Tweaking Bittorrent - How To Configure Bittorrent

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
EJKat

natcheck tests

Post by EJKat » Jul 26th, '05, 11:27

One question -- is there a recommended alternate natcheck test? I couldn't connect to btfaq for a couple days so I gave up and looked for something else. I ended up using this one:
http://www.voipuser.org/port_forward_tester.html
but I don't know if it was necessarily the best or if it makes any difference.
If there is a preferred alternative, you might want to add it to the faq in case other people trying to be good d-addicts citizens can't connect to btfaq in the future :D

thanks!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: natcheck tests

Post by jholic » Jul 27th, '05, 01:42

EJKat wrote:One question -- is there a recommended alternate natcheck test? I couldn't connect to btfaq for a couple days so I gave up and looked for something else.!
woah! apparently, you weren't kidding! btfaq does seem to be down. i hope it comes back up. i couldn't find another NAT checker using google. almost everyone points to that one.

the link you provided is helpful, but it isn't a true bittorrent NAT checker. if you want to test your ports and security, you can use this site: grc.com

thanks for the heads-up, though!

EJKat

Post by EJKat » Jul 27th, '05, 11:40

Thanks!! Will try that link asap!

EJKat

Post by EJKat » Jul 27th, '05, 11:48

jholic --

sorry to bug you but -- I went to grc.com, and I'm assuming I should be FAILING their port scan, right? The results I got for the ports ABC is using were:

Solicited TCP Packets: RECEIVED (FAILED)
Unsolicited Packets: PASSED
Ping Echo: PASSED

So I think that's right?

I'm still going to keep checking back until btfaq is back though.

thanks again!! :D

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 28th, '05, 10:22

EJKat: depends on which port scan you used. if you used their 'overall' portscanner (to see if you're in stealth mode), then it does not scan the bittorrent ports.

i believe your results are good, but i can't be sure.

there was one scan in there that allowed you to enter the port that you wanted scanned. i believe i started up a torrent, checked which port it was listening on, then scanned it at grc, and i failed.

EJKat

Post by EJKat » Jul 28th, '05, 11:31

jholic - thanks! Yeah, I scanned the specific ports I was using and failed. :lol So I think I'm all good.

and btfaq.com is still gone. (and his other site, dessent.net, too) how freaky! :O

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 29th, '05, 05:02

usually, if you're getting a green light (or on some bt clients green FONT), you should be good.

even with btfaq down, many other sites now hold simple bt information, so it isn't too bad. but i don't think anyone else has a nat check for bittorrent. :pale:

aesha

Post by aesha » Aug 24th, '05, 06:40

all of a sudden, i cant download more than 1 torrent at a time. if i want to start downloading another torrent, i have to stop downloading my previous one. and on the error column, it keeps on saying "downloader unexpectedly exited" everytime i start downloading another torrent. so, what is the problem that i am encountering now n how can i handle it?

Carista

Post by Carista » Aug 31st, '05, 23:50

wow.. i really do need to configure my client.. =X

ThangDiengXD

Post by ThangDiengXD » Sep 6th, '05, 22:44

3rrr..i failed the NAT check on that site..
but now i dont know which tut i should follow ..im using this router :http://www.sweex.com/product.asp?pId=288 , my download speed is random..somethimes it downloads 50/200 kb/s (on anime's) and sometimes it isnt downloading only uploading ...or it keeps downloading with 1/10 kbs..

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Sep 6th, '05, 23:12

ThangDiengXD wrote:3rrr..i failed the NAT check on that site..
but now i dont know which tut i should follow ..im using this router :http://www.sweex.com/product.asp?pId=288 , my download speed is random..somethimes it downloads 50/200 kb/s (on anime's) and sometimes it isnt downloading only uploading ...or it keeps downloading with 1/10 kbs..
Try the following steps:

1. On your browser, go to http://192.168.62.1 and type "admin" (no quotes) as your username and "1234" (no quotes) as your password at the login prompt.

2. After you configured your internet connection with your router, go to the NAT page, which is on the left column, and click on the Special Application under it.

3. From here, try these settings:
Protocol: TCP
Trigger Port Range: 6881-6889 (or a range of ports between 6881-6999)
Maximum Activity Interval: 50
Session Chaining: Enable
Chaining on UDP: Disable
Address Replacement: Enable
Address Translation Type: TCP
Two Way Only: Enable

4. After you set all these settings, click Apply and try to see if you pass the NAT check this time.

I hope this works for you and your router.
Last edited by yt_toshi on Sep 7th, '05, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 7th, '05, 10:21

some clients use bt port range of: 6881 to 6999

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Sep 7th, '05, 11:26

Hmm...if the ranges of the ports for bt goes from 6881-6999, then what would be the best ranges that a person should choose when setting it up with a router?

I used the port ranges from 6881-6889 and so far, it's worked just fine with my router setup.

ThangDiengXD

Post by ThangDiengXD » Sep 7th, '05, 18:41

yt_toshi wrote:
ThangDiengXD wrote:3rrr..i failed the NAT check on that site..
Try the following steps:

1. On your browser, go to http://192.168.62.1 and type "admin" (no quotes) as your username and "1234" (no quotes) as your password at the login prompt.

2. After you configured your internet connection with your router, go to the NAT page, which is on the left column, and click on the Special Application under it.

3. From here, try these settings:
Protocol: TCP
Trigger Port Range: 6881-6889 (or a range of ports between 6881-6999)
Maximum Activity Interval: 50
Session Chaining: Enable
Chaining on UDP: Disable
Address Replacement: Enable
Address Translation Type: TCP
Two Way Only: Enable

4. After you set all these settings, click Apply and try to see if you pass the NAT check this time.

I hope this works for you and your router.
Err thnx for trying 2 help but still failed xD

ThangDiengXD

Post by ThangDiengXD » Sep 7th, '05, 18:53

zz seems like i got another problem..the thing on my bittornado wont get 2 green..its still yellow..while i turned my windows firewall(XP sp2) off already..

ThangDiengXD

Post by ThangDiengXD » Sep 7th, '05, 19:10

Errr wad de hell i restarted my comp now when i open BT it says EROOR(09.12 PM)
Couldn't listen - unable forward port via UPnP
-
SCREENSHOT
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ ... rrrrrr.jpg

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 8th, '05, 00:56

yt_toshi wrote:Hmm...if the ranges of the ports for bt goes from 6881-6999, then what would be the best ranges that a person should choose when setting it up with a router?
i think it depends on your client and other factors. i use btornado (like ThangDiengXD). if you check the "pref" in tornado, it is set to default between ports 6881-6999. you can change the range of these ports if you like, OR stop it from randomizing.

ThangDiengXD: try changing your range to 6999. or, change the PREF in tornado.

ThangDiengXD

Post by ThangDiengXD » Sep 8th, '05, 05:24

i changed it 2 6999, but the standard port on my BT is 10000-60000 ?!!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 10th, '05, 04:14

if this is the case, you should change to 10000-60000. OR, change the standart port range back to 6881-6999.

HomelessBird

Post by HomelessBird » Sep 14th, '05, 14:06

I am using DSL, and download with edonkey2000. My dolwnload speed is very slow, most of the time was under 5kb. The UDP Port is 9756, and TCP Port is 4662. Do I need to change anything ? Or Is there any other way to imporve my download speed? Please help !!!!! THanks a lot !

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 15th, '05, 09:14

i know that some edonkey clients have a built-in BT feature. i don't use it, so i wouldn't know. try using a bt client for bt.

Recommended Bittorrent Clients

patty

Post by patty » Sep 15th, '05, 16:16

Hi , i m using azureuz and i'm still confused about opening the ports thingy.The light stays yellow at all times, i've never seen a green light. I've visited portforward.com and followed the step by step instruction. But somehow after i finished the whole thing, i cant open webpages and one of my torrent light turn red. Acc to portforward.com there might be something wrong with my DNS servers. In the instruction, I'm supposed to have 2 DNS servers, the preferred and d alternate . But somehow I only have 1 DNS server appearing on my config screen. :-( I'm reli lousy at these things. Pls help me.
THanks. :wub:

horo_horo

Post by horo_horo » Sep 16th, '05, 14:53

is it for free torrent

de5tiny87

Post by de5tiny87 » Sep 25th, '05, 04:17

i cant seem to do the port forwarding thing. the router that i'm using don't seem to be a common brand. it's Buffalo WBR2-G54. at the config pgs, i cant seem to find the 'forwarding' function. i'm using cable and bitcomet. dling spd ranges fr 3-10kbs.

also, for config external ip address, i read that ''The official BitTorrent clients all support a commandline option to tell them what your IP address is (--ip 1.2.3.4) so just substitute in your IP address and you are good to go. ''
um, where do i find the commandline option thing to substitute my ip address?

thnkz!!!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 27th, '05, 00:41

de5tiny87 wrote:also, for config external ip address, i read that ''The official BitTorrent clients all support a commandline option to tell them what your IP address is (--ip 1.2.3.4) so just substitute in your IP address and you are good to go. ''
um, where do i find the commandline option thing to substitute my ip address?
are you planning to use 'bitcomet' or the 'official bt client'?

BitComet Help:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18060

for your router, www.portforward.com may have a help section that may assist you.

kdramafanatic

Post by kdramafanatic » Oct 9th, '05, 20:47

HI! I downloaded the drama fashion 70's and I couldnt hear anything and there wasnt subtittles..can you tell me whats wrong? thanks

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 9th, '05, 23:11

kdramafanatic

Post by kdramafanatic » Oct 10th, '05, 21:25

I downloaded the vobsub and I dont kno how to use it..lol Can you tell me? thanks

soulmate678

Post by soulmate678 » Oct 14th, '05, 17:25

my bittornado is freezing when the client reach 60 peers. is there any solution for that? and what should i type in response file? because it always says that no such file or directory "c:\program files\bittornado\btdownloadgui.exe" --ip 123.45.67.89 --responsefile "%1"

im using windows xp sp2 , i already turned off the firewalls but still , i cant make it work. And i dont have any anti viruses installed. i dont have router either.

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Oct 24th, '05, 01:37

Ever since I had to replace my hard drive and start from scratch, my BT speeds are nowhere near what they used to be. I get green lights on ABC, but the speeds are pretty lousy and the uploads are normal. I keep failing the NAT checks too ;__; Looking in my firewall, ABC.exe has full access and none of my "blocked events" are in the usual BT port ranges anymore (they used to be). O_o Windows Firewall is disabled, and my McAfee Personal Firewall never blocked the BT ports before (6881-6999). I checked and they are not blocked in the firewall settings. I think my ports are forwarded, maybe w/in the BT client or something. Anybody know how to check that in ABC? Or, any other reason why I'm getting green lights and still failing NAT checks?

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Oct 24th, '05, 02:08

neonkinpatsu wrote:I think my ports are forwarded, maybe w/in the BT client or something. Anybody know how to check that in ABC? Or, any other reason why I'm getting green lights and still failing NAT checks?
You have to perform the NAT check on an active torrent. You can get the port of a torrent in ABC through the "Torrent Details" dialog. If you perform a NAT check on a inactive port then it will of course fail because nothing answers the NAT check.
Also I strongly recomment NOT to use the standard BT ports. Your ISP might throttle them. Change it from 6881-6999 to something else (e.g. 20000-20020) in your client settings and change your firewall settings accordingly.

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Oct 24th, '05, 02:53

I used to use the standard ports.....but I'm looking at it now and it seems that I don't, and I have no idea how that happened O__o ABC is using 43930 or some crap like that. That one passes the NAT check, of course. I just don't get how I ended up using that port. I never touched a setting at all. I don't know much about ABC settings to even set a range.....b/c I'm hoping that this isn't the ONLY port being used O__o I'm wondering if that's why my downloads are pretty slow...

Amika

Post by Amika » Oct 24th, '05, 09:24

ur abc should show the peers if all of them are having a local instead of remote that mean ur port forwarding port and ur bt client port mismatch....

sulin

Post by sulin » Nov 7th, '05, 10:41

just wanna thank all those who commented in this thread..
finally my download speed has increased! heeee~
thanks a lot!!! really appreciate it!

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Nov 13th, '05, 14:51

Thank you for the forum. I performed a check on everything you adviced and they worked properly. BUT, my download is still very low (zero, actually) for one particular torrent.

Situation:
- We have 1 seeder
- But, the rest of us leechers are stuck on 22.6%
- It takes hours just to download 0.1%

What should I do in this situation?

mvk20

Troubleshooting

Post by mvk20 » Nov 18th, '05, 16:34

I was wondering if someone could help me troubleshoot. Maybe there are steps I can go through to be sure that I've done each thing properly, and maybe there's a step I'm missing. Hopefully someone here can help. I've done the following:
Set up a static ip address
Forwarded ports on router
Checked that there are exceptions in Windows firewall and Norton Worm Protect

My router is a Netgear WGT624v2. I've got four clients currently installed: Azureus, BitComet, MicroTorrent (utorrent), BitTornado. I've forwarded different ports for all four, and set exceptions for all four but I can't pass a NAT check on any of them. For the record, I have used IRC successfully to get files.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Troubleshooting

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 19th, '05, 01:08

mvk20 wrote:I was wondering if someone could help me troubleshoot. Maybe there are steps I can go through to be sure that I've done each thing properly, and maybe there's a step I'm missing. Hopefully someone here can help. I've done the following:
Set up a static ip address
Forwarded ports on router
Checked that there are exceptions in Windows firewall and Norton Worm Protect

My router is a Netgear WGT624v2. I've got four clients currently installed: Azureus, BitComet, MicroTorrent (utorrent), BitTornado. I've forwarded different ports for all four, and set exceptions for all four but I can't pass a NAT check on any of them. For the record, I have used IRC successfully to get files.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Maybe you could start at the basic configuration and work back from there. Temporary turn off your firewall and if you can turn off your NATting on your router and put your computer directly on the internet. Try the test again to see if you pass.

mvk20

Thanks!

Post by mvk20 » Nov 21st, '05, 20:13

Thanks for the advice. I'll connect the computer directly to my dsl modem and run a nat check. Either way, that will help isolate where the problem is, right? I don't know if I'll have time to do it this week, but it will be soon, and I'll check back in here with the result. Thanks again!

mvk20

No luck...

Post by mvk20 » Nov 29th, '05, 22:42

I'm connected right now, and still failing NAT check. I have unplugged my router, so with no power I'm assuming no port forwarding is happening there. I am connected directly to my DSL modem via ethernet cable. I have Windows firewall turned off, and I have Norton Worm Protection turned off. I have a torrent running, and pasted the hash ID, and the port I'm listening at (50553) in the nat check website posted earlier in this thread, and I'm failing. I don't think it's the client I'm using (Azureus), as I've tried 4 of them. Any ideas as to what the problem could be? Thanks so much.

groink

Re: No luck...

Post by groink » Nov 29th, '05, 22:58

mvk20 wrote:I'm connected right now, and still failing NAT check.
Is it quite possible that your Internet service provider is performing some form of NAT? This seemed to be a norm for most Singapore Internet users a couple of years ago, and it may still occur in various parts of the world. Even some DSL carriers perform NAT without the novice Internet customer realizing it. A quick way to find out is to look at your PC's IP address. With your router removed, if the IP address looks something like 10.x.x.x, 172.16.x.x, or 192.168.x.x, then your ISP is NAT'ing.

Also, a number of ISPs install proxies between you and the Internet. Even if you have a real IP address on your PC, a proxy could still cause the NAT test to fail. The only way to find out is to call your ISP and perform some social engineering to get the accurate information.

--- groink

mvk20

Some success, but not quite...

Post by mvk20 » Nov 30th, '05, 11:28

I finally passed a NAT check. What I was missing was that I hadn't forwarded the ports on my DSL modem - I had only forwarded them on my wireless router. I didn't realize modems were considered routers too. So, I was able to pass a NAT check with the computer hooked directly to the modem. When I hook the modem to the wireless, however, I no longer pass the NAT check. Does that isolate the problem? What do I need to do now? Do you need to have the ports forwarded on both, as I have it now?

Thanks so much for all of the help.

mvk20

Success!!

Post by mvk20 » Nov 30th, '05, 11:44

I finally got it! The problem was that I forwarded the ports on my DSL modem when my wireless wasn't connected, so it was getting the IP addresses wrong then when I connected it. I now have passed the NAT check with wireless router connected. Thanks again.

supeng

Re: During downloading

Post by supeng » Dec 2nd, '05, 03:14

mar_D wrote:Hi ... just a few question

1) i managed to open the file and the torrent is working. but it got hanged half-way ... for example it already downloaded 79% then it stopped. what is the problem?

2) the file keep saying connecting to peer even after hours of opening the torrent. is it problem with the file or is it because of my slow modem?

thanks so much
hi...im having the same problem as his...can someone pls help me if u know what's happening with our computers??pls..thx a million.. :salut:

redsea

Post by redsea » Dec 4th, '05, 01:53

Thanks for posting this topic. It helps me alot and improve my download speed. I just wonder where to find the topic about all the error message in torrent and how to fix or explanation..... I remember i read it long time ago....But now it's nowhere to find.

Thank you so much if someone can help cuz I have message like: "problem connecting to tracker - url error (unknown url type.....info hash.....)" therefore the download speed is very slow.

sosushi2

Post by sosushi2 » Dec 10th, '05, 22:24

I have been getting a "page cannot be found" with any torrent I try to download. I've never had this problem before. Any ideas?

sosushi2

Post by sosushi2 » Dec 19th, '05, 02:43

sosushi2 wrote:I have been getting a "page cannot be found" with any torrent I try to download. I've never had this problem before. Any ideas?

Nevermind, found out what the problem was.

zyzb

Post by zyzb » Dec 19th, '05, 18:26

Help me plse!!!
My download rate is only 6k, upload is 1k. I'm using bitornado. I have port forward my router but I am still natted. My zone alarm firewall is also configured to accept the port. What should I do??. Been reading almost all the post, but it still doesnt work. Help me!!

DragoonKain3

Post by DragoonKain3 » Dec 19th, '05, 19:18

zyzb wrote:Help me plse!!!
My download rate is only 6k, upload is 1k. I'm using bitornado. I have port forward my router but I am still natted. My zone alarm firewall is also configured to accept the port. What should I do??. Been reading almost all the post, but it still doesnt work. Help me!!
I'm pretty sure zone alarm is incompatible with BT, well at least for me. It's ok in the beginning, but after a while ZA starts blocking traffic through BT for me. It's weird.

And double check your router to see if its configured properly. If you think you got it configured properly, then try using DMZ option, with the IP address obviously matching your computer. Sure it defeats the entire point of using a router, but just do it to see if you are natted. If you don't get natted after using DMZ, then you misconfigured your router with port forwarding.

But if it isn't ZA that's the prob in your computer, nor is it your router, then it must be your ISP. If your in university, then your university firewall would probably block your traffic. If you aren't, then it might be your ISP is throttling BT traffic. If that is the case, you need to use port 1720.

That's all I know, and if you are still having problems, try BitComet or Pi-Torrent. I believe they can use UPanP, which does all the port forwarding for you. But if you still are having problems, then ask someone else. :P

sassy_kai_03

Post by sassy_kai_03 » Dec 23rd, '05, 09:34

pls... i need to download sumting immediately but i was amazed that it finished within sum kind'a of 10 seconds. when i try to open it it says that windows cannot recognize the file type... it asked me to either choose frm a list of programs or use the web to find the appropriate program... i clicked the one saying "use the web to find the appropriate program.".. and i was directed to a site where it told me that windows can't recognize the said file... what shld i do? pls. help me... it's kind'a impt... i'm kind'a rushing it for xmas... coz i have a little sister who really want it...i just wanted to give this to her as a gyft...i just wanted to make her happy this holiday season.. pls... i hope u cud help me asap... thnx a lot!!!!

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Dec 23rd, '05, 09:43

urm what is the file extension name?

Jung Se jin

Post by Jung Se jin » Dec 24th, '05, 02:02

How do I configure a LAN network to get a better download rate?

Im using a lan network which I dont hav authority to the router, is there any other way to configure the network for better speeds?

Aza aza Fighting................Thank You!

:scratch: :scratch: :pale: :cry: :cry: :roll :unsure:

sassy_kai_03

Post by sassy_kai_03 » Dec 24th, '05, 08:32

milleu87 wrote:urm what is the file extension name?
elow... thnx for the concern... i hve already figured out the answer... i hve downloaded bitorent... well, juz wanna ask how cud i mke the dl faster? s der any way ?... i've been dl for about 8 hrs bt still the dl progress s still 14.8%... what shld i do? hope u'll reply me back... thnx... Ü

semiturtle

Post by semiturtle » Dec 29th, '05, 04:26

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post the question but I've been trying to dl the dramas but for some reason I'm not connecting to the tracker.... in the Tracker Status part it says 'connecting tracker to say start, waiting for response.' Am I blocking something?

semiturtle

Post by semiturtle » Dec 29th, '05, 04:36

Sorry for double posting but found the answer .... my apologies

cilchan

Post by cilchan » Dec 31st, '05, 01:54

help, im running bitcomet, my dl speed ranges fr 2kb-12kb/s and my ul is more than that.
ive configured my ul speed to limit it to 80% of my max ... still the same

i did the natcheck, wc says it would appear i have NAT.

but then again is this DL speed normal, im right now DLing Marrying a Millionaire..

is there something i should do that im entirely missing out? :|

redsea

Post by redsea » Jan 1st, '06, 03:09

The modem is not in the list. Is there anyway that I can configure it? The modem is Motorola SB5100 series. Thank you very much

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jan 1st, '06, 03:58

What's wrong with it? I have the same modem.

crazylegsryan

Post by crazylegsryan » Jan 9th, '06, 00:14

I just want to say thanks to the person who suggested port 1720. Rogers Cable in Ottawa is definitely screwing with other ports, but this gives me full speed.

masterbebu

Post by masterbebu » Jan 19th, '06, 06:14

im using dsl and my ip address recently was changed... how can i fix it so that i would pass the nat check again?

masterbebu

Post by masterbebu » Jan 20th, '06, 02:47

sorry.. i figured it out....

FaustVIII

Post by FaustVIII » Jan 27th, '06, 04:51

I need help. I wanna know my static ip address to start off my port forwarding. The problem is, the procedure that is available is for the original windows xp, and I'm using windows xp SP 2. I tried to follow the steps of the windows xp on how to get my static ip address but in the original version, the subnet mask and default gateway is available in the TCP/IP Properties, which doesn't appear in the windows xp SP 2. So, could I still get my static ip address even without these 2 functions? By the way, I'm using an ADSL ZTE ZXDSL 831
Last edited by FaustVIII on Jan 27th, '06, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.

droozy

Post by droozy » Jan 27th, '06, 05:59

hi I need help.

My NAcheck failed. I have removed the firewall... so when is it the next step ? I do not really understand the terms used in this forum. Can someone help me ? My Dl is going very slowly like DL speed is only 4-5kb

Thanks

bela_mex

plz help

Post by bela_mex » Jan 27th, '06, 22:08

ok so my download is REALLY bad.... somewhere between 0.1 - 2.5 kb/s

i started following all the instructions but i'm stuck when is comes to portfowarding
i went to the website portforward.com
and i was looking through the common ports page

i'm using a Gateway 500GR
but it's not listed.... they're only gateway 200GR and others like it
i've got SBC global dsl and i'm using Utorrent....

what do i do??

plz help

:bunny:
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: plz help

Post by :bunny: » Jan 30th, '06, 03:21

bela_mex wrote:ok so my download is REALLY bad.... somewhere between 0.1 - 2.5 kb/s

i started following all the instructions but i'm stuck when is comes to portfowarding
i went to the website portforward.com
and i was looking through the common ports page

i'm using a Gateway 500GR
but it's not listed.... they're only gateway 200GR and others like it
i've got SBC global dsl and i'm using Utorrent....

what do i do??

plz help
isn't Gateway 500GR is a PC? not a router? :unsure:

bela_mex

Post by bela_mex » Jan 31st, '06, 01:31

lol i'm such a lo-tech person i don't even know
but i got it to work
after i read the instructions 'bout 20 times ;)

Hero

Post by Hero » Jan 31st, '06, 22:09

i did the nat test and it passed but currently it is still onyl downloading really slow about 4kb/s
the torrent/file im downloading at the moment is bayaku yakou ep1 sars fansubs
its on 31.9% and i've been download on and off since it was released a few days ago
any ideas?
thanks

Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by :bunny: » Feb 1st, '06, 03:56

Hero wrote:i did the nat test and it passed but currently it is still onyl downloading really slow about 4kb/s
the torrent/file im downloading at the moment is bayaku yakou ep1 sars fansubs
its on 31.9% and i've been download on and off since it was released a few days ago
any ideas?
thanks
hmmm u're not really specific so i dunno where your problem is
but there are some suggestions in the FAQ :)

Jung Se jin

Post by Jung Se jin » Feb 7th, '06, 18:20

Hello! Can anybody help me with bitcomet connections problem, where I couldnt connect to d-addicts tracker anymore.....I dont hav the authority to do port forwarding on the router! When I start using bitcomet my internet connections would have problem to connect properly, what I mean is it cant connect!

Can somebody help me with this????? Is there a way to block bitcomet connections to trackers and how to bypass this blocked???

Plsss im desperate to download again! I miss all the drama I use to download!

Help Help Help!!!!

:scratch: :pale: :-(

Jung Se jin

Post by Jung Se jin » Feb 7th, '06, 18:47

Hello generous people out there!

Can anybody help me out, my problem is:

I cant connect to d-addicts or any trackers.
I dont hav authority to the router that my computer is connecting to, so I cant do thing like port forwarding.
All my download stop and cant continue anymore.
Is they anyway to bypass bitcomet from being block to connect to tracker!

Help me out guys......Plssssssss!!!

Desperately in trouble!

himenajima

Post by himenajima » Feb 7th, '06, 22:45

im using peer gaurdian does anyone know what i have to do to connect to the torrents? :cry:

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Feb 7th, '06, 23:08

Jung Se jin wrote:Hello generous people out there!

I dont hav authority to the router that my computer is connecting to, so I cant do thing like port forwarding.

Desperately in trouble!
sorry but if you can't forward your bittorrent port on the router than you're pretty much stuck.
himenajima wrote:im using peer gaurdian does anyone know what i have to do to connect to the torrents? :cry:
you need to configure peer guardian to allow traffic from the tracker server (d-addicts.net IP is 217.172.47.150) through.

himenajima

Post by himenajima » Feb 8th, '06, 00:53

Ruroshin wrote:
Jung Se jin wrote:Hello generous people out there!

Desperately in trouble!
sorry but if you can't forward your bittorrent port on the router than you're pretty much stuck.
himenajima wrote:im using peer gaurdian does anyone know what i have to do to connect to the torrents? :cry:
you need to configure peer guardian to allow traffic from the tracker server (d-addicts.net IP is 217.172.47.150) through.
thank u it works u rock! :cheers: :thumleft:

beccaa

Post by beccaa » Feb 21st, '06, 14:09

Will someone be willing to help?

I just recently reformatted my pc, so i had to set up everything again. I disabled all the firewalls (windows and linksys-i think i disabled it, i'm not sure-), and i forwarded all my ports, but it's still going at 10-12kbps and the signal stays yellow, which means i'm behind a firewall or using a proxy server. I used bittornado.

First of all, what's a proxy server? I didn't have such a problem before, so I'm not sure..

Also, is there anything else I missed out while configuring my bittornado, if not why does it refuse to change to green?

Thanks in advance!

Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by :bunny: » Feb 22nd, '06, 23:28

beccaa wrote:Will someone be willing to help?

I just recently reformatted my pc, so i had to set up everything again. I disabled all the firewalls (windows and linksys-i think i disabled it, i'm not sure-), and i forwarded all my ports, but it's still going at 10-12kbps and the signal stays yellow, which means i'm behind a firewall or using a proxy server. I used bittornado.

First of all, what's a proxy server? I didn't have such a problem before, so I'm not sure..

Also, is there anything else I missed out while configuring my bittornado, if not why does it refuse to change to green?

Thanks in advance!
errr i don't think u need to disable your firewalls, forwarding ports is good enuff
have u changed the port in bittornado's setting with the same port that you've forwarded? :roll

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 27th, '06, 01:54

beccaa wrote:I just recently reformatted my pc, so i had to set up everything again. I disabled all the firewalls (windows and linksys-i think i disabled it, i'm not sure-), and i forwarded all my ports, but it's still going at 10-12kbps and the signal stays yellow, which means i'm behind a firewall or using a proxy server. I used bittornado.

agree with bunny. do not disable your linksys firewall. the windows one is up to you, since most people says it sucks.

does the torrent you're on have lots of seeders & downloaders?

stop all internet activity and do a google search for 'bandwidth speed test'. test your speed.

then do a NAT check as described in the FAQ. do you pass?