Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

The Korean Wave: Is It Really Waning?

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
watermelonghost
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 11th, '09, 00:06

Post by watermelonghost » Jun 3rd, '09, 20:47

aNToK wrote:Y'see, here's the problem, melon. Just for the hell of it, you mentioned that groink was trolling and "keeping the thread alive for 3 years"
if i have to teach you how to read, wat i said was hes been strolling around...
if u know how to surf through the net, u may find like 50 other threads with him yacking and yacking koreans this koreans that... i just find it annoying...

since you claim hes been here 2 and a half years ago, and been dead...
his account must have magically wrote a reply during the past few days, huh?
He's got his views on things and isn't shy about saying them
thats right... and i have my view on what to say, and i aint shy about it either...
i started off saying calm things up until he snapped on me, so it ended up with him and me going back and forth... dont forget, hes the one who started it...
AND BESIDES, I WASNT EVEN TALKING TO HIM TO BEGIN WITH.... HE REPLIED TOWARDS ME .... WHEN I HONESTLY EXPRESSED MY OPINION ON JAPAN OF HOW THEY ARE HATERS
3 YEARS AGO MY ASS
OK, so it' pretty apparent that groink's preferences lie more towards things Japanese and have for quite some time and that he's irked because he feels that a lot of Koreans and Korean Wave Riders (new term?) are too **** and/or full of themselves
Guess what? He's allowed to feel that way
i agree with you... he has the right to hate or like certain people or culture...
BUT... dont i have the right too? i feel that the japs are nothing but people who are filled with bs, and thinks they are superior to other asian countries, and are the biggest hypocrits..... but apparently some people been nagging me, when i was only expressing my feeling which i THINK I HAVE THE RIGHT TO FEEL
but i guess from ur point of view, its ok to rip on koreans, but ITS NOT right to rip on japanese...
DID I HEAR FREEDOM OF SPEECH? I DONT THINK SO...
CAN I HEAR A PLEASE AT LEAST?

Am I the only one who finds it a bit ironic that the newer and younger folks are much more prone to dragging up crap from 70 years ago? I have yet to ever hear my wife bring up the Rape Of Nanking as a defensey
look whos talking...
the japs always bring up the past everyday...
like the things koreans did during the recession which was a different one, which was like 20 years ago, and how they guned down people from dokdo/takeshima 40~50 years ago,
the ww2 is not about the past anymore, japs are lieing about it TODAY....
and how america should apologize for hiroshima like decades years ago
of course 70 is a bigger number, so japan thinks its justified....
did you hear that dumb@$$ baseball player in japan who was bringing up the past in the koreanjapanese baseball game saying "dont worry my people, ill buy our land back"
hahaha, priceless... i mean sh*t thats the PAST, give it a break, japan

and if you read carefully, groink mentioned ARROGANT SPEECHES about how koreans had their chance during the 70s, and ended up being an underdeveloped country... and how nobody needs to know koreas culture due to its insignificant economy...
HE HAS THE RIGHT TO FEEL THIS TOWARDS KOREA
AND I HAVE THE RIGHT TO FEEL WHAT I THINK ABOUT JAPAN !!!!!!!!!!

LET ME GUESS... IF THATS NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PAST...
IS HE TALKING ABOUT THE FUTURE?
YOU GATTA HELP ME OUT ON THIS ONE :whistling:

====================================================

THIS IS WHAT IT SEEMS LIKE YOURE SAYING

when I debate about things back, its a"poorly-conceived personal attack"
and when groink does so, its totally "justified" and "he isnt shy and is allowed to express his feelings"
I DONT UNDERSTAND MR.ANTOK, BRING ME UP A SPEED :D

hahaha, you make me laugh... i guess this is youre point of view and justice that comes outside of america....
like i say, some people dont see their own faults...

Ive been living in america for some time now, and i had to deal with racism by japs here too, especially when i go to japanese marts... with their "kankoku yaro" and sh*t.... last thing i need is a jap telling me what to do or what to feel...

COMMON SENSE : whos the one who started this? whos the one RIGHT NOW going around forums ripping on koreans? I REST MY CASE
Last edited by watermelonghost on Jun 3rd, '09, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1825
Joined: Oct 19th, '04, 02:22
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by lilswtangel » Jun 3rd, '09, 21:33

excuse you, but I find the term "Jap" derogatory here. Nice way to start a flame war by insulting all the Japanese people in this forum.

