Memories of Murder (Movie)

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
carolone

Memories of Murder (Movie)

Post by carolone » Sep 1st, '05, 19:24

So i have been loving this site forever and mainly reading about JDrama shows...
but after watching thei "new" korean film - Memories of Murder I am hooked onto Korean entertainment!!

I've seen My Sassy Girl but this film was nothing like it. It is the true story of the serial killings in Korea in the late 80s. The suspenseful movie follows the detectives investigating the case and remains loyal to teh truth - teh killer is never found...so there is a very suspenseful ending = which was very good...(and no i am not spoiling it for u...)

The extras on teh Universal DVD arent as great as what is on the Korean versions...but Univerasl did their best in providing subtitled interviews with the WHOLE cast!!

Please check this amazing Korean film - http://www.memoriesofmurder.com/
& let me know what u think...

ShaolinMunky

Post by ShaolinMunky » Sep 1st, '05, 19:37

I saw this movie a while back maybe earlier this year I believe, it was a great movie and done very well.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 2nd, '05, 10:20

ooooh. i like this kind of mystery/suspense, based on real and actual events, kinda stuff. thanks for sharing!

aa

Re: Memories of Murder (Movie)

Post by aa » Sep 6th, '05, 00:37

[quote="carolone"]So i have been loving this site forever and mainly reading about JDrama shows...
but after watching thei "new" korean film - Memories of Murder I am hooked onto Korean entertainment!!

I've seen My Sassy Girl but this film was nothing like it. It is the true story of the serial killings in Korea in the late 80s. The suspenseful movie follows the detectives investigating the case and remains loyal to teh truth - teh killer is never found...so there is a very suspenseful ending = which was very good...(and no i am not spoiling it for u...)

The extras on teh Universal DVD arent as great as what is on the Korean versions...but Univerasl did their best in providing subtitled interviews with the WHOLE cast!!

Please check this amazing Korean film - http://www.memoriesofmurder.com/
& let me know what u think...[/quote]

^ Wow. Subtitles for the cast interviews. Now that sounds pretty cool.

Midnite84

Post by Midnite84 » Sep 6th, '05, 23:03

whowwzer..that movie look scary since its base on a true story... :O

i wanan check it out and watch it too..do u by any chance know if i can dl it online through clubbox or torrent??Etc?please and thankss :-)

carolone

Post by carolone » Sep 6th, '05, 23:27

I have no clue if its out on clubbox or torrents...but i'd check if I were you...cause its been out for a while...
and if not - it is out on DVD :) I got mine from Amazon...

It is an amazing film...and the special features arent amazing..i heard that there is way more on teh R2 versions...which makes sense since it is all in Korean. But i wish they had it in English....

But its all adapted from the true story that occured in the 80s!

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Sep 6th, '05, 23:31

haha I am almost positive I have seen this movie.. except I have no idea how it ends LOL... Once I was watching a jet li movie and it took me till about the halfway point to remember I had seen it before.... All these movies are blending into one big ass asian movie.

carolone

Post by carolone » Sep 7th, '05, 23:23

Mythrel wrote:haha I am almost positive I have seen this movie.. except I have no idea how it ends LOL... Once I was watching a jet li movie and it took me till about the halfway point to remember I had seen it before.... All these movies are blending into one big ass asian movie.
lol, you'd probably remember this one if you saw it, it's quite different than most of the action films out of asia. I know what you mean though, I've done that before, too, watching a movie for an hour, only to realize that I'd seen it before. Same with TV shows.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Sep 7th, '05, 23:29

No I am almost positive I have seen this movie.. I remember a scene he talks to this kid by this drain tunnel thing where there is a body like 20 feet inside.. I remember like a police interagation good cop bad cop thing... For the life of me I can't remember what the hell happened though hahaha. I will have to redownload it now damnit just to find out how it ends. :lol

Edit: I also remember like second scene in the movie he is in a field by a car accident.

Damnit why won't my brain compute!!

Bam-Bam

Best Korean Movie?

Post by Bam-Bam » Jan 19th, '06, 00:20

Yup,

I just saw MEMORIES OF MURDER.

To me this is the best Korean Film i've seen to date. The last scene will haunt me for some time. .. I can't think of anything better.

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Jan 19th, '06, 00:38

I haven't seen any korean movies but I've seen a lot of Japanese movies that I like