I question about Dramawiki Firefox Add-on plugin

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
br4nd0n

I question about Dramawiki Firefox Add-on plugin

Post by br4nd0n » May 14th, '09, 22:40

I recently made two firefox search engine plugins for Dramawiki. [for personal use]

Can I release it to the public on these forums? Firefox plugin site?

The search engines are located in the top right position of your Firefox browser. It provides quick access in searching a site. It also prevents someone from pulling up the main page just to search (whether by google or the site). (I know if you search drama wiki google brings up a custom search box, however wouldn't it be nice to have your own drama wiki search engine at the top available at all times?)

I can only do so much so I decided to start with this.

One plugin uses the wiki site search.
The other uses google's custom site search.

In order to install it you would have to put it in your firefox search plguin folder and restart firefox
or if I upload it to the site it will install it automatically to the browser. (That's if and only if I get permission and I can do it.)

EDIT: Since the one that is already up only does the regular search I decided to upload the google site search version. I use Firefox 3 which uses an xml file in the searchengine folder so I guess whatever version takes those will work.

Move the .xml to the location on your computer found on this site
http://www.groinkcaps.com/daddicts/addengine.html
(where the original poster linked)
Attachments
googledramawiki.zip
Firefox Plugin xml file in a zip file
(1.22 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Last edited by br4nd0n on May 18th, '09, 04:48, edited 3 times in total.

vcious

Post by vcious » May 14th, '09, 22:52

wow, i personally would love a plugin for drama wiki! could you send me a link so that i can install it on my computer??

br4nd0n

Post by br4nd0n » May 14th, '09, 22:56

vcious wrote:wow, i personally would love a plugin for drama wiki! could you send me a link so that i can install it on my computer??
It's only on my computer as of now, however I can upload it as an attachment on this site if I get the go ahead.
I can email you my files though.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » May 14th, '09, 23:33

Sorry to say it but I think this has already been done
DramaWiki Firefox/Mozilla Search Plugin

br4nd0n

Post by br4nd0n » May 14th, '09, 23:38

atskv9 wrote:Sorry to say it but I think this has already been done
DramaWiki Firefox/Mozilla Search Plugin
Cool, no wonder I couldn't find one.
I tried the firefox site and some other places but couldn't find one, so i made one.
Only thing about it is that it uses the built-in wiki search, I made one that uses the google custom site search too, so maybe someone needs that?

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » May 15th, '09, 00:32

Actually what you made sounds cool and I would love an app like that! save me time jumping around from tab to tab when searching for something.

:Edit to thank!:

Thank you so very much for this! You have made my life SO much easier now!!! (^_^)

br4nd0n

Post by br4nd0n » May 15th, '09, 03:57

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:Actually what you made sounds cool and I would love an app like that! save me time jumping around from tab to tab when searching for something.

:Edit to thank!:

Thank you so very much for this! You have made my life SO much easier now!!! (^_^)

You're welcome and thanks to author who created the first .