yin Xie Dao - Did not like the casting & the Main character guy looked lik a girl!
Misty Love In Palace - Watched it bcuz of Benny Chan & was addicted to it until it got Halfway where everythin started to drag & all the females were dyin so there was nothin else to look forward to...strongly disliked the ending!
Amor De Tarapaca - Dat Korean guy annoys me throughout the whole series bcuz of how he looked & dat fac expression he makes, makes me go crazy!
Li Shi Chuan Qi Ju Xin Nu Fu Ma - The plot was great & interesting. It's just the casting, I felt bad fer Betty Huang cuz she was da onli young cast & everyone looked so old & it was killin me!
The Magician - Jus the fact that it was a whole series on magic was a turn off & da whole time Alec sounded like he was havin a hard time inhalin! & da fact that they find out that they were blood related siblings & can't be together.
House Of Apple - Old series, actors seem lik they did not hav acting experience, & the plot was horrible. EVerythin was just bad!
The Portrait of a Dream - The plot was bad, some of da casting was bad, and the ending was bad.
At The Dolphin Bay - Plot was bad but casting was good except fer Angela, she looked horrible & I didn't like Ambrose's look. The kids looked so horrible & da plot was soo bad. The first ep was bad enough for me that I couldn't continue.
The Handsome Siblings - The whole casting was good except Fan Bing Bing...couldn't stand her. The plot was good until hafway then it started to drag & the series was way too long.

Note: I hav a whole lot more of positive series than negative...I watch a whole bunch of chinese series so it may seem a lot.

Korean
The Successful Story of a Bright Girl - I was addicted to this series after watchin it because they tortured each other & hated each other which turned to lovin each other. I didn't like the whole problem thin wit makin of the whole beauty products, it was so boring to watch!
My Love Patzzi - This series was interestin until halfway thru. Kim Jae Won looked so cute in here! I did not like the plot of the story & the ending was so predictable! I didn't like it at all!
Prince's First Love - Although I did like the chemistry between Eugene & Cha Tae Hyun, the drama was draggy & there were some of da actors's appearance that I couldn't stand. The plot was not good cuz dey made her go thru this whole process of gettin wit her love & in da end she realizes dat she loves da otha one more.
What Happened In Bali - One of da worst series I've ever seen in my entire life. There's no theme to it & everything was so slow! She doesn't even deserve him & she's an F***in 2 timin whore! The plot was horrible & so was the ending! I can't believe ppl actually liked this series. I fast forwarded 85% of the whole series, it was so boring to watch. *sigh*
Last edited by azndgn26 on Feb 11th, '06, 23:53, edited 3 times in total.

mangorock90

Post by mangorock90 » Dec 9th, '05, 12:27

The worst Korean Drama that I have ever watch :
-the Prince's first love = the story is so lame..nothing special..one word BORING !!!!!
-what happened in Bali = starting is nice but the ending is a shocking.....Unpredictable...
-phoenix = the story is quite boring...

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 9th, '05, 14:59

I'm like pinksoju. i'm really picky about which dramas i watch. i haven't seen too many kdramas but so far the worst one i've seen was what happened in bali. which actually wasn't bad. I absolute loved the ending. i think it would have been better if maybe they had omitted 10-15 of the middle episodes. total drag.

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Dec 9th, '05, 19:42

x_XJules wrote:I'm like pinksoju. i'm really picky about which dramas i watch. i haven't seen too many kdramas but so far the worst one i've seen was what happened in bali. which actually wasn't bad. I absolute loved the ending. i think it would have been better if maybe they had omitted 10-15 of the middle episodes. total drag.
i agree. what happened in bali wasn't that great. i will actually take back what i said earlier in this thread since i rewatched it. i can say that it isn't that bad. since i'm changing the worse drama i've seen, i think the worst would be 'Ireland', no offense to all Hyun Bin fans out there, but the story line is pointless and damn, i hate unfaithful women.

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Dec 10th, '05, 01:15

attic cat. i think it was so boring.i really don't know what is so good abou it.i stop watching after first episode

winter sonata. too much of dragging.luckily this wasn't my first kdrama or i would stop watching kdrama. too much coicidence in this,don't you think?

thousand years of love-bad acting,bad wardrobe, ridiculous story.need i say more? going to the future is fine with me but combined with bad acting and wardrobe.?

phoenix i didn't even get through the first episode.i stop watching after 30 minutes.

Em_mie

Post by Em_mie » Dec 10th, '05, 01:28

azndgn26 wrote:in my opinion: *Hope ppl won't trample me over*
Devil Beside You - The majority of asians who've watched this hav overrated this series. To me it was the most stupidest Taiwanese Drama made. It was soo childish, unrealistic, fairy taleish, boring, and very predictable. I just couldn't continue onto ep 4.
i so agree with you. watched like 15 minutes of the 1st episode and the acting (especially from rainie) turned me off so bad i stopped watching the whole series :cussing: despite spending hours and hours downloading it. deleted it completely from my computer....

rhap

Post by rhap » Dec 10th, '05, 02:36

Em_mie wrote:
azndgn26 wrote:in my opinion: *Hope ppl won't trample me over*
i so agree with you. watched like 15 minutes of the 1st episode and the acting (especially from rainie) turned me off so bad i stopped watching the whole series :cussing: despite spending hours and hours downloading it. deleted it completely from my computer....
I fully agree as well while i could've tolerated the plot, the acting was horrendous and i couldn't be bothered watching the rest of the drama.

