Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Does 'Fast Forwarding' Enhance Your Viewing Experience?

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.

Yes, I prefer to skip the draggy/boring parts
48%
No, I prefer to watch every single second
52%

Total votes: 27

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 13th, '07, 14:18

I'm just wondering whether 'fast forwarding' draggy parts of a series enhances your viewing experience?

The reason I ask is cuz I'm the type who has never fast forwarded any part of any k-drama before, no matter how draggy or boring certain scenes are. I feel that by fast forwarding I'm not truly appreciating the drama and therefore ruining my experience.

However, I spoke to a friend of mine the other day about Stairway to Heaven. She said she absolutely loved it, and then I asked her whether she felt some parts were too draggy? She replied by saying "Oh those parts...I usually fast forward those".

So anyone who fast forwards, or not, please share your comments :)

AboutDrama

Post by AboutDrama » Jan 13th, '07, 16:27

YES, I do 'fast forward' draggy parts of a series.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'enhances your viewing experience.' I don't think there's any enhancement of my viewing experiences but definitely those parts are wasting my time and after all I don't lose the story line. So why not fast forward those draggy parts?

TrevorGod

Post by TrevorGod » Jan 15th, '07, 15:11

I could never fast forward through any part of a series. I didn't even know there were people who did that, or that there were in the majority (as far as this poll is concerned anyways). When I sit down to watch a series I already expect to invest my time in it, so there is no need for me to fast forward through any of it.

Besides, if I fast forwarded, I would feel like I was missing something that could have been interesting. Sometimes the slow parts can make the eventful parts more exciting. It can be a situation where "the sweet is not as sweet without the sour ".

yieebo

Post by yieebo » Jan 15th, '07, 15:25

yeah, if i watch the first episode and all it's really about is the actors being "cute"... making faces at each other all the way through each episode, then i skip the entire rest of the drama and just go look at some pictures of them on the web. some of the actors can be summed up by a few goofy pictures of them adoring themselves.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 15th, '07, 16:27

hehe, I'm the master forwarder here.
I always look for players that can play 2x with audio, so I can fast forward without losing things
It's definitely useful for passing draggy parts.
Also let's me watch more dramas :P

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 16th, '07, 14:58

@AboutDrama

sorry I didn't word it very well, but basically what I meant was: do you enjoy dramas more when you skip the draggy bits?
TrevorGod wrote: Besides, if I fast forwarded, I would feel like I was missing something that could have been interesting. Sometimes the slow parts can make the eventful parts more exciting. It can be a situation where "the sweet is not as sweet without the sour ".
You make a good point, and more often than not, you're absolutely right! But the problem is, what if the sour is too sour? :unsure:

Pekana

Post by Pekana » Jan 16th, '07, 22:45

I don't fastforward when I watch dramas, even if some bits get draggy.

I guess I could agree with TrevorGod on this - if I decide to watch a series I'm already prepared beforehand to invest time. I could never watch a drama by fastforwarding because I'd inevitably feel like I've missed some important detail or passed by some nuance. It's the same for me when I read books, I never skip the parts that seem boring either. I can't enjoy something fully if I don't watch/read it in full.

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » Jan 17th, '07, 13:24

Whooops. It's a 50/50. XD

I hardly (more like I never) fastforward when I watch Kdramas (despite the fact that my obsolete computer goes bonkers each time I try to forward/rewind something. hahaha). Not even boring/draggy parts. I don't know, I just prefer to watch everything from A to Z, perhaps I would like to understand the characters more. :mrgreen:
Last edited by strawberrie1210 on Jan 18th, '07, 05:50, edited 1 time in total.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 17th, '07, 15:47

I kind of do both, because I have the video and audio both on while fast forwarding, I'm not missing a single second of the action. Also, audio is compressed, so it doesn't sound like chipmunks :)