Korean Stars in Hawaii

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
Paniolagirl

Korean Stars in Hawaii

Post by Paniolagirl » May 26th, '06, 21:17

Korean Stars in Hawaii for Charity Basketball Game.

aziatik

=)

Post by aziatik » May 27th, '06, 09:30

i know where they're at!! But i won't say since that would be unprofessional of me and my job... but Yup they are here and seem to be enjoying themselves....

Paniolagirl

Post by Paniolagirl » May 27th, '06, 18:12

Here is another article about the event.
http://www.midweek.com/content/story/mi ... with_love/

Was at the Hallyu Shooting Stars banquet dinner last night and is was a ball. The place was packed and the korean actors are so friendly and approachable. Can't wait for tonights basketball game.

If you want to check out pics when the korean stars arrived in the islands check url. Scroll down, also pics might load slowly. Thanks songjc for the pics.
http://www.kbfd.com/message/viewtopic.p ... 8&start=15

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » May 28th, '06, 03:54

I just saw the youtube clip, wish I was in Hawaii bcuz Chae Yeon :wub: was there.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » May 28th, '06, 04:02

that was a very interesting clip~ ooh...and Oh Ji Ho as the "heartthrob of Korean prime time"? He's hot, but wasn't it a bit too much to call him "the" heartthrob of Korean prime time? maybe "a heartthrob" but "the"? hmms...I beg to differ. HYUN BIN! :wub:

Paniolagirl

Post by Paniolagirl » May 30th, '06, 20:33

Watch the Korean Stars in basketball action and more. It was all for a good cause. Had a great time at the game. Thank you Mace.

nikeg

Post by nikeg » May 30th, '06, 22:58

the reason y oh ji ho was the "heartthrob of Korean prime time" was b/c he was the biggest name actor that came or was on the team... hyun bin or the other big name actors were not there... it was fun watching some of the stars suck ass at bball tho haha... and chae yeon was awesome! i wish i brought my vid cam...

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » May 30th, '06, 23:08

nikeg wrote:the reason y oh ji ho was the "heartthrob of Korean prime time" was b/c he was the biggest name actor that came or was on the team... hyun bin or the other big name actors were not there... it was fun watching some of the stars suck ass at bball tho haha... and chae yeon was awesome! i wish i brought my vid cam...
oh wow! that means you saw them in live action! that's great! The stars were there for a charity cause... but was attending the game free? and if it wasn't, how much were the tickets? :-)

vin(REMIX)

Post by vin(REMIX) » May 30th, '06, 23:40

yea ive seen lots of flyers about this event at daiei for u locals of oahu. didnt have the chance to go and take my girlfriend. looked fun :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Paniolagirl

Post by Paniolagirl » May 30th, '06, 23:54

lilswtangel wrote:
nikeg wrote:the reason y oh ji ho was the "heartthrob of Korean prime time" was b/c he was the biggest name actor that came or was on the team... hyun bin or the other big name actors were not there... it was fun watching some of the stars suck ass at bball tho haha... and chae yeon was awesome! i wish i brought my vid cam...
oh wow! that means you saw them in live action! that's great! The stars were there for a charity cause... but was attending the game free? and if it wasn't, how much were the tickets? :-)
Originally tickets were $10 for students and $20 for adults. But as the date for the game got closer. One of the sponsors brought up a whole bunch of tickets. They were asking for any type of monetary donation. So you could of gone to the game for $5 or less. Where else you going to see Korean stars without having to go to Korea to see them.

Paniolagirl

Post by Paniolagirl » May 30th, '06, 23:57

vin(REMIX) wrote:yea ive seen lots of flyers about this event at daiei for u locals of oahu. didnt have the chance to go and take my girlfriend. looked fun :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
So wat you no consider yourself one local.

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » May 31st, '06, 07:01

Paniolagirl...thanks for the clip, Chae Yeon looked good on there. had to watch her part a few times. :D btw, I think vin meant that other locals should know what daiei is because I have no idea what daiei is.

vin(REMIX)

Post by vin(REMIX) » May 31st, '06, 21:02

yea what kali said .

of course im a local been here on the islands my entire life, may be moving to the "mainland" because of better job opportunities.

:goggle: MEANdaDope :alcoholic:

Paniolagirl

Post by Paniolagirl » Jun 1st, '06, 03:19

vin(REMIX) wrote:yea what kali said .

of course im a local been here on the islands my entire life, may be moving to the "mainland" because of better job opportunities.

:goggle: MEANdaDope :alcoholic:
Even if you leave the islands you will be always a local.

Here is more video from Kbfd-tv.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 1st, '06, 03:46

Paniolagirl wrote:Even if you leave the islands you will be always a local.
az riiight! :thumleft:

how's dat!?!? the korean stars come when i leave. i'm pretty sure i could've gotten couple of my friends to go. thanks for sharing, Paniola!

kali: daiei is a pretty popular asian market. it's got asian products in groceries, electronics, clothing, cosmetics, magazines, books, etc.

Paniolagirl

Post by Paniolagirl » Jun 1st, '06, 18:42

jholic wrote:
Paniolagirl wrote:Even if you leave the islands you will be always a local.
az riiight! :thumleft:

how's dat!?!? the korean stars come when i leave. i'm pretty sure i could've gotten couple of my friends to go. thanks for sharing, Paniola!

kali: daiei is a pretty popular asian market. it's got asian products in groceries, electronics, clothing, cosmetics, magazines, books, etc.
Daiei was brought out by another japanese company called "Don Quijote". Hope that is spelled right. I know "Don Quijote" does not sound like a japanese store. If you go to a Daiei store in HI the name has not been changed yet. As well as the sale ads in the weekly paper. But if you pay by check you must make your check out to "Don Quijote".

One nice thing though. In the past few months they have been having 20% off korean dramas on dvd sales. You can get those korean dramas produced by YA Entertainment for $59.95.