How to create a torrent or batch torrent. (Tutorial)

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
BaekSoo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BaekSoo » Jan 16th, '12, 13:41

Start Utorrent --> File --> Create New Torrent or Ctrl+N.

1. Check mark or Tick: Start seeding. (In Red)
2. Add trackers marked in Green. A tracker list is provided below. Just copy and paste as is. DON'T remove the spacing in between. It won't work without the spacing. You can also google to get a more current list.
3. Add file. (In Blue) or Add Directory for batch. Select the file you want to seed. (Folder / Directory for batch)
4. Create and save as...

Save the torrent so that you can upload it to a torrent site later. (Eg. D-Addicts)

Finished. Click close.

1. The status of the torrent will show Finished. (In Red)
The tracker list can contain many or none but it helps if there are more trackers as the tracker hosts are not always 100% and may go down at any time.
WARNING Adding TOO MANY trackers will be BAD for the torrent. It will slow down the torrent as trackers need bandwidth too.

2. When you are ready to seed, just click on the start torrent marked in black.

3. The status will change from finished to seeding.

Super Seeding or Initial Seeding.

Right click on the torrent (in this case it's Dirty Mama) and select properties.

You can turn on Initial seeding if you are sure you are the only seeder around. If you are not the only seeder then DON'T turn on the Initial Seeding. More info for super seeding:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super-seeding

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_vocabulary

Check mark the Seeding Goal: Override default settings and put a Minimum ratio of more than 150. In my case I normally put it to 200-500 depending on the file size.

If your minimum ratio is set to just 100, then nobody will be able to finish downloading the torrent.

If the trackers are set as seen above then it's wrongly set. NO trackers will appear.

I hope this helps.
Attachments
Tracker list.txt
(888 Bytes) Downloaded 585 times
Last edited by BaekSoo on Aug 27th, '14, 12:43, edited 5 times in total.

Hammie

Re: How to create a torrent. (Tutorial)

Post by Hammie » Jan 16th, '12, 14:38

BaekSoo wrote:You can turn on Initial seeding if you are sure you are the only seeder around. If you are not the only seeder then DON'T turn on the Initial Seeding.
I would say, turn on Initial Seeding only when you're sure you're the only seeder with two or more leeches.

Initial Seeding works like this. Let's say there are two leeches B and C...

A sends Piece 1 to B.
A waits for B to send Piece 1 to C.
A receives confirmation from C that B has sent Piece 1.
A sends Piece 2 to B.
The cycle continues...

So, if there's only 1 leech in the swarm, what happens is B will be stuck with one piece until C appears.

And like BaekSoo said, turn off Initial Seeding when there are more than 1 seeder.

Reason being is that your computer, when set to Initial Seeding mode, maintains a list of the pieces to seed. It does this by crossing out those pieces that are already present in the swarm, so it will know which piece is missing and needs to be seed. So if there's another seeder around, your computer will just cross out all the pieces and not seed anything.

ladysaotome

Post by ladysaotome » Apr 14th, '12, 19:23

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much! They should sticky this instead of the old tutorial that's outdated!

BaekSoo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BaekSoo » Apr 14th, '12, 21:41

ladysaotome wrote:This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much! They should sticky this instead of the old tutorial that's outdated!
I'm glad to have helped you. :D

kayleach

Post by kayleach » Nov 2nd, '13, 23:55

ah, thank you!
good tutorial, i was wondering how to do it =D

stud1al
Australia

Re: How to create a torrent or batch torrent. (Tutorial)

Post by stud1al » Sep 22nd, '23, 01:27

BaekSoo wrote: Jan 16th, '12, 13:41 How to create a torrent or batch torrent. (Tutorial)

Start Utorrent --> File --> Create New Torrent or Ctrl+N.

1. Check mark or Tick: Start seeding. (In Red)
2. Add trackers marked in Green. A tracker list is provided below. Just copy and paste as is. DON'T remove the spacing in between. It won't work without the spacing. You can also google to get a more current list.
3. Add file. (In Blue) or Add Directory for batch. Select the file you want to seed. (Folder / Directory for batch)
4. Create and save as...

Save the torrent so that you can upload it to a torrent site later. (Eg. D-Addicts)

Finished. Click close.

1. The status of the torrent will show Finished. (In Red)
The tracker list can contain many or none but it helps if there are more trackers as the tracker hosts are not always 100% and may go down at any time.
WARNING Adding TOO MANY trackers will be BAD for the torrent. It will slow down the torrent as trackers need bandwidth too.

2. When you are ready to seed, just click on the start torrent marked in black.

3. The status will change from finished to seeding.

Super Seeding or Initial Seeding.

Right click on the torrent (in this case it's Dirty Mama) and select properties.

You can turn on Initial seeding if you are sure you are the only seeder around. If you are not the only seeder then DON'T turn on the Initial Seeding. More info for super seeding:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super-seeding

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_vocabulary

Check mark the Seeding Goal: Override default settings and put a Minimum ratio of more than 150. In my case I normally put it to 200-500 depending on the file size.

If your minimum ratio is set to just 100, then nobody will be able to finish downloading the torrent.

If the trackers are set as seen above then it's wrongly set. NO trackers will appear.

I hope this helps.
Thanks for that