Freedom of speech my ass if all you're going to do is insult others.

watermelonghost
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 11th, '09, 00:06

Post by watermelonghost » Jun 3rd, '09, 21:40

lilswtangel wrote:excuse you, but I find the term "Jap" derogatory here. Nice way to start a flame war by insulting all the Japanese people in this forum.

Freedom of speech my ass if all you're going to do is insult others.
tell it to youre japanese friend, whos been degrading koreans...
he started this flaming, so im just counter measuring...

which is it?
you guys insult us, and we insult you guys?
or you guys leaves us alone, and we leave u alone?
you guys choose...

i only got 1 rule, u leave me alone, i leave u alone...

THOSE WHO START THE FIGHT
MUST BE READY TO MEET THE CONSEQUENCES OF THE END
Last edited by watermelonghost on Jun 3rd, '09, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1825
Joined: Oct 19th, '04, 02:22
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by lilswtangel » Jun 3rd, '09, 21:44

so that gives you a reason to be a jackass and flame all the other Japanese people here!?

p.s. why would you assume groink was Japanese in the first place. Can't non-Japanese people enjoy Japanese dramas?

watermelonghost
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 11th, '09, 00:06

Post by watermelonghost » Jun 3rd, '09, 21:46

lilswtangel wrote:so that gives you a reason to be a jackass and flame all the other Japanese people here!?

p.s. why would you assume groink was Japanese in the first place. Can't non-Japanese people enjoy Japanese dramas?
i dont care if he likes or hates koreans or korea waves..
i care hes ridiculing them

so that gives him the right to be a jackass and flame other koreans?
READ HIS MESSAGES
hes been degrading all the koreans in every forum....
like how korean waves are bs, or how koreas an underdeveloped inferior country
look, im not a korea wave fan either, but he has no right to insult koreans that here in the d-addicts that chooses to do what they want , so does other nation fans....
i hate people who prey on people like that...

hypocrits, why cant the japanese people see the pain they cause others...
rather then seeing only those who inflicts pain on them?
Last edited by watermelonghost on Jun 3rd, '09, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1825
Joined: Oct 19th, '04, 02:22
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by lilswtangel » Jun 3rd, '09, 21:54

Are you not doing the same?

If either of you have a personal problem with the other, I advise you to PM each other. Why hash it out for all the world to see?

Also, I rather not see people throw racist comments back and forth at each other.
watermelonghost wrote:hypocrits, why cant the japanese people see the pain they cause others...
rather then seeing only those who inflicts pain on them?
..................................................................

watermelonghost
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 11th, '09, 00:06

Post by watermelonghost » Jun 3rd, '09, 21:57

lilswtangel wrote:Are you not doing the same?

f either of you have a personal problem with each other, I advise you to PM each other. Why hash it out for all the world to see?

Also, I rather not see people throw racist comments back and forth at each other.
watermelonghost wrote:hypocrits, why cant the japanese people see the pain they cause others...
rather then seeing only those who inflicts pain on them?
... ... ..... ......... ......
ok then,,, tell "groink" and "antok" and "kuro" to stop dissing koreans...
and there wont be any more problems...

I AGREE WITH YOU...
why hash these ridicules on the forum for the world to see?

GO TO PAGE 1 of these darn thread, and see who started the ridicule for the world to see...

as much as japanese people dont like getting degraded...
koreans just as much dont like getting degraded either...

it wasnt a personal problem up until his ranting, flaming, and trolling

hanryumahnseh
Posts: 11
Joined: Jun 1st, '09, 07:48

Post by hanryumahnseh » Jun 3rd, '09, 22:05

wow, when will these guys shut the hell up?
Last edited by hanryumahnseh on Jun 3rd, '09, 22:17, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1825
Joined: Oct 19th, '04, 02:22
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by lilswtangel » Jun 3rd, '09, 22:05

Do you know why I have a problem with your flaming? Because you immediately assume the people who wrote the comments were Japanese. From what I know, neither groink nor aNToK are Japanese, but you still went ahead and wrote all that bashing on the "Japanese people."

groink prefers Japanese dramas over Korean dramas, but that doesn't necessarily make him Japanese ethnically.

