Personal User Stats location

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
Constable Odo

Personal User Stats location

Post by Constable Odo » Jan 22nd, '08, 09:59

Is there any specific area I can look at to find my personal user stats? I'd like to know what my upload/download ratio is over the long term. It's very easy to find my stats on FS Seeders or Avistaz because whenever I log on, the User Stats just pop up. On this server, even if you go to stats, there are only torrent stats and not even that many.

I've been trying to find out if I've been leeching more than seeding or vice-versa. I think I should be ahead on seeding, but I've no way to make sure. This is one of the few torrent sites that I can't readily find my personal ratio. Do you have such a stat? Or is it hidden in some way that I just haven't been able to find it.

The problem is that I don't want to spend time overseeding due to my crappy ISP giving me limits to uploading. I can't just be seeding forever. Sometimes my torrent client crashes and doesn't always give the correct UL/DL ratios.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 23rd, '08, 04:56

as far as i'm aware, DA does not keep individual stats. i think Ruro can give some overall stats, but i'm not sure if that would help your case.

have you considered utorrent? you can just keep your torrents in the client, and it will track your overall usage of that torrent over the life of it. there may be some other clients that do the same....

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jan 23rd, '08, 05:09

Like jholic said, DA doesn't keep track of personal stats. We're a completely open tracker so there is no need for us to keep track of every individual. Personal tracker stats are only used/available for ratio-based trackers like FSS and jpopsuki.

Constable Odo

Post by Constable Odo » Jan 30th, '08, 16:24

OK. Thanks for the replies. As I said, I just wanted to make sure I'm doing my part for seeding. I just can't always bother to keep track of where I'm downloading from.

groink

Post by groink » Jan 30th, '08, 19:54

In order to keep track of stats like this, there must somehow be a link between IP address and the user account. Because D-Addicts does not require login to its tracker, the link between the two is impossible. But this is actually a good thing! Your user account is linked to your e-mail address. If a take-over of the server and its logs were to occur in the future, a profile could easily be created, linking your e-mail address to your downloading history.

It is possible to develop tracking of just the IP address. And all you need to remember are your IP addresses - both present and past. The problem here is that not everyone is that savvy enough to know this information. Also, because just about everyone use dynamic IP addresses on the public side, it is statistically possible that two D-Addicts users will eventually have the same public IP address at different times. That's why sites like FSS and JPOPSuki prefer tracking by username.

--- groink