AOX.to (earlier Chippu)

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
Chippu

AOX.to (earlier Chippu)

Post by Chippu » Aug 19th, '16, 01:01

Behold, D-Addicts v.2.
A forum and Tracker in one to better integrate a community.

With some differences:
- It is private and offshore.
- Its backend tracker is much more powerful, on par with the one AvistaZ has.

Some features:
- Speed. My first test gave me an Upload speed of approx 6 mbs/s.
- Simplicity, it is extremely easy and straightforward to use.

To do list:
- Add more categories, just started small for testing purposes

Some previews:

Torrent preview
Image/spoiler]

Simple, small upload window. No bogus 40000 things to do.

Limited search, focusing primarily on what You want to know

Bonus Points, better calculated to add up and reward you after amount of torrents you seed

Torrent ratings plus fun and interactive user-post ratings
Last edited by Chippu on Sep 2nd, '16, 20:40, edited 2 times in total.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: D-Addicts v.2. Modern, powerful, Super Fast, Asian Tracker

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 19th, '16, 01:16

Version 2, this would be try number 3.

Take 1 (discontinued) http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 3&t=160295

Take 2 (ongoing) http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 3&t=162231

To be honest, I'm a little bit suspicious. You provide no background information about yourself.

Chippu

Post by Chippu » Aug 19th, '16, 01:29

Keiko1981 wrote:Version 2, this would be try number 3.

Take 1 (discontinued) http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 3&t=160295

Take 2 (ongoing) http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 3&t=162231

To be honest, I'm a little bit suspicious. You provide no background information about yourself.
Not quite sure what you're after. I'm announcing I set up a torrent tracker and I'm supposed to provide background information?

And what is there to be suspicious about, its a forum with an inbuilt tracker. As a D-Addicts mod you should be very familiar with that I might add. :whistling:

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Aug 19th, '16, 04:07

I just do not understand why is it here, in Japanese Culture & Entertainment forum?

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 19th, '16, 04:12

Moved to Tech Discussion.

Chippu

Post by Chippu » Aug 19th, '16, 08:16

UsagiYojimbo wrote:I just do not understand why is it here, in Japanese Culture & Entertainment forum?
Posted it in the wrong forum, was rushing through the process.

The website is no AvistaZ, and probably never will be in terms of library. But I hope to offer people a more user friendly /easier to work yourself around, kind of place.

I have a lifetime avistaz VIP that I will use to fill the library for those who have no access to Av or Jpopsuki.

Chippu

Post by Chippu » Aug 19th, '16, 12:35

Bunch of dramas added today, Japanese and Korean, including Wanted, which finished airing a few days ago.

Chippu

Post by Chippu » Aug 19th, '16, 23:35

Final update (for now)

Proud to announce the site is officially finished.

Currently setting up an intern Japanese and Korean sub group, should take a month or two but before Christmas we will be pumping out our own subs.

Registrations will remain openturn till September 1st from where it will turn to Invitation onwards with occasional openings.

Chippu

Re: Chippu - Modern, powerful, Super Fast, Asian Tracker

Post by Chippu » Aug 22nd, '16, 15:39

Hello everyone!

Due to a high influx of new users the registrations may close down sooner and unannounced.
It is getting increasingly difficult for me as a sole Admin to keep up with the attention, although Appreciated.

If you wish to sign up, I'd highly suggest reserving an account now.

Thanks for the support.

Chippu

Post by Chippu » Aug 29th, '16, 08:45

Bit over a week since the website went live and we are on a good roll to hit 1,000 users.
100 quality torrents uploaded as of a few days ago, 75 of those are dramas, tv-shows and gameshows.

Registration will be open for a couple more days.
Friendly staff, we don't make fun of you in our IRC chat, we don't instantly ban you for minor mistakes, and we have harnessed a small, yet innovative community!
Last edited by Chippu on Sep 2nd, '16, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

boa35ed

Post by boa35ed » Aug 31st, '16, 14:03

Wow I joined this site after seeing this thread and decided to contribute by uploading some stuff.
From what I could tell I didn't break any rules but after a couple of uploads it looks like I was suddenly banned without any warning.
The video files were fine. I watched the episodes fully before uploading them.

Just a heads up, they seem to be some weird elitist community which will ban you for no apparent reason.

To quote Chippu "we don't instantly ban you for minor mistakes".
I guess what they actually mean is "We don't instantly ban you for minor mistakes, we just instantly ban you for no freaking reason."
After this experience with English/International trackers, I will solely be sticking with the Korean scene.

kingofbeer

Post by kingofbeer » Sep 1st, '16, 02:40

I've heard people mentioning stuff about this Chippu site but I never really paid too much attention because I just didn't really care.

But then they made some absurd claim on other websites that I was uploading content on their site and claimed that AvistaZ threatened me to stop using the site.
I'm currently the top contributor on AvistaZ but stopped a few months ago due to lack of time.

I'm not entirely sure what their motives are but I am not actively uploading anything anywhere.
They just seem to be spewing fictitious lies for the purpose of stirring up some unnecessary drama?
Last edited by kingofbeer on Sep 1st, '16, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Sep 1st, '16, 05:13

Chippu wrote:I have a lifetime avistaz VIP that I will use to fill the library for those who have no access to Av or Jpopsuki.
I hope You do not upload AvistaZ torrents to your tracker!
That would cause instant ban from there...

sat0492

Post by sat0492 » Sep 2nd, '16, 01:21

hi. i am hireshi, the administrator from chippu.

it is really hard to me to say what i will say. i set up the website chippu.net because i want to have something to do, and to use for myself. i never intend to have many members on it.

one of my moderators (oppaidesu), who was also my boyfriend from long distance now for 6 months joined me and help to set it up. he advertise it to reddit.com and suddenly the website has 700 members.
both me and my other moderator was confuse to where all the people come from and after some asking i found out it was advertised. i was not ready for that but my boyfriend told me this could be big and we should embrace.
the content to use from avistaz i did not download, he had info to my account and a few of my other social media accounts, he was very sensitive and wanted to pay attention to everything i do.

http://i.imgur.com/S7amXzQ.png <---- plz see reference

i was very sad yesterday and wanted to close my chippu.net after i learn that he had started this all on reddit, i did not even know of this d-addicts before one of my forum members sent me a photo from chat above. i was very confused, and that friend had blocked me. i asked my boyfriend and he told me this site, he also advertise here and pretend to be the 'admin'. he was.. he did set up the tracker for me, but i paid for the server and feel so deceited

yesterday i had a long fight with him and i feel deceived, anger and very much embarrassing.. i wanted to shut the website off, but i keep it up only because of some of the members like it.

and now i have to come here to reply to this.. and it is very inconvenient for me.. i also had to leave him because of all of this because of his action makes me scared.

i am deeply sad, and i apologize to anyone on avistaz because of this. i was bewildered and tricked to thinking all of my members had been banned for no reason and i didnt think twice because he is my boyfriend.

again so sorry, i banned him from our website as well and i hope it will not cause you more inconvenience.

Meifumado

Post by Meifumado » Sep 3rd, '16, 03:33

Chippu wrote: I have a lifetime avistaz VIP that I will use to fill the library for those who have no access to Av or Jpopsuki.
Had