As for k-dramas, the worst one i've seen is Fashion 70s. While the acting and cinematography got me through to ep 21, i found the plot draggy - unlike the first five eps which were really good. Also, i was disappointed by the fact that fashion didn't play such a significant role in the drama.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Mar 1st, '07, 03:31

geez...some of these posts make me mad. haha.
i guess i just hate it when my favorite dramas get bashed
like winter sonata and stairway to heaven :-(
i loved those two and really dont get how winter sonata dragged at all
i loved every minute of it

is it really fair to comment on dramas that you never finished though?
especially if youve only seen 1 episode
cuz after 5 episodes of autumn fairytale i thought it was sooo boring and slow and nothing was happening but since i can never leave a drama unfinished, i suffered through the middle and the ending turned out to be pretty good. cuz the last 3 episodes made me cry so hard and i love dramas that make me cry.
Last edited by fizzlex3mh on May 18th, '07, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 1st, '07, 13:36

wow...you just bumped a thread that's 2 years old! I've never seen this before...interesting read. :O

I'm surprised to see some dramas you guys mention like WHIB and Autumn Tale - I thought those 2 were quite good. I usually do thorough research before fully committing to a drama, so I haven't really seen one I hated yet. And the ones that I couldn't stand, I didn't manage to complete, so I guess I can't post them here :)

veracious

Post by veracious » Mar 1st, '07, 13:58

fizzlex3mh wrote: is it really fair to comment on dramas that you never finished though?
I think it's completely fair. A drama doesn't have to be awesome from the first minute onwards but if it doesn't make me want to watch more of it after one or two episodes, then obviously it's not good enough in my opinion and I'm not going to watch any more of it just to see if it gets good at some point.

And anyway, it's just an opinion... If somebody doesn't like your favourite dramas, well, their loss! :)

Though sometimes it's not about the quality, it's more about a drama being to my taste than anything... I can admit Sweet 18 is well made but I didn't like it much so I never finished it.

I should've checked this thread before I watched the first episode of Prince's First Love... I loved Chae Tae-hyun in My Sassy Girl but man, that episode was tedious to watch. The heroine was okay but his character was sort of really unpleasant. And the Western extras were ugly. Bleh. :/ I couldn't suffer through another episode.

wildflower

Post by wildflower » Mar 1st, '07, 15:23

Wow, so many bad dramas out. Thanks for giving me the heads up on the dramas I shouldn't watch. I haven't seen many dramas but getting around to it.

The drama I least liked out of all the drama I've seen is Love Letter. I spent all my time downloading it and watching it to find out it really sucked.

I'm currently downloading I'm Sorry I Love you. I've read from people that this is a good drama, so I hope I won't get disappointed.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Mar 1st, '07, 21:03

veracious wrote:
fizzlex3mh wrote: is it really fair to comment on dramas that you never finished though?
I think it's completely fair. A drama doesn't have to be awesome from the first minute onwards but if it doesn't make me want to watch more of it after one or two episodes, then obviously it's not good enough in my opinion and I'm not going to watch any more of it just to see if it gets good at some point.
im not saying you have to finish a drama after seeing the first episode. i said i dont think its fair to say it sucks and advise people not to see it. the first episodes are usually not very exciting but i think the story always gets better.

and woah...i hadnt noticed this thread is 2 years old. haha. :roll
Last edited by fizzlex3mh on Apr 4th, '07, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

veracious

Post by veracious » Mar 1st, '07, 21:11

I agree it's unfair to advice people against it in an absolute manner, like as if nobody could appreciate that show at all - after all, tastes are different. Like I might voice my opinion that I thought it sucked, but others of course have to see for themselves if they agree with me or not...

majing_28

Post by majing_28 » Mar 2nd, '07, 06:22

i only watch few korean dramas those are full house, my girl, goong, lovers in paris, loving you, save the last dance, wondserful life, a love to kill and only you...
i guess the worst was a love to kill its funny because my favorite drama was full house i only watched a love to kill because i can't sleep at night if my tv is not on and a love to kill was the show in abs-cbn when i am about to sleep well i don't know the shows in other channel thats why i prefer a love to kill ehehe its not good at all the story is so messed up, plus bi and shin min ah have no chemistry :D song hye kyo and bi are much better :cheers:
Last edited by majing_28 on Mar 8th, '07, 07:44, edited 1 time in total.

Auty
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Auty » Mar 2nd, '07, 06:43

I thought Sweet 18 was pretty boring, it had its moments, but I would never watch it again and I really wanted to quit watching after awhile, I only finished because I hate leaving dramas unfinished..

Another one would be Loveholic, it started out HELLA good, and then from episode 9 onwards it drags sooo much.. I'm currently forcing myself to watch the rest of it.

sh2433

Post by sh2433 » Mar 2nd, '07, 07:03

I have to say autumn tale was the worst by far. it was a tale of spiraling ugh.. and i had to skip foward the last 5 episodes just so i could tell how the series ended.

itssmojojojo

Post by itssmojojojo » Mar 2nd, '07, 07:26

hm..didnt really like any in the season series..autumn tale, summer scent, and winter sonata.
i've heard good things about spring waltz so maybe il get to it.

lovers in paris, what star did you come from and ireland didnt work too well for me either..so draggy ! :glare: :unsure: :whistling:

crimmy

Post by crimmy » Mar 3rd, '07, 14:07

Winter Sonata - failure.

Only watched 2 eps.. 2 freakin long eps and i couldnt take it anymore. >_<

ellenrose

Post by ellenrose » Mar 8th, '07, 05:19

hmm for me i think it's the vineyard man,I didn't get the story was trying to tell us,I like eun hye but i'm more on ji hoon than the other guy,he is not even cute

melica37

Post by melica37 » Mar 8th, '07, 05:29

I am sure there are terrible one's I haven't seen but so far it is Summer Scent. The scent of dragging dullness.

I I had to hear Shubert's Serenade one more time I would have had a seizure.

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Mar 8th, '07, 06:06

[img]http://silentregrets.com/images/stories/goongs.gif[/img]
goong s-[ dull, poor acting, not original. Se7en and the lead girl annoy the living heck out of me. I fast-forwarded through most of it. I got to ep. 9 and didn't even care that ep. 10 is subbed too.

Fireworks with the Korean plastic chick (you know who I'm talking about); fast-forwarded to most of it. got to ep. 8 and I just stopped.

[img]http://silentregrets.com/dramas/wp-cont ... stld4m.gif[/img]
Save the last dance for me- I didn't like the lead guy or Eugene. What happen at the end was really stupid. Just because you find yourself handicap, you don't runaway. I'm always surprise to hear that people really like this DRAMA. I hated it. I finished it, but i fast-forwarded to most of it.

[img]http://silentregrets.com/dramas/wp-cont ... wwhite.gif[/img]
Snow white- her outfit and look at the beginning really made it unbearable to watch. there was no chemistry between the leads. I was not amuse or impressed.

[img]http://silentregrets.com/dramas/wp-cont ... 9yrold.gif[/img]
My Sister-In-Law Is 19 Not funny at all, the beginning scene where the girl loses her mother and father gets into an accident, I didn't even feel sympathetic. THIS DRAMA IS THE MOTHER OF ALL ANNOYING KDRAMAS. Somehow with the power of the fast-forwarding button, i was able to finish it.

iLOVEhyunbin

Post by iLOVEhyunbin » Mar 8th, '07, 06:49

nophankh wrote:[img]http://silentregrets.com/images/stories/goongs.gif[/img]
goong s-[ dull, poor acting, not original. Se7en and the lead girl annoy the living heck out of me. I fast-forwarded through most of it. I got to ep. 9 and didn't even care that ep. 10 is subbed too.

Fireworks with the Korean plastic chick (you know who I'm talking about); fast-forwarded to most of it. got to ep. 8 and I just stopped.

[img]http://silentregrets.com/dramas/wp-cont ... stld4m.gif[/img]
Save the last dance for me- I didn't like the lead guy or Eugene. What happen at the end was really stupid. Just because you find yourself handicap, you don't runaway. I'm always surprise to hear that people really like this DRAMA. I hated it. I finished it, but i fast-forwarded to most of it.

[img]http://silentregrets.com/dramas/wp-cont ... wwhite.gif[/img]
Snow white- her outfit and look at the beginning really made it unbearable to watch. there was no chemistry between the leads. I was not amuse or impressed.

[img]http://silentregrets.com/dramas/wp-cont ... 9yrold.gif[/img]
My Sister-In-Law Is 19 Not funny at all, the beginning scene where the girl loses her mother and father gets into an accident, I didn't even feel sympathetic. THIS DRAMA IS THE MOTHER OF ALL ANNOYING KDRAMAS. Somehow with the power of the fast-forwarding button, i was able to finish it.

i have to totally agree w/ you on goong s. the only reason i watch it is cause of se7en. he`s soo cutee but i`m gonan be blunt. i don`t really like his acting. it`s kinda eehh. he`s hot though i must admit & i was soo excited to watch this when it came out but goshh i have to FORCE myself to watch it. the girl is not all that attractive either. her acting is pretty dull also. i love park shin hye but i dunnoe why she`s not the main character! although goong was super cute but laggy at the same time, it soo beats goong s ANYDAY !

fireworks wasn`t good? the storyline seems funny & the actress is soo cute ! thats why i decided to download this drama.. hmm thanks for the warning =]

i have to disagree with you on save the last dance for me. i loveee the castingg! except for the side guy. ughh he scared me sometimes. it was sooo sad & it was overall cutee =] in my opinion, i loved it <3

damb i thought snow white was good ! i mean i didn`t watch it but it seems good =] there`s lee wan & Kim Jung Hwa. two good looking people . what more can you ask for =]

i thoughtt BREATHLESS was a complete waste of time. it was BORINGBORINGBORING throughout the WHOLE DAMN DRAMA. i only watched it cause of ERIC MUN but they barley even showed him ;[ sniff sniff ! i liked the music also but the acting & storyline was blehhhhhhhhhhh !

green rose. OMG where to start. don`t get me wrong i LOVEE lee da hae ! LOTS ! i got to the 4th episode & haven`t continued for months. my sis hella loves it and says its hella sad but i just think it`s plain boring -___-

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Mar 8th, '07, 12:45

[img]http://www.silentregrets.com/dramas/wp- ... mntale.gif[/img]
ALSO, I hated AUTUMN TALE. It's unrealistic to fall for your brother who you lived with for years and later when you two find out you're not blood related. If you do, that's kinda sick. Being siblings is not just genetically define, it is also socially define. This drama was BORING, PATHETIC, and TOO MELODRAMATIC. The topic is serious, but come on give us some comic relieve once in awhile. Every scene someone is crying or something tragic happens.

AGAIN for GOONG S, I really tried to like the drama, but it's so pathetically boring. I like se7en, he needs improvement along with everyone else.

AboutDrama

Post by AboutDrama » Mar 9th, '07, 00:34

ALSO, I hated AUTUMN TALE. It's unrealistic to fall for your brother who you lived with for years and later when you two find out you're not blood related. If you do, that's kinda sick. Being siblings is not just genetically define, it is also socially define. This drama was BORING, PATHETIC, and TOO MELODRAMATIC. The topic is serious, but come on give us some comic relieve once in awhile. Every scene someone is crying or something tragic happens.
Yeah I hate incest theme! Actually, I also don't like Autumn tale too.
DAMO has the same theme... and I felt sick watching the drama... luckily there is a forward button that I can use :lol

Seems like "Tree of Heaven" also has the same incest theme... but not sure...
I'm not sure about this drama "90 Days,Falling in Love Days" ...

michca2112

Post by michca2112 » Mar 19th, '07, 20:48

I am going to agree with everyone on Prince's First Love. Good God, was it crap. The lead guy was a bit of a megalomaniac and when he left his 'love interest' out in the open water, I pretty much just fast forwarded to the end.
Winter Sonata was also painful to watch because it was so slow. The episodes felt like they drug on for hours, esp after the 6th and by the 15th episode I just stopped and read the spoiler.
Poor Goong S though. It isn't that bad, but compared to Goong it didn't stand a chance. (and I am sooooo happy to see that no one has mentioned it)

*member*

Post by *member* » Mar 19th, '07, 23:49

i wouldn't say I've watch a bad kdrama cause i try to be very selective but i have to admit that the last one i watch which was The Snow Queen and in my opinion was very disappointed for several reasons. first it was too predictable and it was kind of a Love to Kill remake. :|
I was attracted to it because i really liked Hyun Bin in MNIKSS and thought that he was going to keep playing good roles in interesting dramas but i guess not. :glare:

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Mar 20th, '07, 01:09

*member* wrote:i wouldn't say I've watch a bad kdrama cause i try to be very selective but i have to admit that the last one i watch which was The Snow Queen and in my opinion was very disappointed for several reasons. first it was too predictable and it was kind of a Love to Kill remake. :|

I totally agree! It was so predictable and people got mad over the stupidest thing. I don't understand why hyun bin's character was blamed for his friend's death. IT was stupid.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 20th, '07, 03:54

i can't believe i have never posted in this thread. i thought i did, but i guess i posted in the "what was the worst ending" thread. :-)

anyways, hands down the worst series ever (that i've seen) is:
- Prince's First Love: what can i say about it? bad acting (i will never watch another sung yuri series again unless the male lead happens to be outstanding), bad plot, bad ending. the only redeeming feature is beautiful scenery. i can't remember another series that i finished watching and was so sad that i had spent that much time on it.

other bad series:
- Love Story In Harvard: very sappy love story, not-so-great acting, predictable ending. in the past, people have commented on the poor english. i didn't mind that so much...it was more the part that happened later in the series that bothered me.
- Tropical Nights In December: started off promising, but soon turned ludicrous. again, suffers from poor acting (mainly Kim Nam Jin...) and a contrived plot. horrible ending. i almost could not bring myself to watch the last episode.

sveta

Post by sveta » Mar 20th, '07, 04:56

Worst i've tried to watch is Winter Sonata. It struck me as too predictable and boring.

Annessa

Post by Annessa » Mar 20th, '07, 09:33

nophankh wrote: Fireworks with the Korean plastic chick (you know who I'm talking about); fast-forwarded to most of it. got to ep. 8 and I just stopped.
her eyes? as far as i know, that's the only thing she's had done... or at least, admitted to. i assume you're talking about HCY. this drama started out with potential, but halfway through, it just fell apart. i finished it for the sake of finishing a drama, but it really was not worth watching at all.

Love Story in Harvard still sticks out in my mind as one of the worst... i couldn't even get myself to finish it. i can also name some more recent dramas that didn't live up to expectations, but ehh... that would take too long.

outcast

Post by outcast » Mar 20th, '07, 10:12

I did not see KDrama that bad, but I saw few was disappointing 2 me,
don't kill my worst KDrama was " goong", the latest episodes of it.
why???
Because, they focus in other characters, like the king & his affair with that evil woman, and I didn't get it, how the princess get pregnant at the end of the drama?? they never slept together in one room!!!
anyway, I like it at the first but the latest episodes was confusing 2 me

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 20th, '07, 12:31

Annessa wrote:
nophankh wrote: Fireworks with the Korean plastic chick (you know who I'm talking about); fast-forwarded to most of it. got to ep. 8 and I just stopped.
her eyes? as far as i know, that's the only thing she's had done... or at least, admitted to. i assume you're talking about HCY.
Surely she's had her boobs done?

[img]http://www.bjunkyard.com/gallery/data/5 ... cy_372.jpg[/img]

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Mar 21st, '07, 01:29

kobe23 wrote:
Annessa wrote:
her eyes? as far as i know, that's the only thing she's had done... or at least, admitted to. i assume you're talking about HCY.

If you look at her pictures at HanCinema.net, this girl has a lot of work done. Her nose, her eyes, and her boobs all been worked on. I'm not saying plastic surgery is wrong (personally I wouldn't go through with it), but too much is too much. She needs to stop before she becomes Michael Jackson.

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Mar 21st, '07, 10:29

nophankh>> you know i was actuaLLy Laughing when i read your posts... its Like you want to go to Korea right now and bash the prods and the actors!! haha!! wei, the pic you just posted... is that the Chun Hyang gurL? HOLY MAMA!! i though she is reaLLy pretty!! i Like her nose bcoz it was so pointed... but sad to say its a product of the modern technoLogy... and her boobs is..... ooohhhhh :crazy:
Worst i've tried to watch is Winter Sonata. It struck me as too predictable and boring.
heLL yeah!! the girL's acting, [sorry i dunno her name] is the corniest... sorry for her fans... :unsure:

and there are aLso a Lot... i just forgot their titLes.. :whistling:

majing_28

Post by majing_28 » Mar 24th, '07, 10:17

nophankh wrote:
kobe23 wrote:
Annessa wrote: her eyes? as far as i know, that's the only thing she's had done... or at least, admitted to. i assume you're talking about HCY.

If you look at her pictures at HanCinema.net, this girl has a lot of work done. Her nose, her eyes, and her boobs all been worked on. I'm not saying plastic surgery is wrong (personally I wouldn't go through with it), but too much is too much. She needs to stop before she becomes Michael Jackson.
oh i like this girl from her drama "only you" i never knew she had so many plastic surgery.. hey you really made me laugh when you said "she needs to stop before she becomes michel jackson" your right he looks like more of a skull now heheh..

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Mar 24th, '07, 10:27

Goong was pretty horrible. Probably the single most boring drama I ever finished because the plot remains stagnant from about episode 12 on. I just do not understand the hype around this average-at-best drama. :unsure:

Autumn Tale was pretty bad, too, but I never finished it.

dazeree

Post by dazeree » Mar 24th, '07, 10:32

Some of the worst korean drama for me was:

1. Summer scent - a drama you watch when you have trouble sleeping
2. Sad sonata - more like boring sonata
3. Autumn in my heart - it feels like autumn in my head

ajewell

Post by ajewell » Mar 24th, '07, 10:46

I usually do a little research too, before starting a drama, so my list of "bad" dramas is pretty small. But if I had to choose one, hands down, I'd choose the Twainese drama, Lavender. I want to watch it again, just so I can live-blog it, and make fun of it. I've never hated any drama as much as I hate that one...

But as far as Korean dramas go...

I know few people will agree, but for me, I'd have to say Sandglass. I've tried finishing it six or seven times, and recently, finally gave up... it was just so boring, I couldn't get sucked into the story no matter how hard I tried. I even felt guilty not feeling anything for the characters--I really didn't care what happened to them, even though I wanted to. I suppose my expectations were just way too high going in. Even if a drama is horrible, I usually try to stick with it till the end. This is one of the few that I eventually gave up on.
Last edited by ajewell on Mar 24th, '07, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.

AboutDrama

Post by AboutDrama » Mar 24th, '07, 10:46

After the first few episode, I can't stand the main actor's stupidity and jump to last episode. I thought the main actress looks like a doll and didn't know she has plastic surgery.

