Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

mvix on a mac help!!!!

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
gmak

mvix on a mac help!!!!

Post by gmak » Nov 20th, '08, 08:08

hi everyone
i have a 5000R model mvix. it was originally formatted on a pc and i've been sending files to it from my pc. however, since i'm in the process of changing to a mac, i hooked up my mvix to my macbook. just downloaded an episode and unfortunately, i can't send it to the mvix. what's the problem??
should i reformat the HD in time machine? but then would i lose everything on the HD????

calling all mac users for help!!!

leesja

Post by leesja » Nov 20th, '08, 08:19

I'm a mac user, but unfortunately I cannot help you with this - suggest you just google it - there are heaps of mac forums out there. goodluck!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Nov 21st, '08, 06:06

please submit these posts in the tech forums.

mt877

Post by mt877 » Nov 22nd, '08, 06:21

Can you open / read / playback audio or video files off the drive?

If you can then you have at least read permission. Select the drive (single click it), go to File menu, select "Get Info".
A new window will open, look at "Ownership & Permissions". If it displays "Read Only", then change it to "Read & Write".
When you do this, a dialog window might open and you'll have to enter your user password to change permissions.
Hopefully this is what your problem is.

mt877

Post by mt877 » Jan 14th, '09, 16:57

mt877 wrote:Can you open / read / playback audio or video files off the drive?

If you can then you have at least read permission. Select the drive (single click it), go to File menu, select "Get Info".
A new window will open, look at "Ownership & Permissions". If it displays "Read Only", then change it to "Read & Write".
When you do this, a dialog window might open and you'll have to enter your user password to change permissions.
Hopefully this is what your problem is.

EDIT: New solution: I think the issue you're having is that Mac OS X can mount and read from NTFS formatted drives, but cannot write to them. Paragon Software has a commercial software solution for full read/write access to NTFS formatted drives. The free alternative is to install MacFUSE and NTFS-3G.