D-Addicts certificate of authority?

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
robx

D-Addicts certificate of authority?

Post by robx » Jan 12th, '08, 07:34

I suddenly get a certificate of authority coming to me from certain random threads from d-addicts. Is this something new? or am i missing something? It says its from isp.wollsau.de or something like that, and its unable to verify that its secure. I won't accept it unless i know its from d-addicts for sure. A bit concerning though.

this thread for instance sends me the cert of authority
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_49145.htm

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Jan 12th, '08, 07:49

Wow! I've never had that box pop up on my screen. While reading what you've said so far I was assuming that it was just some mishap on you pc, but I saw the same cert. of authority thing box as well.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jan 12th, '08, 10:53

That is very unusual. Certificate verification only pops up if a certificate is presented to your browser that is not signed by one of the in-built Certificate Authority. Furthermore, D-Addicts doesn't use any SSL technology and it doesn't send any certificates so if you see something like then do not trust it.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Jan 13th, '08, 14:17

The error resulted from an avatar image that was hosted on isp.wollsau.de(sp?).. You needed to accept the certificate to be able to see the image. It had nothing to do with our website.

robx

Post by robx » Jan 13th, '08, 17:51

ohh an avatar eh? i had no idea why it was popping up only on certain random thread pages. I have never seen an avatar do that before, but now that you mention it, it does make sense. That's good to hear, though i really don't need to accept it. i rarely pay attention to avatars anyway even though i have one of my own :lol