.aigoo down!! myaigoo down!! >>(editX2)<<

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
sherrycg

Post by sherrycg » Sep 14th, '08, 22:31

I am so greatful and thankful to the wonderful Aigoo ladies that Aigoo is back. :salut: :salut: :salut: :wub: :wub: :wub:

drmaul

Post by drmaul » Sep 14th, '08, 22:34

Unknowns wrote:This is like the best news i got so far for the day. Just hope none of those Korean tv station find out about this site for a long time.
They already know about it, :).

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » Sep 14th, '08, 22:37

I am absolutely speechless! I feel like I was dead yesterday and now I'm alive again today! Thank you guys soo much for putting aigoo back up even though it's a little different. This is much better than nothing.....
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU........

Nadil
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Nadil » Sep 14th, '08, 22:40

Great news! :D :D
and i thought i have to say goodbye to my best source for kdramas :P
*dance* THX Aigoo!

moviezman

Post by moviezman » Sep 14th, '08, 22:44

Great news! :thumright:

cutelinksy

Post by cutelinksy » Sep 15th, '08, 04:28

kdrama2005 wrote:
Also, if you sign up for free megaupload as user (free) you can qualify for "happy hour premium" usage during 10AM to 2AM (CDT).
For the Megaupload tootbar, just to to their website. Notice I've downloaded and installed it. At night 10PM to 2AM their offer "Happy Hour Premium" to member. To be member you can register for free, just enter a valide email address which you create from Gmail for example.

The steps are:
1) Download and install the tool bar.
2) login to Megaupload
3) at 10PM (sometimes before 10, like 9PM) try to down load a file from there by waiting for the 25 secs countdown, but then the "Happy Hour Premium" button will turn "orange". The picture below is this afternoon so it's not "on" yet.
4) one you click on it you'll see a new page with a summary of premium member services. Close it and go back to the link to the file you what but this time you'll get straight to the page that allows you to download the file.
5) you can download as many files you want until 2AM.
Hi, thanks for your detailed explanation....does this has limitation on each country etc? I am in Hong Kong but I can't see any happy hour premium button, there's only premium download.....and i sound really stupid i know, but I think now shld be the happy hour time in hk, abt 12 hour difference right?

thanks a lot

cutelinksy

Post by cutelinksy » Sep 15th, '08, 04:31

They are back!!!

Oh, this must be the happiest news for me in my whole life! I was totally lost when I realised Aigoo was gone and there’s no way for us K drama lovers to get our source for those lovely k dramas!

I hope we only spread this site among us, K drama lovers and don’t spread to unnecessary people, so that not to attract attention from those stupid copyright license holder! So that Aigoo can go on forever!!!

jtranla

Post by jtranla » Sep 15th, '08, 04:33

Wow...did not know so many people rely on Aigoo for downloads.
Hope y'all will visit the Donate section too :D

kdrama2005

Post by kdrama2005 » Sep 15th, '08, 06:27

cutelinksy wrote:
kdrama2005 wrote:
Also, if you sign up for free megaupload as user (free) you can qualify for "happy hour premium" usage during 10AM to 2AM (CDT).
For the Megaupload tootbar, just to to their website. Notice I've downloaded and installed it. At night 10PM to 2AM their offer "Happy Hour Premium" to member. To be member you can register for free, just enter a valide email address which you create from Gmail for example.

The steps are:
1) Download and install the tool bar.
2) login to Megaupload
3) at 10PM (sometimes before 10, like 9PM) try to down load a file from there by waiting for the 25 secs countdown, but then the "Happy Hour Premium" button will turn "orange". The picture below is this afternoon so it's not "on" yet.
4) one you click on it you'll see a new page with a summary of premium member services. Close it and go back to the link to the file you what but this time you'll get straight to the page that allows you to download the file.
5) you can download as many files you want until 2AM.
Hi, thanks for your detailed explanation....does this has limitation on each country etc? I am in Hong Kong but I can't see any happy hour premium button, there's only premium download.....and i sound really stupid i know, but I think now shld be the happy hour time in hk, abt 12 hour difference right?

thanks a lot
Sorry I don't know enough about how MU works on other country outside USA. Best thing it to install the MU toolbar, keep it logged in, then try different times. Today the "Happy Hours Premium" started in the US Central time before 10PM, it was around 8:30PM. Now that Aigoo is back you should try. Good luck.

qawi3ep

Post by qawi3ep » Sep 15th, '08, 06:28

Everybody rejoice and watch kdrama happily ever after. (Hopefully :P)

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Sep 15th, '08, 14:46

jtranla wrote:Wow...did not know so many people rely on Aigoo for downloads.
Hope y'all will visit the Donate section too :D
K-drama torrents aren't very well seeded here, and Clubbox can be very difficult to use - Some people haven't even managed to sign up! I won't even begin with ED2K, Usenet, IRC etc. This leaves the majority of k-drama fans with only one option:

- Direct Downloads

Before Aigoo existed there were (and still are) a number of DDL sites around, but most of them seem to be quite messy and not very well maintained (ie links would die frequently and not re-uploaded). Not to mention none of them offer those POREFECT 720p files! :D

Aigoo has, with the help of your diligent and wonderful team, managed to overcome the issues which plagued other sites and has become THE primary source of korean drama episodes. Aigoo has such an immaculate look, and is run by some of the friendliest and funniest people in the community, and you're surprised why so many people rely on Aigoo? No need to be so modest :) It was only down for 1 day and look at how many people emo'd out about it! I'm sure people here have shed more tears of the news about Aigoo being taken down than Choi Ji Woo has in all her melodramas combined. :cry:

So.....AIGOO IS DEAD. LONG LIVE AIGOO! Or something. Welcome back beautiful ladies :)

belleza

Post by belleza » Sep 15th, '08, 18:25

I'm sure people here have shed more tears of the news about Aigoo being taken down than Choi Ji Woo has in all her melodramas combined.
Even Choi Ji Woo cries for Aigoo, blessed Aigoo. Cry woman cry!!
Not to mention none of them offer those POREFECT 720p files!
That's what it comes down to. I have a gorgeous Samsung 46" that spits on me for feeding it anything less than 720p. I can buy most of the shows now, but something as voluptuous as the Legend or Kingdom of the Wind was really made for widescreen high definition.

BTW, isn't MU Toolbar spyware? Do you need it overseas if you already bought the account?

Maybe Aigoo ought to have people to register a la Soompi. Maybe that'll help with protecting visibility.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Sep 15th, '08, 18:31

belleza wrote:
I'm sure people here have shed more tears of the news about Aigoo being taken down than Choi Ji Woo has in all her melodramas combined.
Even Choi Ji Woo cries for Aigoo, blessed Aigoo. Cry woman cry!!
Not to mention none of them offer those POREFECT 720p files!
That's what it comes down to. I have a gorgeous Samsung 46" that spits on me for feeding it anything less than 720p. I can buy most of the shows now, but something as voluptuous as the Legend or Kingdom of the Wind was really made for widescreen high definition.

BTW, isn't MU Toolbar spyware? Do you need it overseas if you already bought the account?

Maybe Aigoo ought to have people to register a la Soompi. Maybe that'll help with protecting visibility.
I don't know if its just my blindness but once I got used to HD (Pioneer Elite Plasma here) its not that special anymore...I know people call me strange but I start the prefer the little more blurry videos :roll

The megaupload toolbar is unnecessary but the megamanager is actually quite helpful.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Sep 16th, '08, 14:04

That's probably the strangest thing I've heard for quite some time. Next thing you know, Aigoo will be posting up episodes in 320x240 FLV format, especially for those who belittle 720p!

On second thought, you might not be that strange after all. Could it be, that you do not like pores?

lmaonade

Post by lmaonade » Sep 16th, '08, 22:11

sometimes i dont' liek HDTV cuz it looks to blurry
it's as if it isnt' rly HD, just SDTV upscaled
and that looks rly bad

belleza

Post by belleza » Sep 16th, '08, 22:48

Maybe you're talking about 1080i? 720p tends to produce a smoother, more solid image.
On second thought, you might not be that strange after all. Could it be, that you do not like pores?
I think the x264 filters tend to vary a bit in quality. If you watch through VLC, the image can be kinda grainy, and the background images tends to be more splotchy. To be fair, the x264 1.5G files probably should be 2-3G in size in order to be "static image" quality. The normal Ental files are okay if you watch from normal viewing distance, but the artifacts were noticeable if you're not far away enough. And it's more obvious if you watch from a LCD TV. (I think this is less a problem with plasma TVs.)

I watched the first episode of Kingdom of the Wind in both Ental and 720p formats. The difference was noticeable, and the colours in the latter were more vibrant.

I love 1080 though. I downloaded a version of the Olympics Opening Ceremony encoded to 1080p. The image was not only amazingly crisp, the texture of the clothes and the translucence of the lighting leapt out from the screen!

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Sep 16th, '08, 23:00

belleza wrote:
Maybe you're talking about 1080i? 720p tends to produce a smoother, more solid image.
I think the x264 filters tend to vary a bit in quality. If you watch through VLC, the image can be kinda grainy, and the background images tends to be more splotchy. To be fair, the x264 1.5G files probably should be 2-3G in size in order to be "static image" quality. The normal Ental files are okay if you watch from normal viewing distance, but the artifacts were noticeable if you're not far away enough. And it's more obvious if you watch from a LCD TV. (I think this is less a problem with plasma TVs.)

I watched the first episode of Kingdom of the Wind in both Ental and 720p formats. The difference was noticeable, and the colours in the latter were more vibrant.

I love 1080 though. I downloaded a version of the Olympics Opening Ceremony encoded to 1080p. The image was not only amazingly crisp, the texture of the clothes and the translucence of the lighting leapt out from the screen!

Of course 1080 looks better but its just sometimes with dramas its all too clear and the movements are different too...but again I have strange eyes :mrgreen:

belleza

Post by belleza » Sep 16th, '08, 23:10

its all too clear and the movements are different too...
Have you looked at your judder setting? If your plasma has anti-judder, the effect is stronger when you have a 720p file.

annchong

Post by annchong » Sep 17th, '08, 08:07

We are transfering to a temp site - www.omo-omo.com while transfering myaigoo to a private server. It takes times as traffic is heavy.

Just hang on as we are sweating buckets and keeping very very very late nights...

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Sep 17th, '08, 08:14

annchong wrote:We are transfering to a temp site - www.omo-omo.com while transfering myaigoo to a private server. It takes times as traffic is heavy.

Just hang on as we are sweating buckets and keeping very very very late nights...
Appreciate all your hard work to get the site back up again :)

truong.michelle

Post by truong.michelle » Sep 17th, '08, 08:25

Hi guys,
I've actually copied most of the links from aigoo site when i found it because previously i got my stuff from idols-unlimited and they went down for the same reason so when i found aigoo, just for the fear of it also going down, got my genius computer nerd husband to convert the aigoo page to spit out all the links to me...well the ones i wanted. so if you guys need a quick fix, at least in the meantime while it's down, you can post here your requests for MU links and i can provide it for you..if i have it. i don't want to copy all of it here in case this site dies too, for the same reason. or if you want, give me an email address and i can send the links there.
-michelle

puela

Post by puela » Sep 17th, '08, 12:05

[b]ok U GUYS better love me.. hahaha

aigoo back on.. different domain thou http://www.omo-omo.com/
hopefully this is will be the last time.. its down.. for so long.. besides regular maintenance .. see u guys at aigoo :cheers: [/b]

lonelynes

Post by lonelynes » Sep 17th, '08, 12:34

puela wrote:[b]ok U GUYS better love me.. hahaha

aigoo back on.. different domain thou http://www.omo-omo.com/
hopefully this is will be the last time.. its down.. for so long.. besides regular maintenance .. see u guys at aigoo :cheers: [/b]

