Itune questions?

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
meme-sama

Itune questions?

Post by meme-sama » Mar 7th, '08, 19:23

What are the benefits that I can get from downloading songs from itune? why dont using bearshare of limewire instead?

when i drag a song to my itune library and then i change the location of the song.....it is there in the itune library but i cant play it....whats wrong?

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Mar 7th, '08, 21:02

Well, i tunes you pay for the music, limewire you get it for free.

And you have broken the filepath by moving the file. Itunes it basically a list of the music you have loaded into it. It remembers where the file was when you put it into itunes and looks there when you want to play it. When you move the file it can't find it anymore because it's no longer where it thinks it is. Same thing happens if you change the file name.

epi

Re: Itune questions?

Post by epi » Mar 7th, '08, 21:13

meme-sama wrote:What are the benefits that I can get from downloading songs from itune? why dont using bearshare of limewire instead?
that's a very good question that i've always asked myself, why should i download anything from itunes? :lol but you do know that it's illegal to download copyrighted stuff from limewire while it's legal to download stuff from itunes ... so there u go ... i don't know if it counts as benefits (up to this day i don't think it's a benefit 8))

but u know one day far far away in the future ... who knows if the copyright police will come knocking on your door ... at that time it'll be a huge benefit if you download stuff from itunes :whistling:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Itune questions?

Post by jholic » Mar 8th, '08, 01:31

meme-sama wrote:What are the benefits that I can get from downloading songs from itune? why dont using bearshare of limewire instead?
the benefit is that you don't need to pay $220k.
http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/1 ... finds.html

as you are in a foreign country, the laws may be different.

meme-sama

Post by meme-sama » Mar 8th, '08, 08:29

but u know one day far far away in the future ... who knows if the copyright police will come knocking on your door ... at that time it'll be a huge benefit if you download stuff from itunes
loool ya u r right it is worthless 2 be caught by ploice coz of downloading songs
but i thought downloading songs from itune will solve da problem that i've talked abt above that when i move da song file after i drag it...i wont be able 2 listen 2 it.. :D..or i may get free backup coz am paying 4 da songs...coz these 2 r da huge problem i face in my itune library....when i reinstall the itune it asked me 2 earse the library :crazy:
as you are in a foreign country, the laws may be different.
yeah there is no law in my country that not permit downloading songs :whistling: