How to cut up RMVB files and get its sound separately?

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
canon05

How to cut up RMVB files and get its sound separately?

Post by canon05 » Mar 6th, '07, 06:45

Hello everyone,

There is several scenes I wanted to cut separately then get the sound separate for listening.

Do you know how to cut RMVB files and then turn the sound to mp3? Any format is fine as long as it can be played in mp3 players. Thanks.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 6th, '07, 06:49

you can use virtualdubmod. selectively choose the section you want, then save as a .wav file. from there, you can convert to .mp3 or if you want, keep it as .wav.

p.s. you need avisynth as well, otherwise virtualdubmod won't let you load a .rmvb file.

canon05

Post by canon05 » Mar 6th, '07, 06:59

Thanks for the reply. :-) I read the similar answer. Thought there was another way to get the sound separately.

canon05

Post by canon05 » Mar 6th, '07, 07:42

I've installed avisynth 2.5 and Virtualdubmod then made some script for RMVB formats but still receive this error message. Tried VirtualDub, the similar error message would pop up. Would you please point out the problem? Thanks a lot.

Edit - I tried to copy the filter, but the error window keeps appearing. :-(

Would you kindly point out what to do? Thanks a lot.
Attachments
Error
Error
screenshot.gif (23.51 KiB) Viewed 3696 times

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 6th, '07, 16:39

hmmm...i've never gotten that error before. i'm assuming you used the script that was posted in the videohelp tutorial, so that's probably not the issue. do you have real alternative as well?

canon05

Post by canon05 » Mar 7th, '07, 03:16

That's weird. I have real alternative installed a long ago before I installed this VirtualDubMod. I thought it should be fine, but the error window keeps popping up.

Would you kindly point out what to do? Thanks a lot.

Edit - never mind. I've figured out. Thanks for the reply.