Heyy thanks...
U R GREAT....My Premium MU not wasted. :wub:

tks

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Sep 17th, '08, 14:31

Whoever thinks of the domain names for your site is brilliant! If it ever goes down again, the next move can be to www.oppa-oppa.com ?
belleza wrote:
I watch everything on my LCD monitor, so the difference to me is significant. Ental versions are just too blurry whereas 720p is much crispier and more colorful. I can still tolerate Ental (or other XViD 700mb files), but if a drama has 720p version available it's no contest.

annchong

Post by annchong » Sep 17th, '08, 17:03

It was like this, we figured:-

Aigooooooooooooooooooooo

website is DOWN! and then

Omo-omo

it's back up again

and repeats :)

roller

Post by roller » Sep 17th, '08, 22:34

annchong wrote:It was like this, we figured:-

Aigooooooooooooooooooooo

website is DOWN! and then

Omo-omo

it's back up again

and repeats :)
lololol :clap:

Elien

Post by Elien » Sep 17th, '08, 22:55

Hang in there guys ;-)

xk

Post by xk » Sep 18th, '08, 01:55

kobe23 wrote:Whoever thinks of the domain names for your site is brilliant! If it ever goes down again, the next move can be to www.oppa-oppa.com ?
belleza wrote:
I watch everything on my LCD monitor, so the difference to me is significant. Ental versions are just too blurry whereas 720p is much crispier and more colorful. I can still tolerate Ental (or other XViD 700mb files), but if a drama has 720p version available it's no contest.
Not if you opt for the right hardware and software.:D Regular Ental and 800x450 SHinhwa versions can have SUPERB sharpness and crispiness if you run through DVI-D cable from HTPC (w/ high-end graphics cards) to the TV. Of course.... if the TV has the DVI input. My industrial/commercial plasma TV has it, been using it for years. In some case, I can have 800x450 Shinhwa picture richer and crisper(sharper) than the 720p HD. Gotta love the DVI connection. I will show you the pictures to see how good I'm talking about....
:salut:

Oh and here are some 720p shots..... pics taken straight from my plasma ---> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre ... st14684924 Indeed... they are absolutely marvelous.

Enjoy looking at the pictures and get yourself some popcorn as I have over 1500 pictures in the same thread. 8) So far, K-drama "Bad Love" 450p Shinhwa has the best PQ in its class.

Oh and..... BIG thanks to Aigoo ladies. I am loving the new site. It's filled with 720p's..

:thumright: :lol

roller

Post by roller » Sep 18th, '08, 05:00

You don't need a high end pc nor an industrial/commercial plasma to view in HD. There are $50 graphics cards off ebay that can handle dvi-d and component output. If you don't have dvi on your tv you can use dvi to hdmi converter they are essentially the same signal. As far as the actual tv goes, a cheapo $1100 vizio lcd from costco will give you 47", 1080p and hdmi input.

Hey.. the economy isn't doing so great. We need to save as much as we can.. right? :mrgreen:

tepaj

Post by tepaj » Sep 18th, '08, 05:33

So glad they are up and running again. They have a lot of the older dramas too which are hard to get now-a-days. :cheers:

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Sep 18th, '08, 06:07

All I can say is...AIGOO! LOL

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Sep 18th, '08, 14:14

LOL @ annchong
xk wrote: Regular Ental and 800x450 SHinhwa versions can have SUPERB sharpness and crispiness if you run through DVI-D cable from HTPC (w/ high-end graphics cards) to the TV. Of course.... if the TV has the DVI input. My industrial/commercial plasma TV has it, been using it for years. In some case, I can have 800x450 Shinhwa picture richer and crisper(sharper) than the 720p HD. Gotta love the DVI connection. I will show you the pictures to see how good I'm talking about....
I have never run any files through to my TV so I can't compare the difference in quality, but I was specifically referring to how it looks on a computer monitor. With such a close viewing distance the 720p versions wins hands down. The x264 files from SHiNHWA and MickEyBABy have great picture quality too, but I have yet to find any Ental or other 700mb XviD's that come close to the quality of 720p.

Nice caps from your plasma btw :thumleft:

Speaking of all these large 1.5GB files: Do most of you guys in the US / Europe / Asia have unlimited downloads? Because here in Australia with our extremely limited download quotas, I struggle to keep on downloading 720p files and usually alternate between dramas with 700MB files just to prevent my connection from being shaped (yes, we get throttled down to dialup speeds if we exceed the limit!).

xk

Post by xk » Sep 18th, '08, 14:16

roller wrote:You don't need a high end pc nor an industrial/commercial plasma to view in HD.
I never said you have to have a "high-end PC" to run these video clips. But it is a plus to have a nicer PC and better video card. Consumer TV's don't generally give you DVI connections and picture settings are more limited, such as tweaking.

There are $50 graphics cards off ebay that can handle dvi-d and component output.
You don't wanna go too cheap on the video card as it does not provide all the features for video graphics and HDCP support. If you are talking just running regular Ental 640 x 352 video clips or other compressed video clips then you don't have to have a fast video card and that has a HDCP support. Also, you don't know for sure if a "$50 video card" will support 1366 x 768 native resolution to meet 1:1 pixel mapping to display on TV. You don't know. Some DVI equipped video cards do not support this.

If you don't have dvi on your tv you can use dvi to hdmi converter they are essentially the same signal.
It may not give you the right display resolution that the person wants. You may not get native resolution for the TV, such as TVs with 768p native resolutions. Also, a DVI-to-HDMI converter can only hurt IQ because you are going through a conversion. You will likely lose 1:1 mapping. Results = Softer and blurrier pictures.;)

As far as the actual tv goes, a cheapo $1100 vizio lcd from costco will give you 47"
Is this guy kidding?.. a Vizio? Oh dear......
LCD TV's suck in handing fast motions. More video artifacts can be seen in motion, due to its technology and slower response time.

1080p and hdmi input.
Those are what I find useless. 1080p doesn't mean jack... It will not help you get sharper pictures running SD contents such as Ental or Shinhwa K-dramas. Also the punchness/contrast is weaker. HDMI will not give you 1:1 pixel mapping on 720p or 768p displays.

Hey.. the economy isn't doing so great. We need to save as much as we can.. right? :mrgreen:
You will get what you pay for. You wanna go real cheap, you will not be able to match PQ one can obtain. If you are so concerned about spending then you shouldn't be buying a HDTV. Keep the little CRT monitor.

Some good teaching for ya.;)

Last edited by xk on Sep 18th, '08, 16:57, edited 2 times in total.

xk

Post by xk » Sep 18th, '08, 14:25

kobe23 wrote:LOL @ annchong
xk wrote: Regular Ental and 800x450 SHinhwa versions can have SUPERB sharpness and crispiness if you run through DVI-D cable from HTPC (w/ high-end graphics cards) to the TV. Of course.... if the TV has the DVI input. My industrial/commercial plasma TV has it, been using it for years. In some case, I can have 800x450 Shinhwa picture richer and crisper(sharper) than the 720p HD. Gotta love the DVI connection. I will show you the pictures to see how good I'm talking about....
I have never run any files through to my TV so I can't compare the difference in quality, but I was specifically referring to how it looks on a computer monitor. With such a close viewing distance the 720p versions wins hands down. The x264 files from SHiNHWA and MickEyBABy have great picture quality too, but I have yet to find any Ental or other 700mb XviD's that come close to the quality of 720p.
Yea, 720p wins generally. The Shinhwa version "Bad Love" is amazing, even the ental version is pretty darn impressive.
Nice caps from your plasma btw :thumleft:
Thanks.:)

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Sep 18th, '08, 14:49

Ootori Kyouya wrote:This is bad news...it was actually one of my primary sources of getting k-drama. It's actually a bigger blow for my parents than myself. Does anyone have suggestions to alternative web sites that may provide similar service? If so, feel free to post.
Idols Unlimited (ok that may be non existent right now)

here are some communities where I leech a lot of stuff:
http://community.livejournal.com/asian_doramas/
and http://community.livejournal.com/jdramas/

all MU links.

Both have asian dramas... it's not just jdramas. asian_doramas have more raws
But you have to join the community to see anything

roller

Post by roller » Sep 18th, '08, 18:53

Without going into a flame war this will be my last post on this topic. It is neither supportive nor relevant to this thread. If you would like to discuss this with me in details, please send me a PM! I'd be happy to hear what you have to say.
I never said you have to have a "high-end PC" to run these video clips. But it is a plus to have a nicer PC and better video card. Consumer TV's don't generally give you DVI connections and picture settings are more limited, such as tweaking.
A $800 westinghouse will give you DVI.
You don't wanna go too cheap on the video card as it does not provide all the features for video graphics and HDCP support. If you are talking just running regular Ental 640 x 352 video clips or other compressed video clips then you don't have to have a fast video card and that has a HDCP support. Also, you don't know for sure if a "$50 video card" will support 1366 x 768 native resolution to meet 1:1 pixel mapping to display on TV. You don't know. Some DVI equipped video cards do not support this.
A GF8400 is a $50 video card and it supports dual-link dvi up to 2560x1600. HDCP is only needed if you will be playing HDDVD/BD on your pc. Much cheaper to just get a PS3. But the 8400 has HDCP just in case you need it.
It may not give you the right display resolution that the person wants. You may not get native resolution for the TV, such as TVs with 768p native resolutions. Also, a DVI-to-HDMI converter can only hurt IQ because you are going through a conversion. You will likely lose 1:1 mapping. Results = Softer and blurrier pictures.;)
A DVI to HDMI converter does not convert the signal. It only remaps the connections as they are electrically the same.
Is this guy kidding?.. a Vizio? Oh dear......
LCD TV's suck in handing fast motions. More video artifacts can be seen in motion, due to its technology and slower response time.
I'm not kidding. Vizios are actually not that bad. 90% of the time I cannot tell a difference between the vizio in my den and the kuro pro-111fd in my living room. In fact my dad actually likes the vizio because it's brighter. But we all know blacks are what really matter. The real importance of the "theater experience" IMO is really the sound.
Those are what I find useless. 1080p doesn't mean jack... It will not help you get sharper pictures running SD contents such as Ental or Shinhwa K-dramas. Also the punchness/contrast is weaker. HDMI will not give you 1:1 pixel mapping on 720p or 768p displays.
??Neither will 720p. Or evenSD. In fact ental/shinhwa rips will only look good in my car.. on the 7" display. But it will mean jack once you play a blu-ray disk.
You will get what you pay for. You wanna go real cheap, you will not be able to match PQ one can obtain. If you are so concerned about spending then you shouldn't be buying a HDTV. Keep the little CRT monitor.

Some good teaching for ya.;)
Thanks for your opinions, but I'm sorry I find it rude that you're basically telling people who can only afford a $1000 hdtv to basically shoo off.
And if you're really so well off please donate to the staff at omo-omo.com, this is what the thread is really about.
Last edited by roller on Sep 18th, '08, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Sep 18th, '08, 19:14

I have my pc connected to my LCD TV using a HDMI adapter and its mapping 1:1 pixel as I set my LCD TV to run as a paralel to my PC monitor. The graphic card I have isnt that expensive. It probably cost something like €100 or so these days. I have never had soft or blured picture on it. The quality of the picture depends on the quality of the video.
I have never tried Shinhwa before so I cant comment on that but recently I decided to try the 720p version since I could get the subs for it on Aigoo. The difference is phenomenal. The pictures are more vivid and the colours are just fantastic. Having said that, I'm not saying the Ental version sucks, its qood without a doubt but the 720p version just have that bit more extra depth to it.

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Sep 18th, '08, 19:17

kobe23 wrote:Speaking of all these large 1.5GB files: Do most of you guys in the US / Europe / Asia have unlimited downloads? Because here in Australia with our extremely limited download quotas, I struggle to keep on downloading 720p files and usually alternate between dramas with 700MB files just to prevent my connection from being shaped (yes, we get throttled down to dialup speeds if we exceed the limit!).
Fortunately I do not have any cap on my download. I wouldnt be able to live if I did, I download on average 300GB or so a month :D

roller

Post by roller » Sep 18th, '08, 19:24

I'm with neokenzo.. I wouldn't be able to live without unlimited downloads. But really neokenzo, we all actually have a limit cap. But it's so unrealistic that you probably will never go past it. Try downloading like 2000GB. I bet your ISP will start calling you.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Sep 18th, '08, 19:25

I still don't like the movements of HD Dramas sometimes and even if I got the best TV I will still stick to my beloved monitor :roll ...new technology is the devil :mrgreen: ..jk

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Sep 18th, '08, 19:43

Thats true roller, the whole "fair usage policy". Dont think I would be able to download 2000GB a month though :P

I used to watch it on my monitor but I prefer watching it on a bigger screen :)

xk

Post by xk » Sep 18th, '08, 21:39

roller wrote:Without going into a flame war this will be my last post on this topic. It is neither supportive nor relevant to this thread. If you would like to discuss this with me in details, please send me a PM! I'd be happy to hear what you have to say.
It IS fully supportive to this thread. Someone here mentioned that the 720p HD video is giving the user soft or blurry images and I said that can be taken care of by using the right hardware and software which I mentioned before you responded. So what you are saying is just excuse here. Remember, you started the sh#t, now you are getting it.;)

A $800 westinghouse will give you DVI.
It's probably a LCD, right? Having sharp images is very important to me, but having crappy motion handling means no deal to me. Westinghouse is another cheapo crappy brand.

A GF8400 is a $50 video card and it supports dual-link dvi up to 2560x1600. HDCP is only needed if you will be playing HDDVD/BD on your pc. Much cheaper to just get a PS3. But the 8400 has HDCP just in case you need it.
Mr. Smart Guy, it doesn't matter jack if the video card supports 2560x1600 or any other high resolutions if it can't accept 1366x768 for the 768p displays. Tell me if that video card supports that resolution to those TVs. Then I would be greatful to hear it. Do let me know, not from your guesses....

I know the HDCP comes in use for HD and Blu-ray contents but what if the user wants to watch those? like me? or others?

A DVI to HDMI converter does not convert the signal. It only remaps the connections as they are electrically the same.
It still takes the conversion. Remaping makes the change in the signal and you may not get the same resolution (1366 x 768) because it's going through the HDMI input on your TV. Of course both are digital, but doesn't mean it's totally the same. DVI delivers computer resolutions whereas the HDMI doesn't, 480/720/1080 instead. The chances are you will not be able to get 768p and will fu@k up the display resolution, hence no 1:1 mapping.

??Neither will 720p. Or evenSD. In fact ental/shinhwa rips will only look good in my car.. on the 7" display. But it will mean jack once you play a blu-ray disk.
You say 720P panel can't? This guy is a newb.... Most definitely. I don't think you really know about plasma displays in respect to the native resolutions and perceived contrast in the real world applications. Two things: 1). 720P generally delivers stronger contrast viewing SD contents than that of the 1080P display with both of them being the same size 50" for example. It has been that way for many years. 480P native res Panny plasma will give you better perceived contrast than the 720P(or 768P). And the 720P(768P) gives better contrast than the 1080P displays. Many 1080P display owners complain about the images looking more "flat". That is because they don't provide as strong contrast and depth. Less punchy = flatter looking pictures. That's what most 1080P displays do. The technlogy has not yet been fully mastered yet.

2). Lower native resolution TVs (even the TV size that are 42" or larger, 50") will handle better rendering SD contents. The closer between the TV's native resolution and the resolution of the video content the crisper and sharper pictures you will get. That is the general principle. Native 480P 42" display will do better job displaying SD contents than those TV's with 720P or 1080P. 480P being the best, and 1080P being the worst. Of course, the video processor built in the TV plays some roll, but it can only do so much.

1080P display doesn't mean it's automatically good, Understand? You are definitely a newb I can tell by reading your response.

Thanks for your opinions, but I'm sorry I find it rude that you're basically telling people who can only afford a $1000 hdtv to basically shoo off.
You jump to conclusion too easily. You don't even read my posts carefully. I never said you have to spend a lot of money on a plasma TV. I was saying get the right brand/kind of the display and run via DVI-D from PC to get the best results. Software playback also come into play as well. A commerical Panasonic 50" TH-50PH9UK or 10UK can be had for very low price, in the range of $1000~ 1500 roughly speaking. I wasn't saying you gotta spend $5000 for a TV, dumbie.

Also, getting a fast HTPC is important for users that do a lot of multitasking, such as transferring large files while watching a H.264 MPEG4 video. It gives you a good headroom so you can do more.

And if you're really so well off please donate to the staff at omo-omo.com, this is what the thread is really about.
I am a premium member there. I signed up for it. If I get some more cash I would donate, definitely.
8)

xk

Post by xk » Sep 18th, '08, 22:03

WroW wrote:I still don't like the movements of HD Dramas sometimes and even if I got the best TV I will still stick to my beloved monitor :roll ...new technology is the devil :mrgreen: ..jk
It seems not all, but a lot of the HD compressed dramas from MBC are poor. More video aritifacts are seen and the skin tones are kind of crap. I love the drama Beethoven Virus but the PQ is somewhat disappointing also.

KBS1-HD/ KBS2-HD has been delivering some awesome picture quality.... and SBS HD (War of Money anyone?) does pretty dang good too. I literally pissed my pants viewing Bad Love 720p compressed HD from KBS. It is as good as a reference quality Blu-ray titles. Imagine if Aigoo starts putting up 3GB 1hr show 720P files.... That would be awesome.

8)

Oh and btw, thank you for giving me info about Aigoo. Big thanks to you. :cheers:

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Sep 18th, '08, 22:34

xk wrote:
WroW wrote:I still don't like the movements of HD Dramas sometimes and even if I got the best TV I will still stick to my beloved monitor :roll ...new technology is the devil :mrgreen: ..jk
It seems not all, but a lot of the HD compressed dramas from MBC are poor. More video aritifacts are seen and the skin tones are kind of crap. I love the drama Beethoven Virus but the PQ is somewhat disappointing also.

KBS1-HD/ KBS2-HD has been delivering some awesome picture quality.... and SBS HD (War of Money anyone?) does pretty dang good too. I literally pissed my pants viewing Bad Love 720p compressed HD from KBS. It is as good as a reference quality Blu-ray titles. Imagine if Aigoo starts putting up 3GB 1hr show 720P files.... That would be awesome.

8)

Oh and btw, thank you for giving me info about Aigoo. Big thanks to you. :cheers:

Yes imagine but also imagine the bandwidth :roll ...at home I have a slow connection and not enough space for that. And more providers will start to cap their downloads....I heard comcast allows around 2-300GB a month now,

belleza

Post by belleza » Sep 18th, '08, 23:48

I noticed that with East of Eden. Very grainy image with splotchy, low quality details for the backgrounds. But I wasn't sure whether it was an issue of the encoding the image (i.e. didn't use the "high quality" setting.) I also noticed that the show needed a higher quality x264 filter in order to soften some of the artifacting.

Each of the stations have a slightly different look when they went HD. KBS HD broadcasts are very bright nowadays. I don't always like it (interior scenes can hurt the high a little), but it makes winter-settings and rainy day scenes very pretty (see Bad Love.) And, yes, almost all of the HD 720p videos seem to be top quality encoding jobs from what I've gotten so far. There's marked contrast between what you see on a monitor and what you see on a regular TV (especially with J-dramas, where the backlighting can give night scenes a very cold, UV-ish look), but KBS HD is the most consistent.

SBS broadcasts are probably the least bright and the contrast is actually kinda low, but weirdly they also have saturated, deep colors. Almost like looking at technicolor. I generally don't like the look of SBS sageuks nowadays, because the coloring makes the outdoor scenes look a bit tacky and artificial, but now the buildings and outdoor foilage in regular trendy dramas look so vibrant and pretty. it's also most forgiving if you watch on a computer monitor.

MBS is kinda neither here nor there. Same look as before the change, but now in proper widescreen format. MBC programs still look better on a computer than a regular TV.

The Legend is an exception. That's one of the best looking television programmes I've ever seen, and it was recorded in 5.1, which makes a difference even with just two speakers. The Legend feels a real movie if you take advantage of the setup.
Imagine if Aigoo starts putting up 3GB 1hr show 720P files.... That would be awesome.
They could, but I think at that point, you may as well go all the way and put up 5/hr 1080P (or 1080i deinterlaced) files then. It would take a week to DL, but at least you could have something that you'd keep for posterity, or until dramas show up on blue ray.

roller

Post by roller » Sep 18th, '08, 23:49

I have been very courteous to you xk, I don't appreciate you calling me names. We are not grade schoolers are we?
Anyways, I have moved our discussion to a PM.
You know it's weird... I started watching anime and kdramas on the computer and I still feel more comfortable watching them on my computer. But for some reason I prefer American TV on the big screen. =/

lmaonade

Post by lmaonade » Sep 19th, '08, 00:16

i would toaly enjoy watching stuff on my comp if i get a monitor that can handle 1080p and a rly comfy chair
i rly don't liek the chair i ahve now
everything else about my setup is perfect

roller

Post by roller » Sep 19th, '08, 02:29

lmaonade wrote:i would toaly enjoy watching stuff on my comp if i get a monitor that can handle 1080p and a rly comfy chair
me neither.. I can never find a good comfy chair.. :-(

btw lmaonade thats a funny name :mrgreen:

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Sep 19th, '08, 02:38

roller wrote:
lmaonade wrote:i would toaly enjoy watching stuff on my comp if i get a monitor that can handle 1080p and a rly comfy chair
me neither.. I can never find a good comfy chair.. :-(

btw lmaonade thats a funny name :mrgreen:
I second that...at least I have one I can lie down on...but my back is ruined anyway :roll

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Sep 19th, '08, 17:15

Who needs a comfy chair when you're only inches away from pretty Korean actresses in HD? :P

BTW, you people on unlimited downloads are making me want to move to another country! Do you guys know what I'm on? 20GB peak, 40GB off-peak. So much for Australia being the "lucky country" and Melbourne being the most livable city in the world. I am however changing to an ISP with a 200GB monthly quota soon, which is pretty much the highest you can possibly get in this primitive country.

Anyway, for those who are interested in Korean HD stuff and K-Pop might want to check out this site --> http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-r.ykGEkzb6s39hrOL1np

They frequently upload K-Pop MV's and Perf's ranging from 640x480 to 1920x1080 in MU links.

Anyone else who knows more places to download Korean HD content, don't hesitate to post them here please :)

xk

Post by xk » Sep 26th, '08, 03:22

MyAigoo site (omo-omo.com) is full of sh#t.... The moderators, or the Aigoo ladies have worst attitude I have seen before. I have a feeling that they will get bad reputation and people will start to dislike the site. I hope MyAigoo site shuts down permanently. Would anyone like to join me to help shut down the site? This would be a cool project. :cheers:

xk

Post by xk » Sep 26th, '08, 03:25

MyAigoo site = Not Recommended

I'm starting to think most Aigoo ladies are Korean..... If that is the case, that is really messed up........ That would be really embarrassing.

Oh sh#t...... You would have to be freakin crazy to donate that site. I might just go and report this site to KBS, SBS, and MBC directly.

melica37

Post by melica37 » Sep 26th, '08, 03:39

xk wrote: Would anyone like to join me to help shut down the site? This would be a cool project. :cheers:
I can't imagine a person would waste life's precious time on that. :scratch:

I have never found them anything but helpful and nice and I really appreciate the work they do.

xk

Post by xk » Sep 26th, '08, 03:49

melica37 wrote:
xk wrote: Would anyone like to join me to help shut down the site? This would be a cool project. :cheers:
I have never found them anything but helpful and nice and I really appreciate the work they do.
Helpful??... Nice???? are you crazy?

Maybe you haven't spent much time there in the message board. They've got a lot of hot temper, worst attitude I have seen in this globe. I can't believe I spent my money on the membership at MU.

melica37

Post by melica37 » Sep 26th, '08, 04:00

xk wrote: are you crazy?
Maybe your difficulty might be the little provoked name calling. :unsure:

toubib46

Post by toubib46 » Sep 26th, '08, 04:52

Lots of people download the dramas and take it for granted. They probably never donate and fuss at everything. And maybe use name calling or foul language in posts. These people should just find another way to entertain themselves rather than watching things they have to download. To avoid frustrations, they should just go to Cinflix, Blockbuster and get whatever DVD that won't cause them any frustration, and leave Aigoo or other sites alone. And the menbership fee they spent at MegaUpload has nothing to do with My Aigoo, I think. Maybe xk should follow my advice so he could live happier.

xk

Post by xk » Sep 26th, '08, 14:11

toubib46 wrote:Lots of people download the dramas and take it for granted. They probably never donate and fuss at everything. And maybe use name calling or foul language in posts. These people should just find another way to entertain themselves rather than watching things they have to download. To avoid frustrations, they should just go to Cinflix, Blockbuster and get whatever DVD that won't cause them any frustration, and leave Aigoo or other sites alone. And the menbership fee they spent at MegaUpload has nothing to do with My Aigoo, I think. Maybe xk should follow my advice so he could live happier.
Nope... they get rude to many nice people there. They are so arrogant and act smart ass... I don't do name calling there either. I am not the only person who is experiencing this, many others as well. I seriously hope the site gets shut down. What they are doing is illegal anyway.;)

xk

Post by xk » Sep 26th, '08, 14:13

melica37 wrote:
xk wrote: are you crazy?
Maybe your difficulty might be the little provoked name calling. :unsure:
The problem with women is they get so emotional. Broaden your thoughts. Recommendation. ;)

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Sep 26th, '08, 15:30

Wowo....hold on a minute xk, what exactly is the problem? Are you referring to their replies regarding your comments about the 2.19GB Jinuki version for Tazza?
cheez September 25th, 2008 at 6:31 am

I know the very first one EP1 is the 1.5GB 720p version and that is not the one I was complaining about. It’s got good PQ. It is the 2.19GB version that has poor PQ. It also has too much tint. Whoever encoded this did a bad job…. Please continue uploading the 1.5GB 720p version. That’s got better picture than the 2.19 one hehe

jtranla September 25th, 2008 at 6:39 am

Cheez - I don’t do the encoding nor do I have control over it. You need to go and find the 720p (1.5g) yourself, and share it with us.

cheez September 25th, 2008 at 6:51 am

I don’t know if I can find the 1.5GB version anywhere else. I will take what you offer then, 2.19GB version. Please disregard my complaint and continue uploading the 2.19 version. Sorry about the mess. I’m such a cry baby:( Thanks.

jtranla September 25th, 2008 at 7:16 am

Cheez - I am not going to waste my time dl/ul nor my hard disk space maintaining bad encoded files by your assessment.
Is that what you're talking about? Surely you're not just posting all these negative things about them just because of that?

I haven't seen the 2.19GB version myself, but according to the comments, everyone seems to think it's fine.

I don't know, but earlier in this thread you were disrespectful to 'Roller' calling him "newb" after he was nice to you, so maybe it is you who needs to re-evaluate your attitude because you're the one who seems arrogant and acting like a smart ass.

The Aigoo ladies have done a fantastic job providing us with DDL's to k-dramas and especially in 720p, and here you are complaining about poor encoding in which they have no control over. Seriously, have a good think about your comments here and perhaps delete them or else they might shut down the site for good and ruin it for everyone who appreciates their efforts.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention
I'm starting to think most Aigoo ladies are Korean..... If that is the case, that is really messed up........ That would be really embarrassing
WTF is that supposed to mean? How is that messed up and embarrassing if they are Korean?

xk

Post by xk » Sep 26th, '08, 15:56

kobe23 wrote:Wowo....hold on a minute xk, what exactly is the problem? Are you referring to their replies regarding your comments about the 2.19GB Jinuki version for Tazza?
cheez September 25th, 2008 at 6:31 am

I know the very first one EP1 is the 1.5GB 720p version and that is not the one I was complaining about. It’s got good PQ. It is the 2.19GB version that has poor PQ. It also has too much tint. Whoever encoded this did a bad job…. Please continue uploading the 1.5GB 720p version. That’s got better picture than the 2.19 one hehe

jtranla September 25th, 2008 at 6:39 am

Cheez - I don’t do the encoding nor do I have control over it. You need to go and find the 720p (1.5g) yourself, and share it with us.

cheez September 25th, 2008 at 6:51 am

I don’t know if I can find the 1.5GB version anywhere else. I will take what you offer then, 2.19GB version. Please disregard my complaint and continue uploading the 2.19 version. Sorry about the mess. I’m such a cry baby:( Thanks.

jtranla September 25th, 2008 at 7:16 am

Cheez - I am not going to waste my time dl/ul nor my hard disk space maintaining bad encoded files by your assessment.
Is that what you're talking about? Surely you're not just posting all these negative things about them just because of that?

I haven't seen the 2.19GB version myself, but according to the comments, everyone seems to think it's fine.

I don't know, but earlier in this thread you were disrespectful to 'Roller' calling him "newb" after he was nice to you, so maybe it is you who needs to re-evaluate your attitude because you're the one who seems arrogant and acting like a smart ass.

The Aigoo ladies have done a fantastic job providing us with DDL's to k-dramas and especially in 720p, and here you are complaining about poor encoding in which they have no control over. Seriously, have a good think about your comments here and perhaps delete them or else they might shut down the site for good and ruin it for everyone who appreciates their efforts.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention
I'm starting to think most Aigoo ladies are Korean..... If that is the case, that is really messed up........ That would be really embarrassing
WTF is that supposed to mean? How is that messed up and embarrassing if they are Korean?
The message board section under Tazza isn't the only one. There is one in the Scale of Providence where the Aigoo ladies lost controlling their anger and removed the links to the 720p version. Even MORE importantly across the entire message boards in MyAigoo I have read way too many incidents where Aigoo ladies act rude towards other users. They are very unfriendly and have an ass attitude.. It's been building up... now I see what they are.

With that kind of attitude you will only get bad reputation.

And those who viewed the juniki version (2.19GB) don't know what is good. Their level of viewing is in low class, hence they think what they are seeing is good. That is the serious problem. 8) Experienced users talk in experienced level. Stupid people talk in low level. See the drift?

And I said it's really messed up if those Aigoo ladies are Korean. It is embarrassing to show Koreans have horrible attitude. That is the shame part! It would've been better if they are some european or american..... but most American females aren't that bad. Must be the european.... hmmm

;)

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » Sep 26th, '08, 16:40

:O

sungie

Post by sungie » Sep 26th, '08, 16:45

^ Never had problems with the site or any of the staff members there. And questions I usually see are stuff similar to "are the subs/when xx is gonna be uploaded" + random about hjsplit that are already answered n times (and answers could be easily found if a person bothered googling..) :roll

You might wanna think about their position before ranting. There are many users and many questions. When the same (unnecessary) things are mentioned and asked over and over again any normal person gets more or less pissed off.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Sep 26th, '08, 16:46

*SIGH* locked until i get home to read this junk.and sort things out...and everybody needs to stop feeding trolls...

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Sep 28th, '08, 22:03

eh...unlocked...play nice...if you're just gonna criticize, then don't post. consider this your warning.

roller

Post by roller » Oct 1st, '08, 22:33

I swear xk is the biggest troll I've ever witnessed. All he wants is attention so he posts bs. I'm just going put him on my ignore list.

Long live MyAigoo!

BTW InTr4nceWeTrust, I live really close to ur city. Don't you love the post-summer heat?

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Oct 2nd, '08, 09:00

Stupid people talk in low level. See the drift?
Talking about yourself xk? Because I can see the drift between you and other members. You seem pretty low level to me, coming here and complaining about useless things. Maybe you should get a life or something?

ppl should be happy with whatever files they get. All the files at Agoo are high quality, anyways. You or others have no right to critisize ppl because they don't have time to upload some files that are already available in other format.

I think you have a problem here. Have you ever tried uploading dramas and dealing with members who do NOT read the rules? I guess you haven't. How about trying to approach ppl nicely?

Anyways, it's their site so they can handle it as they like. if you don't like then stop leeching from there and never go back to Aigoo. I know you are leeching from there so you have NO right to complain about them here.

I appreciate all the work Aigoo ladies have done. That site has been very helpful to me.

leesja

Post by leesja » Oct 2nd, '08, 15:19

is anyone else having problems (like nozomi05 from thread http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... tm#1100681) accessing Aigoo?

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Oct 4th, '08, 03:39

Aahh someone just reminded me, to not see anymore trolls roaming around D-addicts, you guys can use the IGNORE LIST at your profile and ignore the USER that you want. Saves us time from reading negative posts from you know who.

But seriously, if a "user" can't say anything nice, then please DONT SAY ANYTHING (or WRITE ANYTHING) at all. The creators of MyAigoo are helping out the community for free. They dedicate all their free time to share the love of Korean dramas yet here's someone who only knows how to bash others for not getting what he/she wants. That is truly disrespectful and please know your boundaries. If that's how you deal with people in real life, I pity you. :glare:

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Oct 4th, '08, 12:55

test

toomski

Post by toomski » Oct 8th, '08, 07:47

I donate for Myaigoo web and I will donate for it in the future because I love Aigoo ladies from the work they have done.
Aigoo ladies keep on fighting. Don't pay attention to the ungrateful human. (I don't know the gender)

puela

Post by puela » Oct 8th, '08, 15:00

wow.. I dont have much time to come and read all the posts about aigoo.. but quite surprising....
All I have to say is what many had said. We do this for free (thanks to those that donate really appreciate it). We all hold full-time jobs some of us have kids and all. Yet, we find the time to upload all those dramas some even do it late in the weep hrs of the day w/ little sleep time left. We all want to have some fun and a life aside from Aigoo, so if some ppl took their time to read before asking or perhaps paraphrase their questions better/nicely then maybe the "rude" response would not come to be. I have to admit some of us don't beat around the bushes and would just tell u straight up, but thats how real life is, so either deal w/ or ignore.
Many times we asked ourselves why we do this, and the answer is the same We want to share kdramas with others cause for many yrs we were leechers, and it doesnt matter where we are from 'cause at the end what matters is that we all share our liking for kdramas and like sharing with others.
All we ask is please read other comments chances are the question was asked already, check the help section and perhaps google a little, I personally prefer google (trust me an answer its out there).
We are all adults or so I think, so rather than bashing and pointing not talking things thru, perhaps somewhere the cables got crossed and the message got distorted, so what better solution than talking it out.
If you still feel like u r getting mistreated then email us, u guys know our email myaigoo@gmail.com

Ok gotta go look for todays dramas ... adios!!!

BTW thanks for the support guys :wub: :wub: