What is writer Park Yeon Seon working on now?

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
Wispy

What is writer Park Yeon Seon working on now?

Post by Wispy » Oct 17th, '08, 15:46

I was bowled over by Park Yeon Seon's EVASIVE INQUIRY AGENCY and ALONE IN LOVE, and now I'm finding MS. KIM'S MILLION DOLLAR QUEST just as amazing. There doesn't seem to be any word on her over the past year...does anyone know what she's up to now?

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: What is writer Park Yeon Seon working on now?

Post by WroW » Oct 17th, '08, 16:08

Wispy wrote:I was bowled over by Park Yeon Seon's EVASIVE INQUIRY AGENCY and ALONE IN LOVE, and now I'm finding MS. KIM'S MILLION DOLLAR QUEST just as amazing. There doesn't seem to be any word on her over the past year...does anyone know what she's up to now?
After EIA she wrote the movie Frivolous Wife ( http://www.hancinema.net/korean_movie_F ... s_Wife.php ) but I find her movies not nearly as good as her dramas :roll

Wispy

Re: What is writer Park Yeon Seon working on now?

Post by Wispy » Oct 17th, '08, 17:51

WroW wrote: After EIA she wrote the movie Frivolous Wife ( http://www.hancinema.net/korean_movie_F ... s_Wife.php ) but I find her movies not nearly as good as her dramas :roll
I picked up on the release of FRIVOLOUS WIFE, but actually it was filmed in 2006 and sat on the shelf for two years, so who knows about the quality? I really liked TOO BEAUTIFUL TO LIE, and somewhat liked MY TUTOR FRIEND, but yeah, I haven't dared take a look at ATTACK ON THE PIN-UP BOYS yet. :whistling:

MisterX

Post by MisterX » Oct 17th, '08, 18:16

Kind of misleading to write she wrote Frivolous Wife. She only wrote the original story, thankfully. Film is excruciatingly bad. It's like a Jewelry MV with a few 70s melodrama cliches thrown in.

I've heard she's working on some film project, but she rarely gets the chance to do what she wants in Chungmuro. Committee scripts rarely allow for quality. And some writers just fit more with TV. Jung Ha-Yeon's film scripts in the 70s prove it. ㅋㅋ

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 17th, '08, 18:37

MisterX wrote:Kind of misleading to write she wrote Frivolous Wife. She only wrote the original story, thankfully. Film is excruciatingly bad. It's like a Jewelry MV with a few 70s melodrama cliches thrown in.

I've heard she's working on some film project, but she rarely gets the chance to do what she wants in Chungmuro. Committee scripts rarely allow for quality. And some writers just fit more with TV. Jung Ha-Yeon's film scripts in the 70s prove it. ㅋㅋ
Since we are on subject, any idea what Kim Ji Woo is doing :roll ?

KuroSawa

Post by KuroSawa » Oct 17th, '08, 18:42

I picked up on the release of FRIVOLOUS WIFE, but actually it was filmed in 2006 and sat on the shelf for two years, so who knows about the quality? I really liked TOO BEAUTIFUL TO LIE, and somewhat liked MY TUTOR FRIEND, but yeah, I haven't dared take a look at ATTACK ON THE PIN-UP BOYS yet.
I watched ATTACK ON THE PIN-UP BOYS lately, and it wasn't that bad considering the fact that it's an idol movie and I am not SuJu fan... :-) I really love EIA and I was quite suprised that the same person wrote the screenplay for that movie... :P

MisterX

Post by MisterX » Oct 17th, '08, 22:28

WroW wrote:
MisterX wrote:Kind of misleading to write she wrote Frivolous Wife. She only wrote the original story, thankfully. Film is excruciatingly bad. It's like a Jewelry MV with a few 70s melodrama cliches thrown in.

Since we are on subject, any idea what Kim Ji Woo is doing :roll ?
Preparing another show with Park Chan Hong for early next year. Probably will round up their own revenge trilogy. But reports of a "Devil 2" are just the usual cow feculence by so called journalists.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 30th, '08, 18:44

This is the news we have been waiting for even though I prefer dramas: http://www.dramabeans.com/2008/10/sohn- ... ite-night/

belleza

Post by belleza » Oct 30th, '08, 23:35

Byakuyakou was a brutal, brutal drama/movie. If you can imagine Sekachu meets Maou/Mawang . . .

The adaptation can swing both ways. It can be a really, really over-the-top melodrama (which kinda fits SYJ's movie career), or it can be one ugly, ugly "what would YOU do for your man?" kind of story. It not only ends tragically, but it should make you feel a little dirty.

This is BTW Son Yeh Jin's second movie based on a J-drama (first was "Moment to Remember", a remake of Pure Soul.) It won't happen, but I'd love to see a reunion between SYJ and Jung Woo-sung.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Oct 31st, '08, 14:07

So this is the reason why SYJ pulled out of IRIS? Fair enough :) Into The White Night sounds very interesting.