Bi [Rain] at MTV VMA's 2005 in Miami

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
yubikiriangel

Bi [Rain] at MTV VMA's 2005 in Miami

Post by yubikiriangel » Aug 28th, '05, 20:40

We wanted to share our joy with everyone here!!! :mrgreen:

I don't even know where my sister read an article on Bi being invited as a guest to represent Asia at the VMA's in Miami...but we were crazy enough to drive down to Miami this past Friday hoping and praying that we would bump into him...God sent an angel our way who let us know that Bi would be flying in the next day...and we were so blessed to be there to welcome Bi at the Miami International Airport!!! We're still shocked and can't believe it...that we just discovered Bi by watching Full House and had the once in a lifetime opportunity to meet him in person!!!! WE LOVE BI!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

rlynxen

Post by rlynxen » Aug 28th, '05, 21:17

that's awesome!! you girls are sooooooo lucky!!

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Aug 28th, '05, 21:33

rlynxen wrote:that's awesome!! you girls are sooooooo lucky!!
Yes, and I'm so jealous! :lol

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Aug 28th, '05, 21:54

wow, guess i am watching it this year. Wait might just tape it so i can fast-forward thru the boring parts.

son_yejin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by son_yejin » Aug 29th, '05, 10:20

OMG.. you met him?????
*faints from shock*

mallepa

Post by mallepa » Aug 29th, '05, 10:34

THAT'S SO COOL!! :D
I heard he was supposed to debut in the US soon~ ^^;; ... so can he speak English really well?? How did his voice sound like?? *o*

mizuki88

Post by mizuki88 » Aug 29th, '05, 10:43

:cry: :blink :crazy: :w00t: WOW!!! LUCKY! So envious! Dude i'm like half way across the planet! Hehe How was he like??? Damn... Wonders if they're even going to screen MTV in Australia.. the whole thing anyway.. :wub: :w00t: I wanna see him!

yubikiriangel

Post by yubikiriangel » Aug 29th, '05, 14:03

Kamui6 wrote:wow, guess i am watching it this year. Wait might just tape it so i can fast-forward thru the boring parts.
Unfortunately, we learned that he was not going to perform... I guess he was invited just to "show face" representing Asian artists...I was still hoping that we might be able to catch a glimpse of him walking down the "white" carpet, so we taped it...but NOTHING... :cry: Too bad...people here don't know what they're missing!
I heard he was supposed to debut in the US soon~ ^^;; ... so can he speak English really well?? How did his voice sound like?? *o*
I read that he already recorded a song with Lil' Kim...but I have no idea when it will be released...I think her album comes out in October...so maybe that song will be included there? As far as his English goes...I think he still has a long way to go...but he might know pretty basic things...the guy who was with him told him "these are your fans in the US and they want to take a picture with you". Bi turned around and said: "Sure"... His voice was very sweet and he was VERY polite as well...he shook hands with the three of us and we took pictures and then he gave us his autograph...but the only words in English that came out of his mouth were "thank you", "sure", "yes", and "bye".
But that was enough for us! :P
Hehe How was he like???
In person...truly a vision...of course he's BI! He reminded me a bit of his character in Full House, Young Jae because of the fact that he never took off his shades...but he was looking FINE!!! He's tall and extremely good-looking (we all know that already! :P ) and he was dressed so cool!!! He seemed a bit more serious/shy than I thought he'd be...but I guess the language barrier was at fault here...we couldn't really get chatty with each other...but oh well...the important thing is that he never acted "high and mighty" around us and was very accomodating despite the fact that he must have been tired after long hours of traveling.. :mrgreen:

theedqueen

Post by theedqueen » Aug 29th, '05, 17:39

You....met...Bi!!

I am soooooooo jealous T_T

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Aug 29th, '05, 17:49

aja aja! fighting!!

lol if I ever seen him I would be tempted to do that even if I looked retarded doing it lol. Thats so cool though thats amazing you actually did meet him. Pfft tired yeah right... he probably worked out on the plane.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Aug 29th, '05, 17:50

ahhh what a time for my internet to cut out.. damnit sorry for double post here ill make up for it by dancing

:dance: :dance: :shocked: :dance: :dance:

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Aug 29th, '05, 18:35

yubikiriangel wrote:
Kamui6 wrote:wow, guess i am watching it this year. Wait might just tape it so i can fast-forward thru the boring parts.
Unfortunately, we learned that he was not going to perform... I guess he was invited just to "show face" representing Asian artists...I was still hoping that we might be able to catch a glimpse of him walking down the "white" carpet, so we taped it...but NOTHING... :cry: Too bad...people here don't know what they're missing!
Hate the VMA, nothing worth watching, completely disappointed that they didn't have him perform. WOW that's got to suck, traveling that far just to sit in a seat for a crappy awards show.

Did you see the vid when Bi met 3LW, tyrese and little kim. That's the point you knew he was going to be working with little kim [WHY HER?] :pale: Anyway hopefully the track or album comes out before kim has to serve her jail time. :lol

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Aug 29th, '05, 18:42

He's doing an album with Lil' Kim? Damn..why it gotta be her? Her career is going downhill and only appear in sitcom nowadays. I was hoping he work with Usher or Mariah Carey...that would help boost his career.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Aug 29th, '05, 19:04

crazylife123 wrote:He's doing an album with Lil' Kim? Damn..why it gotta be her? Her career is going downhill and only appear in sitcom nowadays. I was hoping he work with Usher or Mariah Carey...that would help boost his career.
Not only that but she will soon look like Micheal Jackson. How many alterations has she done so far? She's starting to look ridiculous for someone doing rap [whatever she does :blink ].Hopefully whatever Bi does, he has a better impact than utada's album, which wasn't too good.

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Aug 31st, '05, 03:54

woow... my teacher had an encounter like that... i wish i was in his position.... HE WAS SITTING NEXT TO BOA IN THE AIRPLANE HEADED FOR LA.... my frend said he talked to her like on the plane ride bout a lot of stuff like politics... and he even went to the concert Boa was opening for in LA.... still havent asked if he got a picture but OMG I WISH THAT WAS ME

madyjune

Post by madyjune » Aug 31st, '05, 05:10

I'm so happy for you guys. I just wish that he would have take off his sunglasses so that I can see his beautiful face but he still looks hot.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Aug 31st, '05, 05:29

haha, but he looks so cool with the sunglasses on and headphones.

you're VERY lucky!! too bad mtv didn't understand how lucky they were.

sonnco

Post by sonnco » Aug 31st, '05, 05:35

That's awesome! Congrats!

OyLChan

Post by OyLChan » Aug 31st, '05, 05:48

WOW~~~~~ i'm so jealous!!! TT^TT
oppa Bi . . . u're so cute :roll

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Aug 31st, '05, 11:58

yubikiriangel

Post by yubikiriangel » Aug 31st, '05, 12:56

Creidesca: Thank you so much for posting that interview!!!! We love it! :wub: :wub: :wub:

sonnco

Post by sonnco » Aug 31st, '05, 14:27

Oh cool! This will be interesting.

diyanne

Post by diyanne » Aug 31st, '05, 19:30

Ah, I'm so jealous. hehe. you're so lucky to meet Bi.
And Credeisca thank you for the video. I enjoy it a lot.

s0caligirl

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Post by s0caligirl » Sep 6th, '05, 20:55

u are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo LUCKY!! im jealous tooo!!! he is a HOTTIE!!....

NiikuraKaoru

Post by NiikuraKaoru » Sep 7th, '05, 22:00

u shouldve asked for a hug! LMAO I WOULDVE =S

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Sep 11th, '05, 14:56

Bi in Miami & VMA (KBS Yunyega 9-10-05)

http://down.clubbox.co.kr/creidesca/cis33

snowangel414

Post by snowangel414 » Sep 11th, '05, 15:28

Thanks for the pictures, he's a cutie huh? I heard he's very good with his singing and dancing . I'm not korean so I have no idea how I can obtain a copy of his dancing/singing. Anyone happen to have something where they can let me dl?? I want to see how he dances...

thanks in advance...

teknocube

Post by teknocube » Sep 24th, '05, 00:41

damn, that's pretty awesome.

nadbagus

Post by nadbagus » Sep 24th, '05, 04:08

oh mygod!!!!!u met Bi???!!!...oh my goodness, think i might die of a heart attack due to extreme jealousy...oh...how can someone be that lucky....????hahaha...i'm so happy for u but right now i totally hate u coz u've met bi..arrrghh....

miaceres

Post by miaceres » Sep 24th, '05, 04:22

Yubikiri, you are the luckiest girl alive ^__^ I wonder if he was shocked to know he had U.S. fans? hmmm

also, thanks for the screencaps and video creddiseca. ^^

theedqueen, what is your signature about? i like Ayaka Komatsu but the link didn't work for me. ^^

Aznakedog

Post by Aznakedog » Sep 24th, '05, 04:48

whoa, you're so lucky. how does it feel to meet a star?

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Bi [Rain] at MTV VMA's 2005 in Miami

Post by Kamui6 » Sep 29th, '05, 14:16

yubikiriangel wrote:We wanted to share our joy with everyone here!!! :mrgreen:

I don't even know where my sister read an article on Bi being invited as a guest to represent Asia at the VMA's in Miami...but we were crazy enough to drive down to Miami this past Friday hoping and praying that we would bump into him...God sent an angel our way who let us know that Bi would be flying in the next day...and we were so blessed to be there to welcome Bi at the Miami International Airport!!! We're still shocked and can't believe it...that we just discovered Bi by watching Full House and had the once in a lifetime opportunity to meet him in person!!!! WE LOVE BI!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I dled a vid last night about his visit to Miami, your interview was on it.

miaceres

Post by miaceres » Sep 29th, '05, 19:58

what video was that Kamui? where did you find it?

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Sep 30th, '05, 05:20

miaceres wrote:what video was that Kamui? where did you find it?
Clubbox - http://down.clubbox.co.kr/lollol101/ovaj3

nep13tune

Post by nep13tune » Oct 6th, '05, 19:37

yubikiriangel wrote:I read that he already recorded a song with Lil' Kim...but I have no idea when it will be released...I think her album comes out in October...so maybe that song will be included there? As far as his English goes...I think he still has a long way to go...but he might know pretty basic things...the guy who was with him told him "these are your fans in the US and they want to take a picture with you". Bi turned around and said: "Sure"... His voice was very sweet and he was VERY polite as well...he shook hands with the three of us and we took pictures and then he gave us his autograph...but the only words in English that came out of his mouth were "thank you", "sure", "yes", and "bye".
But that was enough for us! :P
I read that the plan to record a song with Lil' Kim fell through.

Source: Time Asia Magazine
http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/ ... 46,00.html

A Korean Force of Nature
BY DONALD MACINTYRE

In just three years, Korean pop star Rain has built a huge domestic following of (mostly) female fans with a string of chart-topping singles, and now he's ready to branch out overseas. Rain picked up MTV Asia prizes this year, played his first solo concert in Japan in July and has lined up sold-out gigs in Hong Kong and Tokyo. But the engine of Korean pop-culture dominance in Asia is the soap opera, which is why Rain is forecast for TV this fall. The decidedly boyish singer will play a macho K-1 fighter who falls for his brother's lover in a series tentatively titled A Love to Kill. Though the show is set to air first in Korea this October, the astounding popularity of Korean TV dramas around the region means that the pop star could soon become a familiar face throughout Asia.

But why stop there? Rain's managers believe he could be the first Korean star to break into the U.S. market. Park Jin Young, the pop impresario who discovered and trained Rain, is a talented dancer and songwriter who has worked with U.S. artists like Mase and Will Smith. Since setting up camp in Los Angeles last year, Park has been shopping his protégé around to U.S. production companies. Rain almost managed to score a track on rapper Lil' Kim's latest album—but the plan fell apart after Kim was convicted of perjury and had to start serving a jail term, according to Jimmy Jeong, an executive at Rain's management company. Just a minor setback, says Jeong: "We're targeting the global market. Rain's too big for Asia."

With reporting by Chan Yong Kim/Seoul

From TIME Asia Magazine, issue dated September 19, 2005 Vol. 166, No. 12

AdDiK.Ky

Post by AdDiK.Ky » Oct 8th, '05, 20:15

ur sooooooo lucky, he's so cuteee

angelatnyc

Post by angelatnyc » Oct 9th, '05, 21:39

that's so cool, how many USA fans were there to greet him?

s4ilorm00n

SPEED RACER- Bi-Rain!

Post by s4ilorm00n » May 11th, '08, 00:17

I just saw speed racer, and guest what?! Bi-Rain was there!..he's not the actual co-star or anything, but he did get a lot of role. His English wasn't that good, but who cares! I was just so glad he got a role in an American movie. I am hoping to see him more in American movie! :wub: