The best 5 rating drama in korea,until now.

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
gelli93

The best 5 rating drama in korea,until now.

Post by gelli93 » May 25th, '07, 13:31

what's the best rating drama in korean??
THESE ARE THE BIG FIVE RATING KOREAN DRAMA.

1.JUMONG WITH 51%
2.PRINCESS HOURS WITH 28%
3.FULL HOUSE WITH 26%
4.MY NAME IS KIM SAM SOON WITH 24%
5.MY GIRL WITH 22.5%

DO YOU HAVE A COMMENT WITH THIS?

beertax

Post by beertax » May 25th, '07, 19:21

If we are talking all time kDrama, sorry but you are way off.

According to Nielson Media Korea, thru 2004 the highest rated drama ever in korean tv was "First Love", a 1997 drama starting Choi Su Jong, Lee Seung Yeon, and Bae Yong Jun, with an average rating of 65.8%. The second highest was "Huh Joon", with 65.6%. HourGlass (or SandGlass) was fourth with 64.5%. I don't think third and fifth shows ever made it outside of KOrea, so I won't mention them.

Anyway, while the above figures were complied in 2004 I doubt any drama since has even topped 60%. So even the mighty Jumong fails to make the cut in top 5.

belleza

Post by belleza » May 25th, '07, 22:28

The list, though apparently it's under further review. It only showed peak scores though . . .

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/List_of_top_r ... ean_Dramas

Western and pan-Asian tastes in K-drama (i.e. here and Soompi) can differ quite a bit from what Korea really watches. For example, most people associate Song Hye Kyo with Full House or Autumn Tale. But her biggest hit -- and IMO her best onscreen matchup -- was All In. Or that Winter Sonata was initially hyped as a Bae Yon Joon/Choi Ji Woo reunion of First Love.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » May 26th, '07, 15:20

I don't think we'll ever see ratings like that again with the increasing popularity of the internet in the 21st century - People are more inclined to sit in front of their computer screen rather than the TV.

I've noticed in the all-time ratings list that period dramas tend to rate quite well, but if you're not Korean, or don't know much about its history, they don't seem as entertaining as the ratings suggests. But as belleza already pointed out, non-korean tastes in k-drama seems to be quite different to that of Koreans.

junebaby

Post by junebaby » May 30th, '07, 07:47

Out of the top three I have seen Hur Joon aand The Sandglass and they DO deserve to be on top. For a non-korean as myself to be moved emotionally by such dramas was an amazing exxperience - imagine what it was like for a Korean ! !