[Tutorial] Watching Real Video (RMVB) with Subtitles

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
binky

[Tutorial] Watching Real Video (RMVB) with Subtitles

Post by binky » Apr 17th, '05, 03:13

I noticed alot of the chinese raws are being released in RMVB format.
And alot of people don't know how to get the subtitles in a format that can be used in Real Player. This is a quick guide I just wrote:

http://www.wxfs.org/tlbb/realvideo.doc

Sample of 01.smil file
http://www.wxfs.org/TLBB/RealVideo01.zip

Hopefully, this is of some use for people
-binky

Tickles168

Post by Tickles168 » Jul 12th, '05, 07:13

i'm having problem..when i view it..the screen is oversized..i see a big part of a face instead of a whole face..are the demensions wrong? and if you use subtitle workshop..how did you time it when you can't even ope the file for rm onto subtitle workshop

tianj

Post by tianj » Jul 12th, '05, 12:42

I just use Real Alternative's media player classic to play the rmvb files with any subtitles directly(no modification required, except change the subtitle name to the same as the rmvb file name). If you download the latest version of real alternative:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Rea ... native.htm
this should work without any change in settings(considering if you have directx latest version I believe)

so all you'll need is eg.

Slow Dance 01.rmvb
Slow Dance 01.srt
and it'll play the subtitles.

Tickles168

Post by Tickles168 » Jul 12th, '05, 22:30

wow thanks but the subs still don't show..do you play it on real player alt? or?

tianj

Post by tianj » Jul 14th, '05, 00:44

O yeah, I had installed Direct vobsub and it automatically shows up when I play the files.

kim™©®

Post by kim™©® » Jul 27th, '05, 16:25

thanks ...really a big help... :mrgreen:

sorrowmask

how to watch .rmvb file with soft sub???

Post by sorrowmask » Oct 27th, '05, 00:48

Is there anyone who can tell me how to watch the movie files .rmvb with the soft subs/?? I cant watch this file in BSplayer. If open this file in Realplayer i cant see the sub.... :blink

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Oct 27th, '05, 01:02

i just wrote down one option that worked for me here:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 393#250393

hope it works for you. :)

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Oct 27th, '05, 01:05

One option is to install the Real Alternative codec and use the WIndows Media Classic player (you can find both at Free-Codecs.com. Since WMC works with vobsub, you should be able to see subs then. Good luck.

hqkd

How to play rmvb with subtitle files?

Post by hqkd » Nov 12th, '05, 20:01

I tried to played rmvb in Real Player, but I couldn't load the subtitle. I installed rmvb codec with media player, still couldn't load the subtitle. I played it with BSplayer, it has sound and subtitle, but no picture (all messed up). VLC player doesn't work whatsoever. Windows Media Player, can't load subtitle. Is there anyway to get around this? I read on the internet that you can use BSplayer to play it, but how? There's no image. Is there any player to play this??? Btw, the file I'm trying to play is "It started with a kiss." Thanks.

lasusal

Post by lasusal » Nov 12th, '05, 20:12

well for me, i dont use real player, i use the real player alternative and watch all my rmvb files on windows media player classic. I also have vobsub installed....try doing this because it works for me

paychu

how to play file"RM" with subtitle?

Post by paychu » Dec 8th, '05, 21:58

i can't play it ,, :cry:

i downloaded movie file RM and i have its subtitle ..

and i try to play it by real one player , media player classic < they can support to play file RM> but they don't show the subtitle :crazy:

anyone give me some advice???? how should i do ??? or which program can help me ???
:|

thank you for advance

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Dec 8th, '05, 22:02

Wrong place to ask this question in the Fansubbing forum. Go to the Support or Tech Talk forum and you'll find your answers there.

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: how to play file"RM" with subtitle?

Post by CraZyaH » Dec 8th, '05, 22:11

it has been answered a lot in the subtitle forum

well all u have to do since u've already got the Windows Media Classic is just to rename the file from filename.rm to filename.rmvb
that should make the subs work,and don't worry renaming the file type won't affect the video file :-) hope that would help
Last edited by CraZyaH on Dec 8th, '05, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Dec 8th, '05, 22:12

yt_toshi is right. This should have been posted to the Support/Tech section. Moving it to Support section.

Now, as to your question. If you're going with Media Player Classic, you still need another program that'll play the subtitles (ie: vobsub). Check out the FAQ, specifically the section on subtitles [link].

paychu

how to play file "RM" with subtitle ???

Post by paychu » Dec 9th, '05, 21:30

i can't play it ,,

i downloaded movie file RM and i have its subtitle ..

and i try to play it by real one player , media player classic < they can support to play file RM> but they don't show the subtitle

anyone give me some advice???? how should i do ??? or which program can help me ???

thank you for advance

Smiley_18

Post by Smiley_18 » Dec 9th, '05, 21:36

I don't think subtitle files goes with rmvb, only with avi.

cees

Post by cees » Dec 9th, '05, 21:43

you can install Vobsub, then open the episode with real player (but the episode must have the same name as the subtitles and they must be saved in the same place)...

this is the link for Vobsub if u r interested
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/vobsub.html

SunStar

How to watch RMVB with SRT subs?

Post by SunStar » Jan 9th, '06, 06:44

i ususally can watch with avi. and ogm. but RMVB plays in Real Media Player... and my VODSUB doesn't load subtitles i have for it... is there a trick?

i do have the files labled the same... cause i watched my other series like that... but i've been unable to watch the series that are in RMVB with srt. subs...

:bunny:
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by :bunny: » Jan 9th, '06, 06:49

airskape

Post by airskape » Mar 26th, '06, 09:16

i havent read any of this thread but you can open rmvb files with the standard windows media player :D
makes life so much easier

i hate real player!!

pfl_fan

RealAudio / RealVideo VBR Files

Post by pfl_fan » Mar 26th, '06, 23:40

I have video files that are labeled RealAudio / RealVideo VBR which I can play on my RealPlayer, but the English subtitles with them don't show only the Chinese subtitles. The Eng subs are in srt files which play without any problem if the video file is an AVI file.

Can somebody please tell me how to make the video and subtitles work together? I already have DirectVobSub and can play AVI video files with srt files without any problem.

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Mar 27th, '06, 00:02

what media player are you using to play your real files?

pfl_fan

Post by pfl_fan » Mar 27th, '06, 00:08

scott12199 wrote:what media player are you using to play your real files?
I'm not sure I understand your question, but I use RealPlayer to play both the AVI and RealAudio / RealPlayer VBR files. The RealAudio / RealPlayer VBR files don't work on my Media Player.

pfl_fan

Post by pfl_fan » Mar 27th, '06, 01:53

Do I have to convert the RVB files to AVI files or something? If so, how do I do that?

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Mar 27th, '06, 01:57

real play doesnt work with vobsub... you will need to download real alternative codec from videohelp.com and install it into your computer. once you have it installed, you can play rvb files on media player, media player classic, bsplayer, divx player etc...

groink

Post by groink » Mar 27th, '06, 01:59

Install Real Alternative. It is a replacement for the official RealPlayer software, which is full of adware and other nonsense garbage. Real Alternative will integrate RMVB within DirectShow, which will then allow any DirectShow player (WMP, BSPlayer, MPC, VLC, etc.) to play RMVB files. Google for it.

--- groink

jAnA

Post by jAnA » Mar 27th, '06, 02:19

groink wrote:Install Real Alternative. It is a replacement for the official RealPlayer software, which is full of adware and other nonsense garbage. Real Alternative will integrate RMVB within DirectShow, which will then allow any DirectShow player (WMP, BSPlayer, MPC, VLC, etc.) to play RMVB files. Google for it.

--- groink

I've always use Gom Player (Download Page) and I have Real Alternative installed to enable the player to play rmvb files.

I had tried using MPC before but the subtitle didn't load (after renaming) & I can't make MPC load the subtitle itself (the player freezes whenever I do that).

So I play those rmvb files in Gom Player and load the subtitle using the player & it works. (But using the player to load subs has its own limitation/disadvantage, though.... )

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 27th, '06, 03:21

merging with real player topic....

pfl_fan

Post by pfl_fan » Mar 27th, '06, 03:59

groink wrote:Install Real Alternative. It is a replacement for the official RealPlayer software, which is full of adware and other nonsense garbage. Real Alternative will integrate RMVB within DirectShow, which will then allow any DirectShow player (WMP, BSPlayer, MPC, VLC, etc.) to play RMVB files. Google for it.

--- groink
So when I install Real Alternative and it asks me to UNINSTALL RealPlayer, I should choose Yes? Will I be able to play my AVI files with Real Alternative too?

airskape

Post by airskape » Mar 27th, '06, 04:12

yup

pfl_fan

Post by pfl_fan » Mar 27th, '06, 04:31

I tried to install Real Alternative but it failed because the Real Player it was replacing had some files that couldn't be deleted. Why not? How do I get around to that?

pfl_fan

Post by pfl_fan » Mar 27th, '06, 05:13

ironicwave wrote:i just wrote down one option that worked for me here:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 393#250393

hope it works for you. :)
I read your post on the above link. Are you saying all you did was d/l this Crystal Player and used it to play the .rmvb files and the subs worked?

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Mar 27th, '06, 06:18

back then i had to install real player as well, though not to play the files, but crystal seemed to require real player also be installed on system...
that worked for me then, since, i've had to reinstall my os and for some reason, it didn't work in the same way after...
could be cause i had a new codec setup, anyway...
i still use crystal for .rm and .rmvb files with subs, i also use media player classic... but i now have realalternative installed...
i usually just rename the files to .avi and it works...
codec functionality still isn't an exact science to me, they seem to work whenever it pleases them, so what worked for me, may or may not work for you...
just try both options or someone else's and see what works on your system... :D

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Mar 27th, '06, 06:27

install it in safe mode.... save you all the trouble... hehehehe

pfl_fan

Post by pfl_fan » Mar 27th, '06, 07:03

I'm sorry this is the first time I've heard of all these so I have many questions. Install what in safe mode? Real Alternative or Crystal Player? How is that?

Another question: If I install Real Alternative but chose NO for UNINSTALLING RealPlayer, would it still work?

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Mar 27th, '06, 07:50

no... you will have to uninstall real player and restart the computer before installing real alternative.

Real player is a piece of junk. If i were you, i would get rid of it.

Bsplayer professional and crystal player professional are three times better than real player... =)

pfl_fan

Post by pfl_fan » Mar 27th, '06, 22:09

scott12199 wrote:no... you will have to uninstall real player and restart the computer before installing real alternative.

Real player is a piece of junk. If i were you, i would get rid of it.

Bsplayer professional and crystal player professional are three times better than real player... =)
Well, I can't delete all the files of RealPlayer. My computer won't allow it. So when I try to install Real Alternative, it won't work because some of the Real Player files did not get deleted. My computer says "It cannot be deleted." So since I don't know how to take care of that, I was thinking of just installing Crystal Player. My question is, after installing Crystal Player am I all set to play the RVB files or I need to do something else?

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Mar 27th, '06, 23:29

im going to make everything easy for you... use sub resync to convert srt to smi... it is kind of hard trying to help you when you dont know much about computers...

pfl_fan

Post by pfl_fan » Mar 28th, '06, 03:36

scott12199 wrote:im going to make everything easy for you... use sub resync to convert srt to smi...
LOL. Somehow that doesn't sound easy. How do I do that?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 28th, '06, 03:58

pfl_fan: this is what i would do.....

go to START, CONTROL PANEL, ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS
find REAL PLAYER
uninstall it and restart your computer

double-click on 'My Computer' and navigate to your C:\ drive
find the Program Files folder
in it, find the 'Real' folder
delete it

now, install real alternative

PopGilligan

Post by PopGilligan » Apr 5th, '06, 00:04

So, is there a way to do this easily on a Mac? I've tried the various ways here, and they all seem to be for PC's... :cry:

I feel so computer illiterate.

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Soft subs in real player

Post by fairytwix » Apr 11th, '06, 00:43

Ummm....iv been scannin the threads...but..i can't see enifink bout this soo...i juz wanna ask..is it possible for real player to play soft subs? ikno BSPlayer can.. but the thing is..the file i dL is .rmvb... so..im not quite sure...i tried lookin for a function..but there isn't any... is there any other media player that can play BOTH .rmvb and .srt? or sud i just convert .rmvb to .avi so that i can watch it? :blink :unsure: :roll

Camui

Post by Camui » Apr 21st, '06, 09:11

PopGilligan wrote:So, is there a way to do this easily on a Mac? I've tried the various ways here, and they all seem to be for PC's... :cry:

I feel so computer illiterate.
HELP with .rmvb files and softsubs on a MAC !!!
sbungier wrote:Hey People, I am on a mac and when I download dramas from here I do two things and it works great

first you will need:

ffmpegX
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/8988
to convert the file (to be able to hear the audio)

Cellulo
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/8940
to view the softsub subtitles

They are both pretty easy to use (just drag and drop)

Hope this helps!

aku-kitsune
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aku-kitsune » May 20th, '06, 21:02

This is a stupid suggestion, but, does the video file and the subtitle file have the same name? Because they need to have the same name, in the same folder. And as a last resort use AviSynth to trick VirtualDubMOD into accepting those pesky rmvb files. Then hard sub as you would an avi file.

Kiya Sama

Post by Kiya Sama » May 26th, '06, 05:00

Hi all,
I've read through the previous posts and currently have Media Classic and vsob installed at the moment as per suggestions. But I STILL I keep getting the chinese subtitles. I do not have a .srt file but the .smi file. Do I have to convert that to .srt and if so, how?
Thanks for any and all help.

sklp4ever

Post by sklp4ever » May 26th, '06, 05:10

Thank you very much =)

aku-kitsune
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aku-kitsune » May 26th, '06, 09:22

Chinese subtitles? Chinese dramas always seem to have subtitles. I'm not sure how to remove them. I suppose you could crop it. Or remove them frame by frame on photoshop or paint shop pro.

Kiya Sama

Post by Kiya Sama » May 26th, '06, 11:47

aku-kitsune wrote:Chinese subtitles? Chinese dramas always seem to have subtitles. I'm not sure how to remove them. I suppose you could crop it. Or remove them frame by frame on photoshop or paint shop pro.
Actually the show I have is 'Fireboys' and it's in Japanese but with Chinese subtitiles. It's in the rmvb format and comes with a .smi file too. But although I've downloaded all the suggested programs to help me get the English subtitles, it still doesn't seem to work.

nasilemak

Post by nasilemak » Jun 17th, '06, 03:57

i had this error when everytime i try to load subtitles through media player classic...
i also have vobsub but somehow the subtitles won't show on the screen and this happened..

to load subtitles you have to change the video renderer type and reopen the file
-DirectShow: VMR7/VMR9 renderless or Haali's
-RealMedia: Special renderer for RealMedia: or open it through DirectShow
-Quictime: DX7 or DX9 renderer for QuickTime
-Shockwave: n/a

does anyone know how to fix this problem? :))

nasilemak

Post by nasilemak » Jun 17th, '06, 03:59

hi all,
i had this error when everytime i try to load subtitles through media player classic...
i also have vobsub but somehow the subtitles won't show on the screen and this happened..

to load subtitles you have to change the video renderer type and reopen the file

does anyone know how to fix this problem? :)

thanx

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Jun 17th, '06, 11:19

nasilemak wrote:hi all,

does anyone know how to fix this problem? :)

thanx

lolz...
here... i'll help you...
at the top of media player, you need to click on "view" tab
once the tab drops, you'll need to scroll down to options
"option" box should pop up.
on the left side of the option box, you should see "output" under Playback.

oh yeah....
uninstall vobsub and reinstall
you have to make sure that the file name and the sub name match are else vobsub will not automatically turn on.

i hope this help...

P.S.
I prefer Gom player....
check out the player at
http://www.gomplayer.com/main.html

made2burn4u

Post by made2burn4u » Jun 17th, '06, 14:03

hi i am new here... but i was wondering if there is a way to make bs player to play subtitles with rmvb files... i used to have this codec that allowed bs player to play the files and it would automatically load subtitles when i play... but i dont kno what happened because i dont have the codec anymore... i think the codec name was k-lite codec... but i am not sure.... can anyone help me to get bs player to play rmvb files...?

ooijanice

Post by ooijanice » Jun 17th, '06, 14:16

I love Gom Player, thak you for the link scott12199.

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Jun 17th, '06, 16:12

made2burn4u wrote:hi i am new here... but i was wondering if there is a way to make bs player to play subtitles with rmvb files... i used to have this codec that allowed bs player to play the files and it would automatically load subtitles when i play... but i dont kno what happened because i dont have the codec anymore... i think the codec name was k-lite codec... but i am not sure.... can anyone help me to get bs player to play rmvb files...?
real alternative and vobsub...
ooijanice wrote:I love Gom Player, thak you for the link scott12199.
np :D

nasilemak

Post by nasilemak » Jun 17th, '06, 19:28

ahaa thx scott12199.. :p
i took ur advise and worked just fine..
i noticed that the file name and the sub name has to be match or othewise

i also install that Gom Player and had some unwanted effects on my Media Player Classics tho..
but i solved it by reinstall it again and work perfectly now...

somehow rmvb formats are gone and movies wont play..
thats kinda wierd eii..

anyway thx..

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Jun 17th, '06, 20:06

nasilemak wrote:ahaa thx scott12199.. :p

somehow rmvb formats are gone and movies wont play..
thats kinda wierd eii..

anyway thx..
care to elaborate a little more?

sunshine4ever
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sunshine4ever » Jun 17th, '06, 21:33

hi scott, I downloaded Real Alternative, unfortunately the subtitles are not showing up even though I put the file the same file name for both rmvb for the video file and i put it srt for the text file..

is there something wrong with my computer? do i need some type of codecs? it's just weird that it plays fine in WMP for the vobsub..like vobsub's arrow will just show up, but it won't show up in the Windows Media Classic Player :cry: :cry: :cry:\

vobsub's arrow doesn't show up :cussing: and I'm so desperate to watch this chinese drama with subs..hic hic..i downloaded gom player, but it doesn't detect the subs either...huhu

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Jun 17th, '06, 22:39

sunshine4ever wrote:hi scott, I downloaded Real Alternative, unfortunately the subtitles are not showing up even though I put the file the same file name for both rmvb for the video file and i put it srt for the text file..

is there something wrong with my computer? do i need some type of codecs? it's just weird that it plays fine in WMP for the vobsub..like vobsub's arrow will just show up, but it won't show up in the Windows Media Classic Player :cry: :cry: :cry:\

vobsub's arrow doesn't show up :cussing: and I'm so desperate to watch this chinese drama with subs..hic hic..i downloaded gom player, but it doesn't detect the subs either...huhu
you should probably redownload vobsub, uninstall vobsub and reinstall the vobsub you just downloaded.

with gom player, you can load srt files without the need for vobsub.
>> open gom player
>> right click "on" gom player
>> scroll to subtitles and highlight it
>> scoll to subtitle explorer and click on it... subtitle explorer box should pop up
>> at the top of subtitle explorer click file
>> choose open
>> browse where the sub srt file is and there you go

let me know if that was of any help to you

sunshine4ever
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sunshine4ever » Jun 18th, '06, 00:40

dear scott, thank you so much for your instructions...I got it to work with the real alternative :mrgreen: :wub:

aralover

GOM has released its English version..

Post by aralover » Jun 26th, '06, 09:39

you guys should check out the english version of GOM at http://www.gomplayer.com/us

it has fixed alot of its bugs...

i loved this!

bad_girl

Post by bad_girl » Jun 26th, '06, 22:52

can i ask a question<><> is it rm the same as rmvb :scratch:

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Jun 26th, '06, 23:11

bad_girl wrote:can i ask a question<><> is it rm the same as rmvb :scratch:
yes

bad_girl

Post by bad_girl » Jun 26th, '06, 23:30

thanks alot

pink1e

Post by pink1e » Jul 4th, '06, 01:13

I installed Gom Player but i'm getting a mesage saying

"you don't have necessary codec to play. Please, click "find codec" button to the right side. Codec Fider will help you to unstall Codec."

but when I click on that button, it opens the browser but later automatically close. what am I doing wrong. :cry:

edit
nevermind ^-^ i found out were it was trying to direct me. it was because they entered http://"http://................." which caused it to enter the wrong site. found out that all i needed was real player alternative.

tessabel

Post by tessabel » Aug 18th, '06, 15:44

Hi! I'm, a kinda new here and i was trying to download it started with a kiss but it's in rmvb file so i followed the steps and was able to download real player i was able to watched it with subs but i was trying to burn it to dvd through nero but it can't detect the file, so i tried to hard sub it through virtualdubmod but it doesn't recognize the file as well, how do i convert the video to dvd? thanks so much

sl282828

Post by sl282828 » Oct 14th, '06, 10:20

I hv d/load Real Alternative but when i try to play the rm file it says you dun hv the needed codec or filters to install the systems??? What codec do I need?? After d/load real Alternative what i shld d/load??? Thanks

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Oct 14th, '06, 20:51

sl282828 wrote:I hv d/load Real Alternative but when i try to play the rm file it says you dun hv the needed codec or filters to install the systems??? What codec do I need?? After d/load real Alternative what i shld d/load??? Thanks
be more specific. what player are you using to play the file? are you using MPC (which came with Real Alternative)? also, you said you downloaded Real Alternative. did you actually install it? and what file are you trying to play?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Oct 19th, '06, 01:58

I have a problem with .rm files on one of my machines.

On one machine, the video and audio drift farther and farther from each other. But the same file plays perfectly fine on a different machine.

Also the video stops and starts, which I guess is why the audio/video go out of sync.

But it's the newer/faster machine that has the problem.

Also, the problem seems to be only on the icefish encodes. ydy encodes are perfectly fine...

notanotion

Post by notanotion » Nov 16th, '06, 05:05

Sorry guys, I really don't want my first post to be annoying and repetitious but CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?! :glare:

I've installed GOM player, everything's playing fine but I still can't view the subtitles. This is referring to a media file which is in .rm format and the subtitle file which is in .srt format. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Yes, I know I sound like a formal nutcase now but please :-(

choisim

Post by choisim » Dec 12th, '06, 16:42

Am quite new to all these.But was just wondering what is real audio/real video vbr files. is it the same as RMVB files? I have downloaded some tvb series which at the download site indicated that it is in RMVB format. However, when I have downloaded the files, i viewed it under properties and noted it is under real audio/real video vbr files. what my problem is that i need to convert to avi so that i can burn it to dvd. but most of the converters reverted with cannot open file error. Please help.

thanks

aku-kitsune
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aku-kitsune » Dec 12th, '06, 21:50

Have you labelled the files the same? This isn't important as I drag the subs on to the video rather than renaming them.

Umm... choisim that doesn't seem to be posted in the correct thread. I've not come across an encode than can do that. I use winavi and vdm. There are always some files that don't want to be converted. >.<

bonaparte

Post by bonaparte » Apr 27th, '07, 06:16

scott12199 wrote: lolz...
here... i'll help you...
at the top of media player, you need to click on "view" tab
once the tab drops, you'll need to scroll down to options
"option" box should pop up.
on the left side of the option box, you should see "output" under Playback.
T___T THANK YOU!! I was dying until I found this tip. <3!

haywon

cant view subtitles in an rmvb format video

Post by haywon » Aug 2nd, '07, 19:53

hiya, im new to this site well actually i'm not as i've been on this site numerous times however haven't had the time to register.. well anyway back on topic..

okay, you'll probably be annoyed as this issue has probably been mentioned millions of times and you keep on giving the answers over and over again. yeah i have searched on this site for any topics and i've found a couple however the solutions that worked for others doesn't work for me. I've downloaded the K-Lite codec pack, downloaded Real Alternative using Media Player Classic, also downloaded VLC Player, and downloaded the Real Alternative codec. And i've downloaded legend of star apple from this site and i've got the subtitles which are in the srt. format. I rename both files to be the same. 01.rmvb and 01.srt and it still wont work and yes i have already downloaded DirectVobSub and other subtitle files seem to be able to show up on my other avi files but the subtitles file will not work on this rmvb.. :|

So what can i do? thanks :-)

jewelchan

Re: cant view subtitles in an rmvb format video

Post by jewelchan » Aug 2nd, '07, 20:06

haywon wrote:I've downloaded the K-Lite codec pack, downloaded Real Alternative using Media Player Classic, also downloaded VLC Player, and downloaded the Real Alternative codec.
Try playing rmvb file in Media Player Classic, then at the File menu, select Load Subtitle and browse to your subtitle file and open it. This method always works for me.