I found out that she is the "Barbie Doll" of Korea from here
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Han_Chae_Young[/b]

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 24th, '07, 10:53

I think from all the kdramas I've watched, the one I really hated was Autumn Tale!
It was sooo boring & depressing!!
only reason I watched it till the end was because of Won Bin. but seriously, this drama was bad until the very end..[/spoiler]

elden41

Post by elden41 » Mar 24th, '07, 11:00

Surprisingly I haven't posted here yet. Hopefully, there was no mention of the following two dramas because no one watched them, not because viewers enjoyed them.

Worst drama I've ever seen has got to be "Tell Me You Love Me". Every episode was long and drawn out.

A close second has got to be "Guardian Angel". The only reason this isn't the worst is because SHK is in it, and I have a bias for her.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 24th, '07, 15:14

elden41 wrote: A close second has got to be "Guardian Angel". The only reason this isn't the worst is because SHK is in it, and I have a bias for her.
Thanks for letting me know. I was gonna watch that ... without subtitles! Good thing I'm not that obsessed with SHK. Ok, maybe just a little. And what's with all the hate against Autumn Tale? I loved it! And not just because SHK was in it. No really, it wasn't. :)

Worst k-drama I've seen that I have completed = None. I pretty much decide within the first 3 or 4 episodes whether I'll continue watching or not. If something is so bad I refuse to continue. I don't know how some people can keep going? You guys are masochists! :P

Worst k-drama I've seen that I have NOT completed :-

- Goong

Only saw 2 episodes and was bored out of my mind. Teenie bopper dramas don't appeal to me but that wasn't the only reason. It was so incredibly s l o w . Even some of Goong's most ardent fans confess that this series is draggy, so you can imagine what it would be like for non-fans :goggle:

- Sweet Spy

Dennis O'Neil. Need I say more?

- What Star Did You Come From

This drama actually didn't seem all that bad, but I just couldn't get into it. No real particular reason besides the fact it was just plain boring.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Mar 24th, '07, 18:39

Oh, that's right. What Stare Are You From was pretty pathetic as well with its bizarro world plot. Also, Kim Rae Won is pretty ugly.

Syuichi

Post by Syuichi » Mar 24th, '07, 19:08

Guardian Angel isn't actually all that bad.....

I find any drama NOT movie starring Kim Ha Neul to be terrible. She ruined Happy Together, Romance, Stained Glass and 90 Days For Time and Love just sucked. I'm not watching another drama with her called Secret only reason I'm watching it is because Ryu Si Won, Ha Ji Won, Kim Min Jong which makes a good cast.

Goong also was terrible and so was My Vineyard Man. I'll have to say the worst in Stained Glass. Episode 8 of that series has been sitting on my computer over a year. I always finish what I start so I'll finish it one day.

asiandreamer117
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by asiandreamer117 » Mar 24th, '07, 19:16

I hate to say this.. but I didn't like Goong S that much. I haven't seen very many kdramas but I think out of all of them, Goong S was was the worst. The hype over the series before it came out really ended up being over very little. I had to keep up with it because of my translations but I admire anyone who could really honestly boast of loving this series after seeing the entire thing. :salut:
I just finished watching the last episode and I thought the storyline was so completely awful that no ending could have redeemed it, and the one that it has surely didn't. Poor Se7en oppa. I think that he could've gotten a better big break if the producers hadn't tried to do a Goong "sequel yet nonsequel". They should've picked another name because after taking into consideration the fact that Goong had newb actors and Goong S at least had Park Shin-Hye (whom I admire from STH and Tree of Heaven), Goong S is the hands-down loser in the competition.
*sigh* :-( Didn't want to be harsh, but the series made me :pale:.

ahn_mei

Post by ahn_mei » Mar 24th, '07, 19:38

GUMIHO/NINE-TAILED FOX..
the story was unique but i hate the guy there coz, it seems he doesnt have strength. one punch and he cant get up anymore.. i thought he was trained yet he cant protect the girl.. haha... he's so weak there.. no offense to anyone who liked it, that was just my opinion.. peace!!

yogurt7

Post by yogurt7 » Mar 24th, '07, 19:58

Finally finish 14 pages to read...gosh, never know this thread was 2 years old already, and just bump up several days ago...for me, i don't know the meaning of worst drama, since i quite enjoy with every drama i watch, but Love to Kill [Ijuksa] was really draggy, i hardly finish 16 eps [have to fast forward, even i didn't manage to finish it]...i prefer to use term of over hype/overrated and underrated

Overrated:
1] Kim Sam Soon - i watch it because of Hyun Bin, coz i enjoy The Snow Queen very much, but i don't understand why this drama got a very high rating, it just a normal drama, nothing special.

2] Goong - i really enjoy it, but have to admit some part of the drama was quite draggy

Underrated:
1] The Snow Queen - i heard this drama got a low rating, but i enjoy it very much, some say it was predictable, but i don't know...maybe it just me...

2] Bad Family - i really enjoy this drama, quite funny, not so draggy, even the cast is quite OK, have many funny part...

3] Fantasy Couple - i really like the main actress character, Han Ye Seul...quite unique, still have "Princess Syndrome" even she lost her memory...

it's all depend on our mood, which genre of drama we like, for me i don't really like heavy drama, i tend to enjoy love comedy drama...

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Mar 24th, '07, 20:07

I thought Snow Queen was pretty bad and to make things worse, it's just so horribly overrated on this forum (yes, it did badly in Korea, but here on this forum, it has a huge following). I can't bring myself to like Sung Yu Ri (a.k.a. the plastic chick) and I stopped watching Snow Queen after episode 6 when it looked like the story would go nowhere. Also, I'm just so sick of dramas using the 'first love' plot device. Personally, I think first love plots are cheesy and I don't think there's anything really special about ones first love. I'm a huge Hyun Bin fan, though. I wish it had been anyone but Sung Yu Ri. Well, it still wasn't the worst.

Y@hart

worst k drama

Post by Y@hart » Mar 24th, '07, 20:15

Worst drama for me was Super Rookie and Tree of Heavan. I just could not finish it. Goong was okay for me, but I agree there were some part that dragged.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 25th, '07, 12:56

The problem with Korean dramas is that it's too character driven and reliant on the cast to "carry" the series. If you don't like the male/female leads, chances are, you won't like the drama. Because the story is usually not interesting enough to hold your interest. Not all are like that of course, but the majority are.

JJ1106

Post by JJ1106 » Mar 25th, '07, 15:51

since i only watch dramas that my favs act in them, i wudn't say there are bad ones..

even if its bad..i'll say its good...i'm so biased! lol

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Mar 25th, '07, 16:14

I haven't watch a lot of dramas but out of the ones that I have watched..the worst were:

Wedding: Way too much crying on Jang Nara's part and for the same stupid repetitive reasons

My Love Patzzi :I have something against Kim Rae-won so I dislike any drama he's the lead in

I'm not sure about 1% of anything but I remember I couldn't finish it because of something that annoyed the heck out of me [other than Kang Dong Won seriously needing some chap stick]

Spring Waltz was kind of weird too...it wasn't bad but I just can't stand Daniel Henney

SummerMemories

Post by SummerMemories » Mar 25th, '07, 16:34

Néa Vanille wrote:I thought Snow Queen was pretty bad and to make things worse, it's just so horribly overrated on this forum (yes, it did badly in Korea, but here on this forum, it has a huge following). I can't bring myself to like Sung Yu Ri (a.k.a. the plastic chick) and I stopped watching Snow Queen after episode 6 when it looked like the story would go nowhere. Also, I'm just so sick of dramas using the 'first love' plot device. Personally, I think first love plots are cheesy and I don't think there's anything really special about ones first love. I'm a huge Hyun Bin fan, though. I wish it had been anyone but Sung Yu Ri. Well, it still wasn't the worst.
i understand what your saying somewhat because i did get sick of the back and forthness of their relationship. the ending was awful so you didnt miss much but i found it as a whole entertaining. i find this with most korean dramas tho.

i love bright girls story but that got a bit ridiculous towards the end

goong i felt got boring in the middle but i liked it as a whole

full house was a bit boring and there wasnt alot to hold your attention except the actors!

so far, the only one i really loved was my girl! loved it sooooo much

namillise

Post by namillise » Mar 25th, '07, 16:47

This is going to be a very unpopular opinion around here but:

I think
My Name is Kim Sam Soon
My Girl
Full House

Are the most overrated dramas ever!

Kim Sam Soon: I actually like every character except KSS. She was needy, and whiny and every time she opened her mouth I got the overwhelming urge to smack her. I still think Hyun Bin should have gotten with the other girl.

My Girl: Once again, the female lead spoiled this drama for me. I thought she was unrealistic and immature and her lying got SO annoying. Also, she fake-cried so much, I couldn't tell when she was actually supposed to be crying. Plus, the plot was pretty much non existent.

Full House: I liked this a bit more than the other two, but not a whole lot. The whole thing was bickering about cleaning and getting all hurt whenever the other went out to dinner somewhere. Also, did you notice how everytime Rain's character said something, the girl went "Eh?!" He'd be all "It's time for dinner." She'd be all:"Eh??"

january_blue

Post by january_blue » Mar 25th, '07, 16:51

Ha.. These aren't even really my least favorites--in fact, they are some of my very favorites-- but I just really wanna complain about 'em. (I haven't seen a drama that I've really hated)

Winter Sonata: I never got past the first episode, which I've started like 3 times.

Goong: Love this drama to death, but as soon as they strayed from the main plotline into the old people's past love-lives or something, I was bored out of my mind. And also, they dragged out the last like... you know that part of all Kdramas... towards the end, where everything possible is falling apart and you just wanna pull your hair out? Well-- in this drama, it was dragged out like NONE OTHER. I had to skip episodes 21 and 22 both times I watched. The ending, however, makes me smile. A lot. Even if they threw Shin out of character more than just a little.

Full House: LOOVE this one too. But, I agree with some others here, that towards the middle their fighting started getting really annoying. It was just like, "OMG. You are grown ups here. Hook up or walk away. Jeez."

A Love to Kill: I'm still trying to decide how I feel about this one. It was fantastic, I think, until the main guy got his revenge, and then the pace and goings-on were just unrealistic and annoying. The last episode was awesome. Really memorable, if, again, unrealistic. The very end sorta annoyed me, but I still liked the episode as a whole. Oh, and the highlight of this whole drama for me? Rain/Bi was probably like... the hottest, oh, say, ever? (AGKAEBAHOMGHOOOOOT.) So, yeah.

Yeah. So if I had to choose a least favorite, it'd be Winter Sonata.. But I never finished it, so I don't really think I can judge.

Syuichi

Post by Syuichi » Mar 25th, '07, 16:53

Snow Queen was bad because it had that overused sickness theme. Most dramas or all of them include a love story and then they have a side story. In Snow Queen the side story was Hyun Bin was a factor in Sung Yu Ri brothers death. That didn't even pull me in but I manage to complete the series. Snow Queen reminded me of Goodbye My Love. The first few episodes were really good then when she found out she had a sickness it fell over. Everyone says Snow Queen had low ratings because of Jumong but it had low ratings because it was common.

Tiffiany_45
Fansubber
Fansubber

WORST ASIAN DRAMA EVER

Post by Tiffiany_45 » Mar 25th, '07, 17:19

1% OF ANYTHING

It is the only ASIAN drama I've not been able to finish because it was boring and trifling. And I've seen some pretty bad Asian dramas and stuck with them. This one was just too much.

~Tiffiany~

namillise

Re: WORST ASIAN DRAMA EVER

Post by namillise » Mar 25th, '07, 21:38

Tiffiany_45 wrote:1% OF ANYTHING

It is the only ASIAN drama I've not been able to finish because it was boring and trifling. And I've seen some pretty bad Asian dramas and stuck with them. This one was just too much.

~Tiffiany~
No, seriously. That show was so POINTLESS. There was not a plot. I swear. And the 27 year old female lead's parents treated her like a 11 year old. GAH.

Tiffiany_45
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: WORST ASIAN DRAMA EVER

Post by Tiffiany_45 » Mar 26th, '07, 04:42

namillise wrote:
No, seriously. That show was so POINTLESS. There was not a plot. I swear. And the 27 year old female lead's parents treated her like a 11 year old. GAH.
OMG you are preaching to the choir. It takes A LOT for me to stop watching something. I can hate a show or movie, but I'm always curious as to how it will end so I stick it out. Nope not this one. I'd rather watch "Peach Girl" :crazy: again rather than have to sit through one ep of "1% of Anything"

~Tiffiany~

enajz77

Post by enajz77 » Apr 11th, '07, 02:11

Lovers in Paris. i hate the ending. :-(

cfang32

Post by cfang32 » Apr 11th, '07, 02:19

Néa Vanille wrote:I thought Snow Queen was pretty bad and to make things worse, it's just so horribly overrated on this forum (yes, it did badly in Korea, but here on this forum, it has a huge following). I can't bring myself to like Sung Yu Ri (a.k.a. the plastic chick) and I stopped watching Snow Queen after episode 6 when it looked like the story would go nowhere. Also, I'm just so sick of dramas using the 'first love' plot device. Personally, I think first love plots are cheesy and I don't think there's anything really special about ones first love. I'm a huge Hyun Bin fan, though. I wish it had been anyone but Sung Yu Ri. Well, it still wasn't the worst.
same here. i only watched to episode 4 and later on skipped to the last episode. then she dies.

cfang32

Post by cfang32 » Apr 11th, '07, 02:22

namillise wrote:This is going to be a very unpopular opinion around here but:

I think
My Name is Kim Sam Soon
My Girl
Full House

Are the most overrated dramas ever!

Kim Sam Soon: I actually like every character except KSS. She was needy, and whiny and every time she opened her mouth I got the overwhelming urge to smack her. I still think Hyun Bin should have gotten with the other girl.

My Girl: Once again, the female lead spoiled this drama for me. I thought she was unrealistic and immature and her lying got SO annoying. Also, she fake-cried so much, I couldn't tell when she was actually supposed to be crying. Plus, the plot was pretty much non existent.

Full House: I liked this a bit more than the other two, but not a whole lot. The whole thing was bickering about cleaning and getting all hurt whenever the other went out to dinner somewhere. Also, did you notice how everytime Rain's character said something, the girl went "Eh?!" He'd be all "It's time for dinner." She'd be all:"Eh??"
i somewhat agree. for the taiwanese drama SMILING PASTA, when cyndi wang was reading the role for herself, she said, "i can't believe there's actually a person like this." it's the way how the writer's write it and stuff. sometimes, it's not real, more like over exaggerated.