[Kmovie] I'm a Cyborg But That's Ok (2006)

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jan 1st, '10, 15:20

Wow, okay here are very mixed opinions about the movie. I haven't seen it yet, downloading it now.
I read the title when skimming through Bi's filmography and it kinda made me curious. Also the fact that it won several Awards, also international awards and the unusual story made me interested ... I'm really looking forward to it. I expect something along the lines of "Le fableux destin d'Amélie Poulin", if you've seen the movie...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 1st, '10, 16:48

I don't find any similarities except for some shots in cinematography. I watched it twice (yes, Bi yodelling is priceless, keke), and I enlisted this movie in a future plans for a movie club I'm supervising. It is not so cheerful story, not much of teenage jokes, but focused mostly on acting. The story is showed from a not so mentally stable girl, and everything we see, is as seen by her (in some scenes doesn't, but...). I don't think there is a scene that is unnecessary. Bi was nominated for his acting at "Asian Oscars" as I call it, keke. So, in all, worth watching.

But to be honest, I don't follow other's opinions. If I were, I would have never watched so many movies/dramas I love. If I like the director/screenwriter/actor/storyline, I watch it. This is the only guidance.
Cheers! :mrgreen:

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jan 3rd, '10, 03:40

haha, you're right. Actually I don't really let other's opinions affect my decicion to watch a drama or movie.. (but what I DO care about is the ending. i just CAN'T watch films with a sad ending T_T)

anyway, about the film:
i absolutely LOVED it. i thought it was really touching, i liked the way they showed us HER way of thinking and i also liked all the side characters. and how her family dealt with the illness of the grandmother and their daughter. it's not a cheerful story, just as you said, but it's heartwarming and has a very exquisite humor <3 I also liked the colour-theme of this film, somehow. green-ish?
oh, and the scene in the boiler room (or whatever it was, where all these huge pipes were?) was very moving ._.
the way he cares for her is cute, and also how the patients all stick together in the end (when he's giving her instructions on how to eat and all the others eat according to them, too)

i can see that this isn't a movie anyone would like, but i lke this kind of movies (a bit surreal, telling not just A story ABOUT someone but really someone's story, a film that somehow creates it's own litte universe..)

anyhow. <3 <3> *loves* it and is going to watch it again, tomorrow, with my mum ^-^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '10, 22:38

Yeah, I noticed that greenish hue. And what shocked me the most, was the beginning, when she was making the radio/transmitter. She slashed her wrists as if she cut carrots. That was terryfying, and I thought: hell, this movie is gonna be weird.
And the scene of hugging her after feeding. Her body becomes invisible and the whole mechanism is visible, I think it was one of the best scenes not only in this movie, but in general.

Kertzz

Post by Kertzz » Feb 19th, '10, 10:19

I absolutely loved this move... definite top 10 movies for me

it had amazing costumes, a twisted plot and beautiful shots.

I am pretty much speechless but I would recommend everyone who loves artsy movies to watch this. Surreal humour and beautiful cast.

peterrific

Post by peterrific » Mar 4th, '10, 06:28

Is it weird to say that I haven't seen this movie even if I'm a fan of Bi? My friends tell me this is a good movie. Do you know where I could get a copy of this film?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 4th, '10, 12:28

On Demonoid (if you have an account) or just type in google search: "title" torrent.

Pool1888

Post by Pool1888 » Apr 2nd, '10, 17:01

this is one of my favorite films of all time. rain is so amazing, damn he is talented. totally buying this dvd.

Cerviel

Post by Cerviel » May 14th, '10, 11:46

Quite honestly... this is the worst movie I have ever seen.
Then again maybe I shouldn't have expected more than just the friendship and affection between two psychos.

That in itself might not have been that bad.... but the way their insanity was shown couldn't touch me at all.

Daki Kibe

Post by Daki Kibe » Jun 1st, '10, 09:40

The plot pulled me in, and I have to say, I'm glad it did. It was a wonderful movie and it took me sometime to get the gist of things but I loved it.

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Jun 1st, '10, 14:29

LOL, I am watching this movie right now on the Sundance channel. I thought it was weird the first time I saw it, but the second and third time I really started to like it. It's kinda smart and sweet at the same time. It's poking fun at a system and people's perception of the mental ill and showing that everyone deserves love and everyone can find love.