Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

autumn story vs 1% of anything vs alone in love

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
kamiru0hikari

autumn story vs 1% of anything vs alone in love

Post by kamiru0hikari » Oct 4th, '06, 15:14

ive already seen My girl, My name is kim sam soon, fullhouse, and goong. now im looking for a korean drama to watch, im leaning towards these three... autumn story, 1% of anything or alone in love... please help me which one to watch first.

if you know any other kdrama better than this please tell me!!!!

xoxo, kamiru

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 4th, '06, 15:19

I haven't seen 1% of Anything, but as for the other 2, they are nothing like My GIrl, KSS, Goong etc. Those are all comedies, whereas Autumn Tale is a sad love story and Alone in Love is a more 'mature', serious love story, though it has funny moments, too.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Oct 4th, '06, 17:33

somehow this is in the j-culture / ent forum, can a mod move this to the k-forums?

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Oct 4th, '06, 17:50

1% of Anything has a lot of funny moments. The story starts very good. However it gets a little boring towards the end. To me it seems as if the series got extended from 16 to 26 episodes. The story is kind of repeating itself in the 2nd half and nothing exciting new is happening. I still have to watch the last 2 episodes, I guess I lost the interest to finish the drama. :|

...moved to Korean Ent forum

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Oct 5th, '06, 08:39

I love the three series that you've mentioned. I have all of them in my set of collections. They have different storylines. Autumn Story is a tragic love story. It may have a sad ending but I just love how the storyline develops plus the fact that the chemistry of the lead stars blend so well.

% of something is a family drama with lots of romantic and funny scenes. It has over 20 episodes because of some side plots, but I enjoyed it very much.

Alone in Love, this series is not for everyone, because it's a story about a separated couple who remained in touch with each other due to common friends and relatives. They tried to look for another romance but they realized in the end that they still love each other.

If you're looking for more series to watch try to read an honest to goodness review, before acquiring one.

kamiru0hikari

Post by kamiru0hikari » Oct 6th, '06, 22:36

thanks for those who gave me some advice on what to watch... and im sorry that i put this up in the japanese section.. i was also going to put something up in there but i was mostly thinking about what korean show to watch.. so i accidently put it up there... sorry!!! alsoooo omg.. am i the only one having a hard time logging in.. sometimes it works.. sometimes it doesnt.... but im jst really happy that it worked this time!!!

feel free to give more advice!!!!..... any korean show that you think is really good...

xoxo, kamiru

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Oct 9th, '06, 02:28

Go with 1%. It's more along the lines of the other K-dramas you've watched. I'm watching it right now and it's got me hooked so far. Autumn Story is sooooo slow, its unbearable. Alone in love seems like another slow, depressing one too.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: autumn story vs 1% of anything vs alone in love

Post by rambutan » Oct 9th, '06, 02:47

kamiru0hikari wrote:ive already seen My girl, My name is kim sam soon, fullhouse, and goong. now im looking for a korean drama to watch, im leaning towards these three... autumn story, 1% of anything or alone in love... please help me which one to watch first.

if you know any other kdrama better than this please tell me!!!!

xoxo, kamiru
I watched all the dramas that you have watched too. And enjoyed them all (KSS leading and Goong at the bottom). Of the 3 you listed and may watch, I like Autumn best while I abandoned 1% of Anything at ep_14. I d/l the ep but was so bored by then I couldn't go sit through another ep. It was that bad. Usually for series that I don't like very much, I would just jump to the last ep to see how it ends or skip a few ep in the middle. 1% is a very low budget series.

I recommend Damo. For romantic comedies, Hello My Teacher

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Oct 9th, '06, 03:36

As much as I hate slow and draggy dramas, Autumn Tale was actually very good, and never really felt slow. It's very emotionally powerful and has a great cast, so you can;t go wrong. Unless of course you're into comedies then perhaps you should give it a miss.

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Oct 9th, '06, 03:44

MoerkJ wrote:I still have to watch the last 2 episodes, I guess I lost the interest to finish the drama. :|
lol, me too, I stopped watching at episode 24, just can't bear to watch it anymore. 1% is the first drama that I didn't finish.

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Oct 9th, '06, 14:05

:scratch:
I've only seen 1% about anything out of the ones you listed because I usually go for comedies. .
it's alright. I found it a little on the boring side. For comedy, like lucypcng had mentioned, Hello My Teacher is a good one. If you enjoyed My Girl, try Delightful Girl Choon Hyang.

and out of my pure lazyness, try out this thread:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_11526.htm

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 9th, '06, 14:44

If you want to see more dramas along the lines of KSS and My Girl (comedies), good other ones are Sweet 18, Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang and Super Rookies.

kamiru0hikari

Post by kamiru0hikari » Oct 10th, '06, 02:03

thanks for those who left me some advice.... i might watch Delightful Girl Choon Hyang... i heard that the main characters for this are the ones arguing in the living room at the end of my girl.... is this true?

xoxo, kamiru

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Oct 10th, '06, 02:10

kamiru0hikari wrote:i heard that the main characters for this are the ones arguing in the living room at the end of my girl.... is this true?
Yes, they are.

Lynn Minmei

Post by Lynn Minmei » Oct 10th, '06, 02:32

since im bias when it comes to Son Yeh Jin, my vote goes to Alone In Love. there are really boring scenes but at least it is not that too serious so i can bear with it.

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Oct 10th, '06, 07:21

Well, that's the risk of asking what k-series is worth watching. As I've said earlier, go watch the three (3) and share with us your comments, more than you listening to our preferences.

I consider myself a faithful k-series viewer. No matter how draggy the drama is, so long as the storyline is good, I'll watch it to the end.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Oct 11th, '06, 05:41

bugsie wrote:
MoerkJ wrote:I still have to watch the last 2 episodes, I guess I lost the interest to finish the drama. :|
lol, me too, I stopped watching at episode 24, just can't bear to watch it anymore. 1% is the first drama that I didn't finish.
Hah ha! Same here. I d/l ep 14 but then refused to sit through another ep (yeah, that's what the ep is about - 90% sitting down, not much action). Before 14, I was already labouring, hoping things would get better. Then I decided I wasn't going to "sit through" 14 nor the last ep. Besides the low budget setting, I couldn't stand the girl. Before this series, the worst I did was jump to the last ep to see the ending or immediately deleted the series after I finished.. With this series, I was just glad to get off.

p/s I love, love, love the guy (KDW) in The Duelist or Temptation of Wolves (both movies), though.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Oct 11th, '06, 08:25

Omg what kind of choice is this... watch autumn tale damn it.