Best media player around

Discuss technical and geeky things here.

Vote for the best media player...

Windows media player
16%
VideoLAN (VLC)
22%
Zoomplayer
4%
Zoomplayer
4%
Winamp 5.0
2%
BSPlayer
13%
Media Player Classic
35%
mplayer (Linux/Mac)
4%

Total votes: 529

amaranth

Post by amaranth » Sep 6th, '05, 15:43

Definitely Media Player Classic: ridiculously low CPU usage, basic and clean GUI, hardly any crashes (less than the others listed in my experience - yes, I have tried every player out there, and then some...).
I also use it instead of RealPlayer and Quicktime thanks to the appropriate plugins (namely Real Alternative and Quicktime Alternative).
I use VLC to check partially downloaded files.
Off topic, Foobar is the best for audio files (ace, flac, mp3...).

I wonder: have those who voted for Windows Media Player actually tried any of the other players? 'cos WMP really is the worst of them all: extremely heavy CPU usage, 80% of useless garbage when all you want to do is watch a vid, poor video quality (hmm, that awesome "thin mosaic" special effect on files encoded with some of the rarer codecs, wonder how they do that), terrible codec management (I love it when it tries to DL "missing" codecs that are actually already installed, fails to DL them, then plays the file anyway... brilliant, innit?)

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Sep 6th, '05, 15:59

slashdevdsp wrote:mplayer Ownz all of them :p

http://mplayerhq.hu

its available for nix, mac, win. its the best if you dont mind using the command line interface. (subtitles/video/audio synch no problems and plays almost everything i throw at it, even jpeg ) :)
Almost? If it only plays almost everything, then you aren't running the latest CVS... cuz it plays *everything*. When the h264 files with the wanky weird non-standard AAC-type audio codec started playing, my heart skipped a beat. And, of course, it comes with mencoder, which is the video encoder from hell, able to perrform miracles ;^)

kapaka

Post by kapaka » Sep 11th, '05, 10:59

:P :P VLC RULES!! :P :P

For Years have been using this player mainly because it DOES NOT NEED EXTERNAL CODECS to play any file :w00t:
And suports almost everything, angelpoison, matroska, whatever... :w00t:
And has a fine subtitles manager :w00t:
And the image quality is better than other good ones like BSPlayer or MPclassic. :w00t:
And is higly customizable if you want to bother :w00t:
And has versions for many OS: Linux, MacOS, BeOS, even Windows... :w00t:

and last but not least it's OPEN SOURCE FREEWARE :w00t::w00t:

:w00t: get it now! :w00t: free trial! :w00t: free software! and if not happy your money back :lol
just kiddin'... no money back :D

if you don't know where: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

~Adam~

Post by ~Adam~ » Sep 17th, '05, 21:37

I use Vlc player, Media player Classic, and BSplayer.

vietunit

Post by vietunit » Mar 19th, '06, 15:57

im using VLC .
its helped me through numerous situtations

- no codecs needed, plays any file
- like lagless, im serious
- easy to use, user-friendly
- subs manager very easy to use also.
- WATCH paritally dl-ed files (helps alot)
- F-R-E-E, I repeat its F-R-E-E !

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Mar 22nd, '06, 03:58

I used to be strictly BSPlayer. I liked everything about it. However, recently mine crapped out. I went to reinstall it and found that to use the free version, it's now ad-supported and asked me to install some adware. I canceled the install. I decided to explore my options before dedicating to buying BSPlayer Pro.

I have found something that I like better and have heard good reviews about.....Zoom Player. I really really like it. It's simple and to the point. I find the menus and everything to be very specific and helpful, especially with codec support. It friggin' tells me what codecs are installed. I probably will barely use GSpot now :lol I didn't check specifically, but I didn't find it to be a resource hog on my system. So, for now, I decided not to buy BSPlayer Pro.

As for Media Player Classic, I do use it on occasion. However, I don't like it to be my primary player. I find the seeking to be slow. I tend to skip around a lot so I need the seeking to be quick and accurate.

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Mar 27th, '06, 19:07

urm im sorry if i'm in the wrong section :sweat: but since you guys are talking about bs player which i am using now. can i ask a lil bit tiny question?

when i choose the desktop mode, the subtitle didn't show up. i'm using the free bs player which i dl along with klite mega codec pack. so does anyone know what i can do so the subtitle will show if i choose desktop mode

again i'm really sorry,i just didn't want to open a thread for one simple question.

jav_

Post by jav_ » Mar 27th, '06, 19:14

BSPlayer with ffdshow owns...i also like using vlc but i hate how the subs look :/

Kayote

Post by Kayote » Mar 29th, '06, 20:03

Have been with BSPlayerfor years now and its still the best for me.

Second has to be VLC.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 30th, '06, 04:40

milleu87 wrote:when i choose the desktop mode, the subtitle didn't show up. i'm using the free bs player
a bit confused here. i don't use bs player, but i don't know if it has subtitle support included. you may need to dl and install vobsub (see FAQ).
milleu87 wrote:...which i dl along with klite mega codec pack. so does anyone know what i can do so the subtitle will show if i choose desktop mode
ok, now there is ACE mega-codecs, and there is a k-lite codec pack.

either one should have come complete with 'mpc' (media player classic). you should be using media player classic to play all your videos.

KoreanMania

Post by KoreanMania » Mar 30th, '06, 04:58

It's been years since I started using Media Player Classic from my very first K-drama till now. :-) It's been great all along & what else could I say except, "MPC rockS!!!" :cheers:

jocutus

Post by jocutus » Mar 30th, '06, 13:36

Well,from time to time there were some files that I couldn't play with VLC. So I tried other players. But they are all gone: if VLC does not play it, no one else does.

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Apr 17th, '06, 23:00

I've been using Media Player Classic for a long time to play all my videos. It works very well. The "codec pack" I use is CCCP (used to use the Matroska Pack but lately it started to doink a lot so I got CCCP instead). However I don't use the older version of MPC that CCCP has bundled, but the newer version. It still works though.

Buck

Post by Buck » May 2nd, '06, 14:24

I've been using Media Player Classic. It's a genuine media player for me because it says Classic xD

The thing is with MPC is that I neve really had to open any sub files and things like that.. it just knows what I'm thinking and then it pops out. Though sometimes it crashes once or twice but I guess that's never really a problem..

Prowler_88

Post by Prowler_88 » May 27th, '06, 13:18

I use Creative Media Player that came bundled with my X-fi. I like it, plus it has feature like slowing down music without pitch changes (useful for learning guitar licks).

And the X-fi rocks :mrgreen:

tee668w

Post by tee668w » May 27th, '06, 13:23

i use realplayer which isn`t on the list. i press play all and it mean i don`t have to get up to select the next episode...

lennonmanson

Post by lennonmanson » May 27th, '06, 13:31

still using windows media player...

doc_tomoe

Post by doc_tomoe » May 27th, '06, 13:42

There's no "best" player ...

Some people will like the simplicity of .. say Windows Media Player Classic, while others (like myself) will favor mplayer (on every platform! including windows) over all the other players ..

it all depends on personal tastes

MuSiC_RoCkz

Post by MuSiC_RoCkz » May 29th, '06, 14:00

Hi... My Com is being replair so all my software have gone and i've totally forgotten what codec i've downloaded...

Can anyone tell me what codec or software to download is i download either Core Media Player or Media Player Classic??? please.. .anyone help me...

skachild

Post by skachild » May 29th, '06, 14:14

Media player classic..!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumright: :thumright:
the 1st player i use for viewing sub... don think i will change it to other player in the future.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LYF

Post by LYF » Jun 4th, '06, 13:02

best in what way? VLC can play any format :)

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » Jun 26th, '06, 01:10

I'm just wondering is Bsplayer and media player classic the same thing? Becuz i just downloaded the media classic and im hoping it will work. I also have installed Xvid but i dunno if Xvid works. Does anyone know if i just keep Xvid along with the media classic program or delete it?

aralover

you guys should check out GOM Player!

Post by aralover » Jun 26th, '06, 09:16

you guys should check out GOM Player...
this one has its own-codec system that it can play most of the video format including DViX, AVI, DAT, and MPEG... and it's much faster and lighter than WMP..

you guys can download it at
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia ... ayer.shtml
or
http://www.gomplayer.com (the official site)..

i really loved it!!

scott12199

Re: you guys should check out GOM Player!

Post by scott12199 » Jun 26th, '06, 09:31

aralover wrote:you guys should check out GOM Player...
this one has its own-codec system that it can play most of the video format including DViX, AVI, DAT, and MPEG... and it's much faster and lighter than WMP..

you guys can download it at
or
http://www.gomplayer.com (the official site)..

i really loved it!!
i love gom player. everybody needs to try it out.

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » Jun 28th, '06, 03:45

If someone could help me i'd really appreciate it! You see i have VLC player and Media PLayer Classic installed. But i just downloaded Magicians of Love but it wont play it on either! Now i realize that its an rvmb file so i downloaded real alt. plus i already had K-lite codec package but it still wont play on either! Here's the tricky part, i previewed it (like the whole episode) on bitcomet and i can see it perfectly, only problem with that is that it wont play the .srt file that has the subs so its raw. If anyone knows or thinks they can help me, i would be very thankful!!! If i can get it now maybe i can get it for the rest of the files so i wont have to ask anyone for help anymore! Thanks in advance!

patman3d

Post by patman3d » Jun 29th, '06, 04:54

jpoplover08 wrote:If someone could help me i'd really appreciate it! You see i have VLC player and Media PLayer Classic installed. But i just downloaded Magicians of Love but it wont play it on either! Now i realize that its an rvmb file so i downloaded real alt. plus i already had K-lite codec package but it still wont play on either! Here's the tricky part, i previewed it (like the whole episode) on bitcomet and i can see it perfectly, only problem with that is that it wont play the .srt file that has the subs so its raw. If anyone knows or thinks they can help me, i would be very thankful!!! If i can get it now maybe i can get it for the rest of the files so i wont have to ask anyone for help anymore! Thanks in advance!
Have you tried jetAudio? I have had no problems using the jetAudio player to play any of the Real Audio files.

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » Jun 29th, '06, 18:25

patman3d wrote:
jpoplover08 wrote:If someone could help me i'd really appreciate it! You see i have VLC player and Media PLayer Classic installed. But i just downloaded Magicians of Love but it wont play it on either! Now i realize that its an rvmb file so i downloaded real alt. plus i already had K-lite codec package but it still wont play on either! Here's the tricky part, i previewed it (like the whole episode) on bitcomet and i can see it perfectly, only problem with that is that it wont play the .srt file that has the subs so its raw. If anyone knows or thinks they can help me, i would be very thankful!!! If i can get it now maybe i can get it for the rest of the files so i wont have to ask anyone for help anymore! Thanks in advance!
Have you tried jetAudio? I have had no problems using the jetAudio player to play any of the Real Audio files.
Thank you anyway but the same night i posted this i got help in how to play it. Now i dont have problems at all! Really appreciate it though. :-)

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jun 29th, '06, 18:33

I use GOM. I was going to dl BSplayer, but they wanted me to dl some spyware... so i just uninstalled it.

VLC's good too.. it plays almost everything. I use window's media player for music though.. sometimes winamp.

itzjustfranciz

Post by itzjustfranciz » Jun 29th, '06, 18:52

i say its both the VLC player and the media player classic

Horizon

Post by Horizon » Jun 29th, '06, 19:22

pokute wrote:Almost? If it only plays almost everything, then you aren't running the latest CVS... cuz it plays *everything*. When the h264 files with the wanky weird non-standard AAC-type audio codec started playing, my heart skipped a beat. And, of course, it comes with mencoder, which is the video encoder from hell, able to perrform miracles ;^)
I second this. The file may be corrupt and unalterable on a dieing hard drive, and my kernal logs can be scrolling thousands of lines of I/O errors and freezing my whole system for 10/20 minutes when I try to do anything to the file, but you can bet your sweet arse mplayer can STILL play the bloody thing.

Another player I like as much as mplayer is GOM. *GOM Player is the Only Player* I use when I find myself in the unlucky situation that I have to use windows :D Plus it's korean which we all know, like women and phones, makes it sexier :mrgreen:
Last edited by Horizon on Jun 29th, '06, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Jun 29th, '06, 19:33

And now with the 1.0.8pre release of mplayer comes the amazing yadif de-interlacing filter, which blows ALL the other deinterlacing filters out of the water. Somehow it does not degrade the image even one tenth as much as other deints.

kyou_enna

Post by kyou_enna » Jul 28th, '06, 20:27

I like videoLAN the best...cause the other programs can only play so much, while VLC can pretty much play anything without crashing down in the middle of stuff.

Fieryshadow

Post by Fieryshadow » Aug 3rd, '06, 04:35

f*** voted for Media player, when i meant Media Player Classic -.- oh well

sandrila

Post by sandrila » Aug 31st, '06, 13:46

I use AVS DVD Player- it's free and supports all major formats

Zulfi

Post by Zulfi » Aug 31st, '06, 14:09

XBMC... xbox media centre.... watchin on my pc sucks... tv out also sucks (though a hdmi tv out to a plasma/lcd is probably v.good) divx/xvid dvd players suck too... watchin on my xbox is like watchin the program as if it were being broadcast (espec in RGB... I don't have a HDTV but it (the xbox w/ the right leads) is capable). If u watch alot of downloaded files (I watch drama and anime mainly :) it can't be beat... I don't even play games on my xbox... just dl'ed video filez :) oh but xbox can't do h264

Otherwise I would use media player classic... very good... used to use BS player... but mpc is frankly better... I hear lots of good things about VLC... but I'm not gonna bother trying... cos it's all about XBMC hooked up to my network ;)

of course I payed for my modified xbox... but u can modify them for free too...

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Aug 31st, '06, 18:21

i didnt know xbox was still around, lol... playstation will make it go out of business in a few years, lol

Deedlith

Post by Deedlith » Aug 31st, '06, 18:27

I don't use any of the media players that are put in the topic. The only player i use is CrystalFree which is a freeware, easy to use and which doesn't need lots of ressources. You can also change the font and color of the subtitles easily and it's well designed. My favorite after testing every media players.

MifuneGoh

Media Player Classic

Post by MifuneGoh » Sep 4th, '06, 20:27

Included with the CCCP, and along with the Real and Quicktime alternatives, I can play anything, including DVDs, VCDs, and SVCDs, with full menu support. It's flexible. It can be a media server. It's easy to configure and use (unlike VLC whose settings dialog is cryptic and poorly laid out, at best). And along with VSfilter fully supports subtitle formats and formatting (VLC still doesn't).

I'm told Zoom Player, while not as flexible as MPC, is better to use when using TV-out to watch things. I haven't had a problem using MPC for this. Once I configured the video driver and support util it didn't really matter which player I used, so long as it would easily toggle fullscreen mode.

Still, when the kinks are finally worked out of VLC, and it does everything as well as MPC does, I'll probably switch. It may take a while for that to happen. But it will.

M.G

sl282828

Post by sl282828 » Oct 14th, '06, 07:19

I just wonder any of these players can play rm or rmvb file without the need to convert the file to avi 1st???? Anuyone have ideas what type of player can play rm or rvmb file straight away???? If yes please provide source. Thanks so much!!!

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Dec 22nd, '06, 06:50

my gom player plays rm files (thats why i got it). its awesome player but still my fav is VLC. it just plays about everything u throw at it and its soo small (no codex) i carry a copy on my jump drive to install on anyones computer who i lend dorama's to.

kapricon

Post by kapricon » Dec 22nd, '06, 07:37

i want to download VLC player but from which mirror?

arabian

Post by arabian » Dec 22nd, '06, 07:42

There are many player I use but the best is windows media player ..
I also use gom player & media player classic..

Sosseres

Post by Sosseres » Jan 31st, '07, 15:35

I personally use The Core Media player since I like its functions, for when I just want to play up a single episode I use media player classic and when I want to take a screen shot I switch over to zoom player.

ivenxubi

Post by ivenxubi » Feb 3rd, '07, 01:00

sl282828 wrote:I just wonder any of these players can play rm or rmvb file without the need to convert the file to avi 1st???? Anuyone have ideas what type of player can play rm or rvmb file straight away???? If yes please provide source. Thanks so much!!!
This has been answered before by others, but I'll do it again since I notice it comes up often. ".rm" and ".rmvb" files are Real Player formats. You can play them using the official Real Player (http://www.real.com) or Real Alternative, which is a bundle of Media Player Classic with the Real Player codecs (http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/finalbuilds.htm#realalt). I recommend Real Alternative, especially since Media Player Classic can also play many other file types without being bloated like Real Player.

As for best media player, there is no such thing. I use VLC for its low CPU usage and its ability to play most major formats without needing any codecs, but it cannot display overlapping subtitles in .srt files. Media Player Classic will display overlapping subtitles properly, but it use more CPU power than VLC and does require codecs.

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Apr 1st, '07, 03:55

before i used to use WMP but after i found out about VLC i don't use it anymore.. =/
i like VLC better because i can basically play any kind of file in it.. really easy and stuff..
WMP just.. sometimes it go weird on me =/

i don't like winamp for some reason.. i only use it to watch drama from this one site because it an online viewing thing and they only support winamp

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Apr 1st, '07, 04:09

I use two, Media player Classic and VLC.

angel1260245123

Post by angel1260245123 » Apr 7th, '07, 20:11

Does anyone know what player do I need if I'm going to play a MPEG-4 file? Except form Quicktime... It also works in Real and Windows Media Player but I can only hear the sound, I can't see the video.

ap0stat3

Post by ap0stat3 » Apr 7th, '07, 20:47

angel1260245123 wrote:Does anyone know what player do I need if I'm going to play a MPEG-4 file? Except form Quicktime... It also works in Real and Windows Media Player but I can only hear the sound, I can't see the video.
VLC and Media Classic (with mastroska) can play MPEG-4

itsukiD

Post by itsukiD » Jun 7th, '07, 18:56

angel1260245123 wrote:Does anyone know what player do I need if I'm going to play a MPEG-4 file? Except form Quicktime... It also works in Real and Windows Media Player but I can only hear the sound, I can't see the video.
have you tried downloading a MPEG-4 codec? i suggest downloading CCCP's software. its free. then u can use any player to play mpeg4 files. unless your on a mac and i hear good things about vlc on mac.

good luck.

aj2005uk

Post by aj2005uk » Jun 7th, '07, 19:43

I sometimes use WMP, but I mostly use MediaPortal

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Jun 7th, '07, 19:52

I use windows media player most of the time because the shortcut is easy to acess(it's in my tool bar) but the best player is Media Player Classic because it plays everything! :P ;)

joly

Right player for RMVB files

Post by joly » Jul 3rd, '07, 22:57

Hi all
am new here.... i have just managed to dowload the whole serie, but cannot seem to play it. I have downloaded VCL Media player as suggested, but i'm not getting any pics and the sound is very jumpy. Would this be because the file is bad or am I just got the wrong player. the file RMVB, therefore I could not watch this on my usual window media player, which i think only plays avi file. Could someone please help me

Thank you
:lol

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Jul 5th, '07, 16:42

mmm...i think you're having troubles in watching the rmvb files because you dont have the proper codecs installed.

Have you tried this?:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Rea ... native.htm

~ Phantom ~

Post by ~ Phantom ~ » Jul 5th, '07, 16:59

Well,,,,, from the poll i use VLC
but i use Jet Audio.. it's good!

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jan 15th, '08, 06:53

The top of my list for now is Zoomplayer. I'm shocked that when I cast my vote, it only made up 4% of the total votes... Is it because it's not highly distributed as VLC or MPC? I got Zoomplayer when I downloaded the CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack).
Let's get down to the details:
I prefer using Zoomplayer because the program launches faster than WMP. Next it can play the next videos in the same folder with just a simple click of the 'next chapter/track' button. I realised that other players can't do this, we'd have to go to 'File' and open the next video manually. Zoomplayer's interface is also simple and user-friendly, of which I think VLC loses out on. VLC has a bunch of buttons (which are pretty small) and different options on the toolbar. It can be pretty intimidating for first-time users (at least, it was for me). Zoomplayer's aesthetic appeal also wins over VLC which looks very bland and technical. Also, the video disappears when we restore the full-sized window down, and only the audio is playing. Of course, the video appears again when we restore it up again, but that isn't the same case for other players. The video would just become smaller, and not disappear altogether.
I've also found that the clarity of videos played varies between players. So far, VLC plays the most crisp videos, so that's its advantage to me. Zoomplayer is good enough as well. The worst by far is MPC, the videos look somewhat less crisp.
WMP is the most unfriendly of all the players when it comes to different formats. Zoomplayer tops it for me because it can also play .rmvb and .flv files for example. VLC though, is the most versatile, as it can even play damaged files.

That's my summary for media players. Take note though that I'm not really an expert at this. :P For experienced users, VLC is probably the best option. I just think Zoomplayer is the easiest to use with maximum functions for the majority of us.
Ijou~ :D

Hanazawa Rui

Post by Hanazawa Rui » Jan 15th, '08, 06:56

i think vlc iz the best..........

mstacyi

Post by mstacyi » Jan 16th, '08, 09:15

I would but I don't know what the site is saying. since i can only speak and read in english.

jAnA wrote:
praning wrote:i use GOM Player and i think it's the best video player out there
plays all codecs and it's korean :P ..

got mine @ ipop.co.kr
sweetie_babe wrote:I use a lot of media player like DIVX, Pro BSplayer, WMP10, Media player classic, VLC, and GOM! I prefered GOM the most which is not listed in the list!
8) Everyone should try this player... Before, I used BSplayer to watch 'Full House', the video was always not in sync with the audio... but it plays perfectly with GOM Player!!

Links
*Info
*GOM Player Website

hey9

Post by hey9 » Mar 20th, '08, 01:32

On the list provided, I like VLC because it can play incomplete video files. This helps me a lot if I'm downloading a video torrent and want to find out if I should keep downloading the torrent or not.

But overall, I like GOM Player. I used to use MPC, but it kept shutting down on my computer and having problems, so I gave up on it.

maakopla

Post by maakopla » May 20th, '08, 18:05

I voted for media player classic. I usually use GOM player because I regard it the best. You don't need to search for codexs with it. But my second choise is always Media player classic. It's simple, easy to use and plays almost all files.

I also have VLC on my comp. I rarely use it. It's simple but has too little features for me. And I have noticed that when I watch LQ files GOMplayer gives better video quality.

I'm not surprised that winamp has so little votes. It's good but definitely not for playing video files. It launches slowly and doesn't play softsubs. But tehn again it played some files that none other player woudl play. I still love winamp as audio player.

Players that I definitely hate are BSplayer and DivX. They have too much advertisment in them.

baggypantgpa

Post by baggypantgpa » Jun 17th, '08, 21:43

VLC Hands down, it can play almost anything!

Ramsan

Post by Ramsan » Jul 16th, '08, 08:16

I use Media Player Classic, because it's light and plays almost everything (okay, it plays everything). It looks kind of old, but it doesn't matter. VLC looks good, but it has some problems with ASS. subtitles.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Aug 19th, '08, 16:44

Don't anyone know about Core Media Player. This is the media player which I use for almost every type of media there is. I've been using it since the beginning (well when I first started downloading from bittorrent and wanted to play videos and music of all kinds). All you need is the get the best codec pack here http://www.cccp-project.net/ and install both of the programs. Then the core media player pretty much works for every file you have.

Nikkeijin4Life

Post by Nikkeijin4Life » Aug 19th, '08, 17:27

GOM is by far the best media I've used in a long time... check it out. It's free!

Masumi-chan

Post by Masumi-chan » Aug 19th, '08, 17:33

the one i use isn't on the list and is the best in my opinion and it is the KMPlayer

OneMore

Post by OneMore » Aug 25th, '08, 20:34

media player classic.
Last edited by OneMore on Nov 27th, '08, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

hellokuromi

Post by hellokuromi » Sep 2nd, '08, 22:08

I had a question about VLC player. When it plays subtitles that are in Japanese it just show a bunch of square boxes. My windows media player plays it fine. I'd rather use my VLC player as it is faster and more crisp.

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Sep 2nd, '08, 22:27

Media Player Classic is only my choice of player. It plays everything I want it to but the main thing I like about it is the fact I can control the sound using my mouse scroll button :)

FoolyDooly

Post by FoolyDooly » Sep 2nd, '08, 22:32

I prefer MPC too.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Sep 2nd, '08, 22:40

The best player i think is K-lite codec pack aka Media Player Classic. It plays anything and everything, you can set the resolution, use any type of audio decoder, it allows you to take snap shots of the video your playing, ques list of movies you want to watch and automatically puts them in alphabetical order if you drag and drop alot of vids at the same time.

For subtitles you don't even have to rename the video and put the subs with it the vid to get them, you can just ctrl l and choose them manually from anywhere and set it so that when ever you play that video it automatically loads it.

Best of all I have not ran into one single video that I couldn't play and bigger than that of all its absolutely free. Unlike BSplayer which imo was great before i found k-lite codec pack, the only problem is if you didnt buy it you have to update and reinstall which is a hassle if your internet gets cut off for a few weeks

Hirosakamoto

Post by Hirosakamoto » Nov 27th, '08, 16:24

I use VLC and Media player classic normaly=)! Sometimes Windows media player

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 27th, '08, 16:27

Media Player Classic, bar none. :)

hafizadam

Post by hafizadam » Jan 20th, '09, 12:27

Media Player Classic..
lighter, and I've just updated my K-Lite Mega Codec to v4.4.5 and it seems there is Home Cinema edition..
dont know what it do though (read them but can understand anything..lol)

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Jan 20th, '09, 13:11

the players that i use is not listed above, but i really love KMPlayer and GOMPlayer, both players are great, you don't need to instal a lot of codecs, cause they already come with internal codecs.

FlyAwayShadows

Post by FlyAwayShadows » Apr 2nd, '09, 19:55

KMPlayer
hands down

boyhuesd

Post by boyhuesd » May 7th, '09, 04:09

CCCP - http://www.cccp-project.net/, the best ever, and for playback only.