I have read from page 1. I find this thread utterly ridiculous, but people are allowed to have their personal opinions. If you have a problem or was offended by a poster's comment, then kindly PM that person and resolve it. It doesn't help if you jump in and start writing about how the Japanese are in the wrong...or how they don't like being degraded or deflamed.

hanryumahnseh
Posts: 11
Joined: Jun 1st, '09, 07:48

Post by hanryumahnseh » Jun 3rd, '09, 22:12

lilswtangel wrote:Do you know why I have a problem with your flaming? Because you immediately assume the people who wrote the comments were Japanese. From what I know, neither groink nor aNToK are Japanese, but you still went ahead and wrote all that bashing on the "Japanese people."

groink prefers Japanese dramas over Korean dramas, but that doesn't necessarily make him Japanese ethnically.

I have read from page 1. I find this thread utterly ridiculous, but people are allowed to have their personal opinions. If you have a problem or was offended by a poster's comment, then kindly PM that person and resolve it. It doesn't help if you jump in and start writing about how the Japanese are in the wrong...or how they don't like being degraded or deflamed.
i know groink is japanese....
he proofed to me the other day, when he yacked about the dokdo/takeshima...
look at his profile, hes a 41 year old filipino that lives in hawaii and would be on d-addicts to defend japanese from korean ridicules from watermelon?? i doubt it...

and watermelon has a point... groink is one thing, kuro is japanese....
and theyve been saying degrading things about koreans.....

lilswtangel,if youre ganna say something to koreans...
say it to the japanese friends as well...
Last edited by hanryumahnseh on Jun 3rd, '09, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.

watermelonghost
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 11th, '09, 00:06

Post by watermelonghost » Jun 3rd, '09, 22:16

wow

User avatar
lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1825
Joined: Oct 19th, '04, 02:22
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by lilswtangel » Jun 3rd, '09, 22:21

hanryumahnseh wrote: lilswtangel,if youre ganna say something to koreans... say it to the japanese as well...
I have NOTHING TO SAY TO EITHER THE KOREANS OR JAPANESE. This is NOT about either ethnic cultures. I was writing about net etiquette. I did not in any way flame Koreans...nor am I siding with the "Japanese".

Those who know me well enough here knows that I'm partial to Korean culture because my significant other himself is Korean.

For the matter, to my knowledge, groink is not, I repeat, IS NOT, Japanese. I think I have more say on this than you do as I have interacted with both groink and aNToK over the years on D-Addicts.

watermelonghost
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 11th, '09, 00:06

Post by watermelonghost » Jun 3rd, '09, 22:23

lilswtangel wrote:I have read from page 1. I find this thread utterly ridiculous, but people are allowed to have their personal opinions. If you have a problem or was offended by a poster's comment, then kindly PM that person and resolve it. It doesn't help if you jump in and start writing about how the Japanese are in the wrong...or how they don't like being degraded or deflamed.
PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPRESS THEIR OPINION, IS THAT WHAT YOU SAID?
so do i, thats exactly what im doing, im saying i dont like the japanese wave as much as these guys dont like the korean wave..... thats what me and groinks been argueing about, and you came along in the middle.....

like u said, if i should kindly say PM them, they should have done so to me...
and so did you.....

youre argument contradict each other....
so PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE THEIR PERSONAL OPINIONS
and its wrong for me to JUMP IN AND WRITE MY OWN PERSONAL OPINIONS?
maybe what you mean, is "ridiculing koreans are a form of opinoin, while koreans shouldnt ridicule japanese cause thats flaming, so just KINDLY PM them",

wow,, hypocrits,,, this is EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT BEFORE
some dont see the pain they inflict others, while they see the pains inflicted on them
Last edited by watermelonghost on Jun 3rd, '09, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.

hanryumahnseh
Posts: 11
Joined: Jun 1st, '09, 07:48

Post by hanryumahnseh » Jun 3rd, '09, 22:25

cool_drama wrote:@groink

I can see that you favor things Japanese over Korean. Japan in general is the better country, no doubt. Japan has also been influencing America for some time now, on the other hand, Korea has just been rising and she is still trying to make an influence. A lot of remakes of Korean films were made recently by Hollywood such as The Lake House and My Sassy Girl; that shows that Korean entertainment has improved and is being acknowledged. Sure it doesn't compare to Japan yet.

You are comparing two countries here with different cultural values, which is not right. But that's not my point. I am neither Japanese nor Korean, I am an American too and I am not defending neither country. My point is that there is nothing wrong with following something that you like, be it the Japanese wave, Korean wave, African wave, you name it. They don't deserve to be insulted because of that. There will always be zealots for everything, like the Mac zealots, the Linux, the Windows...whatever. I am a Windows guy and I can tell you that the Windows zealots are no better than the Macs. You'll end up disliking everything if you base on a few zealots to make an opinion. Once again, I see nothing wrong with following the Korean Wave, which came about because of Korea's undoubtedly entertaining entertainment.
thats what ive been trying to tell GOINK for awhile, and i doubt he it will get through them.....
i dont care if he likes the japanese wave, korean wave, or whatever wave....
hes just being on the forums writing hate speeches,,, THATS NOT EXPRESSING ON OPINION, thats more of PROVOKING HATE...

User avatar
lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1825
Joined: Oct 19th, '04, 02:22
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by lilswtangel » Jun 3rd, '09, 22:28

No......what you did is not just talk about how you dislike the Japanese wave. You basically wrote about how Japanese brought the world to an end.

There's a difference between saying "I hate Japanese dramas" and "I hate the Japanese in general".

Personal opinions, fine. When you go out on your way to deliberately make racist comments, NOT SO FINE! Cry to someone who cares.

the way you wrote "Jap, jap, jap" annoyed me to no end.

watermelonghost
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 11th, '09, 00:06

Post by watermelonghost » Jun 3rd, '09, 22:48

lilswtangel wrote:No......what you did is not just talk about how you dislike the Japanese wave. You basically wrote about how Japanese brought the world to an end.

There's a difference between saying "I hate Japanese dramas" and "I hate the Japanese in general".

Personal opinions, fine. When you go out on your way to deliberately make racist comments, NOT SO FINE! Cry to someone who cares.

the way you wrote "Jap, jap, jap" annoyed me to no end.
sigh, i cant reason with you...
obviously you cant seem to perceive negative comments on koreans....
and since now you cant deny that those guys ridiculed koreans, you now speak of degrees of insults, of how which one was worse or which one was better....
in my opinion,,, WHOEVER STARTED THE FIRE, MUST BE EXPECTING IT TO GROW...


=======================================================
AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION
THESE GUYS SAID THESE THINGS
many Americans have a negative view of Koreans - with the North Korean nuclear issues, as Americans don't know the difference between South and North Koreans. To them, they're just orientals.

We're things Korean so you gotta love us!!!! Yeah, right. For every guy who loves things Korean, there are ten of us who are disturbed and turned off by it.

"That's basically how I see the Koreans - just a nation filled with "Look at me! Look at me!" folks. I mean, why can't they be like many other nations and just enjoy the fact that they're big in their own country? Fricking bunch of posers if you ask me! "
============================================================

I LOVE THE FACT , HOW YOU SAY THESE THINGS ARE JUST EXPRESSING OPINIONS AND JUST A POINT OF VIEW THAT PEOPLE HAVE RIGHT TO SAY....

ON THE CONTRARY,, I WAS EXPRESSING MY FEELINGS, AS TO ARGUE AGAINST THEM FOR INSULTING US.....

of course youll make up another excuse saying, other biased opinions saying this time koreans did this in other forums in this site that you know or something..

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1438
Joined: Feb 21st, '04, 08:34
Location: East Bay
Contact:

Post by aNToK » Jun 3rd, '09, 22:51

I'll be back to show melon-head up for the liar that he is in a bit after I get my lady off to school.

watermelonghost
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 11th, '09, 00:06

Post by watermelonghost » Jun 3rd, '09, 23:02

aNToK wrote:I'll be back to show melon-head up for the liar that he is in a bit after I get my lady off to school.
im looking forward to it... and your scaring me at the same time :cry: boohoo


if you dont believe me, and if you think im a liar
READ IT YOURSELF.... you dumdum :goggle:

how about since you guys started all this sh*t, u guys end it anytime soon,..
im seriously fed up with these people just strolling around the forums starting fights..
i dont see how people enjoy the inflicting of pain of others?
i mean for one, im just counter attacking if you ask me...

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest