Manhwa you wished were made into a drama?

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
elvisrules

Manhwa you wished were made into a drama?

Post by elvisrules » Sep 22nd, '08, 22:24

I would love to see my favourite drama, Let Dai, by Won Soo Yeon, made into a drama. I doubt this will happen however because of the guy x guy stuff... :|

One, by Vin Lee would be great as a drama also.

I would also like to see a more faithful adaptation of Full House (also by Won Soo Yeo). Don't get me wrong, the drama was really good, but I think that if it were as in the manga then it would be amazing.

What do others think?

noura

Post by noura » Sep 26th, '08, 22:28

For me, I would've liked to see a drama passed on the manhwa " Love or Money" !! it was one hillariuos comic.. a school life manhwa...
The other manhwa is "Les Bijoux" ... the best ever fantasy story I've ever seen!! I don't know if it's easy to be transformed to a drama ( since it have elves & wizards) but I wish it can come to life as an anime... maybe Korea should start anime business..

elvisrules

Post by elvisrules » Sep 27th, '08, 12:36

Les Bijoux would be really cool as a drama release, though I don't think we'll ever see it happen because of the reasons you mentionned. Perhaps as a movie?
I don't know the manhwa Love or Money though...

I find it strange that the Koreans haven't ventured into manhwa animation yet... If there is a market for it, why don't companies move in to provide it?

FoolyDooly

Post by FoolyDooly » Sep 27th, '08, 18:54

Because Koreans still have mindset of "Manhwa is for kids."

konaxis

Post by konaxis » Sep 28th, '08, 18:07

I hope so!

noura

Post by noura » Oct 4th, '08, 10:39

Because Koreans still have mindset of "Manhwa is for kids."
REALLY !! I don't believe they really do.. because alot of manhwas have gay/ sex relations in ... would they really think it's for kids??? ( I don't have any idea if they have adult manhwa the same the Jap has hen mangas)
And a lot of Dramas are based on manhwa which is dedicated for teenagers ( like Goong, Full House & coming soon HYD ... I also believe Gourmet is based on a manhwa)

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Oct 4th, '08, 10:57

Ooh I've got lots:

1. Hot Blooded Woman (anything by Hwang Mi Ri)
2. Cant Lose You by Wann (anything made by Wann actually)
3. 100% Perfect Girl
4. You're So Cool
5. Hush
6. Click (haha ok probably not this since it's a real guy turning into a girl, but still one heck of a good story)
7. Vanilla Ice
8. My Girl (not the one with Lee Da Hae)
9. Operation Liberate Men ( :wub: would need lots of guys who can look more beautiful than females and it's got a very strange yet surprising storylines)
10. Replay

theres more but the list would go on forever, so just visit my site if you want to read the manhwa for them.

renarune

Post by renarune » Oct 21st, '08, 15:09

I'd like to see:

I wish...
Unplugged Boy
Audition

Drama rights for Bride of the Water God and Tamnaneundoda (however you translate that into English...) were bought a few months ago.

Bride of the Water God is fantasy so I have no idea how that's going to work (and only 7 volumes out so far)
And Tamnaneundoda has an English male character (like Full House) so that's not going to work either (and that one only has 4 volumes out so far)