.scm extension

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

.scm extension

Post by Kumaxell » Aug 7th, '07, 14:09

I started seeing .scm extension popping up for Chinese RAW files. I have no idea how to play this kind of file. Is this a new codec or do I need a new video player for this?

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Aug 7th, '07, 16:44

No, it's probably the crappiest format you could find.

It means ScreenCam Screen Recording. It's, to quote, a PC screen recording created using ScreenCam screen capture software; acts as a "screen camcorder" that records the exact activity displayed on the screen of a Windows computer.

You need SmartGuyz ScreenCam or ScreenCam Plug-in to open the files.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Aug 9th, '07, 00:09

When you mean crappy, do you mean VCR quality or pirated movie from a movie theater recording quality? Thanks for helping me understand this new format.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Aug 9th, '07, 00:16

Odds are it was someone recording their screen while using PPStream... if you can imagine what that would look like. :crazy:

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 8th, '07, 01:35

I found the codec for .scm at http://www.scmfans.com/ and http://www.supermv.net/
I watched Brown Sugar Macchiato with scm extension. A 300MB scm video is similar to a 190MB rmvb quality video. Actually, it's like youtube quality. The major downside to this is that my non-Chinese based window system doesn't read their Chinese encoded files because it's based on Flash technology (if you know what I mean.) They should really consider using unicode, instead...

jrs0000

Post by jrs0000 » Mar 21st, '09, 13:11

well that is an interesting idea you have man... But wait you have been try to search in some online site like this...

staffingdix

Post by staffingdix » Aug 3rd, '09, 14:25

A PC screen recording created using ScreenCam screen capture software that acts as a "screen camcorder" that records the exact activity displayed on the screen of a Windows computer? how about on other OS?

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Aug 4th, '09, 00:51

locking temp