Bittorent Client Recommendations

Discuss technical and geeky things here.

What Bittorrent client do you use?

ABC
9%
Azureus
23%
BitTornado / TheSHAD0W's experimental BT client
10%
BitComet
30%
Nova Torrent
0%
official BT client (by Bram Cohen)
6%
TorrentStorm
1%
Shareaza
2%
eXeem
0%
µTorrent
19%

Total votes: 834

7-go

Post by 7-go » Nov 20th, '06, 09:30

anybody here use Tuotu?

http://www.tuotu.com/

rumours says it can bypass Deep Packet Inspection (throttling)

my curiosity whispers to do double posting..;)

ruisu

Post by ruisu » Nov 20th, '06, 17:58

I started off with Azureus, it's great and all but uTorrent does the same thing without taking up 500MB of RAM and a bunch of my CPU.

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Nov 20th, '06, 18:36

Shizuru wrote:This thread could be more helpful
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_15112.htm

thank you...
moderator.. pls move this thread to the link one above.. thank you!

according to the poll a lot of people use bitcomet... ill be reading the 20+ pages soon..
thank you for those that replied... keep'em coming!!!

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Nov 20th, '06, 18:38

this is so i could bump this thread. kinda like a bookmark.. so please disregard this msg as i have posted a new topic thats the same as this one. dammit i shouldve used the search button.. but i figured that it wouldve been a sticky.. guess not. sorry about this.

ArieZ

Post by ArieZ » Nov 20th, '06, 18:55

i use bit comet... got a question to other bt user.. the file i wanna dl got 300 seed and 3000 peer, but the one conected to me only 10seeds and 50peers.. this make me wanna try utorrent... anybody know why? so far bt not bad, almost reach my max dl speed eventhough i upload up to half my upload max speed.. except this game i wanna download.. 50 over 3000 :w00t:

android_04

Post by android_04 » Nov 20th, '06, 19:06

@Alucard

Are you using uTorrent version 1.6? It has the option to disable ballon notifications.
I have tried practically all the major known bittorrent clients and some more obscure ones, and nothing matches up to uTorrent in my opinion.

Shion243

Post by Shion243 » Dec 4th, '06, 16:32

I use both BitTornado and µTorrent 8)

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Dec 4th, '06, 16:59

ArieZ wrote:i use bit comet... got a question to other bt user.. the file i wanna dl got 300 seed and 3000 peer, but the one conected to me only 10seeds and 50peers.. this make me wanna try utorrent... anybody know why? so far bt not bad, almost reach my max dl speed eventhough i upload up to half my upload max speed.. except this game i wanna download.. 50 over 3000 :w00t:
2 things:
First, check your settings. Utorrent also defaults to 50 max connections per torrent, but you can always change that. Too many global connections often mucks things up though.

Second, I'd give Utorrent a shot for a week and leave BC alone. Always had faster downloads and less resources used with UT. Besides, how many people do you need to connect to to get a file? 10 and 50's not bad at all. I'd settle for a single seed for Medaka 7-9! :P

FrogPrince_MD

Post by FrogPrince_MD » Dec 6th, '06, 04:49

I use Bit Comet well coz it's the most popular of all...And it works really fine..

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Dec 11th, '06, 08:41

have been using utorrent for about a month now! awesome! id recc this to anyone...

zerox

Post by zerox » Dec 20th, '06, 02:51

FrogPrince_MD wrote:I use Bit Comet well coz it's the most popular of all...And it works really fine..
yeah surely it is...but make sure you all used the stable one that is BitComet 0.70...other has some bug....*tested* :cussing:

DeathBoy

Post by DeathBoy » Dec 20th, '06, 03:06

i used to use ABC.. but then my friend suggest me to use BitLord and i started using BitLord ever since!

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Mar 15th, '07, 17:25

I use utorrent...it works fine for me. it's pretty fast. :mrgreen:

But i have one question:
does anyone know how to change the ratio of the torrent??? In one torrent i'm downloading the ratio is to small 0.105 I want to make it higher.

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 23rd, '07, 18:47

BitComet atw!

malljclay

You said he wasnt gay, so he hit you with his purse....

Post by malljclay » Mar 29th, '07, 01:53

*cough

Just getting your attention : )

QUESTION:

Which torrent is the best?

[bittorrent, utorrent, bitlord, bitcomet, etc...?]

shama129

Post by shama129 » Mar 29th, '07, 01:56

well let me say u sure did get my attention.lol i'm still laughing

i prefer bittorrent

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Mar 29th, '07, 02:03

shama129 wrote:well let me say u sure did get my attention.lol i'm still laughing

i prefer bittorrent

Ahahaha....yeahhh.

Hmmm. I see.
Thx.

angelya

Post by angelya » Mar 29th, '07, 02:22

LOL... the thread title is so funny xD

hmm.. I'm using uTorrent ^^.. I was using bitcomet before, but some site blocked it, so I recommend uTorrent~

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Mar 29th, '07, 02:28

I use bitspirit

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Mar 29th, '07, 02:30

angelya wrote:LOL... the thread title is so funny xD

hmm.. I'm using uTorrent ^^.. I was using bitcomet before, but some site blocked it, so I recommend uTorrent~

I see.
Thx.

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Mar 29th, '07, 02:31

Tatsuri wrote:I use bitspirit

Whoa.
Never heard of that one before : )

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Mar 29th, '07, 02:34

malljclay wrote:
Tatsuri wrote:I use bitspirit

Whoa.
Never heard of that one before : )
it works really fast for me.

xiah1fan

Post by xiah1fan » Apr 1st, '07, 16:33

I First had Bit´Tornado.....But now i have µTorrent ....And it Rocks

japanesegrl

Post by japanesegrl » Apr 1st, '07, 16:42

mine, i use azureus..

deshou

Post by deshou » May 2nd, '07, 05:04

Hum, having used BitTonado and Azureus, right now, I find µTorrent the best one.

xBrowNiez

Post by xBrowNiez » May 2nd, '07, 05:54

I use Azerus X] i think this is a overall good prgram X]

releanoyed

Post by releanoyed » May 2nd, '07, 06:25

Azureus is definately the client to use if you are using a Mac. Older Macs will groan a bit due to the amount of resources it uses since it is Java based, but on any newer Mac it is far and away the best solution given it's extensive feature set, and regular updates. (Just make sure your up to date on all Java downloads) The only real viable alternate option for Mac users, in my experience, is Tomato Torrent. At first I was happy with Tomato, it was simple but effective. However I soon stopped using it all together due to the fact that for some reason Tomato was often rejected by certain trackers making it impossible to download some torrents. Another Mac client called Transmission is supposed to have the same problem. There is an older Mac torrent client called Bits on Wheels floating around as well. I tried it quite a while ago and it just did not seem to work very well. Torrents would fail to connect that worked fine in another client, or would show much slower speeds. If you have a Mac check out Azureus.

suuuueee

Post by suuuueee » Nov 30th, '07, 22:41

wow, i'm really surprised at these poll results!

i think everywhere else the contest is usually between uTorrent and Azureus.
never ever bitcomet. a lot of trackers I know of have actually banned the use of this client!

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Nov 30th, '07, 22:49

suuuueee wrote:wow, i'm really surprised at these poll results!

never ever bitcomet. a lot of trackers I know of have actually banned the use of this client!
It means we have a lot of leechers here XD

I think I voted for BitComet around 2 years ago too... I use uTorrent now though.

groink

Post by groink » Nov 30th, '07, 22:50

suuuueee wrote:wow, i'm really surprised at these poll results!

Well, two things.... One, the controversy over BitComet has long disappeared. But old-timers still have a grudge over BC. Second, with the mass use of DHT, it doesn't matter what the tracker or clients ban. So with that, BitComet is a lot more Windows-friendly than any other BT client. Most BT'ers are not tech-savvy, so something that is very simple to use will eventually become popular. Drama fans are different from movie fans or anime fans in that drama fans are simple people, while movie and anime fans are more tech savvy and cutting edge. That probably explains why the D-Addicts community is different from all other BT communities you've seen.

--- groink

suuuueee

Post by suuuueee » Nov 30th, '07, 23:17

@8thSin
me too, uTorrent FTW!

@groink
what do you mean drama fans are simpler and less tech-savvy than movie and anime fans..?
i'm a fan of all 3.. wonder where that puts me...

and in terms of simplicity, i think uTorrent is as far as you can go, haha.

groink

Post by groink » Nov 30th, '07, 23:26

suuuueee wrote:@groink
what do you mean drama fans are simpler and less tech-savvy than movie and anime fans..?
i'm a fan of all 3.. wonder where that puts me...
Most of the Asian drama community are made up of parents, grandparents, and starving college students on a limited budget. Anime and movie fans, on the other hand, are more cutting-edge in that they're more animate about multimedia and entertainment, and will make the investment in technology and spent a hell of a lot more time surfing the 'net and participating in on-line communities. There are some anime->live drama people, but not that many.

If you feel you're tech savvy, then the power to you. But for every one of you, there are many others who aren't.

--- groink

blu3sky

MAC

Post by blu3sky » Nov 30th, '07, 23:42

could someone tell me which one is best for mac osx?

harliey_nick

Post by harliey_nick » Dec 11th, '07, 14:10

groink wrote:Most of the Asian drama community are made up of parents, grandparents, and starving college students on a limited budget. Anime and movie fans, on the other hand, are more cutting-edge in that they're more animate about multimedia and entertainment, and will make the investment in technology and spent a hell of a lot more time surfing the 'net and participating in on-line communities. There are some anime->live drama people, but not that many.

If you feel you're tech savvy, then the power to you. But for every one of you, there are many others who aren't.

--- groink

hehehe...i think i'm in the starving college student category!hehehe....i'm wondering, i used to use BC before but i hv to remove it 2 years ago when i moved in uni's acc (banned p2p)...i lost track of dramas n animes n also the IT world....can u recommend the best client for me to use?i want to use BC but i heard about all these things of banning n so on so i'm wondering should i choose other clients like az or utorrnt...

:wub:

suuuueee

Post by suuuueee » Dec 11th, '07, 21:15

i say utorrent! but i've never used az so i can't compare.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Dec 11th, '07, 21:20

Starving college student. I have less than $1 to last me two more days before I can go home... guess it's going to be cereals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. >.<

But yeah, uTorrent is the best.

Azureus has cool features IF you know how to use them (they confuse even me, and I'm pretty tech savvy... but the new Vuve was just like, "huh?") and if you have enough computer power. It slowed down my computer WAAYY much.

uTorrent, however, has a small footprint, great dht support, simple and clean to use. :D ONLY downside is i does not support mac or linux. But if you have windows, definitely get uTorrent. If you have linux, wine uTorrent (that's what I do). If you have a mac... then *shrug*

BadGuy

Post by BadGuy » Nov 22nd, '08, 10:45

rTorrent still is the best posix client out there (should be in the list! :) )

tolgacan

Post by tolgacan » Nov 22nd, '08, 11:49

uTorrent is the best!

BadGuy

Post by BadGuy » Nov 23rd, '08, 22:00

ethidda wrote: uTorrent, however, has a small footprint, great dht support, simple and clean to use. :D ONLY downside is i does not support mac or linux. But if you have windows, definitely get uTorrent. If you have linux, wine uTorrent (that's what I do). If you have a mac... then *shrug*
You can either run XP or Vista on your MAC or you could possibly run parrallels to run windows apps (not sure if uTorrent runs in that, but prolly it does)

:)

Hirosakamoto

Post by Hirosakamoto » Nov 27th, '08, 16:23

I use Utorrent and I like to use it=), I have tested Bitcoment and it's good too=3!

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Nov 27th, '08, 17:08

I use Utorrent since well.. its the first one I've ever used lol
I have no problems with it in terms of performance and options. Like someone mentioned before that it hardly takes up resources and that is very much true since I can still play BF2, Bioshock, and Fallout 3 with Utorrent running in the background

AzumiCHAN

Post by AzumiCHAN » Nov 27th, '08, 17:35

uTORRENT..always. :D

oldlady

Post by oldlady » Dec 5th, '08, 05:48

I'm thinking azureus and vista don't work well together. I've killed 3 new computers in the last month and the only common denominator was they all crashed after azureas/vuze update. Trying u torrent now, so far so good.

jica

Post by jica » Mar 28th, '09, 20:17

Do anyone know anything about Oneswarm? Someone who has used it?

bLaCkNbLuE

What BT client do you use?

Post by bLaCkNbLuE » Oct 16th, '09, 03:34

Hey everyone. I have been offline (except at work) for most of the past two years (ack!) and I am getting back into the game now. I am so out of touch with the most recent torrent tools, so I was hoping for some recommendations for a free, adware-free torrent client.

I used to use Azureus, but I guess that is no longer active.

Any advice you have is greatly appreciated.

LaLa

xploring

Post by xploring » Oct 16th, '09, 05:41

utorrent, like everyone else apparently

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Oct 16th, '09, 05:51

uTorrent. :thumright:

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Oct 16th, '09, 08:55

I say uTorrent too. I tried to use BitComet (so I didn't have to get the padding files). But the BitComet doesn't support (the windows get too large) the resolution 800x600 which I use most of the time so I switched back to uTorrent.

cell
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Re: Bittorent Client Recommendations

Post by cell » Jun 12th, '22, 21:03

I use utorrent for years now and never had any problems until recently when I start having random lags and freezes on my laptop. Now I don't know if it's because my laptop that doesn't have good specs or something else. I'm using the Acer Aspire 5 https://productz.com/en/acer-aspire-5/p/wZ53q (I'm using the model with this specs Aspire 5 - Ryzen 5 3500U / 2.1 GHz / 8 GB DDR4 / AMD Radeon Vega 8 / 1 TB SSD / 15.6" - IPS)