Korean cleavage

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
auroragb

Korean cleavage

Post by auroragb » Oct 19th, '06, 17:37

Got your attention huh? hehe

I was watching the Korean Big Bell award (effectively the Korean Oscars) and noticed something. EVERY time that a woman bowed, she would cover up the cleavage revealing portion of her dress. It took me a couple of time before I realized it, because I chalked it up to this is how Koreans bow, but when a woman juggled her award envelopes to bow that way so it became distracting. Afterwards, I started to pay attention every time a woman bowed, and they DID THAT EVERY TIME and IT WAS ANNOYING!

Seriously, what is the point of wearing a low cut dress if you don't intend to show cleavage? Perhaps they are hiding the fact that they don't have any? :whistling: But there were a few that were reasonably well endowed that did the same thing... it just seems like a strange thing...

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Oct 19th, '06, 17:46

ahaha thats a good point =P i shal take notice in the future!! LOL

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Oct 19th, '06, 20:14

I thought that holding your hand over your breast was simply the polite way of bowing.
Shame about the cleavage though. Guess you'll just have to watch "La Belle" again or something...

waqar

Post by waqar » Oct 19th, '06, 20:32

Does it mean,
wearing low cut = show cleavage :scratch:.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Oct 19th, '06, 21:20

Hmm...interesting topic. Needs more cleavage IMO :P

Baek

They just ...

Post by Baek » Oct 30th, '06, 23:41

They just don't want to show their cleavage. Definately it is not kind of polite way...most korean girls don't bow like that except when they wear low cut dress...I've seen korean men don't understand that korean women bow like that...

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Oct 31st, '06, 16:10

I dub this the Korean cleavage paradox. They love wearing low cut dresses that show cleavage, but will do their damnedest to prevent from showing :lol

airskape

Post by airskape » Nov 1st, '06, 03:54

need pics! :D

anglvue

Post by anglvue » Nov 1st, '06, 04:19

i find this topic funny. i'd agree it is a paradox but does it really matter? it's like wearing a kinda short top but always pulling it down to try to not show too much. that's probably how it is with the whole cleavage thing. it's cute to wear but not cute if it all spills out. that's my take.

Psygnius

Post by Psygnius » Nov 1st, '06, 04:32

anglvue wrote:i find this topic funny. i'd agree it is a paradox but does it really matter? it's like wearing a kinda short top but always pulling it down to try to not show too much. that's probably how it is with the whole cleavage thing. it's cute to wear but not cute if it all spills out. that's my take.
Don't worry, we don't mind if you show too much cleavage....
...what? :whistling:

anglvue

Post by anglvue » Nov 1st, '06, 04:40

Psygnius wrote:
anglvue wrote:i find this topic funny. i'd agree it is a paradox but does it really matter? it's like wearing a kinda short top but always pulling it down to try to not show too much. that's probably how it is with the whole cleavage thing. it's cute to wear but not cute if it all spills out. that's my take.
Don't worry, we don't mind if you show too much cleavage....
...what? :whistling:
hahaha very funny...i've had cleavage malfunctions before and they aren't fun (for me anyway)

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Nov 1st, '06, 04:43

I think that this whole conversation is great....but all I have to say is if you've got them...flaunt them

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 1st, '06, 05:07

All these posts are from a guy perspective?

What about the Korean tradition & culture? Though dressing a low cut dress, they should show respect. Dont forget that we are talking about Korea, where people shows a lot of respect for elders.

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Nov 1st, '06, 05:08

who cares... lolz....