combining a movie broken into two parts (NOT HJ split)

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
arielle7

combining a movie broken into two parts (NOT HJ split)

Post by arielle7 » Sep 1st, '07, 05:26

I just downloaded the moive "He Was Cool" but it was broken into 2 avi files; a disc one and a disc two, but it was the same movie! It even had two subtitle files! Well, I want to burn this movie onto a dvd, but not as two seperate files. Is there any way to put the movie back together again? Why was it broken up like that in the first place?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 1st, '07, 05:47

I believe movies are often split to fit onto two regular CDs. You can combine the video with vdubmod. You load part 1 go to file append segment, load the second part. Set it to direct stream copy under video and save as.

For the subs... I think you will get an error if you try to copy the files in note pad. Instead you would need to use a subbing program and copy the contents of one file into the other one. Then shift the times so the second half starts at the appropriate time.

Gir

Post by Gir » Sep 1st, '07, 06:00

To rejoin divided AVI videos I use the program "AVI/MPEG/RM Joiner", it's pretty quick and simple.

I just joined two .srt sub files tonight for the first time, for that I used "Sabbu.

I first copy/pasted the contents of the second sub file (in notepad) at the end of the first sub file. Then opened the new combined file in Sabbu, then clicked "sync event to wave" and it renumbered and retimed the added subtitle lines.

arielle7

Post by arielle7 » Sep 27th, '07, 05:17

OH THANKYOUThankyouthankyou!!!!!! :cheers: :lol :P :D